May 2008 Requests Archive

645 comments:

1 – 200 of 645   Newer›   Newest»
Isbum said...

Welcome back everyone!

Thank you all for making the first year of this blog such a wonderful experience!
The generosity and kindness you have shown towards the community of music lovers here stands as a beacon of light in cyberspace!

It's my honor to continue being a host for you wonderful people.

I toast to you!

To another great year at Franklynot!

Cheers my friends!


@ EnJoY! :)

BOYNOTORIOUS said...

Congrats on hitting a year. With blogs dying, getting busted, and or simply never really happening (cough, cough, yack.) it's great to see one that isn't hurting for posts, content, and is the same as it ever was. Thanks for hosting and here is to your next year. Happy Anniversary. - V.

P.S. If anyone has been delaying removing anything for my blog, now is the time to get it as it will be a distant memory by the end of the day.

P.S. The answer to the most obvious next question from a few of you: Saturday Morning. (Wink, Wink) :)

Isbum said...

@ boynotorious - Thank you & best of luck with your new adventure!

Ruggo said...

@isbum & filmpac

A moment of panic this morning when I found myself locked out. Didn't realize at the time that it was a construction site. Wouldn't have done any good as there was no knot hole to look through.

Always felt there was no sense in fixing something that wasn't broken, but can see here that the continued application of class and thoughful planning supercedes that old adage.

A year with you guys has been a most rewarding experience and I shall look forward to the next with renewed enthusiasm.

deadman36g said...

Glad to see you guys back

Isbum said...

@ ALL -
This will be the permanent house for REQUESTS now.

If you are looking for something...

this is the place to ask. :)

deadman36g said...

Ok, I will get the ball going...

I am looking for

Candyman 1-3 scores
(I believe the user filmpac may have these)

Friday the 13th Special Edition Soundtrack
( I have the understanfind that either Parzival or Ghoulie may have these)

Thanks as always, and if I have something you need feel free to ask away.

mel said...

Heartiest congratulations on achieving an enjoyable and peaceful year.

May this wonderful community go from strength to strength and may all the shops prosper.

Cheers!

LoungeTracks said...

Happy Birthday Isbum! Here's wishing you & your associates very many more. Love what you've done with the place, are those new drapes too? You're living huge!

You know, a year in cyberspace is equal to 4 dog years + a couple cats, or so I'm told.
-LT
Zip Your Rip

Isbum said...

Longetracks, thanks man!
Also for reminding me,

THXjay did all the work on these amazing sign's!

I will be mailing checks to his volcano hideaway for the next ten years!

Ruggo said...

@Ben

Your comments regarding the use of panpipes in Picnic At hanging Rock (a masterpiece) reminded me how ethereal the instrument can sound.

Of course, Gheorghe Zamfir is the acknowledged master.

Can't think of anything more fitting than an album of Zamfir playing movie themes.

ZAMFIR: MUSIC FROM THE MOVIES
GHEORGHE ZAMFIR

http://rs273gc2.rapidshare.com/files/111772812/GHEORGHE_ZAMFIR_-_MUSIC_FROM_THE_MOVIES.rar

LoungeTracks said...

THXjay did all that signage!?! Sweet Jebus, the kid's goin' places!

filmpac said...

First off, let me say welcome one and all, to the new home of Franklynot film score requests!

Congratulations to Isbum for the first 12 months of being the host with the most. I am incredibly touched by his generous offer in allowing me to share the spotlight with him, here at the Filmscorium.

To all contributors over the past year, I say thank you, this place would not be here without you. And now, in the immortal words of Ed Sullivan, it's on with the shew...

@ deadman36g - The first two are from a disc known as "The Music Of Candyman", the third got its own score release. Enjoy...

Philip Glass "Candyman" (1992), @320:
http://rapidshare.com/files/111751008/PG-Candyman.zip

Philip Glass "Candyman 2" (1995), @320:
http://rapidshare.com/files/111751708/PG-Candyman2.zip

Adam Gorgoni "Candyman 3" (1999), @320:
http://rapidshare.com/files/111729381/AG-Candyman3.zip

Managed to get through that post without saying Candym... HIS name five times, so all is good;)

filmpac said...

@ gunshotwound - I can confirm that the link for Hotel Paradiso is still good, here it is again...

Laurence Rosenthal "Hotel Paradiso" (1966), @192:
http://rapidshare.com/files/58182527/LR-HotelParadiso.zip

Handy hint for everyone using Quinlan's excellent spreadsheet, copy and paste the entry in the link column to your browser, eezy peezy.

@ quinlan - Do not list.

deadman36g said...

thanks a ton filmpac

Fidel J. said...

Wow I thought I stumbled upon some Nirvana of Film Scores, Classic Tunes, even Classic-er tunes, and all kinds of stuff in between...turnd out I did...sweet! congrats on the 1 year, and looking forward to year 2... =)

--J.

tony said...

Just wanted to add my "thanks" and congratulations to our gracious hosts.

I hope I'll be able to contribute more in the coming months.

Cheers :)

quinlan said...

@ all
The April excel link list has just been published.
That makes an amazing total of 6866 links which have been posted by all of us throughout the past 12 months.
Let's try to break this record for the next 12 months which are looking extremely promising.
Good day to all.

Isbum said...

@ riddim1903 -
Thank you for the nice compliment!

I am re-posting it here so THXjay won't miss it. ;)

Wow you guys just never stop amazing me... The minute our blog starts looking more familiar, bham we go, you update things again..

Many thanks and sincere respects to you all with efforts!

quinlan said...

@ isbum
Today is May 1st.
I have at least two good reasons to bookmark and remember well this date.
The first and major one is that one year ago this blog started thanks to your gracious hospitality. And I won't let go this day without expressing my deepest gratitude to you for your availability and very receptive mind, and above all for your essential contribution to the creation of this great community of nice people and letting us meet (virtually) each other.
For all that, hats off and huge thanks.
Oh, you want to know the second little reason for me to remember this day.
Well, ages ago, I was born...
You want to know the year?
As far as I remember... it was in 1941.
If I believe what has been reported earlier here, that makes me N° 3 in terms of declared seniority right after ruggo and mel.
I quite liked and share with him what ruggo said about the age and being as old as one feels.
But I recently heard on TV a funny chap from Africa telling an african saying which perplexed me:
"The age doesn't make wise men, but makes only old men".
Funny isn't it?
Maybe not so…

quinlan said...

@ isbum
One esential thing I forgot to mention in my former comment.
The new layout is terrific.
Congratulations to you and THXjay.
Couldn't be any better.
Thank you, both of you!

filmpac said...

A quick word on this anniversary day, wasn't going to but I somehow feel I must.

This blog came about through troubled times. Those of us who've been around a while remember it all too well. Those of you who weren't around, consider yourselves lucky. Franklynot has grown to become much more than just a place to grab some free music, it has become a community of friends. Never forget that. I therefore humbly offer the following bouquets...

Isbum, for everything. I cannot even begin to express in words how I feel.

Nomwl1, for where it all began. I hope that one day you can put the past behind and return to that voodoo that you do... so well.

THXJay, for the amazing graphics and just for being an all-round top dude. Long may you reign as king of the spy genre.

Quinlan, for his continued support and hard work each and every month in compiling the monthly links list. A totally invaluable resource which still amazes me with what I missed.

Contributors, one and all. Plus anyone else I missed, and there are scores of scores of you (pun totally intended).

Lurkers and leechers, yes, even you. Without you our beloved links wouldn't stay alive as long as they do.

My sole brickbat goes to He Who Shall Not Be Named. Yes, you know who you are. Although in some ways maybe he deserves a bouqet too, since he is the reason we are here today.

Score on!

Ruggo said...

@filmpac

A M E N !

Ruggo said...

@quinlan

The African sage had it absolutely right: "The age doesn't make wise men, but makes only old men."

Wise men are made by the company they keep.

And we have all become somewhat wiser by nature of our meeting together in this wonderful, safe place.


Thanks again, Larry.

LMG said...

Wow, the site got rehashed and it looks great! Glad to see that Filmpac is getting the credit he/she? deserves. (Not that you're slacking, Isbum!)

Question: I've been using SendSpace Lite, not realizing (der!) that the hard-working Quinlan notes these links on the spreadsheet, so if a file hasn't been uploaded within a short period of time, it gets deleted. Would anyone recommend that I go ahead and get an account there or at RapidSh*t? (For the record, I hate those stupid cats ... )

Thank you in advance for your advice. -- LMG

P.S. -- Not sure if anyone's interested, but here's a promotional score from season 2 of the TV show "Buffy" by Christophe Beck.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/eoxh5f

Isbum said...

@ Quinlan - Happy Birthday you marvelous blessing to the planet!
(Impossible to find a card that says *that*, I bet) :)

@ Mel & All - Vocalist Shirley Horn
(1934) shares a Birthday with Quinlan.
Perhaps one of you has a special recording of hers to share with Quinlan?

mel said...

@ quinlan

Many happy returns of the day, pal, and may you see many more right here at franklynot.

@ isbum

That would have been a nice present but I'm afraid I don't have any Shirley Horn.

Perhaps someone else may have...

Ruggo said...

@img

I have an account with Rapidshare. Maybe because I do, they don't inflict any cats on me and I've never even seen what you are guys are referring to (and I use the account many times each day)

I've got my parameters set so that when I'm downloading from Rapidshare I just get the download box with my "run" "save" "cancel" options. Sometimes I have over 30 downloads going at one time with no problems. Uploading I use "rapiduploader." Which is an easy to use portable you can que up all your uploads and leave it alone to do its own thing.

When I need to retrieve a link, I go directly to my list with Rapidshare...still no pussy.

Also have An account with Megaupload which has the advantage of larger (100+ MB) files.

Hep-Hep Steff said...

Wow, the new version looks great, congrats! :)

So i still have a few requests:
James Horner - Willow complete score (2cd)
Ilan Eshkeri - Ring of the Nibelungs (aka The Dragon King), score only (there's a promo somewhere)
Howard Shore - the 3 LOTR expanded scores, dvd rip (here's the back covers)
http://filmmuziek.xs4all.nl/cd_covers/other/T-Z/FOTR%20Extended%20Back%20DA%20Des%20%2055.jpg
http://filmmuziek.xs4all.nl/cd_covers/other/T-Z/TTT%20Extended%20Back%20DA%20Des.jpg
http://filmmuziek.xs4all.nl/cd_covers/other/T-Z/ROTK%20Extended%20Back%20DA%20Des.jpg

And if by luck someone have the dvd of The Last Emperor and could rip the audio part, i'm desperatly searching for the complete score without succes. The official release (wich i've got since years) is far to be complete... The only way to have the CS is a dvd rip (wich means also sfx, but i honestly don't care) of it (music, source music and songs - includes the coronation one).
If anyone could do this, please... I'm not in a hurry....

Anonymous said...

Test!

[b]test[/b]
[u]test[/u]
[url]test[/url]

How do I post a URL hyper link?

Crap!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
THXjay said...

Thanks for all the kind words on my little contribution to our friendly hideaway :)

The truth is, Isbum caught me trying to steal secret Franklynot files and imprisoned me in a concrete bunker saying I couldn't come out until I had completely refurbished his lair :)

Well, I'm out (yipee!)

But I do get the feeling I'm being readied for another spell in "The Hole"......


Just to mirror Filmpac's comments and thank everyone for making this place such a wonderful destination.
Being one of the few folks from the very early nomwl1 days, I am surprised that these "virtual" friendships have lasted so long.

It's a shame that we couldn't all have got along together back at YDHTVTB still, that's the way it goes!

Without nomwl1 none of us would be here, maybe Frankly could honour him in some way!

Anyway, while I'm here (it's like the Oscars) I'll just re-thank all my favourite bloggers without whom I wouldn't be blogging :)

So, thanks:

nomwl1
Rocket From Mars
Quinlan
Isbum
Filmpac
Licorice Pizza
Loungetracks
Xtabay
(Geniuses all)
There's probably a few others that ran various blogs by various names as well, so thanks to those (Traitor Vic & Reza are two that spring to mind)

OK, that's it folks!
I don't speak up here as much as I should (usually because I'm beavering away behind the scenes for his Lordship :) but I'm always around ;)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Franklynot and may the wind be at your back (especially when taking a pee :)

THXjay said...

@Scoretooth,

Here is a "Hyperlink" to a page that shows you how to do it :)

Click here

It's easy when you know how ;)

THXjay said...

@Scoretooth,

It's the very first one at the top, just replace the RED and BLACK text with your own link/text.

Anonymous said...

WOW! The newly revamped site looks great!!! Way to go thxjay with all the new graphics!!! (Also, thanks for the help on how to hyperlink - which I was able to do down below - very cool!)

So...


@ everyone

Here is the soundtrack to "THE EXTRA," with score composed by ROGER MASON and conducted by Christopher Gordon. The 1st CD contains ROGER MASON's rubust and sometimes jazzy orchestral score. The 2nd CD is a song CD.


• THE EXTRA - score CD
http://sharebee.com/25063035

• THE EXTRA - song CD
http://sharebee.com/c538b092


I think that most of you will really enjoy Mason's work. His main theme is very reminiscent of something that Bernard Herrmann might have done, with a blending of Danny Elfman for good measure.

Here are my requests from a previous thread.

By Roger Mason
• AUSTRALIANS AT WAR
• SEPTEMBER

By François Tétaz
• ROGUE

Any help would appreciated.

Enjoy and wild on,

SToothy!

3410 said...

Happy birthday, and thanks to everyone - you know who you are! - who have made the last year such an education and such an enjoyment.

3410 said...

@J.,
Here is your...

REGGIE MOORE track:
[Q: DNL]
http://rapidshare.com/files/111966097/Reggie.rar.html


Sorry it took so bloody long, but hope this is close to what you were looking for.

Anonymous said...

Hapyy birthday frnaklynot

It's been a privalage konwing you lot, let's hope the fun continues.

laters

johntowner said...

Has anyone here picked up Varese's 30th Ann. yet? Is it any good? Hope to hear it soon!

Rocket From Mars said...

Happy May Day!

Workers Of The World Unite To Overthrow The Imperial Lackey--*

(ooops. sorry. wrong blog.)

isbum! CONGRATULATIONS BABY! This joint is hopping! and you're the one we have to thank for being the ringleader. (every Ratpack needs it's COB)

everyone else! it's been great getting to know and hang out with you cats---to more good times ahead.

a few personal asides---

thxjay! your skills just keep getting better and better. your work on franklynot is amazing! again---hats off!

quinlan! Happy Birthday and Thank You! for all the hard work you put into doing what you do.

'Til Next Time---

Be Good,

Rocket

Victor said...

Hello I'm looking for

Storia Milanese John Lewis
Point De Chute André Hossein

Thanks for your help

quinlan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
quinlan said...

@ riddim1903
On April 22, you requested as much Johnny Mercer recordings you can get your hands on..
Here are a few of them thanks to the generous souls who originally accepted to share them.

Johnny Mercer Sings The Songs Of Johnny Mercer:
http://rapidshare.com/files/112000762/JohnnyMercerSingsTheSongsOfJohnnyMercer.rar

Sweet Georgia Brown:
http://rapidshare.com/files/112003302/JMSweetGeorgiaBrown.rar

Johnny Mercer Selection_CD 1
http://rapidshare.com/files/112006643/JMMosaicSelectCD_1_Part_1.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/112009283/JMMosaicSelectCD_1_Part2.rar

Johnny Mercer Selection_CD 2
http://rapidshare.com/files/112013111/JMMosaicSelectCD_2_Part1.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/112016177/JMMosaicSelectCD_2_Part2.rar

Johnny Mercer Selection_CD 3
http://rapidshare.com/files/112019975/JMMosaicSelectCD_3_Part1.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/112023265/JMMosaicSelectCD_3_Part2.rar

Enjoy

quinlan said...

@ all
Thank you for your best anniversary wishes, and thank you isbum for your offer of a Shirley Horn's album (I ignored she was born also on a May 1st).
Only the intention counts...
I must say that I already have many albums of her downloaded from here and there but they are on the external drive I'm currently having problems with.
It's a 500 Gb Western Digital external drive where I had all my jazz mp3 downloads (probably 3000 to 4000 albums).
I think (I hope) that the files are still on the drive but I have problems to "see" it from my computer since last week end.
Hopefully I'll be able to transfer the whole thing to another ED (I have four of them).
In the meantime I keep my fingers crossed...

riddim1903 said...

@the founding musicfathers of frankly"town" :))

You guys are just so cool (this word used with permission from my son)and generous, it's sincerely hard to put in words...

Imagine for a moment... Most of us can't even hold our commitments to our families, friends or jobs with the same dedication and warmth as you guys continue to display here day in day out, week in week out and of course finally year in and "YEAR OUT".

Happy Birthday and happy new "Franklyear"!

riddim1903 said...

@quinlan your'e da maaannn! Thanks a lot for the J. Mercers... :))

Between you and great Mel, now I have tons of Johnny Mercer.

Have a great weekend !

Thanks for all the great links, too.

riddim1903 said...

REQUEST, Please....

Anyone have or care to share here or privately these..?

GEORGES DELERUE:

- The Pumpkin Eater (1964)
- Women In Love (1969)
- The Day of the Jackal (1973)
- Richard’s Things (1980)
- Partners (1982)
- Mister Johnson (1990)

and APPOINTMENT by John Barry

Thanks in advance

bistis6 said...

Congratulations to our fearless leader, Isbum, for affording us a place to visit and call home, and to all of us here for keeping this place generous, friendly, and safe for the past year.

Ruggo said...

@quinlan

Had a similar problem with my external hard drives last week. I couldn't get the computer to recognize any of the three.

I've had them plugged into a 4-port hub, which in turn allows me to use only one USB port for them all.

Turns out the USB port had gone bad. Nothing I plugged into it was recognized. Simply used another available port and no problem!

Isbum said...

@ All -
I have a major case of the
"warm & fuzzy's". Thank you! :)

VonCheech said...

Whoo Hoo !

Thank you Isbum, Filmpac and all the other great members i have met here...

Here is to a another great year !

p.s

I love the front page !

filmpac said...

@ scoretooth - Looking forward to your Roger Mason, not a whole lot of him about. This is the only one I have, score to a television documentary series, which strangely I have never seen...

Roger Mason "Australians At War" (2001), @192:
http://rapidshare.com/files/112094310/RM-AustraliansAtWar_Part1.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/112103692/RM-AustraliansAtWar_Part2.zip

@ ruggo - Thanks for the Zamfir movie collection, wonderful easy listening for a Saturday morning. Rather surprised the theme from Picnic At Hanging Rock wasn't included, it was even something of a radio hit down under.

@ loungetracks - Love your pad, some oh so sexy album covers decorating the walls. Filmpac is a sucker for Beatles covers, always a joy to grab a new album. Thanks!

@ quinlan - Likewise a belated happy birthday to you, and add my thanks for the Johnny Mercers:))

Fidel J. said...

@3410

Thanks for working on that track, I really do appreciate it. =)

--J.

Anonymous said...

@ filmpac

Much thanks for the Roger Mason soundtrack, ASSSIE'S AT WAR. Very cool, my man! Mason is a great composer and one that we should be hearing a lot more about in the coming years. If anyone's interested in learning more about this versatile composer, here's a link to his site http://roger-mason.com/ where he also has a good bout of samples to listen to.

I have two of his IMAX scores (thus, unreleased) that are pretty impressive, AFRICA'S ELEPHANT KINGDOM and EQUUS. Let me know if anyone is interested and I'll load 'em up.

Thanks again and wild on!

SToothy

Victor said...

Hello

I'm still looking for these titles

1.Afyon Oppio Guido and Maurizio De Angelis

2.Sea For Yourself, A Dennis Dragon

3.Winter Equinox Dennis Dragon

4.Olympic Games 1976 Andre Mathieu

5.Marcia Trionfale Nicola Piovani

6.Selma Album, Tommy Butler

7.Vai Col Liscio Sante Maria Romitelli

8.Brutti, Sporchi e Cattivi Armando Trovaioli

9.L.T.G. EXCHANGE susie heartbreaker

10.Hit 'Em Hard Bobby Davis Orch.

11.Candy Tangerine Man Smoke

12.Watermelon Man Melvin Van Peebles

13.Patty The Rimshots

14.Celeste Guy Pedersen

15.Family Lena-Maria & Sweet Wine

16.Last Sweet Days Of Isaac, The Nancy Ford

17.Sammy(Tv Special) Sammy Davis Jnr

18.Alex North Somebody killed her husband

19.Benjamin Gary Wright

20.Storia Milanese John Lewis

21.Point De Chute André Hossein

Huge Thanks for your help

wayfarer said...

Although I've posted a couple of items, I'll be honest and say that I'm more of a leecher. Mainly because you buggers are quicker at uploading lol!

I want to say a big thank you to Isbum and the many contributors on this site that have put a big smile on my face over the year :O)

Carrasco said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrasco said...

Congrats on your birthday, isbum. Never thought this blog would last that long. Truly amazing.

Last year in August, janus2810 posted Michael Melvoin's Ashanti, but the link is dead now. Would anybody be so kind and post again?

And I am still searching for Bebu Silvetti's Day of the Assasssin, but meanwhile I have abandoned any hope to find it.

Other requests:

Morituri (Jerry Goldsmith)

L'Alambic/LesAmis (François de Roubaix)

The link to the 45 rpm, once posted here, is dead now, unfortunately. The tracks were also released on Le Plus Belles Musiques de François De Roubaix, vol. 2, a CD that has remained elusive for years.

Isbum said...

Christopher Palmer presents

"The Film Music of Dimitri Tiomkin"
1985 Lp @320
Performed by Royal College of Music
Orchestra
Conducted by Sir David Willocks

*in 2 parts*

http://rapidshare.com/files/112331212/DT_TheFilmMusicOfDimitriTiomkin_sideone.zip

http://rapidshare.com/files/112336596/DT_TheFilmMusicOfDimitriTiomkin_sidetwo.zip

EnJoy!

Sallie Neal said...

Wow- what a great new place to be. A hearty congrats to Isbum and Filmpac.

Honored General said...

@ isbum, and all of you,

I toast to all of you!

Many, many thanks, to all of you, for the friendship and kindness that all of you have shown here.

from the bottom of my heart, many thanks.

Honored General

filmpac said...

@ voncheech & isbum - And to all 70s crime & giallo fans! Took a while to track them down, but The Giallos Flame are here, a band that plays homage to classic 70s Italian Horror, Giallo and Poliziotteschi soundtracks.

Giallos Flame "The Giallos Flame" (2005), @256:
http://rapidshare.com/files/112342886/GF-GiallosFlame.zip

Giallos Flame "Violent Professionals" (2007), @VBR:
http://rapidshare.com/files/112340638/GF-ViolentProfessionals.zip

Movie Grooves had this to say...

If you love the music of Fabio Frizzi, Franco Micallizi or any of those great Italian soundtrack composers that created the music to accompany Fulci's gore flicks or Enzo G. Castellari's Poliziotteschi movies then you'll absolutely love this! Listening to this great CD evokes images of lumbering zombies, tough Italian cops (with great shirts), black gloved killers strangling beautiful women, violent cannibal rituals and fast car chases through Milian - although not all in the same movie... though, come to think of it, that would be pretty cool to see. The Giallos Flame have got that 70s Italian exploitiation movie sound down to a tee and we bloody love it!

Yep, that's their first two albums up there, but ssssh, don't tell Isbum the second one's newish;)

lonestarr357 said...

Would anyone happen to have STREET KINGS (Graeme Revell)?

Isbum said...

@ filmpac -
Just try and make me stop you! ;)

Freak for crime that I am!

Fantastic share mate!

filmpac said...

Blog alert! They don't come any rarer than this folks. A Japanese pressing of some sort...

Jackie Chan "Cannonball Run II: Jackie Chan Deluxe" (1983), LP @320:
http://ylow.blogspot.com/2007/05/cannonball-run-ii-jackie-chan-deluxe.html

I scored it yesterday off an online pal, now I know where he scored it from. Was gonna share it here, but no need now, you can go straight to the source.

@ isbum - Hehehe, thought you'd get a kick out of it. Working on finishing a live Giallos Flame EP as we speak, that'll be a bonus tomorrow I suspect.

Isbum said...

REQUEST:

Candido "Drum Fever" 1973

Reason is that I have Candido's
"Conga Soul" on the turntable ripping now, and it's SCHIF-tastic! Yep, Lalo co-wrote 6 pieces and tickles the ivory's on all of it.

Much thanks for any help locating "Drum Fever"!

deadman36g said...

Off topic, but does someone know how I can contact Parzival, (e-mail or IM)

Isbum said...

This record hit my turntable in '85 and didn't stray too far for months.
Only soundtrack connection is Wally Badarou (paying attention ATTAX) and Isbum still wants his score to "Countryman".

"Language Barrier" 1985 Cd @320
by Sly and Robbie

http://rapidshare.com/files/112401792/SlyAndRobbie_LanguageBarrier.zip

Hard and very funky, featured players Herbie Hancock, Wally Badarou, Manu Dibango and
Bob Dylan. ?

Jazz track Miles (Black Satin)
sort of tribute to Miles Davis

EnjOy!

Isbum said...

@ filmpac - Giallo Flames very good between my ears! Thanks killer!

Honored General said...

@ isbum -

Thank You for that wonderful Saturday night special share!

Very Nice!

Thanks again!

Honored General

Honored General said...

@ All-

Does anyone have the boot of Gil Mille's "The Last Chase" ?

This would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You in advance.

Honored General

quinlan said...

@ isbum
Your request for Candido's "Drum Fever".
Unfortunately I don't have this one.
This what I have of him:
"Beautiful"
"Brujerias De Candido"
"Candido e Graciela Inolvidable"
"In Indigo"
Should you wish to have anyone of them, just ask!
On the other hand, you may notice that I don't have "Conga Soul"... You understand what I mean.
Thank you!

quinlan said...

Requests:
OST - Together? (Amo No Amo) (1979)
Music by Goblin - Burt Bacharach, conductor & Orchestrator (US Version)

OST - Arthur 2: On The Rocks (1988)

OST TV - Burt Bacharach: One Amazing Night (1998)

Broadway First Take - Volume 2 (2000)
Music from Promises, Promises (Burt Bacharach) - Flower Drum Song (Richard Rodgers) - La Cage Aux Folles (Jerry Herman)

Anyone of these albums would tremendously appreciated
Thank you

Isbum said...

@ quinlan - Thank you for checking your files for "Drum Fever".
I will note "C.Soul" to you very soon.
My bet would be on Reza for having it, perhaps I should drop him a line.

I was looking at a copy of "Together?" just a day ago. Very curious but the price out of my range. Playing the lottery. ;)

riddim1903 said...

@quinlan

on April 20, @Mel & Sallie's place I had posted your request (FLOWER DRUM SONG) already.ESP, telepathy..????

I am copy/pasting that entire msg here to you. Enjoy... :)
............................
I hope that I am not duplicating these, but here are two pieces...

THE FIRST from Mel Brooks, the Producers (Orig. Broaddway Cast) Covers, Tracklist included @320 kbps.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7hhcqh


THE SECOND is from the grat duo of Rodgers&Hammerstein (1958 Original Stage Cast, directed by Gene Kelly) booklet, covers all incl. @ 320kbps.

FLOWER DRUM SONG

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ps2nrq

bistis6 said...

@ honoredgeneral

I have THE LAST CHASE boot, but I'm on vacation and won't be home until the 17th of May. Unless someone else can upload it, I'll do it then. If I forget, please remind me.

filmpac said...

Continues to amaze how some scores never got any official release. Mild-mannered cartoonist by day, CONDORMAN by night, Frank Spencer of Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em takes to the skies. This is a straight movie rip, so contains some dialogue and SFX (althought not too much). Thanks to the unknown ripper for this gem...

Henry Mancini "Condorman" (1981), bootleg @128:
http://rapidshare.com/files/112386157/HM-Condorman.zip

WARNING: The theme tune will get under your skin!

VonCheech said...

a jazzy version of ...

Little Lulu
by Bill Evans

http://rapidshare.com/files/112559478/01_Little_Lulu.mp3

from the album:

Further Conversations with Myself

and for three more alternative versions...

http://flaclossless.blogspot.com/2008/02/bill-evans-trio-64-1964.html

GoblinScore said...

@honored general

since no one beat me to it, bootie of Last Chase coming up....

@quinlan & isbum - congrats on a year and for your wonderful blog! You are some of the nicest blokes in cyberland, thanks for keeping it that way :)
Amo Non Amo coming up, one of my top fave Goblin records, very unlike them in parts....and MUCHO gracias to Filmpac for Giallos Flame, had never heard of them, can't wait to check it out! You should look into the recent prog duo ZOMBI, they have two really good albums out as well....

GoblinScore said...

Ps....anyone know where to find HALLOWEEN 5 (Alan Howarth)? Having trouble digging it up :(

eda-88 said...

Isbum & all this blog's real men, Happy Birthday of Blog!

Great year of place!

eda-88 said...

Thanks very very very much to H2O for uploading in prev. month Duello nel Texas! Just was problem with blogcomments he gave not to me leave comments...

Thank you!

eda-88 said...

Guys, can somebody help to find Vladimir Cosma L`etudiante ?

Would really like to listen to "L`etudiante"...

Anonymous said...

Just posted over at my blog...

MC 267 Willard Alex North (1971)
http://www.mediafire.com/?uacum9kmpn4

MC 272 Night School Brad Fiedel (1981)
http://www.mediafire.com/?iqwrzqj0nna

MC 273 Bobbie Jo and the Outlaw Barry De Vorzon (1976)
http://www.mediafire.com/?zxj3bx5yy2v

MC 274 The Man Who Knew Too Much Bernard Herrmann (1956)
http://www.mediafire.com/?mbj29wxpiju

Southland Tales (2CD Bootleg Soundtrack)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q2NQEUWW

..and more.

I will be leaving my blog open to the publice for the next week. If anyone would like to become a regular subscriber to my private blog. Just leave your email address and screen name in the comment area on the opening screen.

VonCheech said...

Thank You Master !

GoblinScore said...

THE LAST CHASE - GIL MELLE
http://rapidshare.com/files/112618674/LstMelle1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/112620162/LstMelle2.rar

320 RIP (track 4 is 23 1/2 mins., beware!) with my cheeseball covers, can't recall the original source, but it's a bit hissy.

AMO NON AMO - GOBLIN
http://rapidshare.com/files/112624021/AmoGob.rar

As above - I don't think Bacharach's US version was ever released on album. The Goblin is really nice, unexpected stuff from the band, only a couple of moderate funk tracks (sorry Isbum! :) ).

noxtatia said...

Hi All-

My father is 80 and is looking for One Million B.C (1940) by Werner R Heymann. It was his favorite film as a kid, so if anyone has it, Id really appreciate it (and so would he)!

And I'm looking for "Hellnight" (1981). The title song in particular. The singer is Leza Miller, but the score is Dan Wyman.

Thanks Alot!

--mcc said...

Isbum --
Thanks very much for LE SAMOURAI...
Great score! And happy anniversary!

--mcc

VonCheech said...

@filmpac

thanks for the point to that blog.
lots of jackie chan...

http://ylow.blogspot.com/search?q=jackie+chan

found this too..

Enter The Dragon OST
this is the rare Japanese 2LP version ..

http://ylow.blogspot.com/2007/07/enter-dragon-ost.html

;)

VonCheech said...

@filmpac

wow !
you found it ! you rule, as always !

Giallos Flame was used as the soundtrack for
http://www.hobowithashotgun.com/

looking forward to that live album...

wayfarer said...

Thanks to Master Cylinder for Southland Tales! :O)

Isbum said...

Yes folks, we are on for another project. From bongo's to kettle drums, we want music from scores that get you crazy with the BEAT!

Pick tracks that raise your pulse and match the action on screen perfectly!

With your submissions we can put together a Cd to kick-off your summer in high gear!

For submissions to the May Project click on the exploding helicopter on the Main Page.

Submit to the beat today!

deadman36g said...

Hmmm, one that I that has always got my pulse going (although not entirely sure it is what you are looking for) is the theme for Rocky (especially enjoyed it when I saw Rocky Balboa at the theater)


Look forward to this great project.

Isbum said...

@ All - Please pick something driven by a good strong beat that you like.

As people who have a lot of movie soundtracks to choose from let's avoid the obvious if we can.

My hope for all of the projects is that the listener discovers pieces of music they've never heard before.

Haven't we all heard something on a compilation and said
"Wow! What's that from?"
Discovering something new.

Ruggo said...

If you're familiar with Enescu's two Romanian Rhapsodies, you're in for a big treat.

Just posted over in Chimezatmidnight's Classical Music Hall:

GEORGE ENESCU
COMPLETE ORCHESTRAL WORKS

6 CD Set MP3 @320kps

Isbum said...

@ Quinlan - Here it is!

"Conga Soul" 1962 Lp @320
by Candido & Lalo Schifrin

http://rapidshare.com/files/112826727/LSwithCandido_CongaSoul.zip

EnJoY!

filmpac said...

@ paskalya - Man alive, that's a tough wishlist you got there. I did track down this one, but I am really not sure what to make of it. Got a touch of boogie, charleston, all different styles. Can't even begin to imagine what the movie is about, a dance contest maybe...

Sante Maria Romitelli "Vai Col Liscio" (1976), LP @256:
http://rapidshare.com/files/112629280/SMR-VaiColLiscio.zip

Isbum said...

Their isn't a shop for this one.

It's not a soundtrack, of course, but the reviews noted a cinematic feel to their debut Ep.
Lead vocalist, Stan Ridgeway, was featured on the soundtrack to
"Rumble Fish".

"Wall of Voodoo" 1980 Ep @320
by Wall of Voodoo"

http://rapidshare.com/files/112805441/WallOfVoodoo_Ep.zip

EnJoY!

Isbum said...

@ manucosma and Boller's,

"Bolling Plays Ellington" Lp @320
by Claude Bolling

http://rapidshare.com/files/112876415/CB_BollingPlaysEllington.zip

Enjoy!

H2O said...

@ isbum and filmpac

Happy birthday, and many many thanks to you.
If you have anything you want me to do, I'll see what I can do.

and thank to all contributers too.
You're all terrific !

Christine Cougar said...

Anybody up for a challenge?
I have a couple of requests that may be next to impossible to fulfill. The first is the original commercial release of the score to "Love At First Bite". I don't think there was ever a CD release of this, but I don't know. The second is really difficult. I'm looking for a musical track from the second "V" mini-series. The sceane was a dream sequence of Marc Singer running down one of the hallways of the visitor ship in slow motion, and the music is an extended version of the main title theme. This would have to be a DVD rip of course, and I would do it myself except that none of the rental stores within 50 miles of my home have the 'second' mini-series......only the first. Any takers on these?

Isbum said...

@ Christine Cougar - A Lp rip of
"Love at First Bite" has been coughed-up on several blogs. I'm sure it can be pumped out of someone's hard drive for you. ;)

Me no bite. Sorry.

Here's a brand new rip.

"For Love of Ivy" 1968 Lp @320
by Quincy Jones

http://rapidshare.com/files/112906079/QJ_ForLoveOfIvy.zip

@ Quinlan - Better late than not at all, the End Title vocal "For Love of Ivy" is performed by
Shirley Horn. :)

EnJoY!

THXjay said...

@Mel & Library Collector's,

Here is another of the library albums I picked up the other week :)

becuase I didn't have a chance to scan the covers before, I've included the covers for the previous albums in this file (as well as links to the albums for anyone who missed them)

This is from the Carlin Production Music Library.

Music For The Movies 1

Enjoy!

THXjay said...

@Isbum,

Not sure if you're interested but I came across this blog sharing some Paul Williams, I think I've heard you mention him so I presume you like him!

Vinyl Shipwrecked

If not, never mind there's other stuff there to mooch through :)

Isbum said...

@ THXjay - Now you can cue the Twilight Zone music for me! I just watched "Phantom of the Paradise" last night!!

Coincidence?? Or we've just been spending too much time "trying" to read each others minds?

Madman said...

I´m soft when a lady asks for something, especially if it is a challenge ;) so here is my own compilation of Love at first Bite
taken from the original LP with 3 Bonus tracks I added...
I might fix the V track to later from my DVD...

http://www.shareonall.com/Bite_rbuq_rar.htm

n´joy
Starman1975

wayfarer said...

For Christine Cougar: A DVDRip of the prologue of V: The Final Battle:
http://rapidshare.com/files/113027447/V_Final_Battle_-_The_Dream.mp3

be warned though, the SFX is quite loud in the mix, over the music :O(

I hope it works for you.

Isbum said...

@ madman and wayfarer - The Cougar is going to be purring when she sees your posts.
Thank you gents for being such generous "playa's". ;)

wayfarer said...

It's unusual for me to find something that i can upload for someone. I'm glad that I could help this time. :O)

Isbum said...

@ wayfarer - I hear that sentiment quite often round these parts.
Honestly didn't think anybody could help her with that request.
(insert look of surprise here) :o

@ madstarman - "Love at First Bite" is vooondebah! Made me check on Charles Bernstein's web site.
On it he states that a version of his score to "White Lightening" is available in some format other than legitimate (I guess).

Sure would be great to track that one down, someone here has requested it several times and it always grabs my attention.

wayfarer said...

If there are any Trancers fans out there, I am trying to get hold of some Trancers 6 cues from the composer. So, watch this space.

Wether that will include the excellent title track redone for the T6 movie, I can't say. Otherwise I'll settle for my DVDrip of the T6 title track.

Isbum said...

@ the jazzer's -
Our friend Reza has dropped by Quinlan's Jazz Speakeasy and laid down a stack of records for your listening pleasure.

Isbum said...

For any of you that are curious about the complete score release of "Twilight of Honor" (and I am!)
here's a re-up of the Lp rip I did.

"Twilight of Honor" 1963 Lp @320
by Johnny Green

http://rapidshare.com/files/113069609/GreensTwilight.zip

This is a wonderful release!
Support filmscoremonthly!

EnjoY!

quinlan said...

@ riddim1903
Thank you very much for your kind attention in offering "Flower Drum Song".
Although it is not exactly what I was looking for; if you look at my request you'll see that it was Burt Bacharach oriented. In fact I was looking for an album called "Broadway First Take - Volume 2" with music from Promises, Promises (Burt Bacharach) and also Flower Drum Song (Richard Rodgers)and La Cage Aux Folles (Jerry Herman).
However I'd like to reiterate that your offer was very very much appreciated.

quinlan said...

@ goblinscore
My deepest gratitude for "Amo Non Amo".
Great stuff indeed.
Thank you

quinlan said...

@ isbum
Many many thanks for "Conga Soul", "For Love Of Ivy" and the Bolling as well.
All three are fantastic

Christine Cougar said...

@ madman
I really didn't believe anyone could do it, but you did!!! I have two copies of Love At First Bite on LP and a cassette, and all of them are worn out. You don't know how happy this makes me!! I can't wait to hear the extras!

@ wayfarer
If the track is muddled, so be it. So long as I have the music for reference, and with alot of work and a little luck, I might just be able to re-create the song in my MTV Music Generator. You guys are absolutely out of this world!!!

Christine Cougar said...

@ wayfarer

You are right about the sfx in the V piece, but it would be of little consequence if the music were as I remembered it. The drum part comes through well, but the melody is only barely there. I guess my memory has failed me after all these years. Perhaps a recording of the main title and or end title would be better?

filmpac said...

For all those digging those Giallos Flame albums, here's a wee short 6-track EP...

Giallos Flame "Live From Dunwich" (2007), EP @320:
http://rapidshare.com/files/112882538/GF-LiveFromDunwich.zip

3410 said...

Nice one, Filmpac. So many recognisable motifs in those records. Very Frizziesque.

VonCheech said...

@filmpac

thank you for the live album too !

@THXjay

thank you for the point.
found this there....

Meco Ewok Celebration

http://vinyl-shipwreck.blogspot.com/2008/03/meco-ewok-celebration-1983.html

wayfarer said...

@Christine

The Final Battle Main and End Titles. The End titles don't deviate too much, and end abruptly. I ripped these using Super Audio Recorder, so it's a click activated thing, not too sophisticated ;o)

http://rapidshare.com/files/113266187/V_Final_Battle_Main_titles.mp3

http://rapidshare.com/files/113266781/V_Final_Battle_End_Titles.mp3

Christine Cougar said...

@ madman

Love At First Bite is great!! Thanks so much for the little DVD extras.....I'm really enjoying those!

Christine Cougar said...

@ wayfarer

The main title sequence is perfect. It gives me what I need to try and re-create the piece in one of my music programs. I have always loved the simple savagery of that music, and now maybe I can re-make it in my own image! Thankyou so much.....you're a peach!

wayfarer said...

A pleasure, Christine! I like the Final Battle score over the McCarthy stuff but can see why the producers changed the music. There wasn't enough light and shade in it.

For V fans I recommend the Kennth Johnson book; The Second Generation. It's very good but sequels the first mini-series, not the Final Battle and subsequent ongoing series.

filmpac said...

I always try to share the full album containing my selection for the monthly project. Suspect this might be a promo, 18-tracks (untitled) of pulsating trucker mayhem...

George S. Clinton "Black Dog" (1998), @256:
http://rapidshare.com/files/113166969/GSC-BlackDog.zip

@ thxjay - Thanks for the point to Vinyl Shipwrecked, grabbed more than a couple off there, including a Peter Sarstedt album I've been after for yonks. Plus Wonder Woman sings... cool!

@ isbum - Wasn't aware Twilight Of Honor had a FSM release, thanks for the re-up of the LP release, just realized mine was a bit ordinary. Cheers!

Request:
"Black Dog" (1998)
11-track song soundtrack

3410 said...

@ Lalo fans

Found here (@ 320) is another version of "Enter The Dragon"; Very nicely done isolated score rip from DVD with some cues that are not available on either the standard or expanded OSTs. (26 tracks / 59 min.).

THXjay said...

@3410,

Nice spot on that Enter The Dragon.
One of my favourites :)

Isbum said...

@ filmpac - Thanks for re-upping the "Black Dog" complete promo!
mr.t got a listen to your submitted track and wrote me asking for it.

Saved me some time. Good Boy! ;)

BOYNOTORIOUS said...

Quickly:

RE: THAT REPEATING QUESTION TO MY E-MAIL:

I meant this Saturday Morning. Sorry for not being more specific.

Request:

Anyone have the Hines/Crystal 1986 RUNNING SCARED OST? Looking for the Soundtrack as my CD appears to have been attacked by some kind of Slime Monster & or overly enthusiastic Porn Star. With my friends it honestly could have gone to the big bye-bye either way. The end result is of course the same: No more SWEET FREEDOM for me. :( Any help would be greatly appreciated as always. :)

Anonymous said...

I think i love this site more than I should. Mainly thanks to the Baby post (thanks to th OPs btw.) Was flabbergasted it sold out so quick. Anyway, my first request is for a re-up of The Black Cauldron 2cd Sessions. I was able to dload the 320kbps version of Disc 2, but the links for Disc 1 I have found are dead.

@deadman36g:

I have Candyman 1. Have never uploaded before so give me a bit to work on that. Upload bandwidth is crap for me so it may take some time. Be patient with me...unless someone else can get to it faster.

deadman36g said...

ost1520,

I thank you for the offer, but filmpac has already taken care of the candyman scores for me. The only thing left on my wish list (as of now) is

Friday the 13th Special Edition, I think that a user here names Parzival either has this or knows where I can get it, but I do no think he has been active in a while.

Anonymous said...

@filmpac & deadman36g:

I missed the post made with the rips of "The Music of Candyman." I have "A Limited Archival Pressing." Can't remember where I got the CD from, but it has 22 untitled tracks and runs 66:19.

Isbum said...

@ ALL (who are curious)

Here is our Comedy Project as it stands naked for you to have a listen to. Please consider it as a whole listening experience before remarking on tracks you wish weren't on it.
As you know, I leave the selections to those who participate and try my best to include as many of them as I can.

Be forewarned, I did accept vocal tracks this go-round. The difficulty level of finding just the right moment for someone to burst into song is unbelievably high.
I won't be doing that again...ever.
(add sound of hysterical laughter)

Current title may change:

"Amusing Film Music"
Various Artists

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3V0YD3VE

Comments welcome - covers needed

EnjoY!

3410 said...

@ THXJay,

Regarding ETD, You've got the expanded version, right? (17 tracks / 56 min., 1998)

Isbum said...

@ boynotorious - I have deleted the remark about your thing.

Sorry for the slip-up.

BOYNOTORIOUS said...

@ Isbum

Jesus Ti*** Fu***** Christ. Your killing me. Your like Alfred leading Vicky Vale into the Batcave. Honestly man, is nothing sacred? :)

LMG said...

@Boynotorious: Hi, please find link to "Running Scared" at 320 --

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xifcna

Hope you enjoy. Best, LMG

@Quinlan: Please do not post, thanks.

Isbum said...

@ batnotorious -

Now I know how Shia LaBeouf feels.

When you need publicity, I'll be right here. ;)

GoblinScore said...

@quinlan - you are more than welcome for that Goblin record - is good, no? I sure love it :)

@filmpac - many thanks for introducing me to Giallos Flame! I love it! Will be posting kudos on mrs.Goblin's blog/site/myspace thingy this month.

Isbum said...

@ Quinlan & Bacharach fans

"One Amazing Night" 1998 Cd @320
Various Artists

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YJWRZW6L

featuring:
All Saints
Barenaked Ladies
Ben Folds Five
Elvis Costello
Sheryl Crow
George Duke
Chrissie Hynde
Mike Myers
David Sanborn
Luther Vandross
Wynonna
and the muse, Dionne Warwick

EnJoY!

THXjay said...

@Isbum,

Re Enter The Dragon:
Yep, I have the extended version. I posted it over in the Asian store a while back along with the Japanese CD release of the original LP.

3410 said...

That was me, THXJay. I should've known better than to ask ;)

THXjay said...

Sorry 3410,

I saw Isbums avatar just below and the brain took over :)

Nuno Machado said...

@ Carrasco
Here is Morituri:
http://sharebee.com/2aea3574

3410 said...

Not at all, my friend. Just clarifying.

omega said...

Alternative titles for the comedy project:

Music to laugh at
Music while you laugh
The funny side of film music
Smiling scores
Comedian Harmonists
Comedians and Composers
Smile, Composer, Smile

Rocket From Mars said...

Hi Everybody---

Just thought I'd pop in and drop off an album folks might be interested in---as a sort of anniversary present. (I'm not sure wether its been posted before but here it is anyway)

Lalo Schifrin TOWERING TOCATTA
http://s1.massmirror.com/3be4cd7aa1261b9b710a47b17bb7d7b9.html

Lp rip@320 of some pretty funky/disco/jazz movie stuff from 1977---need i say more?

Here's hoping everyone is doing super!

Rocket

filmpac said...

Shared by request, turns out to be the wrong one so you cats can reap the benefit. Note this is the 12-track Screen Trax 1997 version, includes two previously unreleased suites totalling some 25 minutes. Enjoy...

Maurice Jarre "The Damned" (1969), @224:
http://rapidshare.com/files/113442173/MJ-TheDamned.zip

BOYNOTORIOUS said...

@ Isbum

This isn't exactly the type of situation that requires publicity.

@ LMG

Thanks. I owe you one.

Isbum said...

@ boynotorious - Good then.
I won't say another word on the matter.

Isbum said...

ReQUEST:

Does anyone have Nicola Piovani's score for Fellini's "Ginger & Fred"?

I have the Lp and it's not in very good condition.

Thanks in advance!

GSW said...

@isbum - Glad to see the blog open again and everything looks great. I have enjoyed my short time here and look forward to much much more.

Anonymous said...

Anyone have a link to Love At First Bite? I see a lot of mention, but no links.

Pleeeeeeaaaazzzzeeee?

Isbum said...

@ big cheese -

FROM MAdMaN:
Here is my own compilation of Love at first Bite
taken from the original LP with 3 Bonus tracks I added...

"Love at First Bite"
by Charles Bernstein

http://www.shareonall.com/Bite_rbuq_rar.htm

filmpac said...

@ big cheeze - I see that you have now found your way to the hallowed grounds of the Filmscorium. You might need to clear it first with the original poster (madman) of "Love At First Bite", if you desire to share it with your stinky readers at The Cheeze Factory. In the meantime, good timing, I have just this moment uploaded a big cheeze request fill for yourself, and all our Franklynutters...

Various Artists Soundtrack "D.C. Cab" (1983), LP @320:
http://rapidshare.com/files/113578576/OST-DCCab.zip

WARNING: Dangerously cheezy 80s badness!

GSW said...

@All - Check out this profile of a friend of mine. He uses this account to specifically share music files. Quite a few of the titles are single tracks, but there are others that are complete.
http://www.imdb.com/user/ur17268287/boards/profile/

You guys enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the DC Cab.

I've been collecting soundtracks for about 10 years and have quite a few of them, but always looking for more.

Have never seen Love At First Bite, nor Fright Night, want them both.

Of course, I ALWAYS ask prior to posting any links as it's simple the civilized thing to do.

Still, who is the original poster and where is the link? Either I've completely missed it or it's not there.

Isbum said...

@ big cheese

Check this date and time for
Love at First Bite

Above you on this date & time

May 8, 2008 6:26 PM

filmpac said...

@ big cheeze - Get that gorgonzola outta yer eyes! Isbum re-hooked you up with the link in the post above mine. And the original poster is madman (aka Starman1975).

Fright Night be lurking somewhere around here too methinks. If not I can re-up it, but no doubt someone will point a link out.

Isbum said...

@ filmpac - I told you that wink wasn't a wink at all. Big Cheese needs bifocals. ;)

Anonymous said...

Man! It's tough when the eyepieces of yer gasmask get clouded with stink fumes!

I simply just keep some wipes handy!

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

The Cheeze Factory got over a thousand hits in the last 12 hours.

That last batch of stink must have been potent!

Either that or they've mistaken me for a prono site, eh, what?

Soundtrack Reader said...

@ filmpac

thanks again.

i the DC Cab.

funny enough, i have been downloading the movie for the last few days. i have not seen it since it came out...
i am in for a double treat now.

GoblinScore said...

@filmpac - goody goody, thanks so much for DC CAB! I asked for this awhile back to no avail - my bad 80's soundtrack catalogue is now almost complete! Muahahaha!

3410 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
3410 said...

@ THXJay, and fellow Lalologists,

I've nutted out a tracklist for the DVD version of "Enter The Dragon", based on the other editions. Tracks (or parts thereof) designated "Sequence" indicate unreleased cues.

"Enter The Dragon" DVD isolated score, aka "Complete Score":

01. Prologue - The First Fight
02. Enter The Dragon - Main Titles
03. Su Lin (The Monk) & Sequence 3
04. Sampans and Flashbacks (Pt. 1)
05. Sampans and Flashbacks (Pt. 2)
06. Sampans and Flashbacks (Pt. 3)
07. Sampans and Flashbacks (Pt. 4)
08. Sampans and Flashbacks (Pt. 5)
09. Han's Island & Sequence 9
10. Han's Island (fragment) & Headset Jazz (Pt. 1)
11. Headset Jazz (Pt. 2)
12. Sequence 12
13. The Gentle Softness & The Human Fly (Pt. 1) & Sequence 13
14. Goodbye Oharra (Pt. 1)
15. Sequence 15
16. Goodbye Oharra (Pt. 2)
17. Bamboo Birdcage
18. Sequence 18
19. Han's Cruelty (Pt. 3) & Sequence 19
20. The Human Fly (Pt. 2)
21. The Human Fly (Pt. 3)
22. The Big Battle (Pt. 1)
23. The Big Battle (Pt. 2)
24. The Big Battle (Pt. 3)
25. Sequence 25
26. Sequence 26 & End Titles

.

3410 said...

By the way "nutted out" means "worked out", "nut" being a colloquialism for "head". I hope the phrase doesn't have any alternative interpretations for American audiences.
;)

Rocket From Mars said...

@ isbum---i have 'Ginger And Fred' lurking about somewhere---if it's not posted in a day or so i'll dig it up and rip it for you.
cheers,
Rocket

Anonymous said...

@ 3410

I don't care what anyone else might say, but here in America "nutted out" means "dropping a nut," or, pretty much, shooting ones load. Does that beg for more of a definition?

Wild on,

SToothy

3410 said...

Oh, dear. I feared as much.

Isbum said...

@ 3410 - I take it that in this case, what happens in America, shall stay in America. ;)

Isbum said...

Every so often someone leaves a review at IMDB that is both funny and spot on, that it must be shared. This reads like a Chimezatmidnight post.

But first, here's Jack Dorsey conducting all 101 Strings take on the Burt Bacharach and Hal David music.

"Lost Horizon and Other Selections"
1973 Lp @320
101 Strings

http://rapidshare.com/files/113769186/101Strings_LostHorizon.zip


Review by Jamie Moffat:

As Bette Midler used to say, "I never miss a Liv Ullman musical". Here is a film which attempts to inspire and uplift, and I guess it succeeds, if for reasons quite different from those intended.

Unless they attempt a musical version of "Schindler's List" this will probably be the all time champion in the "Play it straight" stakes. James Hilton's novella, heaven knows, was a piece of fluff which tantalised rather than explored its themes. The 1937 film was a winner because, hey, what Frank Capra film in the '30s wasn't?

But if we had to have a musical version, wouldn't it have been a good idea to hire a couple of musical stars?! Okay, at a push Bobby Van passes muster, and thank God that he's meant to be that annoying, because after five minutes the idea of him being lost in a snowdrift seemed eminently satisfying. But as for the rest - George Kennedy, Peter Finch, Sally Kellermann, John Gielgud, Olivia Hussey - well we aren't going to see them in a revival of "42nd Street" now are we? My favourite definitely has to be Kellermann and Hussey thumping around a library, the former looking bored, the latter very pregnant, singing what seems to be a 70s New Age version of the "Green Acres" theme.

But its Liv who suffers most. Swinging those bovine limbs of hers, singing some nonsense about the world being a circle which never ends - an apt description of the song - she seems light years away from Bergman. Actually she bears a striking resemblance to Bill Clinton in some of her long shots.

Only Michael York emerges with any credibilty. And that's mainly because his character keeps nagging everybody to run away. And who could blame him?

EnJoY!

Isbum said...

New Lp rip here.

"Paint Your Wagon" 1969 Lp @320
by Nelson Riddle

Orchestral Only

http://rapidshare.com/files/113780232/NR_PaintYourWagon.zip

EnJoY!

filmpac said...

Seems to be a run of Bacharach lately. Thanks Isbum for One Amazing Night, great listen, but I hope Burt don't give up his day job, his singing truly sucks!

Here's a great little soundtrack containing many Burt songs, including the hit "God Give Me Strength". Recommended...

Various Artists Soundtrack "Grace Of My Heart" (1996), @192:
http://rapidshare.com/files/113593411/OST-GraceOfMyHeart.zip

Isbum said...

Another newly ripped Lp.

"Music from The Graduate and Other Simon and Garfunkel Hits"
1969 Lp @320
by Living Brass
Arranged & Conducted by Ray Martin

http://rapidshare.com/files/113790251/RM_MusicFromTheGraduate.zip

EnJoY!

Isbum said...

This just caught my curiosity, I don't know anything by Goldfrapp and I've heard others rave about it.

Minimalist electronic score from the fellas who made Lola Run.

"The Princess + the Warrior" 2001 Cd
@320 * in two parts
Various Artist
score by Pale 3

Part 1 the Songs
http://rapidshare.com/files/113394934/MBP3_ThePrincessAndTheWarrior_pt1songs.zip

Part 2 the Score
http://rapidshare.com/files/113803381/MBP3_ThePrincessAndThe_Warrior_pt2score.zip

Enjoy!

Isbum said...

@ gunshotwound - Whassssup brother?
You having trouble figuring out what to say?

GSW said...

@isbum - I know plenty to say but it would burn the internet to ashes if I did because I am sooooo frustrated right now. I am having major troubles making a hyperlink and I was doing tests and needless to say they are not correct and I cannot figure out what is wrong.

I finally got my link clickable but it does not take you to the page I have specified and I don't know why. It keeps going to my blog home page. It makes no sense.

GSW said...

@filmpac - Thank you for posting the link for HOTEL PARADISO. I finally got your original link (in the spreadsheet) to work, but that is such an embarrassing episode it is best laid to rest. Would you mind re-upping A DOUBLE LIFE? The link says the file has been removed for inactivity. I swear it says that, honest, I have not lost my mind, although I am close. LOL LOL

@ruggo - Would you re-up CAPTAIN FROM CASTILE: THE CLASSIC FILM SCORES OF ALFRED NEWMAN. It also says removed for inactivity.

@All - Does any one have these Gerhardt "Classics of" - Bogart, Davis & Flynn?

3410 said...

@ gunshotwound

See here . Copy and paste all the text in the first grey box ("The syntax of creating an anchor"). Replace the letters

url

with the url of the page you want to link to, then replace the words

Text to be displayed

with what you want the link to read, and Hey, presto!

Hope this helps.

GSW said...

@3410 - OK, I have finally gotten a clickable link that goes to the page I want it to but I don't understand why my link is different from the clickable music download links here in the comments.
This is the link I want clickable (I posted this link previously)
http://www.imdb.com/user/ur17268287/boards/profile/

Here it is after I follow the instructions:
link to GeorgeHarveyBone's profile & links

The other links include the link itself, mine shows "text to be displayed". Have I gotten my term "hyperlink" mixed up? Both yours and THXjay's link is only 1 word and I am going to assume this 1 word was your "text to be displayed" and that the link itself is "hidden".

How do I get the link itself clickable instead of the "text to be displayed"? I am so confused it is not even funny.

Vinnie Rattolle said...

@isbum
As usual, I arrived late to the party, but a belated happy birthday!

@filmpac
I hope you know I'm gonna be breaking into refrains of CONDORMAN for months!

@Goblinscore
Here's the HALLOWEEN 5 album. The first five or six tracks are songs from the film, the rest is Howarth's score. 192 rip.
http://rapidshare.com/files/113855859/Halloween_5-_The_Revenge_of_Michael_Myers.rar

@Gunshotwound
If you want the link address to show, put it in both the slot for the URL and the "text to be displayed" section.

@Anyone!
Does anybody here happen to have the soundtrack for HONKY TONK FREEWAY?

Isbum said...

Hi Vinnie!

"Honkytonk Freeway"
George Martin & Various

http://rapidshare.com/files/62477922/GM_HonkyTonkFreeway.zip

Enjoy Condorman! ;)

3410 said...

@ gunshotwound,

Firstly, let me reassure you that whilst getting your head around it may be difficult, the actual functionality *is* easy. And that's coming from someone who is basically a computer ignoramus.

Your link looks as though it works just fine, though it redirects to a registration page, for non-registered users.

Remember that once you have designated the *destination* of the link, you can call it whatever you want. If you want the actual URL (ie web address) to be displayed as a hyperlink (such as with Filmpac's posts) then just replace...

Text to be displayed

... with *the url of the desired page*. It doesn't matter if the "text to be displayed" is one word or ten or the actual web address.

Thus, a link to Soundtrackcollector, for example, could be rendered either:

Soundtrackcollector or
http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/ or
Polly Wolly Doodle

Trust me, my initial comment on the subject is as succinct and clear as possible, whilst containing ALL the info you need on how to make a hyperlink. Just bookmark that page that I first linked to, for future use, copy the phrase over whenever you need it, and fill in your 2 options.

[Note also that you can *test* the link when your comment is still in "preview" mode, though you'd want to "open link in new tab" or else you'll navigate away from, and therefore lose, your comment.]

Good luck!, and don't hesitate to ask again if you're still stuck.

Vinnie Rattolle said...

isbum, you are a soundtrack god! Thanks, buddy!

quinlan said...

@ big cheeze
reur request for "Fright Night".
Since May 1st, 2007, date of its creation, an extremely big number of links have been posted in this blog, a lot of them being dedicated to OSTs.
To be more precise there were 6866 links posted thru April 2008.
I carefully listed them on a monthly basis on excel spread sheets which are permanently available for downloading from the home page.
If you take the few necessary seconds to do so, you might find many things of interest for you.
For instance, if you go to the month of April 2008 sheet, select the "Album Title" column then go to the excel search engine (menu edition, search) and type "Fright Night", it will indicate immediately that a link to this OST (music by Brad Fiedel) was posted by goonie on April 27.
Here is his link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MSZ2NH4V

Now I can't guarantee you that all links are still valid, but if you find a dead link which you wish to be reactivated, you know who posted it and when.
So just put a request for it, either the original uploader or any downloader will certainly answer and reup it for you.
You're more than welcome here and congratulations for your fine and funny blog where I already picked up things I liked very much.
Enjoy

quinlan said...

@ isbum
Your post of BB: One Amazing Night is fantastic.
Thanks buddy

quinlan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GoblinScore said...

@vinnie - yer beautiful, thanks man!!

FYI all you Bill Conti fans, a 2 disc 90minute MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE is on the way from La-La Land next month....hmmm, do I really need 20 mins. of alternates to the existing, great album? Hmmmm.....

Isbum said...

@ vinnie - Your welcome! *blush*

Hi Breton! Thanks for the blush! ;)

@ All - Got an email this morning.

Hi,

I Have been searching for ages for the PSYCHO III score, and found it on the 7black notes site, but the file is no longer valid.

Is there any chance you can repost this, or send me a link? it's a fantastic score.



Many Thanks
Lee

Isbum said...

Well, trying to commit to my god status, I checked the "Psycho III" I have and it's a mess.
It doesn't have the "song" track 1.
And "Before and After the Shower" is only 1:09 when S.Collector lists it at 3:36. I either have "Before" or "After", but not both.

Think I'll defer to some committed Horrormeister out here who has the full-drag on this mother. ;)

Ruggo said...

@gunshotwound

Here are a couple of the re-ups you requested. Enjoy.

ALFRED NEWMAN
CLASSIC FILM SCORES
(Gerhardt)

http://rs354tg.rapidshare.com/files/113945470/Captain_From_Castile-The_Classic_Film_Scores_Of_Alfred_Newman.part1.rar

http://rs282tl2.rapidshare.com/files/113945717/Captain_From_Castile-The_Classic_Film_Scores_Of_Alfred_Newman.part2.rar



CLASSIC FILM SCORES
FOR BETTY DAVIS
(Gerhardt)

http://rs230tl2.rapidshare.com/files/113952778/Classic_Film_Scores_For_Bette_Davis.rar

Isbum said...

Honestly Folks!

This little blog of ours has never looked more fantastic!!

Let's give THXjay a BIG round of applause for his hard work here!

He definitely deserves it!!

Anonymous said...

Hello,
could anyone help me to find the promo score WILLARD by Shirley Walker?
thanks a lot
danny80 from France

Bigbro411 said...

Does anyone know if there is a promo for "WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS" by Christophe Beck?

Isbum said...

@ danny80 -

"Willard"
by Shirley Walker

http://rapidshare.com/files/114003561/SW_Willard.zip

enjoy!

filmpac said...

@ gunshotwound - By request, here is a repeat performance, just for you. Please note I have this listed as coming from a 4-track 78 rpm record, as far as I know a completer version hasn't been released. Enjoy...

Miklos Rozsa "A Double Life" (1947). 78rpm @192:
http://rapidshare.com/files/114009172/MR-DoubleLife.zip

@ big cheeze - Yeah. What Quinlan said. Up there. Download that spreadsheet. As always, a hearty big THANKS to Q for this totally invaluable resource, I am continually amazed at what slips past me. So many goodies, so little time.

@ thxjay - Add my hearty big THANKS for the fab artwork, not to mention the new recent comments widget. Luvin' that, I am. Since you've been a good boy, I think I have something new for you, coming sometime soon.

@ vinnie - G'day, terrific to see you here! You get my hearty big THANKS too, for all the stuff on your F-A-B blog, very much appreciated!

@ isbum - Oh, alright, hearty big THANKS to you too my friend:))

Isbum said...

@ filmpac - Yes indeedy. I was "fishing" for a thank you. :)

As the Saturday Night Specials are now on, their is one other thing I'd like to put out there.

I want a WESTERN SHOP!

My dream team to have as owner's & operators, a sort of Good, Bad & Ugly homage would be:

Benoit
3410
& Edda88

What say you gentlemen? I don't ask for a huge commitment, the rents practically nothing, all you do is stable a few wild ponies in the barn once in a while.

Sorry to publicly offer this out in the open, but you know me.
I have no shame and my hearts always right there on my sleeve.

Drop me a line if you'd like a shop

zippyljs@yahoo.com

You fellas are the best at the West, I look forward to hearing from you.

GSW said...

@filmpac - Thank you very much for the A DOUBLE LIFE re-up. It doesn't matter if it is a 78rpm rip. All I have ever heard of Rozsa's score has been via viewing the film and what Gerhardt included on his Rozsa album.

@ruggo - My grateful thanks to you also for the Newman re-up and the Bette Davis link. Have almost replaced all of my Gerhardt LP's with digital sound.

@quinlan - I want to tell you how much I appreciate the time and effort you put into the links spreadsheet. I have never worked with a spreadsheet before, but I am slowly learning and the helpful hints you have included in your posts have been great.

@3410 & Vinnie Rattolle - I cannot thank you two enough for the help you guys provided regarding those cotton-picking links. I got so upset with myself last night I could not sleep, but now I think things are OK thanks to you guys.

@THXjay - First I want to tell you that the blog looks great. I certainly couldn't have done it. LOL LOL. Secondly, even though I have survived a frustrating trial by fire trying to figure out those links, I have you to thank for initiating it all with your post. Don't be alarmed, I don't blame you. I blame my lack of techno understanding. I needed to figure all this out and you simply pointed me in the right direction and I thank you for that.

@isbum - I am sorry for clogging up the blog with deleted posts last night. I was using the preview function to check things but I also wanted to know if things were still the same after posting. Of course they were not, hence the deletions.

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 645   Newer› Newest»