March 2009 Requests Archive

1,189 comments:

«Oldest   ‹Older   201 – 400 of 1189   Newer›   Newest»
GilinAZ said...

Southview...thanks so much, for the "Jacks" album.

Gil

pagemaster65 said...

@Prospero, I would love to have ''Bolt'' promo! I've been looking for it a long time.

drelefun said...

Southview, thanks for all the effort on the 'Philadelphia' ost.

Prospero said...

pagemaster65:

On it's way, like a lightning bolt!

Prospero said...

John Powell: Bolt (FYC promo)

http://rapidshare.com/files/206643994/JP_BoPro.rar

Enjoy, one and all!

And as a promo, this should not fall under the SNS rule.

Ruggo said...

@KevinG

Thanks for asking about the artwork from my series of compilations: "OVER THE TITLES." Jean's artwork (which he also did for my other series "MOVIE OVERTURES" and BERNARD HERRMANN SUITES) was a magnificent addition to an extensive and rewarding effort.

Here's the artwork by Jean for OVER THE TITLES


http://rapidshare.com/files/206660140/Over_The_Titles_ARTWORK.rar

Maimone Digital said...

I can't top KevinG's excellent share, but I have to do something.

Here is The Prometheus release of Jerry Goldsmith's The Swarm, ripped from my CD. I guess this is still available so I'll make it a SNS.

http://rapidshare.com/files/206668763/The_Swarm_Score.rar

Quinlin do not post

Southview212 said...

This is the commercially unreleased score to Jerry Goldsmith's "The Spiral Road" @320. Issued by Soundstage. It's my CD & my rip. Enjoy.

http://rapidshare.com/files/206662471/TheSpiralRoad_soundstage.rar

The Artwork Dept. has the complete artwork.

3410 said...

I too have a request for a single song that I just can't track down. It's a long shot...

"Tiger Eyes" by the
Dwight Twilley Band

It's on the 1997 CD edition of their debut LP "Sincerely" (1976), but not on either the 1989 or 2007 CDs of same. Not soundtrack-related, but I thought I'd ask on the off-chance that one of the film-lovers is also a Power Pop-head. Thanks. :)

3-Pin said...

@ eda-88
I stopped by the speak easy. Thanks for finding the "missing link."

Maimone Digital said...

Police Story (Goldsmith) Prometheus from my CD at 320

http://rapidshare.com/files/206681135/Police_Story_Score.rar

John James said...

@ all
Where has everyone gone ?

Clint's archive said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Clint's archive said...

@ Kev
Hi Kev, just came by on the off chance (was it fate?) and saw your great share, which I have been so keen to listen to, thank you so much Kev. But I was wondering, may just be me but I seem to have a problem unpacking track 6 of disc 1, could you check this Kev, or if anyone else has had a problem or not unpacking this track? If all is cool I will have a go at downloading again.

Best to all
Ennioman

THXjay said...

(((((((((( BACK IN ACTION )))))))))

After a computer death in the family :)
I've not been online properly for a couple of months. Poor Filmpac was left to look after the Art Dept all by himself. He's done an amazing job, it's a LOT of hard work keeping that place going with two of us, so I appreciate how much work is involved on your own.

I'm just getting my head around Vista and where it is hiding all the usual file locations and stuff :)

My first rip/upload on this new laptop is the new release of volume 3 in the Laurie Johnson series.
Disc one (of three) includes original music from The New Avengers television soundtrack.

I haven't read through the last couple of months comments so forgive me if this has been shared before.

Laurie Johnson : The New Avengers (Television Soundtrack)

I will scan the artwork and post them in our Art Dept as soon as I get my scanner to talk to Vista :)

Enjoy!
(And it's good to be back :)

Clint's archive said...

@Jay
Couple of months...
It pains me to think what I've missed over many many months more!
Just seeing your latest share is mouth watering, I'm still looking for that great 3 disc Jason King set, god knows if I've missed it or not?

Oh Vista...Good Luck bud, worked with it and just could not get used to it, seems the same with most people I've spoke with..
I'll stick with my XP for now me thinks..

Ennioman

mel said...

@ Jason

Welcome back to the fold - I wish you all the best with your new computer.

mel said...

@ Kevin and Ennioman,

I also had a problem with track 6 of Disc 1 of the Raksin set. I tried a couple of times, to no avail...

KevinG said...

@Clint's archive

The only thing I can see that may be a problem with that track is a "?" at the end of the track name.

I always forget how picky windows is with special characters in track names. Seems like by the year 2009 they could fix that, but that's another story...

I have removed it and uploaded just that track.

http://rapidshare.com/files/206839270/RaskinDisc1Track6.zip

mel said...

@ Kevin

Wow, that was quick! Thanks so much for solving the problem.

Jean said...

I don’t remember if I post all the custom album of my work on Actor and Music, if some are interesting here are the six until now.

Paul Newman 1925 – 12008
http://rapidshare.com/files/171749681/Actor_And_Music_Paul_Newman.rar

Marlon Brando 1921 – 2001
http://rapidshare.com/files/172786214/Marlon_Brando__A__M_1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/172792612/Marlon_Brando__A__M_2.rar


William Holden 1918 – 1981
http://rapidshare.com/files/172500381/William_Holden_1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/172507605/William_Holden_2.rar


Charlton Heston 1923 – 2008
http://rapidshare.com/files/171902366/Charlton_Heston_1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/171908623/Charlton_Heston_2.rar


Burt Lancaster 1913 – 1991
http://rapidshare.com/files/204438329/Actor_and_Music_Burt_Lancaster.rar


Robert Taylor 1911 – 1969 This one as been Compiled By riddim1903
http://rapidshare.com/files/205203783/Robert_Taylor-Actor___The_Music.rar


I making this little work because I like very much those Actors and when I listen the music I can remember the films. I making this for myself, but it could be some of you like it also?
As I said the first time when I post Paul Newman ( I remember this one ) It’s no Main Title in those compilation , because Ruggo make a wonderful Work on his “Over The Titles”, I don’t take any Main Titles.
I’m continued with others Actors.

If some interesting you, The Covers could be available at the Art Dept. On Request.

Clint's archive said...

@ Kev
Nice one Kev, really appreciate it
Many thanks

Ennioman

GilinAZ said...

Mel...my track 6 extracted, but initially said there was a format problem..I think it was the question mark, at the end. WinRar corrected it, by eliminating the question mark :-) Is this the same error you got?


Gil

GilinAZ said...

Kevin....I always get those warnings, when I try to rename a file...it comes up with a list of things you can't use...and the question mark is one of them :-)

Gil

Southview212 said...

@ THXjay - Welcome back. A lot has transpired in your absence...all good. I'm anxious to share with you again.

mel said...

@ GilinAZ

Yes, this is the same error I got. It didn't extract and I tried to correct it by removing the question mark but didn't succeed.

But now that Kevin has kindly provided a new link, all is well.

KevinG said...

@GilinAZ

One more reason I'm glad I use a Mac, but I'm happy the problem is now fixed.

pagemaster65 said...

@THXjay, glad to see you back !!

@propero, a very BIG thanks for ''Bolt'' promo.Very appreciated :-)

I'm looking for ''Nacho Libre'' promo by Danny Elfman. Someone ?

As requested, here's the promo score for:

Christopher Young - The Country Bears:

http://rapidshare.com/files/206802662/Christopher_Young_-_The_Country_Bears__cd1_.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/206831120/Christopher_Young_-_The_Country_Bears__cd2_.rar

I'm still newbie here, so what is SNS??

Enjoy!

GilinAZ said...

Kevin...the problem is that there is no edit command, in WinRar. I could change a lot of "bad file names", etc., if there were. It gives you a list of the files (in the folder)...but you can't get in to change them.

Gil

Southview212 said...

@ pagemaster65 - Nice to talk to you. GREAT artwork shares...THANKS!

SNS=Saturday Night Special. Currently available scores. here for one day only (Saturday), then gone. If a CD is out of print or Sold Out, free to share it here, anytime.

mel said...

@ the David Raksin fans:

As the documentation for this project is so extensive that it could not be contained in the CD booklet or online notes alone, all who have purchased or downloaded the David Raksin At MGM set will benefit greatly by getting the liner notes that FSM has kindly provided here: http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/notes/1202_intro.html

Anonymous said...

SNS Request:

Would anyone have the soundtrack of "My Favorite Martian" by George Greeley from LaLaLand?

Just got back from WATCHMEN. Still taking it in...

JADSTERSDAD said...

I have a really REALLY obscure request....

I'm looking for a song that was only put out on a single in 1981. By a singer called Catherine Howe and titled 'Almost Love'. This is actually a vocal version of John Barry's theme to Richard Donner's movie 'Inside Moves'.

Southview212 said...

A Jerry Goldsmith score. This is the complete version of "First Knight" @320. This is not the Camelot version that's been around a while, but this is the 2 CD version that possibly is the scoring sessions (listen to the Gauntlet tracks on disc 1). The quality and completeness of this 2 disc version make it a very worthwhile download. I hope all of you agree. Front & Back artwork included. This is my own rip.

http://rapidshare.com/files/206892663/FirstKnight_complete_disc1.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/206904618/FirstKnight_complete_disc2.rar

Maimone Digital said...

@John James

Re where is everybody

I had trouble getting into Franklynot this morning. All the comment sections were gone. Glad it's working again. Was it just me?

Isbum said...

It's nice seeing so many of our original members posting here today.
Welcome back Jay! Very good to see you again, Ennioman!
Mel, Ruggo, and 3410 too.

It's a real comfort knowing you are here. :)

RonH said...

KevinG.

Thanks for the fantastic Raksin.

To all:

A request. Dragon Wars by Steve Jablonski.

Thanks in advance, Ron

Southview212 said...

@ isbum - One of the scores you requested...Qunicy Jones - "MacKenna's Gold" (Tsunmai) @320. I only have front & back artwork (included here).

http://rapidshare.com/files/206945456/MacKennasGold_Tsunami.rar

filmpac said...

@ maimone digital - Can't say I noticed this time around, but we have noted disappearing shop fronts from time to time. Glad to see all is well now. Handy hint, bookmark this comments page so you can access it directly.

Alan Silvestri "What Lies Beneath" (2000), 30-tracks Expanded @256:
http://rapidshare.com/files/205888214/AS-WhatLiesBeneath_Expanded.zip

Might not be a lot of demand for this, apart from the vinylophiles amongst us. The original LP release, thanks to Filmmusicman...

John Williams "Close Encounters Of The Third Kind" (1977), LP @320:
http://rapidshare.com/files/202217681/JW-CloseEncounters_LP.zip

Thanks to KevinG for the Raskin box, only just started downloading due to Arthouse commitments, please keep this one up for a while longer. Thanks also to Southview for recent shares.

I'll second what Isbum said, great to see old regulars like Ennioman and especially THXJay back amongst us, I'm plumb worn out on me lonesome at the Artwork Department ;)

Southview212 said...

@ gsw - Here's a score you requested...John Barry - "Zulu" on the Fat Boy label @320. You'll find the artwork...you know where.

http://rapidshare.com/files/206955106/ZULU_FatBoy.rar

gordonblu said...

I am looking for a couple of albums.

One is the soundtrack to "The Fall" by Krishna Levy. The film was made in 2006 and interpolates Beethoven's 7th into the score and the rest of the score is absolutely wonderful.


The other is one by Philip Glass and is called Koyaanisqatsi. Any help would be appreciated.

Ms Boricua said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GilinAZ said...

Southview...were you ever able to contact Jim, in NYC about "The FBI Story", by Max Steiner??


Gil

GilinAZ said...

Jean...if possible, could you give a listing of what films are in the "Actors and Music" disks?


Gil

Southview212 said...

@ GilinAZ - I haven't spoken to Jim yet, but I do have something else that may whet your apppetite.
I am sending the link to download a Steiner compilation, which is made up of score excerpts from acetates. I think this compilation was put together by the Steiner Society, and I think these are the REAL main titles to the following movies:
Tovarich (1937)
Gold is Where You Find It (1938)
Young Man With A Horn (1950)
They Died With Their Boots On (1941)
The Garden of Allah (1936)
Rocky Mountain (1950)
Saratoga Trunk (1945)
Deep Valley (1947)
The Woman in White 1948)

This is @320 with a track list

http://rapidshare.com/files/206084690/Steiner_acetate_compilation.rar

GilinAZ said...

Southview...looks like a great compilation of early Steiner..especially those 1930 ones.
I'm mostly familiar with "They Died With Their Boots On". As I recall, the Gerhardt recording (Steiner) had some excerpts from this motion picture.

Gil

Southview212 said...

@ GilinAZ - Thet Died With Their Boots On - also a Stromberg re-construction on the Marco Polo label.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ms Boricua said...

I uploaded this for somebody and thought of sharing the link in case anyone wants to listen to it.

Wallace and Gromit: The Curse Of The Were-Rabbit - Julian Nott (2005) @128 Kbps, sorry!
http://rapidshare.com/files/206210366/Wallace_and_Gromit_-_The_Curse_Of_The_Were-Rabbit_2005.zip

Composer Julian Nott has been associated with Wallace and Gromit since their beginning in short films, so of course his signature theme for the duo pops up in the Were-Rabbit soundtrack (try figuring out how many times Nott sneaks it in). This time around, he gets a much bigger orchestra, which perhaps explains the involvement of Dreamworks go-to scorer Hans Zimmer as producer, and also the musical contributions from Rupert Gregson-Williams, James Michael Dooley, Lorne Balfe, and Alastair King. Unlike Wallace and Gromit themselves, who escaped the transfer from short to feature-length film unscathed, Nott's music has lost a bit of its intimate, veddy British charm in the process. This is most obvious in "actiony" tracks like the generic-sounding "Fire Up the Bun-Vac." Sometimes, bigger isn't better. - Amazon

Ms Boricua said...

We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story - James Horner (1993) @320
http://rapidshare.com/files/207075132/We_are_Back_A_Dinosaurs_Story_-_James_Horner_1993.zip

Wild said...

The Ballad Of Little Jo (1993) (by David Mansfield)
http://sharebee.com/c3ac8b44
http://sharebee.com/9147575d

RonH said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wild said...

Does anyone has
Tooth & Nail (by Elia Cmiral)
The Deaths Of Ian Stone (by Elia Cmiral)
?

gremlin said...

http://rapidshare.de/files/45955922/Bolt__Oscar_Promo__-_John_Powell.7z.html


the for your consideration promo cd , Enjoy sorry no art.

Sysel said...

@Ms Boricua

Thanks, thanks, thanks(!!!) for Johan Söderqvist.

Ms Boricua said...

@Sysel, you're welcome!

@KevinG, Thx for David Raksin! Also thx for Super Capers and Taking Chance (a nice preview till I get my cd).

@MaD, Thx for House of D.

@Filmpac, Thx for Music for Film (promo) & What Lies Beneath. I have some more covers, will upload them soon!

@Southview212, Thx for First Knight & Philadelphia.

@Pagemaster65, wow, tyvm for Country Bears (promo)!

Ms Boricua said...

@THXjay, I'm new here, but Welcome back! Also thx for The New Avengers.

Jean said...

@ GilinAZ - I'm sorry to answer you so late But I Don't understand Why, I don't receive any feedback from the blog? I must always coming and check. Sorry.

Here are a very, very smal File with the Complete set of Covers, "Actor and Music" by this way you could see the titles for each actor, and also if you are interesting you can keep the covers it's only 1,92 MB a few second to download.

Thanks for asking.

Jean.

Jean said...

@ GilianAZ Sorry I get some problem these last days and sometime I'm absent, realy sorry, here are the link for the " Actor and Music" 1,92 MB.

http://rapidshare.com/files/207271291/Actors_and_Music_Covers.rar

Tlkjwe said...

@ Ms Boricua:
No problem with the delay...thank you very much for the Söderqvists ;)
Hope I get them downloaded until you delete them, but I think so.

@ Southview212:
Regarding Christopher Young's "Murder In The First".
This music is absolutely brilliant, I'm desperately seeking a lossless rip (for his work on "Something The Lord Made", too).

Could you share "Murder In The First" in lossless quality?
Would be outstanding!!!

Ps. Do you also have the CD for "Something The Lord Made"?
Thanks for your help!

GilinAZ said...

Jean...yes the "actors and music" covers would contain the titles. I can just add this to the "actors and music" folder.

Gil

Ms Boricua said...

@Tlkjwe, you're welcome, enjoy!

@Filmpac, I posted 13 covers in the artwork dept.

Ms Boricua said...

I will try to scan my own CDs (later this week), wish me luck! :P I know somehow I'm gonna mess it up.

GilinAZ said...

Just wondered if anyone might have the following:

Dodge City-Max Steiner
The Oklahoma Kid-Max Steiner
Distant Drums-Max Steiner

Prince of Foxes-Alfred Newman

Run of the Arrow-Victor Young


Gil

GSW said...

@GilinAZ - You can find DODGE CITY/OKLAHOMA KID here, courtesy of Amadues.
http://rapidshare.com/files/109090134/Max_Steiner_-_Dodge_City___The_Oklahoma_Kid.rar

@southview212 - Thank you for ZULU and everything else you share.

@KevinG - Your Raksin SNL was fabulous. Thank you.

@THXjay - Thank you for the Laurie Johnson and welcome back!!!

GilinAZ said...

Thanks, gsw....I wasn't sure that one was gonna be available.

Gil

Southview212 said...

@ Tlkjwe - Chris Young's "Murder In The First", lossless (FLAC), as requested.
http://rapidshare.com/files/207424523/FLAC_MurderInTheFirst_1to8.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/207424415/FLAC_MurderInTheFirst_9to16.rar

THXjay said...

@Clint - if you find a copy of that Jason King (or any of the other network releases) you know where to sneak 'em ;)

(I could have bought all the originals if I didn't have to fork out for this new laptop!)

Vista is a cool looking system but obviously XP has time on it's side!
I can't seem to find the drivers needed to get my scanner/printer to work so those Avengers scans may be a while coming :(

It's good to back though :)

Isbum said...

@ THXjay - The new keyboard seems a little tricky too. ;)
Good to back you as well. :)

Anonymous said...

Great lines, guys! :D

Time for another comedy compilation?

Southview212 said...

These are tracks from four original scores composed by George Duning @320 (track list included). A little research revealed that what I have presented here is a vinyl transfer from an LP numbered WEB ST 108.
The portions of four scores that are presented here are:
No Sad Songs (1950)
The Last Angry Man (1959)
Full Of Life (1956)
Count Three and Pray (1955)

http://rapidshare.com/files/207199681/OrigTracksFrom4Movies_Duning.rar

THXjay said...

@Izzy - No need to try and blame the new keyboard, my typing skills are as bad as always :)

I've managed to find the drivers for my scanner (yipee!) so here are those New Avengers scans :)

http://thecrimelounge3.blogspot.com/2009/03/new-avengers.html

Enjoy!

KevinG said...

@Ms Boricua

Would you mind posting the Charlie Chaplin Essential Film Music collection?

I used to have this music in iTunes but I can't find it in my library. The higher bit rate the better:)

Thanks very much.

filmpac said...

Vintage vinyl double play time. The first is thanks to Filmmusicman, the second courtesy of an unknown ripper, not often seen...

Dominic Frontiere "Hang 'em High" (1968), LP @320:
http://rapidshare.com/files/203067506/DF-HangEmHigh_LP.zip

Waylon Jennings "Mackintosh And TJ" (1975), LP @192:
http://rapidshare.com/files/204199403/WJ-MackintoshAndTJ.zip

Request:
Since I am in western mode, and working on my vinyl collection, a request for cover art. Looking for covers to Waterhole #3, by Dave Grusin. Ripped some time ago by Rocket From Mars, and also spotted on a web page as being owned by Ennioman. Can either of you chaps scan the covers? Anyone else? Many many thanks if this can be unearthed.

@ thxjay - Welcome back! :))

@ ms boricua - Second KevinG's request for the Chaplin collection.

@ southview - Thanks for the Duning collection, super, about to download now.

Ms Boricua said...

@KevinG & Filmpac...

Charlie Chaplin: Essential Film Music (2 CDs) - Charles Chaplin & Carl Davis (2006) @320

http://rapidshare.com/files/207253650/Charlie_Chaplin_Essential_Film_Music_-_CD1_-_Charles_Chaplin_and_Carl_Davis_2006.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/207280840/Charlie_Chaplin_Essential_Film_Music_-_CD2_-_Charles_Chaplin_and_Carl_Davis_2006.zip

Info:
Disc one: Chaplin by Chaplin.
Disc two: Chaplin by Davis.

Played by the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra, featuring the Wihan Quartet. Conducted by Carl Davis.

Also contains music from:
Kid, The
Pay Day
Gold Rush, The
Circus, The
City Lights
Modern Times
Great Dictator, the
Monsieur Verdoux
King In New York, A
Countess From Hong Kong, A
Limelight
Woman Of Paris, A
Chaplin Revue, The
Sunnyside
Gentleman Tramp, The
Floorwalker, The
Fireman, The
Vagabond, The
One A.M.
Count, The
Pawnshop, The
Behind The Screen
Rink, The
Easy Street
Cure, The
Immigrant, The
Adventurer, The

Thx to loic for this!

Javier said...

please, any help

Request:
the Brothers Karamazov by bronislau kapler

gremlin said...

anyone get the Laurie Johnson set vol 3, the new avnegers ?

nightflyer said...

Hello Everyone: I tried this request over in the Asian Cinema area awhile back, but had no responses. Does anyone have the soundtrack to "Sayonara Jupiter (a.k.a. Bye Bye Jupiter)". Any help or talkback would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

budarc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
budarc said...

Here's a small collection of cues from the Pee-wee's Playhouse series including the main and end titles, ripped hot off the press. (?)

Pee-wee's Playhouse (Various Composers)

I was hoping to expand on what was already released, but it proved too difficult a task. There's a lot of music in the series, but it's always buried under a lot of dense sound effects and dialogue. It's just too delicate and time-consuming to do.

I'm also working on ripping all the original music from the Mr. Bean series (for all 2 of you who care). It's also proving a most arduous task because of all the sound effects and that darned, infernal laugh track. It's very jarring when you're listening to music and suddenly someone's laughing at you. :P

Boy, my hobby is proving to be most depressing...

Score-Brother said...

@All:


Well, I am here with another infamous contribution...


For all Maurice Jarre fans out there - particularly those who love his synthesized work - here is one of his lesser-known scores.


Here is the soundtrack to the 1987 film, "Gaby: A True Story:"

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7v79aw

The password is:
Score-Brother-1989

Enjoy!


-Score-Brother



PS: If anyone retrieves this post, you may notice "1987/1997" in the year column on the mp3 files; if anyone uses Windows Media Player, you can find out why as the music is playing.

Bigbro411 said...

Does anyone have the cd that contains select cues from A SIMPLE WISH by Bruce Broughton ? Thanks in Advance!

tree0001 said...

Hey guys!
Does anyone have
Marvin Hamlisch - Ordinary People (1980).
Maurice Jarre - Firefox (1982)
Thanks in advance.

KevinG said...

@Ms Boricua

Thanks very much for the quick response and the great music!

I was very lucky last month to be able to attend a workshop in San Antonio where a college orchestra was performing music for silent films. Although it was not the entire film, they played music from several Eroll Flynn silent films, The Phantom of the Opera, and The Kid, all accompanied by the film of course.

The music from The Kid was by a composer at the college and was very good. If I had known beforehand I would have recorded it, I am still kicking myself that I didn't.

Although not common, more orchestras are doing this sort of thing and if you ever get a chance to see a silent film with live orchestra, do not miss it.

Anonymous said...

@ Ms Boricua & KevinG

Speaking of silent-movies and their scores, I have just re-opened my blog and incidently my first post is a score from a silent movie classic, namely...

Carl Davis -
THE IRON MASK
(2CD complete score/bootleg)
2
5
6
http://rapidshare.com/files/207529455/cdTIM.rar

Maybe you'll enjoy this classy score?

JADSTERSDAD said...

Hi

Would anyone have 'Le Dernier Trappeur' by Krishna Levy, by any chance?

thanks.

J

KevinG said...

@Parzival

Yes indeed I will enjoy it, thanks very much for this.

scifisoundtrack said...

@All

I have a big request. I am searching for the music of superhero movies, e. g. Superman, Batman, X-Men, Fantastic Four, etc.

Can anyone help?

Kind regards

SciFi

Tlkjwe said...

@ Southview212:
Thanks sooo much for your lossless rip of Murder In The First.
I'm very grateful regarding your quick request fill!!!

Do you also have Something The Lord Made, which is my other lossless request?
If yes, I would highly appreciate if you can post it as well!!!

If not, here's my request to the rest of the community, means
@ all:
***REQUESTS***
Christopher Young - Something The Lord Made [lossless]
***REQUESTS***

Thanks for help!!!

Southview212 said...

@ Tlkjwe - Sorry, do not have Something the Lord Made. This time we'll both be hoping some other nice person here, has it.

Isbum said...

From Filmpac, re-upped:

"The Hard Ride" 1970 Lp @320
by
Harley Hatcher

http://rapidshare.com/files/207719887/HH_TheHardRide.zip

Isbum said...

"Get Budd"
The Soundtracks of Roy Budd

Info:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/release/c5f9/

Disc One:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LZJ042EY

Disc Two:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RIQ2Y6QF

Isbum said...

"Blood In Blood Out" 1993 Cd @320
by
Bill Conti

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8KSDUML2

fredk2 said...

@scifisoundtrack

RE SUPERMAN
found this yesterday, I haven´t yet downloaded, but all links are good.:

Superman: The Music 1978 - 1988 (Limited Edition)

Superman: The Music (1978-1988), is an 8CD set of the complete scores to the four Superman movies starring Christopher Reeve, with music by John Williams (for the original) adapted by his colleagues Ken Thorne and Alexander Courage for the sequels. Bonus discs include music by Ron Jones for a 1988 Superman animated series and source music for the features. This is the Holy Grail for Superman music aficionados especially for the completely unreleased score to the fourth film, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace (1987), for which Williams’s themes were adapted by his longtime friend and occasional collaborator, Alexander Courage. CD8 of the set collects alternates and source music for Superman: The Movie, Superman II and Superman III that which would not fit on discs 1-4, respectively. This includes previously unreleased radio source music by John Williams heard only in the extended television broadcast as well as cues written by Ken Thorne for similar purposes in the sequels.


Track Lists:

CD1 - Superman: The Movie (1978):

01. Theme From Superman
02. Prelude and Main Title
03. The Planet Krypton
04. Destruction of Krypton
05. The Kryptonquake
06. The Trip To Earth
07. Growing Up
08. Jonathan’s Death
09. Leaving Home
10. The Fortress of Solitude
11. The Mugger
12. Lex Luthor’s Lair
13. Helicopter Sequence
14. The Burglar Sequence / Chasing Crooks
15. Super Rescues
16. The Penthouse
17. The Flying Sequence
18. Clark Loses His Nerve


CD2 - Superman: The Movie (1978) (continued):

01. The March of The Villains
02. The Truck Convoy / Miss Teschmacher Helps
03. To The Lair
04. Trajectory Malfunction / Luthor’s Lethal Weapon
05. Chasing Rockets
06. Superfeats
07. Pushing Boulders / Flying To Lois
08. Turning Back The World
09. The Prison Yard / End Title
10. Love Theme From Superman

Alternates:

11. Prelude and Main Title
12. The Planet Krypton
13. The Dome Opens
14. The Mugger
15. I Can Fly (Flying Sequence segment)
16. Can You Read My Mind (film version)
17. Trajectory Malfunction
18. Turning Back The World
19. The Prison Yard / End Title (film version)


CD3 - Superman 2 (1980):

01. Preface / Villains In Zone / Main Title March
02. Superman to Paris / Lois Climbs Tower
03. Walkie-Talkies / Gelignite Bangs / Superman Saves Lift
04. Lift Into Space - Releasing The Villains
05. Orange Juice / Prison Intro / My Little Black Box
06. Ursa Flies Over Moon / Spacecraft Wrecked / Moon to Earth
07. Lex Escapes
08. Sleeping Arrangements / Relaxing at Niagara / Looks Familiar / Superman Saves Boy
09. Lex and Miss Teschmacher to Fortress / Lex Plans Partnership
10. Suspecting Lois Takes The Plunge / Clark Fumbles Rescue / Villains Land By Lake
11. Clark Exposed as Superman
12. Sheriff and Duane Meet Villains / Lovers Fly North
13. Daddy’s Rise and Fall / Flight for Flowers / East Houston Battle
14. Lovers at Dinner Table / Zod Meets General
15. MoTher’s Advice
16. To Bed - Mount Rushmore - Sweet Dreams
17. President Kneels Before Zod
18. Fight in Diner
19. TV President Resigns — Clark to Fortress
20. Return of The Green Crystal / Bored Zod
21. Non Wrecks Office
22. Aerial Battle / Zod Throws Slab / Superman Saves Spire
23. Superman Saves Petrol Tanker / Superman Fights Zod / Superman Flies Off
24. Villains Take Lex and Lois to Fortress / School Games
25. Superman Pulls Big Switch / Superman Triumphs Over Villains
26. Sad Return
27. Lois Forgets
28. Happy Lois Back To Normal / Superman Replaces Stars and Stripes / End Title March


CD4 - Superman 3 (1983):

01. Main Title (The Streets of Metropolis)
02. Gus on Computer After The Cents
03. Saving The Factory — The Acid Test
04. Pay Day for Gus / School Gym — Earth Angel / Vulcan
05. Lana and Clark in Cornfield / Clark Rescues Ricky
06. Gus Shows The Booze / Gus Finds a Way
07. Montage
08. Colombian Storm
09. Kryptonite / Gus Down Building / Searching for Kryptonite
10. Lana and Clark on Telephone / Kryptonite Sting / Superman Affected by Kryptonite / Superman Too Late
11. Tower of Pisa / What Will It Do for Me
12. Superman and Lorelei on Statue / Superman Ruins Tanker
13. Boxes in Canyon / Drunken Superman
14. The Two Faces of Superman
15. The Struggle Within
16. The Final Victory
17. Preparing Balloons / Superman Coming / Computer
18. Rockets / Video Games / Big Missile
19. Superman Confronts Ross / Computer Takes Over / Gus Fights Ross
20. The Computer Comes Alive / Superman Leaves Computer Cave
21. Metal Vera / Computer Blows Up
22. Gus Flying With Superman
23. Diamond Sting / Thank You Superman / Superman Gus / Clark Gives Lana Diamond Ring
24. End Credits


CD5 - Superman 4 (1987):

01. Fanfare / Space Saver
02. Main Title / Back in Time
03. Pow! / Good Morning
04. Smoke The Yokes / Nefarious
05. To Work / Train Stopper
06. Someone Like You (Lacy’s Theme)
07. Jeremy’s Theme
08. For Real / The Class
09. Hair Raisers
10. Lacy / The Visit
11. First Nuclear Man
12. Nuke 1 Fight / Ashes
13. Headline
14. Fresh Air
15. United Nations / Net Man
16. Sunstroke / Enter Nuclear Man 2
17. Flight to Earth / Introducing Nuclear Man 2
18. Lacy (disco version)
19. Lacy’s Place
20. Ear Ache / Confrontation / Tornado
21. Volcano
22. Statue of Liberty Fight


CD6 - Superman 4 (1987) (continued):

01. Nuclear Man Theme
02. Down With Flu
03. Two-Faced Lex / Missile Buildup
04. Persuader / Awakened
05. Abducted / Mutual Distrust
06. Metropolis Fight / Lift to The Moon
07. Moon Fight / Goodbye Nuke
08. Come Uppance / Lifted / Quarried / Flying With Jeremy / End Credits

Alternates and Source Music:

09. Fresh Air (album version)
10. Someone Like You (Lacy’s Theme) (slow version)
11. Red Square Band

Source Music and Songs by Paul Fishman:

12. Superfly Guy
13. Headphone Heaven
14. Revolution Now
15. Saxy Sadie
16. Krypton Nights
17. Life’s Too Dangerous
18. Workout
19. Lois Love


CD7 - Superman: The Animated Series (1988):

01. Main Title (Williams / Jones)

“Destroy The Defendroids”:

02. Drone / Blown Drone
03. Talk With Lex
04. Trouble in The Park / Fire Rescues
05. Supe Quits / Fake Quake
06. Saved From Lava / Plans
07. Super Defendroid / Operation Nugget
08. Droid Wars / Warning
09. Superman’s Family Album: The Adoption

Alternate:

10. Main Title Alternate (Jones)

“Fugitive From Space”:

11. Alien Discovery
12. The Suit
13. Daily Planet Mystery Play-On / Jimmy and Chief
14. Kyroni Encounter
15. The Planting / Ship’s Log
16. Something’s Up #2 / Bad Guy Dialogue #1
17. Trouble in Metropolis
18. Aliens Take Over The World
19. Superman’s Family Album: The Supermarket
20. Superman Theme

“By The Skin of The Dragon’s Teeth”:

21. China Play-On / Nukua’s Theme
22. Saboteur
23. Transition #3 / Bad Guy Dialogue #6 / Dragon’s Treasure

“Triple-Play”:

24. Prankster’s Theme / Game Montage / No Baseball

“Cybron Strikes”:

25. Superman’s Family Album: The First Day of School

Library Music:

26. Library Suite #1 (arr. Mark McKenzie)
27. Library Suite #2
28. Aliens Take Over The World (alternate #1 — orchestra only)
29. Library Suite #3
30. Library Suite #4
31. Library Suite #5
32. Aliens Take Over The World (alternate #2 — strings / synth only)
33. Library Suite #6
34. Library Suite #7
35. End Title


CD8 - Extras:

Tracks 01-08 from Superman: The Movie

01. Prelude and Main Title (film version)
02. The Flying Sequence (album version)
03. Can You Read My Mind (original version)
04. Can You Read My Mind (non-vocal version)
05. Kansas High School
06. Kansas Kids
07. Lois Car Radio
08. Luthor’s Luau

Superman II:

09. Honeymoon Hotel
10. Country & Western
11. East Houston Cafe
12. Car Radio for Ride Back
13. Diner Jukebox #1
14. Diner Jukebox #2

Superman III:

15. Main Title (The Streets of Metropolis) (alternate)
16. Pay Day for Gus (alternate)
17. Colombian Storm Part 1
18. Olympic Parade
19. Apres Ski

Songs Composed and Produced by Giorgio Moroder
Lyrics by Keith Forsey:

20. Rock On
21. No See, No Cry
22. They Won’t Get Me
23. Love Theme
24. Main Title March (Williams, arr. Moroder)

Download Link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/185906426/SupermanTheMusicLimitedEdition.part01.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/185911917/SupermanTheMusicLimitedEdition.part02.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/185917493/SupermanTheMusicLimitedEdition.part03.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/185923173/SupermanTheMusicLimitedEdition.part04.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/185928924/SupermanTheMusicLimitedEdition.part05.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/185934777/SupermanTheMusicLimitedEdition.part06.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/185940907/SupermanTheMusicLimitedEdition.part07.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/185950140/SupermanTheMusicLimitedEdition.part08.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/185956188/SupermanTheMusicLimitedEdition.part09.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/185962508/SupermanTheMusicLimitedEdition.part10.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/185969119/SupermanTheMusicLimitedEdition.part11.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/185975784/SupermanTheMusicLimitedEdition.part12.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/185982014/SupermanTheMusicLimitedEdition.part13.rar

Password: www.freesoftwarealliance.com

this is a box collection, as soon as I found the last Superman I´ll advise you

regards
enjoy
fred

ps: not mine , and thanks to the original uploader,

fredk2 said...

@scifisoundtrack

superman returns 2cds
found at vagos.fm

cd 1: http://rapidshare.com/files/147112864/SPRMNRTRNS1JO.zip

cd 2: http://rapidshare.com/files/147133588/SPRMNRTRNS2JO.zip

both links are ok.

enjoy

GilinAZ said...

Does anyone have the Max Steiner score for "Band Of Angels"?


Gil

Southview212 said...

@ GininAZ - "Band of Angels", the Spainish issue, will be on it's way soon. I think I've already posted the artwork at The Dept.

GilinAZ said...

Southview...yeah, that'll be great, if you can get it for me.

Gil

Southview212 said...

@ GilinAZ - Here is another really nice score for you @320. Steiner's "Band of Angels". The artwork is already posted at The Art Dept. It's my pleasure sharing....Enjoy!

http://rapidshare.com/files/208188729/BandOfAngels_Steiner.rar

GilinAZ said...

Southview...thanks for "Band of Angels".

Anonymous said...

A request:

John Williams/Michael J.Lewis-1982-Yes, Giorgio.

Please, guys, help me.

Thanks in advance.

Prospero said...

The Way West (most recent issue) from Mr. Fake's label, now OOP.

http://rapidshare.com/files/208267003/BK_WyWst.rar

Enjoy!

searchboy said...

Any Chance of getting "Something The Lord Made" by Christopher Young. I am new here so don't know if this is how one requests something. Plase correct me if I am wrong.

I LOVE this blog.

Axel

searchboy said...

Thank You
I will use searchboy only in the future

Rebecca said...

Hello,

Does anyone have John Charles' score for the 1985 film 'The Quiet Earth'?

scifisoundtrack said...

@frederick
Big thank you for you superhero for helping me.

You saved my life!!!

SciFi

JADSTERSDAD said...

@Southview212

Greetings! If you don't mind me asking, I noticed artwork of two Bruce Smeaton soundtracks uploaded - Eliza Frazer and The Great McCarthy. Do you have the music too? And could you upload, if so?

Somewhere out there is also a disc with some tracks from his 'A Cry in the Dark'. Anyone any knowledgeo of this?

thanks

JAD

Southview212 said...

This is a CD that was issued by The Society of Composers & Lyricists, which contains David Raskin's score to the 1966 TV drama "The Redeemer"...but...what makes this recording extraordinary is track 1. In the late David Raksin's own words "Career Reflections". 27+ minutes of some great insights into his life as a composer and how he got there.
@320 mp3 w/front & back artwork. I don't remember my source.

http://rapidshare.com/files/207585594/TheRedeemer_Raksin.rar

Ruggo said...

@Rebecca

JOHN CHARLES
THE QUIET EARTH

http://rapidshare.com/files/208411650/John_Charles_The_Quiet_Earth.rar

MaD said...

@Tlkjwe

Something the Lord Made (2008) by Christopher Young @FLAC
part 1
part 2

Comeback Shane said...

Once again I'd like to call on the amazing muscial talents of this community. Would any of you classical music buffs recognize the great piece in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e5aWPcnfck

It's highlights of Michael Phelps gold medals and it's such a full sounding, fist-clenching work of art.

Please do yourselves and me a favor and give it a listen. You're my only hope!

GilinAZ said...

Shane...I don't recognize it...but it's a march, with a decidedly Russian flavor. Tschaikowsky, perhaps?

Gil

pitch said...

Hello,

someone have track 15 from "the Librarian" (LoDuca).

Impossible to find.

pagemaster65 said...

A requested score....

Christopher Young - Something The Lord Made:
http://rapidshare.com/files/208500685/Christopher_Young_-_Something_The_Lord_Made__score_.rar

My rip @ ape

pitch said...

Hello,

track 15 from cd 2.

Anonymous said...

@ Comeback Shane & GillinAZ

It's really hard to tell with the subbar soundquality in the clip, but (and without offense to GillinAZ's hearing) the piece doesn't sound very "classical" to me at all, rather it seems to be a typical Media-Ventures-style waltz (also note the overall sound-production), but the melody sounds so generic I don't want to believe it's Hans Zimmer himself...!?

Comeback Shane said...

@ GillinAZ & Parzival

Thanks guys. The mystery continues I guess. The sound quality is so lousy in that clip. I've heard girls take a pee in a tin cup over a payphone that sounded better than this. (is that too dirty for here?? it just came to me.)

(Throat clear)

It actually doesn't sound like generic production music to me at all. Frankly it makes me wanna don a cape and jump around the house. Anybody else?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e5aWPcnfck

Anonymous said...

:D

I didn't mean to pee in your cup with calling it 'generic', it's an uplifting and powerful piece of music for sure (from what I can make out ;)).
Let me put it this way, if the melody was just a little less 'generic' I could probably identify the track! :P
I'm pretty sure it's someone from Zimmer's gang, which still leaves us with a dozen possibilities though...;)

Darn it, now I need to know, too!

PS: Can we agree on 3/4? ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e5aWPcnfck

filmpac said...

Today's vintage vinyl double play is a triple-play! Get down and dirty with some 70s gold, thanks to the original rippers...

Jimmie Haskell & VA "Zachariah" (1971), LP @VBR Insane:
http://rapidshare.com/files/207395668/JHVA-Zachariah_LP.zip

Infernal Blues Machine "Adios Amigo" (1976), LP @320:
http://rapidshare.com/files/206991872/IBM-AdiosAmigo_LP.zip

Monk Higgins "Sheba, Baby" (1975), LP @320:
http://rapidshare.com/files/207965622/MH-ShebaBaby_LP.zip

Covers included, thanks to Jim for putting the shine on them. Enjoy!

KevinG said...

@Parzival

Yes indeed, 3/4 but I wish it were not such low quality sound. I would love to hear this the way it should be.

Didn't recognize the theme either.

Now we MUST know!

Comeback Shane said...

Dang, haha, what have I started?

I gotcha Parzival, it's a stumper with no clues.

I knew you guys would like it though! It's a waltz you can practically headbang to!

Don't they make a device by now that can tell you the title and artist by playing a clip, or are cell phone commercials even playing in my dreams now?

Anonymous said...

@ Comeback Shane

I once even had a program that could turn digital images into twelve-tone music midi-files...if I just remembered what it was called...
That's probably what they did over at MV: They took the Phelps footage and that's what the program turned out - a headbanger's waltz...

@ KevinG & All

Here's some more silent-movie-music...(what an oxymoron)...

Carl Davis -
SHOW PEOPLE (Bootleg)
2
5
6
http://rapidshare.com/files/208387152/cdSP.rar

Enjoy if you must. ;)

Comeback Shane said...

We definitely aren't overlooking the obvious, right? It's not on any of those olympics albums for sure is it? If someone HERE doesn't know I wouldn't know where else to turn.

BTW, I got a goodie to post here probably tomorrow. Budarc, i'm lookin at you! Lovin' the Pee-Wee tracks!

GilinAZ said...

Parzival...could it possibly be in 6/8 meter? I know there are some marches written in this. I believe there are some "obscure" Tschaikowsky marches that sound similar to this. I don't think it's modernistic enough to be Shostakovich or Prokofiev.

If it just wasn't so "fuzzy"!

I tried lowering the volume...to no avail :-)

Gil

budarc said...

@ Comeback

You've gotten me excited. Don't let me down now. ;)

P.S. I've got to agree with Parzival's analysis. It does sound decidedly Hans Zimmerian or Klaus Badelt-y (?). Almost like "The Pirates of the Caribbean" took a dump. (Man, we ARE getting a little too dirty for this place now...) ;)

Anonymous said...

What a fun discussion, guys!
Gillin, you're right, there are marches in that meter.
Though 3/4 and 6/8 seem to be quite the same in mathematical terms I have never fully grasped why this isn't so in music...I just know the different looks in my sequencing software...*blush*
I tried couting the music in 6/8 too, but somehow 3/4 felt better (I must be a terrible musician after all?). I just thought about Zimmer calling his Gladiator-opening a "waltz" as well, though I think 'waltz' is only one well- known example of what you can do in 3/4...the music in the Phelps-clip doesnt sound waltzy at all (neither does Gladiator's opening sequence that is).
Anyhow, Comeback Shane, I'm sure we will figure this out eventually! ;)
Maybe the bad sound quality is making the Tschaikowsky come across as Media Ventures?
Now that would be pretty bad sound indeed...:D

budarc said...

Does anyone have the 2-disc set of "The John Beal Trailer Project: Coming Soon! Previews of Coming Attractions"?

There are some hilarious Elfman-esque cues on there that I'd love to get my hands on. ;)

KevinG said...

@Parzival

A march in 6/8 will often be conducted in 2 because of the groupings and strong emphasis on counts 1 and 4, think (quickly) ONE two three FOUR five six. If it's quick your arm would fall off trying to conduct in 6.

3/4 on the other hand has it's emphasis on count one, ONE two three, ONE two three.

So while both 6/8 and 3/4 have 6 eighth notes per measure the grouping and emphasis on the beat is different, thus the different feel.

6/8 - 2 groups of 3 eighth notes
3/4 - 3 groups of 2 eighth notes

Class dismissed:)

GilinAZ said...

Kevin...somehow, I don't feel the emphasis on ONE, for this. There's no "um PAH-PAH', "um PAH-PAH" to it.
What do they call those waltzes that go "UM pah pah"?


Gil

KevinG said...

@GilinAZ

A Polka.

GilinAZ said...

Kevin....nah, doesn't sound like a polka :-)

Gil

budarc said...

Ripped fresh from the grill! (?)

Mr. Bean: The Complete Rip

(a budarc joint)


Track listing:

MR. BEAN
1. Mr. Bean Theme*
2. Cruising*
3. Cruising Cue 1*
4. Cruising Cue 2*
5. Church Choir
6. Hallelujuah
7. Cruising Reprise (Finale)*

THE RETURN OF MR. BEAN
8. Jazzy Beginnings
9. Restaurant Serenade

THE CURSE OF MR. BEAN
10. The Horror Movie*

MR. BEAN GOES TO TOWN
11. Magic Show
12. The Disco

THE TROUBLE WITH MR. BEAN
13. Time Passes*
14. Late!*

MR. BEAN RIDES AGAIN
15. End of Part 1*
16. Part 2*

MERRY CHRISTMAS, MR. BEAN
17. Merry Christmas Mr. Bean*
18. Holiday Medley
19. Mr. Bean Conducts
20. Silent Night (Mr. Bean Cuts Down the Tree)
21. Interstitial Jingle*
22. Getting Ready for Bed*
23. Carollers
24. It’s Christmas!*
25. Have You Got The Turkey On?*
26. Alone (An Explosive Ending)*

MR. BEAN IN ROOM 426
27. Bean Abroad*
28. Bean Abroad Cue 1*
29. Bean Abroad Cue 2*
30. Looking for the Bathroom*
31. Building His Own*
32. Taking a Bath*
33. Taking the Stairs*
34. Bad Oysters*
35. Nightmare*
36. Locked Out (Buck Naked)*

MIND THE BABY, MR. BEAN
37. Lost in a Crowd*
38. Ditching the Baby*
39. The Fun Fair*
40. Ditching the Baby 2*/Postman Pat
41. Retrieving the Baby*
42. The Fish*
43. Balloon Ride/Reunion (Farewell)*

DO-IT-YOURSELF, MR. BEAN
44. Frolic*
45. Auld Lang Syne, Bean-Style
46. On the Town*
47. Driving From Atop the Car*
48. The Fixer-Upper*
49. The Fixer-Upper Cue 1*
50. The Fixer-Upper Cue 2*
51. Painting the Room*
52. Danger Music*

BACK TO SCHOOL, MR. BEAN
53. Sneaky*
54. Sneaky (Reprise)*
55. Car Destroyed, Bean Crushed*

TEE OFF, MR. BEAN
56. Teed Off*
57. The Mini-Golf Adventure*
58. Hole in 3,427*

GOODNIGHT, MR. BEAN
59. The Waiting Room*
60. Falling Asleep*
61. Good Night*
62. Closing Titles*

HAIR BY MR. BEAN OF LONDON
63. In the Mailbag*

BONUS TRACKS
64. Mr. Bean Theme (Alternate)*
65. End of Part 1 (Alternate)*
66. Part 2 (Alternate)*
67. Closing Titles (Alternate)*
68. “Ecce Homo” (Album Version)*

Tracks marked with an asterisk are original compositions by Howard Goodall. All other tracks are individual set-pieces from the show, which may or may not be production music riffed on by Mr. Goodall. However, they are included here for the sake of completivity. (Is that a word?) Note that all pieces are ripped directly from the DVD main audio track (2 channels) and so may contain one or more of the following: track hiss, dialogue, sound effects, and a fairly consistent laugh/applause track. I’ve done my best to minimalize all other audio detracting from the main compositions showcased in the enclosed tracks.

Send all other complaints to the management.

KevinG said...

@GilinAZ

Actually, I read your post bass-akwards.

Maybe it's um PAH-loom-PAH?

Really, a waltz is just a dance in 3/4 time, the piece in question did not sound like a dance to me.

bistis6 said...

The piece in question is in a 3/8 time signature. Definitely Media Ventures or at least MV inspired.

Ruggo said...

@Music Students

Actually the piece in question, called "A Portion of Distortion" is, as Percy Grainger would say (actual terms he used in compositions) a "brisk woggle, fast but sturdily to the fore." There is definietly none of his famous "lingeringly slow off slightly slower."

As far as tempo, again Mr. Grainger was ahead of his time and would have said this should be conducted in 1/8 with a slight lisp to the left.

Southview212 said...

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!
To all....this is not a joke. Be aware that I recently downloaded a file from SHAREBEE. With it came a Trojan Horse and 8 virus infections. I was quick and my virus protection worked.

mel said...

@ Comeback Shane

Heavy and ponderous - conjures up in my mind a herd of elephants marching in the jungle (how corny is that?). I would say it's a pastiche cooked up by some unknown studio composer.

GilinAZ said...

Mel...yeah, only an unknown studio composer would come up with something like that...ala the "sales, but no melody" syndrome :-)

Gil

searchboy said...

As a newbie, I decided to ask for a soundtrack last evening. I didn't really expect to get a response but I figured that I could only ask. Damn, less than 24 hours later I had two responses. I couldn't believe it. You people have renewed my faith in human nature. Maybe we are not all headed to hell in a handbasket. Thank you so very much. You truly made my day.

Rebecca said...

@Ruggo

Thank you very much!

RonH said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lohit said...

The Constant Gardener plzzz
Alberto Iglesias

sorei said...

@lohit

just loooking for a few minutes:

constant gardener - Iglesias @192

http://rapidshare.com/files/71660700/nepohodlny_up_by_cotync.rar

PW: cotync

1. Tessa's Death (2:15)
2. Roadblock I (2:40)
3. To Germany (3:23)
4. Tessa In The Bath (4:12)
5. Jomo Gets An HIV Test (1:00)
6. Dicholo, Ayub Ogada (3:14)
7. We'll Both Be Dead By Christmas (2:37)
8. Motorbike (1:07)
9. To Airport (2:34)
10. Funeral (2:22)
11. Three Bees Testing (3:10)
12. Sandy Goes To The Hospital (1:36)
13. Khothbiro, Ayub Ogada (5:34)
14. Justin Returns To The House (3:17)
15. Raid (5:21)
16. Destruction (2:00)
17. To Loki (1:15)
18. Kindergarten (3:36)
19. Hospital (3:00)
20. Kenny Curtis (3:00)
21. Landing In Sudan (1:58)
22. Justin's Breakdown (3:46)
23. Justin's Death (3:24)
24. Dropped Off At Turkana (2:30)
25. Roadblock II (3:30)
26. Procession (1:40)

as usual not my rip/link, thx to the original uploader (link is working)

best wishes
sorei

filmpac said...

@ southview - I assume the file you downloaded was an EXE file, right? Welcome to the internet, these sort of things are a fact of life. It's not Sharebee's fault.

@ all the oompah-loompahs - I have absolutely no idea what that whole convo was about, but you all seem to be enjoying yourselves far too much. Cease and desist now before the fun police are called in ;)

lohit said...

Thankyou Sorei .........

mel said...

@ Southview212

Many thanks for The Redeemer, plus Raksin's reflections.

I'm very grateful to get this material.

Quite a celebration of Raksin in the past few days, no?

KevinG said...

@Ruggo

If I remember correctly from Music History class, after corrective surgery to remove the lisp, Grainger decided it was easier to conduct this piece lying flat on his back, kicking his feet wildly, or "free tempo".

It's an unknown fact that Phelps studied this technique, thus improving his chances in the Olympics.

If you have "brisk woggles" in your yard, I would suggest an exterminator.

Southview212 said...

@ Filmpac - the Trojan Horse came with a pop-up.

@ mel - I am really happy that the Raksin material I sent was to your liking. I've had the Raksin items for quite a long time and now I'm able to share my material with others. I am feeling fulfilled by sharing. I know I have similar items on the shelves somewhere (different composers), I just have to dig it out.

Anonymous said...

@ KevinG & bistis6

Thank you for both broadening and confusing my understanding of meters.
Now I only need someone explaining those 21/19 thing from Brian Tyler's THE HUNTED score...;)
All I know is, if it was 7/8 instead, it'd sound like Goldsmith, but I also love the idea of conducting it in 1/8...

@ music class mates, marching boys and polka pals

In light of our equally enlightening as absurd discussion, I have allowed myself to provide an all-too fitting upload to conclude our oompah-loompah-seminar.
Here are some fun excerpts from "The Millennium Concert" performed by the Philharmonic State-Orchestra of Hamburg under the baton of Ingo Metzmacher.

Humorous highlights include:
-Marches # 10 & 4 from Maurizio Kagel's "10 Marches to miss victory"
-Stravinsky's 'Circus Polka'
-Ravel's 'La Valse'
-Hindemith's well-tempered 'Rag Time'
-a polka by Shostakovich
-a waltz by Katshaturian
-and the Ewok-march by Prokofiev ;)

all in glorious

3
2
0
http://rapidshare.com/files/208765378/oompah-loompah-secial.rar

Go Oompah! :D

lokna said...

Please Trovaoli, soundtrack Casanova 70. I can't say "thank you" nearly enough for Vic Mizzy

GilinAZ said...

Mel...speaking of Raksin, just wondered if you (or anybody) has a copy of "Forever Amber". I remembwer there was an old LP which had Tiomkin's "Duel In The Sun", on one side and "Forever Amber" on the other...however, I don't think it was the complete score.

Anybody have a complete?

Gil

GilinAZ said...

Parzival...you forgot the "polka", from "The Age Of Gold", by Shostakovich :-). It has a good meter, but strange melody.

Gil

GilinAZ said...

Parzifal...oh..that must the "polka", by Shostakovich. Guess I didn't notice it, before.

Gil

Comeback Shane said...

I no longer understand the language you gents are speaking, but God bless you all for trying to help me!

Here's a little something i whipped up in light of the latest Pee-Wee craze around here. It's music stuff taken from all sources Pee-Wee. His shows, his specials, his movies, etc. etc. etc.

If you wonder how some of the songs fit in, just ask. Budarc especially, I think you're bound to like this one. I'm pretty good at isolating sounds, but i don't knwo how you must've done it with that great post YOU made. I hope you find the desire to do more!

I'm sure you'll find mislabeled tracks, possible doubles, and other strange errors, but it's so seldom I get to share anything you guys don't have, that I just wanted to get this out there quick. And I'm sure i have more to add to this but my comp. is a mess right now. That'll be a seperate download.

I hope you all enjoy!

Various Pee-Wee Herman Material -

http://rapidshare.com/files/208762683/Pee-Wee.rar

Ruggo said...

@KevinG

Thank you for adding to the Percy Grainger Book Of Obscure Lore.

You are absolutely right regarding his favored position in which to conduct. In fact, it came to be known as the "Michaelangelo Flop."

And, as you pointed out by Michael Phelps' methodology, Grainger's influence in the sports world was immense: hence the eventual naming of the Fosbury Flop.

Please do not concern yourself regarding my current infestation of "brisk woggles," I find they are easily tamed by continued application of recorded mating calls from Myron Florin and the Lawrence Welk Orchestra.

Ruggo said...

@GilinAz

Here's the Raksin you requested. It's on Varese and was conducted by Alfred Newman.

FOREVER AMBER
DAVID RAKSIN

http://rapidshare.com/files/208779598/David_Raksin_-_Forever_Amber.rar

KevinG said...

@Ruggo

Ah, so it is the "Short-haired, overly excited Northern" species of "brisk woggle" you are infested with. Yes, they are prone to fall over dead, or go comatose, when faced with the sounds of an accordion. Easily handled, just poke them with a big conductors baton.

KevinG said...

Did I mention Spring Break starts in just a few short hours?

GilinAZ said...

Thanks, Ruggo!

Gil

GilinAZ said...

I don't remember the composer, but back in the 1950's, when I was a member of the Arizona State University symphonic band, we played a number called "Auto Accident", wherein a sheet of plate glass was broken at the end :-).

Oh...and don't forget Ernst Toch's "Circus Overture", where a bull whip is used. I believe there is an old Kostalanetz LP recording of this.

Gil

KevinG said...

@Ruggo

I've gone off the deep end it seems.

Thanks very much for the latest Raskin!

@GilinAZ

Don't forget about Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture that calls for actual canons. I've performed it that way, it's a blast.

Deep end.

Tlkjwe said...

@ MaD,
@ pagemaster65:
You guys are just phenomenally!
Now I have a FLAC and an APE version, I feel like being on cloud nine ;)
I mean --- how cool is this?
Thanks a million, fellows!!!

GilinAZ said...

Kevin...back in the 1950's, I sent in a question to a music-discussion forum, on the radio. The moderator asked the question "Which of Tchaikowsky's works uses a cannon"? They couldn't answer, because they thought he meant "canon" (which is a musical form):-).

Gil

budarc said...

@ Comeback

Thanks for the Pee-wee stuff. It's downloading right now. Knowing Rapidshare, it should take about 2 hours. ;)

The Pee-wee stuff I posted was collected from all over the place; I got the theme from one of those Television's Greatest Hits collections; the Danny Elfman stuff from Music for a Darkened Theatre Vol. 2; and the lone Mark Snow track off the Snow Files. My sole contribution was the rip of the theme song (in full) and two versions of the end theme which I got from the first volume of the DVD. As much as I'd love to go through the entire series and extract every piece of wacky music that was written, I don't think it's possible to get it as good a quality as the released versions... That is, until I review your collection, which I expect will hold many treasures of its own!

Since no one else seems to care about this stuff, I just want to point out that the end titles theme to Pee-wee's Playhouse is one of my favorite compositions ever. For the longest time I thought it was written by Danny Elfman, but both themes (main and end) are actually composed by Mark Mothersbaugh. Just in case anyone is at all interested.

That Mr. Bean rip was a big pain in the ass all on its own. I worked on it for a long time, to the point that I'm just about happy with it. At least, it's the best I can ever expect to get (I'm not about to start another worthless petition). I should send the thing to Howard Goodall, just for the hell of it. :P

Isbum said...

Re-up for Jim.

"The Jazz Soul of Doctor Kildare" 1962 Lp @320
by
Harry Betts

http://rapidshare.com/files/208845044/HB_Jazz_Soul_of_Dr.zip

Info:
During the late '50s and early '60s, Betts was also closely associated with Choreo/AVA Records, for which he recorded his only album, The Jazz Soul of Doctor Kildare, in 1962, which featured a band of West Coast luminaries including Jack Sheldon, Milt Bernhart, Bud Shank, and Bill Perkins.

budarc said...

@ Comeback

I just opened the RAR. Wow, that's a lot of good shit, man! I look forward to exploring all of it while at work tonight. Because, really, what better time to listen to all this stuff than at work, right? ;P

Comeback Shane said...

@budarc

You're very welcome sir! I was raised on Pee-Wee (even met him once!) and when the dvd's came out I just had to make some mp3's of the best songs I remembered. I must've played 'Pee-Wee's Yodel' a million times by now! A couple years back reeeally late at night on NBC they aired the full episode of Pee-Wee hosting Saturday Night Live and I taped it and coulda sworn I made an mp3 of him singing "Sex Machine" and now I can't find it! That was one of the real jewels I wanted to include here but I'm gonna have to dig up the VHS and just do it again.

And that's very interesting to know how you did acquire those playhouse tracks you had. I had no idea they were ever released like that!

BTW, my fav. episode ever is the next to the last episode of the show. The balloon scene just kills me. If I love it so much why don't I marry it? I don't know, WHY DON'T I?

Deep end here too.

Prospero said...

Saturday Night Special:

Early, but it has to be Saturday somewhere!

One Man Jury -- Morton Stevens

@320

Quinlan - do not list.

Isbum said...

@ Prospero - Is their a verdict on the link?

gremlin said...

Is Marco Beltramis Knowing ready for a sns yet?

KevinG said...

Now Sold Out, Intr@d@ Special Collection:

The Way West-Bronislau Kaper

http://rapidshare.com/files/208929448/TheWayWest.zip


Covers in the artwork department.

My Rip @320

KevinG said...

@All

I've just got to say, this has got to be the best soundtrack blog on the planet, but that's just me.

Thanks Isbum.

Isbum said...

Saturday Night Special - Requests

"Damn the Defiant!" stereo @320
by Clifton Parker

"Due Rrringos Nel Texas" 1967
by Carlo Savina

Prospero said...

RE: One Man Jury

The jury foreman was snoozing during the deliberations, and forgot to include the link.

He shall beheld in contempt.

Now, here's the link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/208899430/MS_OMJ.rar

Request a recess, your honor...

Elias said...

My onw CDrip:

George Fenton-1997-Ever After(320):

01. Ever After Main Title
02. Cinerella
03. Utopia
04. Girls, the Prince and the Painting
05. Rescuing Maurice
06. Homecoming
07. Walking on Water
08. Market
09. Trying to Relate
10. Your Highness-What a Surprise - Texas
11. First Kiss
12. Marguerite
13. Ruins
14. Going to the Ball
15. Prince's Decision
16. Danielle's Wings
17. Glass Slipper
18. Royal Wedding
19. Proposal
20. Sweet Revenge
21. Happily Ever After
22. Put Your Arms Around Me

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OVQRJ9XL

GilinAZ said...

Does anyone have the soundtrack for "The Informer", by Alfred Newman?


Gil

Elias said...

Request:

Michel Legrand-1970-THE GO BETWEEN

Please, guys, I need this soundtrack.

Thank you in advance.

GSW said...

@Prospero - Happy trails and thank you for THE WAY WEST.

@Southview212 - Great share with the Raksin and BAND OF ANGELS. Thank you very much.

@Elias - "...and I lived happily EVER AFTER." Thank you.

For those of you who think LIFE IS A BANQUET, here's a morsal to enjoy.

AUNTIE MAME- Bronislau Kaper (15@320) This is the Soundtrack Library bootleg. Tracks 1-7 are the mono recording sessions and tracks 8-15 are the stereo LP tracks.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/g5jf28

Not my rip. Much thanks to the original uploader.

Enjoy!! Don't wanna see no starvin' to death.

Jim Barg said...

Kevin, thanks for Honey, I Shrunk The Kids.

Here are three SNS requests, if possible:
John Debney's Cutthroat Island. (If this has been shared recently, then I apologize. The links on the spreadsheet are no longer good.)

The first two volumes of Murray Gold's Doctor Who soundtracks, I inadvertently deleted my copies.

Thanks, and extra special thanks go to Isbum and the crew for making this blog a great place.

gremlin said...

@kidflash

http://rapidshare.com/files/66116821/Doctor_Who_-_Original_Murray_Gold_Television_Soundtrack_-_2007_-_HQ320k___Full_Artwork.part1.rar


http://rapidshare.com/files/66132407/Doctor_Who_-_Original_Murray_Gold_Television_Soundtrack_-_2007_-_HQ320k___Full_Artwork.part2.rar


http://rapidshare.com/files/69506745/3rd_Series_OST.rar


I got these from another alternate universe,

gremlin said...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/min8zf


and a different link for the first one.

gremlin said...

http://rapidshare.com/files/63914002/Doctor_Who_Series_One_Bootleg_Soundtrack_2005_-_Composed_by_Murray_Gold.zip


the series one boot.

Ruggo said...

@kidflash

JOHN DEBNEY
CUTTHROAT ISLAND
(Expanded @320 kps)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PAIX6IYM

budarc said...

@ Comeback

You have outdone me, my friend. I just listened to the bulk of the material you have compiled, and I must say I am impressed. There's a fair amount of great material here, including many songs from the series, movie and the HBO special, too! I especially enjoyed the interview, which I had not heard before. Thanks again for the blast from the past! :)

@ me

Here's a little reminder/placemark for me when I get home: Download "Ever After" and "Honey, I Shrunk The Kids." Thanks, Elias and KevinG!

Jim Barg said...

@gremlin and @ruggo: Wow! That was fast. A hat-tip of thanks to you both.

GSW said...

@KevinG - Thank you for "6500 Kids".

@MaD - Thank you for "Behold! The Damn Defiant Pale Horse".

Isbum said...

@ MaD - I needed a good old fashioned sea-faring adventure score and thank you for it!

boogiepop said...

@MaD:

I just wanted to let you know that this Beneath Promo Score by John Frizzell is a fake. It's not the score from the movie.

Isbum said...

Wasn't Frizzell's "Primeval" score passed around as being Howard Shore's rejected music from Peter Jackson's "King Kong" back in '06?

boogiepop said...

Yes and this one is a fake too. It's actually Gustaf Grefberg's score for the video game "The Darkness". I've seen the movie and compared this promo to the music in the film and it is definitely not the same. Even the track names make no sense at all.

seasy said...

Many of you will be familiar with the excellent masters DVD of Jerry Goldsmith conducting The River Wild.
Are there any other similar videos around??
I thought I recalled reading about a Herrmann one but have never been able to verify that.

Be interested to know about any.
Best regards to all.
SEASY

mel said...

@ Southview212

When you've dug them out, I'd be most interested to hear which similar items of different composers you have on your shelves.

Thanks!

gremlin said...

@kid flash

not a problem my friend I love these cds , you will really like the series one boot. I especially enjoy the first few cues that has the upbeat theme (as played on the tv show) for Rose as she and the doctor are running around.

Victor said...

Hi Again

I'm looking for The Greatest Show on Earth by victor young.Does anyone have this soundtrack?

One more request

Does anyone have Superman the movie lp by john williams?

Thanks a lot...
Thank you in advance.

:)))

MaD said...

@boogiepop

Thanks for this info, I didn't know

boogiepop said...

@MaD:
No problem. They fooled me too at first ;-)

Sysel said...

Looking for Patrick Doyle's Nouvelle France. Just saw the covers in the Artwork Department. Please if someone has it, I would be grateful.

JADSTERSDAD said...

@Southview212

How are you doing? I'm enjoying the Rachel Portman scores you shared last month very much. Renewed thanks.

I noticed that you mentioned having 'Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit (with bonus Storyteller tracks)' but didn't post. Is is possible to put that one up?

Did you catch my request about the Smeaton?

all best

J

John James said...

I'll 2nd that KevinG

Southview212 said...

@ JADSTERSDAD - Hello. I did catch your Smeaton requests. I'll get them out. All I need is time. Thanks for your patience.

«Oldest ‹Older   201 – 400 of 1189   Newer› Newest»