@Josh, glad I could help. =) and indeed, this is a great community.
Yay, I can now post my sns!
repost of my (sns) requests...
The Ugly Truth by Aaron Zigman (I know is not out, just throwing it out there in advance. :P)
Also looking for:
Cumbia Callera OST Dance Flick OST Miss March OST Fired Up OST
For a friend... she's looking for Golden Earrings by Victor Young (1947).
Here's the tracklist...
01. Prelude 02. Escape and lament 03. By the river 04. Gypsy camp 05. Love theme and Gypsy dance 06. Finale 07. Three coins in the fountain (Bonus Track)
It was part of Great Movie Themes (GMT 60050) cd, released in Italy.
Perhaps a better idea, as you are requesting musical soundtracks, would be take a trip over to the other shop, Golden Age Of Hollywood. You may find some of these there.
Request- Red Shoes Music From the Films of Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger Odds Against Tomorrow (1959) (18 Track Version)
AEI 3104 Hollywood: The Post-war Years 1946 - 1949 The Bandit of Sherwood Forest Hugo Friedhofer Time Out of Mind Miklos Rozsa A Double Life Miklos Rozsa Force of Evil David Raksin
Murder And Mayhem - Great Horror Scores From Hollywood's Golden Age Marvellous Film World Of Bernard Herrmann, The - Vol.2 Soundtrack Factory/Disconforme SFCD 33561 Rebecca/THE 39 STEPS (1935)/SABOTAGE(1936)/YOUNG AND INNOCENT(1937)
Here's an ongoing file of stuff including Themes and opening scenes from -
A Man Alone (1955) Victor Young Bugles in the Afternnoon (1952) Dimitri Tiomkin Bullwhip (1958) Leith Stevens Drum beat (1954) Victor Young From Hell to Texas (1958)Daniele Amfitheatrof Montana (1950) David Buttolph Siege at Red River (1954) Lionel Newman Tall Man Riding (1955) Paul Sawtell The Outcast (1954) R.Dale Butts The Road to Denver (1955) R Dale Butts They Rode West (1954) Paul Sawtell Timberjack (1955) Victor Young, Ned Washington
*Le Hérisson by Gabriel Yared *The Prince And The Pauper by Erich Wolfgang Korngold (Tribute Film Classics) *Sebastian by Jerry Goldsmith (Harkit Records) *Black widow/ Good morning, Miss Dove by Leigh Harline (Intrada)
Victor Young's recording of his music from Golden Earrings is available at the Big 10-Inch Record. This is a rip from the original vinyl release that also includes For Whom the Bell Tolls.
Okay, I am clearly an Upload Moron who needs all the help he can get.
I now have a free account at MegaUpload. I was able to do at least THAT much without having my hand held. Beyond that, however, I was unable to understand how to upload music to make it available to you guys.
SO....I'm here with hat in hand, asking if someone can talk me step-by-step through the process. Talk to me like I'm six years old and don't know anything.
What do you need to know first beyond the fact that I use an iMac, and I load my music into iTunes?
You guys have been so helpful to me in finding the stuff on my want list, and I want to return the favor!
I guess that's what I'm asking, Kevin. Overall, I just need to find out how I can upload music from my collection to make it available to everyone in here. This is all new to me.
I’m going to start out the month of August with a small confession: As a writer, I would love to see my work produced for film or television..
Brought up on movies, I have always viewed my novels as cinematic in concept and excellent candidates for film treatments. I believe in interesting stories brought to life by even more interesting characters—people we can relate to and understand, people under unique pressures, fears and very real motivations, who suddenly find themselves stretched to the breaking point. My definition of a “good book” is: it’s a page turner.
My son works in the technical side of the digital film revolution and his job frequently takes him to active movie sets where he assists producers, cinematographers and directors in achieving maximum use of his company’s complex equipment. I slyly provided him a small stack of my novels and sent him off with the suggestion that he “accidently” leave one behind on each set as if he had forgotten his reading material. Who knows, maybe someone will pick up the book, give it a read and say: “Hey! This would make a damn good movie.”
I feel grateful for the constant entertainment and great friendship I have found in this community, and it is my intention to occasionally post a PDF file of one of my published novels (I’ve already posted a couple) to share with you. And if one should happen to fall in the hands of someone who knows someone who knows someone in the film industry, tell them what a great movie it will make.
This month’s contribution is “LET US DO EVIL.”
In a small, semi-isolated town, the teenagers have discovered one of the basic facts of life: It isn’t fair; and you can’t rely on the adults around you to make it so. Overwhelmed by a sense of inequality and injustice they are ripe for the charismatic leadership of a sixteen-year-old sociopath who has a solution for all of their problems: Take justice into their own hands.
I refer to this novel as “The Lord Of The Flies” meets the MTV generation. Warning, explicit material may be offensive to some readers.
LET US DO EVIL A NOVEL http://rapidshare.com/files/262344729/Let_Us_Do_Evil.pdf
Thanks for the update, glad to know I didn't mess it up the first time.
@Ruggo
I have enjoyed your writing in the past and I look forward to the new material, I'm sure it will be a page turner. Thanks for sharing your passions with us.
I will attempt to explain the process, at least this is what I do when grabbing files out of my iTunes library. The following assumes your iTunes library is located on your iMac hard drive and not an external drive.
Your iTunes music library is located here:
"Home folder"/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music
This is where the actual music files are stored, organized by artist, then album.
1. Find the album you want to share, highlight the music files and copy all of the music files in the album.
2. Create a new folder on the desktop to store the newly copied music files, mine is called Convert for example.
3. Inside this newly created folder create a new folder and give it a name to represent the album you will be sharing.
4. Open this newly named folder (it will be empty) and paste the music files into it (these are the actual music files you will be sharing).
5. Close this folder, hi-light it and right click or control click, a menu comes up, choose compress "Folder Name", this will create a zip file.
6. This zip file is what you will upload to whatever service you are using, I think you said MegaUpload.
Once uploaded, you can delete these files (they are still in iTunes, that's why we copied them)
It seems like a lot but really all of this can be done in just a few minutes once you get set up.
I don't know what bit-rate you use when importing into iTunes but your shared files will be the same.
Also, I am assuming your files are mp3 files, there may need to be separate conversion done if they are not. That is a whole different subject.
I hope this was not to confusing or complicated and I hope it helps.
Let me know if I need to clarify something or answer more questions.
Fantastic SNS so far. Finally the Embrace. Keep the good work up!
Now, I'm so happy with my collection that I'm just searching for a couple of real nuggets, mostly amazing scores that never turned up yet anywhere in any form, I think, or have been sold out long ago on LP or CD:
- Daddy's Gone A-Hunting, John Williams, 1968 - Little Ark, Fred Karlin, 1973 - Concert Works, 1951-1974, Maurice Jarre - The Stone Boy, James Horner, 1984 - Time Bandits, Mike Moran, 1981 - Weeds, Angelo Badalamenti, 1987 - The Wolves Of Willoughby Chase, 1988 - Three And Out, Trevor Jones, 2008 - Brendan et le secret de Kells, Bruno Coulais, 2008 - Drumline, John Powell, 2002 - Pluto Nash, John Powell, 2002 - The White Countess, Richard Robbins, 2005
I guess, besides these titles, I've got everything else.
As someone who has, and continues to struggle within the industry, I completely sympathize with your desires as a writer.
However, your choice of tactics for breaking into the business is problematic. At the very least, you are providing the unscrupulous with a license to steal. I've lost count of the material created by friends and associates that ultimately been produced by others without their knowledge or permission, including a movie coming out this month.
Most reputable producers will not accept unsolicited material. It leaves them open to litigation at a later date if they develop anything similar. I'm not planning anything like "Lord of the Flys for the MTV generation," but if I were, I now run the risk of being sued afterwards, even though I haven't read your piece. (I wish you the best of luck with it.)
I know, I know, you'd never do that. Stranger things happen. The film and television industry is a wonderful magical place, full of dreams and unicorns. But there are trolls under every bridge, and most sheep are actually wolves.
I don't mean to put you on the spot. Please, write, write, write. perseverance, even more than talent, is the secret to success.
Wishing you the best of luck, JonC DL Warner www.dragoncor.com
Having just recently tried my hand at this FLAC jiggery-pokery, I've signed up over at the amazing Final Fantasy Shrine forums, check out their lossless score thread.
Someone over there requested The Quiet Earth so I though I would have a go and rip/post it as a tester. Worked out OK.
I see from my initial meetings there that some folks also frequent here ;)
Big thanks, especially for Three Days Of The Condor, Day Of The Loust, The Electric Horseman, Four Days In September, and just for being your usual, wonderful self.
@ From Southview212 - Very deserving of a repeat post:
To all.... Over the past several months I have posted many of the Charles Gerhardt recordings, from CD, @320. Some have been posted here and some at other sites. To make it easy, I am re-posting all of my links once again. My apologies to those who I may have duplicated their postings.
@ writerdirectorcollector - First off, how about "WDC" as your handle? lol :)) A fella who used to go by Gunshotwound (now GSW) is getting the MGM BOX ready for posting. Shouldn't be long now.
The Bernstein box is still in-print and would be welcome as a SNS. The upload time may take a weekend. ;)
@ WDC - Thanks man! I was half-kidding when I said that!
The MGMBOX is incredible, you'll see when it get's here.
I'm not in the industry. Although, sort of a "Zelig" like character who has been near the industry and it's celebrities over the years I worked in upscale hotels.
Card carrying member of "The Name Droppers Union" until I couldn't keep up with the yearly dues. ;)
OK...in the "Red Shoes" score, track 3 is "Heart Of Fire", Track 13 is "The Red Shoes Ballet", by Brian Easdale. Is there any indication that he also composed "Heart Of Fire"?
A quick thank you to Southview212 for the Raksin. There are others I need to thank and will do so. Currently I am wrapped up in getting the huge MGM Treasury ready for posting, which I am aiming to post Tuesday if everything goes well.
@WDC - Hang in there buddy. It is on it's way, I promise. Glad you shortened your name. So much easier to address you.
@ ms boricua - Thanks for the "present", I'm not really a surfer (except of the internet), more of a surf bum ;)
@ josh - You mention that now you have figured out dbPowerAmp, "here are two of my previous shares @320". Danger, warning, you might know this already but just in case. Don't convert a lesser bitrate to 320, it will sound exactly the same (and perhaps even worse), just take up more space. I don't think you have, just wanted a clear heads-up.
@ gillinaz - No release for "Charge At Feather River", except for a track on a Steiner compilation. Soundtrack Collector remains an outstanding source on official score releases. Soundtrack Collector <---
@ claudio faber - You said "I guess, besides these titles, I've got everything else". Really?
@ isbum - Endless Bummer? You never cease to amaze bud :)
As I read it, Easdale wrote, arranged & conducted the whole thing, except The Red Shoes ballet, which he wrote, but Sir Thomas Beecham, with the RPO were employed for this bit.
N@tional Public R@dio: Milest0nes of the Millenium-- Music in Film. A good sampler of composers. Features classic recordings by Korngold, Bernstein, Barry, Williams,Waxman, Newman, etc.
Ok, I don't know if anyone wants, this but I figured I'd share it anyways, since I had it around. I'm also pretty sure it's a SNS, though not positive.
The Bishop's Wife Hugo Friedhofer 320 kbps http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VZH9V4LZ
Quick question - what's a good free, non-limited, converter from FLAC to mp3? Sorry, space is an issue for me, and I'm never using fancy enough speakers to justify the space for 'lossless'.
@OST Troll - In addition to the converter Ms Boricua spoke of, here is another that I use which works very well for me. Koyote Converter It is free and the C-Net site has tons of free programs for downloading.
Thank you to everybody who makes our SNS a big success each week and to everyone who fill our homes with music all during the week. I don't download everything but there are choices for all taste. Keep up the good work everybody.
A few special thanks to: @isbum - Icecastles; 3 Days Condor; Elec Horseman/Bobby Deerfield; Skt Riders; Paper Moon; Bonnie & Clyde. And also for being a great friend to us all and running a tight ship.
@Big Rozsa - Your Nascinbene shares
@Josh - Mission to Mars; Third Miracle
@Ms Boricua - Woodstock
@Myrthuen - Shoes Fisherman; Sex Single Girl/Chapman Report
@Araminta18 - Bishop's Wife. A great upgrade!!
@filmpac - W.C. Field & Me and for your continued passion of LPs and sharing them with us.
@Southview212 - Supreme Gerhardt shares and everything else you delight us with.
To make this perfectly clear - you don't ask for the Silva cheat album. You look for the real stuff with the missing trumpet, yes? I don't want to bother Maurizio without a proper reason.
@ claudio - Yes, absolutely, you got it right. Looking for the 16-track Japanese LP, NOT the Silva expanded release. Thanks to you & Maurizio, a week or two would be aces :)
@ GilinAZ - I posted this at another site a while back. If you didn't happen to stumble across it, I'm reposting it here. Max Steiner compilation. All the tracks are taken from acetates.
That's cool. One of my favorite - favorite overlooked - Legrands. And "Windmills" of course, Original LP, it's re-issue, but LP. I'm glad I can do something for you. Perhaps - I just saw - they are a bit dusty. I will have them cleaned sufficiently. Folks, I do have to work during the next six days, we've got peak season at the hotel. So don't expect me to be back back until friday. See you!
@ isbum Thanks for "Hotel Meina" and "Polish Wedding". Both are acoustic masterpieces.
Working on a compilation of Hollywood dream music and have come across a mystery piece.
I would love to be able to identify this very lovely, etheral music(very short 2MB download) listed on my computer as "dreamdworkns logo." I don't think it's Spielberg's Dreamworks.
To All... It's been a really great weekend, thus far. The words of thanks have been forthcoming, and I know that these words are appreciated by all who are able to share. I for one am thrilled....in fact I'm so thrilled, I'm going to share another truly rare score, heard by only a few. It's never been released or reconstructed..... the actual original score, composed by Max Steiner, for "Sergeant York". It's an acetate transfer, so there isn't any artwork or track listing..
Dear Ruggo, I couldn't identify it, but I've been a huge John Williams collector for all my life, and this is NOT the Dreamworks Logo. You can find that here:
http://mahawa.jw-music.net/mp3/mp3_index.htm
Just scroll down on the left, you can listen to it here.
I have a Mac as well, but when I upload, the process is more streamlined. 1. I just go to my "Finder" icon 2. I go to my Home folder 3. I open my Music folder 4. I find the album/CD that I want to share 5. Right click and "Compress". This creates a zip copy right next to the original. After uploading, I delete the zip.
Thanks now go out to:
@ Jeffrey Scott Arnold for Brainstorm @ NanM for Runaway @ Myrthuen for Fisherman @ isbum for Bonnie and Moon
∆∆∆ request ∆∆∆
I just saw "Coraline" - frakkin' awesome - anyone have the score or has this been shared previously?
Thanks for the warning on bit rates. Seeing as I am using dBpoweramp, is there a way to find out what the original bit rate is on a CD so as not to increase bit rate needlessly. Any info on the subject would be greatly appreciated.
There are some great shares this SNS, thanks to all!!
There is a really nice sparse sounding theme that runs through this score opposite the more action oriented cues. Got to love a story about brothers. Enjoy!!
Welcome to Araminta18, PR Deltoid & Ashley M ! You might have been here previously, but I took notice today.
Also to our newest member, WDC! ;)
@ Wild - Sorry, I sold the Curt $obel promos for a little $. The tide goes out as quick as it comes in here. If you see something from me, ask fast and I'll try my hand at Flac'n things up for you. :) And thanks for being a fab sharer!
Many thanks for re-posting O'Horten. I've listened to a track posted on a German website for a few weeks and it's stuck with me. Never managed to get hold of the complete score though.
@ josh: Thanks for offering The Third Miracle @ 320! I love this score and wondered if you can share it @ lossless bitrate (flac, ape, ...)?
I would appreciate it enormously, furthermore I would like to ask you if you have a scanner. These covers are a long-time request from me @ The Artwork Department.
Thanks for any help, man! ;)
@ Ms Boricua: Does your Adam archive include any covers? Or just the same front/back which you can find here: http://thecrimelounge3.blogspot.com/search/label/Christopher%20Lennertz Searching for the whole set...better front/back would be appreciated, too ;)
@Tlkjwe: You asked about Semishigure. I have it if you want the one scored by Taro Iwashiro (imdb.com lists at least 2 other films/TV-series by that name). Uploading may take a while since I'm not at home at the moment. Maybe I can manage to upload it until next Saturday if that is ok with you.
I have to add to my wishlist Maurizio's own wishlist - who's going to rip the Legrands next weekend, by the way! In any form, something from below could make us Italians VERY happy:
- STORIA DI UNA DONNA - John Williams (1970) - TINTORERA - Basil Poledouris (1978) - THE REFLECTING SKIN - Nick Bicat (1990) - FILM MUSIC MASTERWORKS: ALAN SILVESTRI - City Of Prague (2006) - FUZZ - Dave Grusin (1973) - THE WALTONS - The TV scores (Goldsmith, Courage, Morton) - THE MAN - Jerry Goldsmith (1972) - PURSUIT - JERRY GOLDSMITH (1972) - THE GREEN MAN - Tim Souster (1990) - LOU GRANT - Patrick Williams - cop shows like STARSKY & HUTCH, POLICE WOMAN, POLICE STORY, etc. - ...AND JUSTICE FOR ALL - Dave Grusin (1979) - BROTHER JOHN - Quincy Jones (1970) - LES MISERABLES - Jean-Claude Petit, 2000 - LE PROF - Jean-Claude Petit, 1999
- DADDY'S GONE A-HUNTING, John Williams & Dory Previn, 1968 - LITTLE ARK, Fred Karlin, 1973 - CONCERT WORKS, 1951-1974, Maurice Jarre - THE STONE BOY, James Horner, 1984 - TIME BANDITS, Mike Moran, 1981 - WEEDS, Angelo Badalamenti, 1987 - THE WOLVES OF WILLOUGHBY CHASE, 1988 - THREE AND OUT, Trevor Jones, 2008 - BRENDAN ET LE SECRET DE KELLS, 2008 - THE WHITE COUNTESS, Richard Robbins, 2005
@isbum I've been out in the kayak and only just getting back. Although your ball may be in the gutter, my name is not from the alleys but my backcountry ski binding. Thanx for posting up Endless Bummer; Glenda sounds like a girl with a "charming" personality.
@Honored General Check out Scoredaddy's site http://fanfareforcopland dot blogspot dot com/
@ms boricua, Myrthuen, scoremanscott, araminta18, chiops and southview212 Thank you for all of your generous shares
Don't let all the excitement of our Saturday Night Specials prevent you from stopping over at Ruggo and Jean's Fine House Of Compilations.
Some new stuff.
I call your attention to the fifth in the series BEYOND ADVENTURE by Budarc. This one is a two-disc collection titled "Golden Age Highlights & Classical Beginnings." Some great stuff here, both classic and classical.
Also Ruggo has posted the first of a five-volume set titled "WHEN HOLLYWOOD DREAMS." This interesting voyage though a huge sea of soundtracks finds many little islands where dreams are born. And you should know that eventually it will end up in a stormy tide of Hollywood Nightmares by the time it reaches volume 5.
Here's the track list for Vol.1
101_Dreams and Omens - Clash Of The Titans (Laurence Rosenthal) 102_Dream Ranch - The Outlaw Josey Wales (Jerry Fielding) 103_Dream Sequence - The Conversation (David Shire) 104_Dream Steet - Breakfast At Tiffany's (Henry Mancini) 105_Dream on James, You're Winning - Casino Royale (Burt Bacharach) 106_Dreams At The Savoy - Random Harvest (Paul Stothart) 107_Dreams Of The Past - The Fugitive TV (Pete Rugolo) 108_Dreamy - Return Of The Pink Panther (Henry Mancini) 109_Eve's Dream - All About Eve (Alfred Newman) 110_Here's The Dream - The Visitor (Elmer Bernstein) 111_Joseph's Dream - Far And Away (John Williams) 112_Leopard Tree Dream - Cat People (Georgio Moroder) 113_Love Dream The Awakening - THX 1138 (Lalo Schifrin) 114_My Special Dream - The Victors (Sol Kaplan) 115_Put Your Dreams Away - Lolita (Nelso Riddle) 116_Summer Dreams - Piranha (Pino Donaggio) 117_The Dream - Harlow (Nelson Riddle) 118_The Dream - The Man Who Would Be_King (Maurice Jarre) 119_The Dreamer - Virgin And The Gypsy (Patrick Gowers) 120_The Gift is a Dream - Lilith (Kenyon Hopkins) 121_Yesterday's Dream - Up The Down Staircase (Fred Karlin) 122_A Kind Of Dream - Watership Down (Mike Batt) 123_Dream of Motherhood - Rosemary's Baby (Krzysztof Komeda) 124_The Dream And End Titles - Young Winston (Alfred Ralston) 125_This Is My Dream - 12 Monkeys (Paul Buckmaster)
Thanks to both of you for trying to teach an old dog new tricks. I'm out of town for a few days, but will attempt to follow your instructions upon my return on Tuesday. And whether I'm a blazing success or a screaming failure, I will definitely let you know!
Could have done more than five, but wanted to do different front covers for each one rather than repeat the same one like most series. Backs are same background, but each a different shade. Having almost as much fun doing the covers as assembling the music. Consider it frosting on the cake. I've been learning as I go.
@ Ms Boricua.... Hi there. I've only been around here for a short time so I'm a tad confused as where I may have known you before. Please remind this absent-minded old git. ;>)
---------------------------- @ isbum.... Thanks for your kind words, mate. You may have noticed that I kept in the track title spelling errors as listed on the album covers.
Was wondering if anyone had the soundtrack to "The Notorious Bettie Page"? Some great songs and some really great period jazz. Saw it on IFC and really enjoyed it....
I am using dBpoweramp; let me see if I can figure out how to rip lossless. I believe there is an option for FLAC. Do you need the cover for The Third Miracle? Let me know, I thought it was included with the rar file, maybe I do not know poweramp as well as I thought..lol.
Thanks everyone for your shares this SNS, what a fine community.
@ josh: A lossless rip of The Third Miracle would be really fantastic! I hope you can figure out how to rip it with dBpoweramp, sure there is an option and I know there is a forum on the official site, maybe that could be useful. Otherwise I can post a guide how to rip it with EAC, but that's quite detailed and you could say a bit complicated ;)
Regarding the covers, I'm searching for HQ scans (300 dpi or more) of the whole cover set (front/back/booklet/inlay if existing). In the archive is just a tiny front, do you have the full set and a scanner around? Would be fantastic if you can help me!!!
@ chiops & everyone else interested: Here's a re-up of isbum's share Sam Spence - 0ur M@n In Munich @320: http://rapidshare.com/files/263169673/SS_OurManInMunich_pt1.zip http://rapidshare.com/files/263174799/SS_OurManInMunich_pt2.zip
Thanks to Isbum for ripping it!
@ Isbum: Do you have the artwork to the post above and could share it @ TAD? Would be really great!!!
@ boogiepop: Second wish, sorry. Do you have the full cover set (or at least front/back) of your recently shared Just Bur1ed by Darren Fung? Seeking for it...thanks!
@ boogiepop could you please kindly re-upload Kawai's Ip Man score (@320) for a couple of days, as I had problems with internet and missed the opportunity to download. Thanks in advance, I would be really grateful.
New over at Ruggo And Jean's Fine House Of Compilations:
WHEN HOLLYWOOD DREAMS VOL.2 (of 5)
Track list
201_Bambi's Dream - Bambi II (Bruce Broughton) 202_Luzhin Dreams - The Luzhin Defense (Alexandre Desplatt) 203_Fiddler Dream - The Gift (Christopher Young) 204_Dreams Of A Journey - The Piano (Michael Nyman 205_Cole's First Dream,Volunteer Duty,Topside - 12 Monkeys (Paul Buckmaster) 206_Drifting And Dreaming - The Edge Of Love (Angelo Baldamenti) 207_Ladoo Dreams - Water (Mychael Danna) 208_Sloan's Dream - Diamond Head (John Williams) 209_Papaya Dream - Papaya Dei Caribi (Stelvio Cipriani) 210_Easy Dreamer- Un Italiano In America (Piero Piccione) 211_Claire & The Dream - The babe (Elmer Bernstein) 212_Bombay Awakes - Bombay Dreams (Adam Nordén) 213_Dream Of Thee - Furia (Brian May) 214_Daydreaming - The man In The Moon (James newton Howard) 215_Dreaming - Coraline (Bruno Coulais) 216_Just A Dream Phantasm (Fred Myrow) 217_Lisa Dreams - Oscar (Elmer Bernstein) 218_Sue's Dream - Carrie (Pino Donaggio) 219_Woman of My Dreams - He Was A Quiet Man (Jeff Beal) 220_Vicky's Dream - Children Of The Corn (Jonathan Elias) 221_Rainmaker's Dream - World Without Rules (Paul Haslinger) 222_I Dream Of You - Tristan & Isolde (Anne Dudley) 223_Gelflings Meet Dreamfast - The Dark Crystal (trevor Jones) 224_Dreams Of Home - 'Tis A Pity She's A Whore (Ennio Morricone) 225_Dr. Rudolf's Dream - Youth Without Youth (Osvaldo Golijov) 226_Mitch's Dream End Title - An Unfinished Life (Deborah Lurie)
I've been seriously remiss in my thank yous of late (and I was out of town this weekend) so...
Thank you to:
@Ms Boricua for Were the World Mine, Chess in Concert, Funny People and Arthur
@fpalafox for The Amityville Horror
@Isbum for Pink Panther Strikes Again, Three Days of the Condor, Hurry Sundown, The Day of the Locust and The Electric Horseman/Bobby Deerfield
@J.D. for Runaway Train and G.I. Joe
@Ruggo for Band of Brothers
@JM's Enterprise for Inchon (may have already thanked you for this, but hey)
@Southview212 for Land of the Lost, Murder on the Orient Express and especially for Drumline and Pluto Nash (Had one track from Drumline for forever, so it's nice to have the whole thing. Actually saw the movie the theater.)
@Wild for The Field
@jerseydevil for Frankie Starlight
@josh for Red Dawn
And finally @Jeffrey Scott Arnold for the great Jerry Goldsmith documentary. And a post-dated thanks for the Williams documentary which I haven't watched yet.
@ Madman - Thanks for posting "Road Games"! I really appreciate it!
@ Tlkiwe - Sam Spence was a cd I had prior to the opening of FilmJay's Artwork Department. I was only scanning front & back covers up until then. I have those if they weren't in the download already. They come with a cat hair that I should have cleaned off from the glass before I scanned them. ;)
anonymousremains....the last track of "Suddenly" is defective. Any chance of rectifying it?
Also...concerning "The Charge At Feather River", by Max Steiner. The middle section of the track is the music I remember...sounds almost like an Indian War Chant Does anyone know if Steiner took it from one of these? The theme is very memorable.
Thanks for Gutterb@lls! However, should clarify who Gianni Rossi really is - from imdb.com:
"Ryan Nicholson's outrageous sex 'n' gore flick Gutterb@lls was one of last year's love-it-or-hate-it cult offerings. Basically a spot-on homage to the '80s slasher formula, spiced up with hardcore porn (or softcore, depending on the DVD release version), it helped capture an authentic low-budget retro vibe thanks to a blend of cheesy '80s pop-rock (including songs from Canadian band Harlequin) and a groovy Euro-style synth score by the so-called "Gi@nni Rossi" – in reality a pseudonym for Steve M00re, one-half of the legendary Philadelphia prog-rock duet Zombi."
@All - I think all of these have been shared seperately but I am posting them as a complete set. These are not my rips. A big thank you goes to Southview212 and isbum. This set would not be complete without them.
The MGM Soundtrack Treasury (12 discs)
The Apartment-Adolph Deutsch / The Fortune Cookie-André Previn (@320) Disc 1 download <--
How to Murder Your Wife-Neal Hefti / Duel at Diablo-Neal Hefti (@320) Disc 2 download <--
The Russians are Coming, The Russians are Coming-Johnny Mandel / The Fugitive Kind-Kenyon Hopkins (@320) Disc 3 download <--
A Rage to Live-Nelson Riddle / Goodbye Again-Georges Auric (@320) Disc 4 download <--
Laurie Johnson-The New Avengers (1976) Edsel EDSD 2027/1 CD rip @ 320
This is only disc one of a 3 CD set but the other discs were stage & concert works. I thought someone here would be fine with having the orig. tracks to the TV series:
1,799 comments:
1 – 200 of 1799 Newer› Newest»Nice race to 1400 posts last month folks! You almost did it!
Welcome to August 2009 at FranklyYes!
Let those SNS rip!
Also - As usual, if you want to re-post anything that you recently posted to give everyone a 2nd shot at getting them ...GO for IT! :))
Come in Sidney, Japan, Antalya, Warsaw, Voorburg and Wendell California!
We're baaaaack! ;)
@Isbum, lmao!
@Josh, glad I could help. =) and indeed, this is a great community.
Yay, I can now post my sns!
repost of my (sns) requests...
The Ugly Truth by Aaron Zigman (I know is not out, just throwing it out there in advance. :P)
Also looking for:
Cumbia Callera OST
Dance Flick OST
Miss March OST
Fired Up OST
For a friend... she's looking for Golden Earrings by Victor Young (1947).
Here's the tracklist...
01. Prelude
02. Escape and lament
03. By the river
04. Gypsy camp
05. Love theme and Gypsy dance
06. Finale
07. Three coins in the fountain (Bonus Track)
It was part of Great Movie Themes (GMT 60050) cd, released in Italy.
Any help is very much appreciated!
@ Ms Boricua - Whew! That was a close one! I almost picked up "The Present" for Filmpac the other day.
He surfs, you see.
Blaaaahahaha! The NET! ;)
@ Javier
Perhaps a better idea, as you are requesting musical soundtracks, would be take a trip over to the other shop, Golden Age Of Hollywood. You may find some of these there.
@ Mel - Yeah, that's the ticket!
I kind of thought Javier was looking for the movie versions too.
You one smart cookie, Mel. ;)
Thee?! How British of me. :P j/k
I meant "The".
Request-
Red Shoes Music From the Films of Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger
Odds Against Tomorrow (1959) (18 Track Version)
AEI 3104 Hollywood: The Post-war Years 1946 - 1949
The Bandit of Sherwood Forest Hugo Friedhofer
Time Out of Mind Miklos Rozsa
A Double Life Miklos Rozsa
Force of Evil David Raksin
Murder And Mayhem - Great Horror Scores From Hollywood's Golden Age
Marvellous Film World Of Bernard Herrmann, The - Vol.2
Soundtrack Factory/Disconforme SFCD 33561 Rebecca/THE 39 STEPS (1935)/SABOTAGE(1936)/YOUNG AND INNOCENT(1937)
Frank Loesser Hans Christian Andersen (1952)
@RUGGO
Thanks for A DOUBLE LIFE.
Here's an ongoing file of stuff including Themes and opening scenes
from -
A Man Alone (1955) Victor Young
Bugles in the Afternnoon (1952) Dimitri Tiomkin
Bullwhip (1958) Leith Stevens
Drum beat (1954) Victor Young
From Hell to Texas (1958)Daniele Amfitheatrof
Montana (1950) David Buttolph
Siege at Red River (1954) Lionel Newman
Tall Man Riding (1955) Paul Sawtell
The Outcast (1954) R.Dale Butts
The Road to Denver (1955) R Dale Butts
They Rode West (1954) Paul Sawtell
Timberjack (1955) Victor Young, Ned Washington
http://rapidshare.com/files/262452708/Hollywood_Westerns-1950s.rar
Some SNS request:
*Le Hérisson by Gabriel Yared
*The Prince And The Pauper by Erich Wolfgang Korngold (Tribute Film Classics)
*Sebastian by Jerry Goldsmith (Harkit Records)
*Black widow/ Good morning, Miss Dove by Leigh Harline (Intrada)
A lot of thanks
@ stereoelf: A lot of thanks.
Perhaps do you have the artwork?. Thanks in any way
The Red Shoes - original soundtrack recording.
Not my rip. I got it a few months ago from one of the plethora of soundtrack sites that
are/were out there...so a big thabk you to the original uploader of these files.
mp3 @ 320kbps
http://rapidshare.com/files/262473606/The_Red_Shoes.zip
Original did not come with artwork so I have made may own from whats available.
http://rapidshare.com/files/262494154/The_Red_Shoes_Scans.zip
Robert
Hi all,
I have two requests:
-Sex and the single girl/The chapman report(FSM)
-Cross creek(Intrada)
Very thanks for your help!..
Enjoy!
@mabrizuela
No covers yet I'm afraid.
@isbum
Many thanks for the Endless Bummer soundtrack.
@ Ms Boricua,
Victor Young's recording of his music from Golden Earrings is available at the Big 10-Inch Record. This is a rip from the original vinyl release that also includes For Whom the Bell Tolls.
http://big10inchrecord.blogspot.com/2009/02/victor-young-for-whom-bell-tolls-and.html
@ EVERYONE
Okay, I am clearly an Upload Moron who needs all the help he can get.
I now have a free account at MegaUpload. I was able to do at least THAT much without having my hand held. Beyond that, however, I was unable to understand how to upload music to make it available to you guys.
SO....I'm here with hat in hand, asking if someone can talk me step-by-step through the process. Talk to me like I'm six years old and don't know anything.
What do you need to know first beyond the fact that I use an iMac, and I load my music into iTunes?
You guys have been so helpful to me in finding the stuff on my want list, and I want to return the favor!
Thanks!
SNS re-request:
John Erik Kaada - O'Horten
Thanks!
@Rich
Fellow Mac user here, are you asking how to get music from your iTunes library and be able to upload and share it?
@ KevinG
I guess that's what I'm asking, Kevin. Overall, I just need to find out how I can upload music from my collection to make it available to everyone in here. This is all new to me.
I’m going to start out the month of August with a small confession: As a writer, I would love to see my work produced for film or television..
Brought up on movies, I have always viewed my novels as cinematic in concept and excellent candidates for film treatments. I believe in interesting stories brought to life by even more interesting characters—people we can relate to and understand, people under unique pressures, fears and very real motivations, who suddenly find themselves stretched to the breaking point. My definition of a “good book” is: it’s a page turner.
My son works in the technical side of the digital film revolution and his job frequently takes him to active movie sets where he assists producers, cinematographers and directors in achieving maximum use of his company’s complex equipment. I slyly provided him a small stack of my novels and sent him off with the suggestion that he “accidently” leave one behind on each set as if he had forgotten his reading material. Who knows, maybe someone will pick up the book, give it a read and say: “Hey! This would make a damn good movie.”
I feel grateful for the constant entertainment and great friendship I have found in this community, and it is my intention to occasionally post a PDF file of one of my published novels (I’ve already posted a couple) to share with you. And if one should happen to fall in the hands of someone who knows someone who knows someone in the film industry, tell them what a great movie it will make.
This month’s contribution is “LET US DO EVIL.”
In a small, semi-isolated town, the teenagers have discovered one of the basic facts of life: It isn’t fair; and you can’t rely on the adults around you to make it so. Overwhelmed by a sense of inequality and injustice they are ripe for the charismatic leadership of a sixteen-year-old sociopath who has a solution for all of their problems: Take justice into their own hands.
I refer to this novel as “The Lord Of The Flies” meets the MTV generation. Warning, explicit material may be offensive to some readers.
LET US DO EVIL
A NOVEL
http://rapidshare.com/files/262344729/Let_Us_Do_Evil.pdf
@ KevinG -
I downloaded Brothers, burnt a CD and playing it as I write this.
You have it nailed. Absolutely GREAT job, my friend!
Hi All-
a request for Aaron Copland's "Our Town"
Can anyone help point me in the right direction?
With many thanks to all of you!
Thank you.
@Southview212
Thanks for the update, glad to know I didn't mess it up the first time.
@Ruggo
I have enjoyed your writing in the past and I look forward to the new material, I'm sure it will be a page turner. Thanks for sharing your passions with us.
@ Ruggo
Thank you for sharing Let Us Do Evil with us.
Would that I were in your country where I'd perhaps be able to influence some film or television producer to consider producing it...
Hi!
Al!en N@t!0n (b00tleg or pr0m0, 40:46 m!n) (1988) (by Curt $0bel) (in h!ghest qu@lity)
http://rapidshare.com/files/256725457/CS-1988AN-fS-a.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/256727590/CS-1988AN-fS-b.zip
Isbum do you have Curt $obel's promos for "B@cktrack" and "B0dy C0unt" in lossless? If you do can you post it please!
Thank you, KevinG!
Southview212, can you upload Beltr@mi's "In The Electric Mist" in lossless, please!
@ Wild - yes....it will be here later today.
@ Myrthuen
Very thanks for "Sex and the single girl..."!!!
Enjoy!
@Rich
I will attempt to explain the process, at least this is what I do when grabbing files out of my iTunes library. The following assumes your iTunes library is located on your iMac hard drive and not an external drive.
Your iTunes music library is located here:
"Home folder"/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music
This is where the actual music files are stored, organized by artist, then album.
1. Find the album you want to share, highlight the music files and copy all of the music files in the album.
2. Create a new folder on the desktop to store the newly copied music files, mine is called Convert for example.
3. Inside this newly created folder create a new folder and give it a name to represent the album you will be sharing.
4. Open this newly named folder (it will be empty) and paste the music files into it (these are the actual music files you will be sharing).
5. Close this folder, hi-light it and right click or control click, a menu comes up, choose compress "Folder Name", this will create a zip file.
6. This zip file is what you will upload to whatever service you are using, I think you said MegaUpload.
Once uploaded, you can delete these files (they are still in iTunes, that's why we copied them)
It seems like a lot but really all of this can be done in just a few minutes once you get set up.
I don't know what bit-rate you use when importing into iTunes but your shared files will be the same.
Also, I am assuming your files are mp3 files, there may need to be separate conversion done if they are not. That is a whole different subject.
I hope this was not to confusing or complicated and I hope it helps.
Let me know if I need to clarify something or answer more questions.
@Southview212
Check your email...
Fantastic SNS so far. Finally the Embrace. Keep the good work up!
Now, I'm so happy with my collection that I'm just searching for a couple of real nuggets, mostly amazing scores that never turned up yet anywhere in any form, I think, or have been sold out long ago on LP or CD:
- Daddy's Gone A-Hunting, John Williams, 1968
- Little Ark, Fred Karlin, 1973
- Concert Works, 1951-1974, Maurice Jarre
- The Stone Boy, James Horner, 1984
- Time Bandits, Mike Moran, 1981
- Weeds, Angelo Badalamenti, 1987
- The Wolves Of Willoughby Chase, 1988
- Three And Out, Trevor Jones, 2008
- Brendan et le secret de Kells, Bruno Coulais, 2008
- Drumline, John Powell, 2002
- Pluto Nash, John Powell, 2002
- The White Countess, Richard Robbins, 2005
I guess, besides these titles, I've got everything else.
Surprise me.
@ Ms Boricua
Thanks for Funny P30Ple & @d@m!
SNS REQUEST
Th3 Hurt L0ck3r - M@rc0 B3ltr@m1 & Buck S@nd3rs
0rph@n - J0hn 0ttm@n
Al13n$ 1n Th3 @tt1ck - J0hn D3bn3y
Th3 Ug1y Truth - @@r0n Z1gm@n
Th3 Pr0p0s@1 - AAr0n Z1gm@n
G-F0rc3 - Tr3v0r R@b1n
Alright, cool guys. Thanks.
@ ruggo
As someone who has, and continues to struggle within the industry, I completely sympathize with your desires as a writer.
However, your choice of tactics for breaking into the business is problematic. At the very least, you are providing the unscrupulous with a license to steal. I've lost count of the material created by friends and associates that ultimately been produced by others without their knowledge or permission, including a movie coming out this month.
Most reputable producers will not accept unsolicited material. It leaves them open to litigation at a later date if they develop anything similar. I'm not planning anything like "Lord of the Flys for the MTV generation," but if I were, I now run the risk of being sued afterwards, even though I haven't read your piece. (I wish you the best of luck with it.)
I know, I know, you'd never do that. Stranger things happen. The film and television industry is a wonderful magical place, full of dreams and unicorns. But there are trolls under every bridge, and most sheep are actually wolves.
I don't mean to put you on the spot. Please, write, write, write. perseverance, even more than talent, is the secret to success.
Wishing you the best of luck,
JonC
DL Warner
www.dragoncor.com
Ruggo,
Thanks for sharing your novel, it sounds very interesting. (& Sorry but I'm not in the film business!)
Cheers
Ok now that I figured out dBpoweramp, here are two of my previous shares both in 320.
End of the Affair - Michael Nyman
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3KKF653A
The Third Miracle - Jan A. P. Kaczmarek
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C26H1DO8
Nyman's score is pretty minimalist but I find it really has depth.
The Third Miracle is just an uplifting choice with a little eastern european flavor. The tracks with the clapping are unique. Enjoy!!
Requests
The Shoes of the Fisherman expanded - Alex North
Star Trek III: Search for Spock - Horner
Runaway deluxe ed. (V@rase) - Goldsmith
Just wondered if anyone has ever seen a soundtrack from an old Guy Madison movie called "Charge At Feather River"?
Gil
Josh, I'm uploading Runaway for you.
Caught this on cable today and was struck by the score, wondered if anyone has it. Commercial, bootleg, promo...don't really care.
My request; Fenton's 2005 B3witched
SNS Request:
SkyRiders - Lalo Schifrin
Thanks
@KevinG
Thanks for the Last Embrace and in Flac. Great.
Having just recently tried my hand at this FLAC jiggery-pokery, I've signed up over at the amazing Final Fantasy Shrine forums, check out their lossless score thread.
Someone over there requested The Quiet Earth so I though I would have a go and rip/post it as a tester. Worked out OK.
I see from my initial meetings there that some folks also frequent here ;)
In case you don't, here's my FLAC:
John Charles : The Quiet Earth (FLAC)
My custom covers are included :)
@ Ruggo
Thanks for King Of Kings, American Anthem, and the ever illustrious and epic Bernstein Chronicles. Just fantastic brother!
@Southview212
Thanks for I Know What You Did Last Summer.
@Southview212 & Jeffrey Scott Arnold
Thanks for the Gerhardt, I'm only just now starting to discover the gloriousness of these great gems.
@Josh
Great shares, thanks for the Nyman & Kaczmarek. You're making a magnificient impression buddy. You're an inspiration and I envy you sir.
@ALL
As always, you're all marvelous. Much love and God bless.
...Oh and of course
@Isbum
Big thanks, especially for Three Days Of The Condor, Day Of The Loust, The Electric Horseman, Four Days In September, and just for being your usual, wonderful self.
God bless.
@ Josh
Hi Josh,
I'm uploading "The Shoes Of The Fisherman" for you.
:)
Here's a few scores, and a couple of movie music-related documentaries:
The M@gnificent Seven, V@rese:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V7I3QSC5
J@mes H0rner, Br@instorm:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OHV50C7L
St@r W@rs: Music by J0hn Willi@ms (1980 BBC documentary about JW):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XVEUOR67
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3IK42I6X
Jerry G0ld$mith Documentary:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B1HBSIHJ
I believe only the M@g 7 is still in print.
@ From Southview212 - Very deserving of a repeat post:
To all....
Over the past several months I have posted many of the Charles Gerhardt recordings, from CD, @320. Some have been posted here and some at other sites. To make it easy, I am re-posting all of my links once again.
My apologies to those who I may have duplicated their postings.
http://rapidshare.com/files/198069872/SunsetBlvd_CFS_nondolby.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/198837300/TheSeaHawk_nondolby_GerhardtCFS.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/259261480/TheSeaHawk-CFSofKorngold_Gerhardt_12trkDolby.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/256987956/HollywoodScreenClassics_Gerhardt.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/258573000/SpectacularWorldOfCFS_-_Gerhardt_CD.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/258853611/NowVoyagerCFSofSteiner_Gerhardt.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/258863424/ElizabethAndEssexCFSofKorngold_Gerhardt.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/258881450/SpellboundCFSofRozsa_Gerhardt.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/259180328/CaptainBlood-CFSforFlynn_Gerhardt.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/259197468/CaptainFromCastile-CFSofNewman_Gerhardt.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/261015477/LostHorizon-CFS_Tiomkin_Gerhardt.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/261030229/CloseEncounters_StarWars-CFS_JWilliams_-_Gerhardt.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/261049683/ThePrinceAndThePauper-Compilation_-_Gerhardt.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/261403407/TheEmpireStrikesBack-Williams_Gerhardt.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/261414292/ReturnOfTheJedi-Williams_Gerhardt.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/261433535/KingsRow-Korngold_Gerhardt.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/261814064/CitizenKane-CFSofHerrmann_-_Gerhardt.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/261829626/GerhardtConductsHoldridge.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/261910842/CelebratingTheClassics_various_-_Gerhardt.rar
If there are any other Gerhardt recordings you would like me to share, leave me a note, right here.
@Isbum/Southview
Thanks for the Gerhardt
@Jeffrey Scott Arnold
Thanks for the docs.
@All
>>>Request<<<
ELMER BERNSTEIN'S FILM MUSIC COLLECTION [F@M BOX 01] 12 CD's
THE MGM SOUNDTRACK TREASURY (20 Scores on 12 CD's) [F@M BOX 03]
MEGAFORCE -Jerrold Immel (1982) [MCA Records-26016021]
OFFICIAL MUSIC OF THE 23rd OLYMPIAD LOS ANGELES 1984 (V/A) [Columbia Records]
aka: Official Music Of The 1984 Games [CBS Records - Europe]
Please Help if You can, Thanks in Advance for Your time. ^•^ /
@ Claudio Faber -
Here's two of your requests. Both are commercially unreleased scores. @320 w/correct front & back artwork.
The Adventures of Pluto Nash: the Man on the Moon (score) - John Powell
http://rapidshare.com/files/262618282/AdventuresOfPlutoNash_JPowell_score.rar
Drumline (score) - John Powell
http://rapidshare.com/files/262618286/Drumline_JPowell_score.rar
@ isbum - A big thanks for re-sending the Gerhardt post.
@ writerdirectorcollector -
First off, how about "WDC" as your handle? lol :))
A fella who used to go by
Gunshotwound (now GSW) is getting the MGM BOX ready for posting.
Shouldn't be long now.
The Bernstein box is still in-print and would be welcome as a SNS.
The upload time may take a weekend. ;)
@isbum-
Sure, I think by now the regulars know what I'm about.
It's a lot quicker to type it as well. lol:))
BTW - Just wondering how many here are also in the Film Industry, and position (I don't mean the casting couch - old school albeit)?
@GSW-
Thanks, I'll be waiting patiently. Looks like there are some classic scores on that one. ^_^ /
@ WDC - Thanks man! I was half-kidding when I said that!
The MGMBOX is incredible, you'll see when it get's here.
I'm not in the industry. Although, sort of a "Zelig" like character who has been near the industry and it's celebrities over the years I worked in upscale hotels.
Card carrying member of "The Name Droppers Union" until I couldn't keep up with the yearly dues. ;)
@nanM Thanks you so much for the "Runaway" upload
@octagoproplex
I appreciate the kind words, this community has been very welcoming!!
@Myrthuen
Thanks so much for the "Shoes" upload; I can't wait to listen to it
@ Josh
By the way. You do refer to to the 2-disc F-S-M edition, right??
@ gsw - As you requested..
The 'almost' edition to the Gerhardt Classic Film Score series.... Complete artwork is at the Artwork Dept.
David Raksin Conducts His Great Film Scores.....
http://rapidshare.com/files/262638134/RaksinConductsHisGreatFilmScores.rar
@Josh
Jerry Goldsmith - Runaway (Deluxe Edition, V@rese), 320k
http://rapidshare.com/files/262631043/JG_R.zip
Covers in the usual place.
OK...in the "Red Shoes" score, track 3 is "Heart Of Fire", Track 13 is "The Red Shoes Ballet", by Brian Easdale. Is there any indication that he also composed "Heart Of Fire"?
Gil
Looking for two FSM:
Random Harvest / The Yearling ( Herbert Stothart)
The Long, Long Trailer / Forever Darling (Adolph Deutsch, Bronislau Kaper)
Thanks in advance
A quick thank you to Southview212 for the Raksin.
There are others I need to thank and will do so. Currently I am wrapped up in getting the huge MGM Treasury ready for posting, which I am aiming to post Tuesday if everything goes well.
@WDC - Hang in there buddy. It is on it's way, I promise. Glad you shortened your name. So much easier to address you.
Forget who requested these now, hope you know who you are...
David Michael Frank "Out For Justice" (1991), Extended @320:
http://rapidshare.com/files/262319371/DMF-OutForJustice.zip <---
Henry Mancini "WC Fields And Me" (1976), LP @192:
http://rapidshare.com/files/262297327/HM-WCFieldsAndMe.zip <---
Bonus bit of vinyl originally ripped by Isbum a long long time ago, gets a hearty Filmpac recommendation...
Ken Lauber & Various "Kent State" (1981), LP @320:
http://rapidshare.com/files/260440961/KLVA-KentState_LP.zip <---
@ ms boricua - Thanks for the "present", I'm not really a surfer (except of the internet), more of a surf bum ;)
@ josh - You mention that now you have figured out dbPowerAmp, "here are two of my previous shares @320". Danger, warning, you might know this already but just in case. Don't convert a lesser bitrate to 320, it will sound exactly the same (and perhaps even worse), just take up more space. I don't think you have, just wanted a clear heads-up.
@ gillinaz - No release for "Charge At Feather River", except for a track on a Steiner compilation. Soundtrack Collector remains an outstanding source on official score releases.
Soundtrack Collector <---
@ claudio faber - You said "I guess, besides these titles, I've got everything else". Really?
@ isbum - Endless Bummer? You never cease to amaze bud :)
@ keving - Thanks also for the Embrace :)
@ mabrizuela
I have both of them and will share them as soon as I have uploaded them. :)
@Isbum
Thanks for the Gerhardt's compilation. A monument for this director.
@filmpac
Thanks for the Out For Justice - someone else I know has been looking for it so thanks on his behalf.
Does anyone know what's wrong with the "Adventures Of Marco Polo" track on the Hugo W. Friedhofer download?
Gil
Filmpac...has that Steiner compilation been posted here? If so, where is it?
Gil
@ scoresdecine - All credit is due to Southview212, not I.
:)
@ Southview212
Many, many thanks for the missing Powells. You've made me happier than Zoolander.
@ gil - It has indeedy. By me, a long long time ago...
Max Steiner "Music For Westerns", LP @320:
http://rapidshare.com/files/33441004/MS-MusicForWesterns_Part1.rar <---
http://rapidshare.com/files/33465097/MS-MusicForWesterns_Part2.rar <---
@ isbum - Yowzer, now that rates highly! Having already had a sneak peek at Sky Riders, it gets a hearty Filmpac recommendation, HUGE thanks bud :))
@ filmpac
Why don't you request something, and we'll see what we've got here, in my little crate.
@Gil
As I read it, Easdale wrote, arranged & conducted the whole thing, except The Red Shoes ballet, which he wrote, but Sir Thomas Beecham, with the RPO were employed for this bit.
Robert
@ claudio faber - Ok then, lets start with the two I requested just towards the end of last month...
Requests:
* Never Say Never Again, 16-track Japanese release, LP or CD
* Thomas Crown Affair, Michel Legrand, LP rip @ better than 128
N@tional Public R@dio: Milest0nes of the Millenium-- Music in Film.
A good sampler of composers. Features classic recordings by Korngold, Bernstein, Barry, Williams,Waxman, Newman, etc.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D71MZ1NA
Oh, and an SNS request, if anyone has it:
M0nstr0us M0vie Music's "Cre@ture from the Bl@ck L@goon and music from other jungle pictures."
Ok, I don't know if anyone wants, this but I figured I'd share it anyways, since I had it around. I'm also pretty sure it's a SNS, though not positive.
The Bishop's Wife
Hugo Friedhofer
320 kbps
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VZH9V4LZ
Hope someone enjoys it! :D
Although I'm risking that you're thinking I only try to poke fun at you. But I have those LPs. Seven Seas and Odéon.
Quick question - what's a good free, non-limited, converter from FLAC to mp3? Sorry, space is an issue for me, and I'm never using fancy enough speakers to justify the space for 'lossless'.
Thanks in advance!
@ claudio faber - I assume you're talking to me.
No risk involved, all I can say is triffic, looking forward to hearing them then. The proof is in the pudding, as they say. I'll never say never :)
wth? when I left they were like 10 comments and now there's almost a 100. Way to go ppl! :P
Quick answer for Ost Troll... I use Switch. It's like a swiss knife for audio conversion. www.nch.com.au/switch
I heard of ppl using Foobar2000, but I have not tried that one yet. www.foobar2000.org
Hope this helps. =)
@ filmpac
I know it sounds deranged, but I don't have the equipment to rip them. I'll ask a friend. What bitrate do you prefer? 120 up?
@ claudio - 320 preferred. And thank you (and friend of Claudio) very much!
@ Claudio Farber - I know the answer, 320kbt's!
Please.
dagnabbit!
You will get them soon. But it will take one or two weeks. 320kbt's right on the way!
@OST Troll - In addition to the converter Ms Boricua spoke of, here is another that I use which works very well for me.
Koyote Converter
It is free and the C-Net site has tons of free programs for downloading.
Thank you to everybody who makes our SNS a big success each week and to everyone who fill our homes with music all during the week.
I don't download everything but there are choices for all taste. Keep up the good work everybody.
A few special thanks to:
@isbum - Icecastles; 3 Days Condor; Elec Horseman/Bobby Deerfield; Skt Riders; Paper Moon; Bonnie & Clyde. And also for being a great friend to us all and running a tight ship.
@Big Rozsa - Your Nascinbene shares
@Josh - Mission to Mars; Third Miracle
@Ms Boricua - Woodstock
@Myrthuen - Shoes Fisherman; Sex Single Girl/Chapman Report
@Araminta18 - Bishop's Wife. A great upgrade!!
@filmpac - W.C. Field & Me and for your continued passion of LPs and sharing them with us.
@Southview212 - Supreme Gerhardt shares and everything else you delight us with.
@ filmpac
@ isbum
To make this perfectly clear - you don't ask for the Silva cheat album. You look for the real stuff with the missing trumpet, yes?
I don't want to bother Maurizio without a proper reason.
@Rich
Just got to know, are my instructions working out for you?
@Southview212
Thanks very much for Drumline and Pluto, two off of my list.
@ claudio - Yes, absolutely, you got it right. Looking for the 16-track Japanese LP, NOT the Silva expanded release. Thanks to you & Maurizio, a week or two would be aces :)
@ GilinAZ - I posted this at another site a while back. If you didn't happen to stumble across it, I'm reposting it here.
Max Steiner compilation. All the tracks are taken from acetates.
http://rapidshare.com/files/206084690/Steiner_acetate_compilation.rar
@ filmpac
That's cool. One of my favorite - favorite overlooked - Legrands. And "Windmills" of course, Original LP, it's re-issue, but LP.
I'm glad I can do something for you. Perhaps - I just saw - they are a bit dusty. I will have them cleaned sufficiently.
Folks, I do have to work during the next six days, we've got peak season at the hotel. So don't expect me to be back back until friday. See you!
@ isbum
Thanks for "Hotel Meina" and "Polish Wedding". Both are acoustic masterpieces.
@ Southview212--Thanks for reposting the Max Steiner compilations!
"Elektra" 2005 Cd @320
By
Christophe Beck
http://rapidshare.com/files/262288567/CB_Elektra.zip
enjoy!
@ isbum - Thanks for Elektra. Appreciate the share.
HELP HELP HELP HELP
Working on a compilation of Hollywood dream music and have come across a mystery piece.
I would love to be able to identify this very lovely, etheral music(very short 2MB download) listed on my computer as "dreamdworkns logo." I don't think it's Spielberg's Dreamworks.
http://rapidshare.com/files/262692774/Dreamdworkns_Logo.mp3
Any suggestions?
To All...
It's been a really great weekend, thus far. The words of thanks have been forthcoming, and I know that these words are appreciated by all who are able to share.
I for one am thrilled....in fact I'm so thrilled, I'm going to share another truly rare score, heard by only a few. It's never been released or reconstructed.....
the actual original score, composed by Max Steiner, for "Sergeant York". It's an acetate transfer, so there isn't any artwork or track listing..
http://rapidshare.com/files/200650441/Sergeant_York_AcetateTransfer.rar
Enjoy!!!
@ Ruggo
Dear Ruggo, I couldn't identify it, but I've been a huge John Williams collector for all my life, and this is NOT the Dreamworks Logo. You can find that here:
http://mahawa.jw-music.net/mp3/mp3_index.htm
Just scroll down on the left, you can listen to it here.
C.Faber
Bleeding edge SNS!
@ Ruggo - When I first listened to your mystery piece, I was immediately drawn to Horner's "The New World". Close, but no cigar.
I'm still thinking.
@isbum...many thanks for Lalo & digital upgrade for Bonnie & Clyde.
Ruggo - That music is from Zimmer "The Prince Of Egypt", which is a Dreamworks production.
Hello All ! Happy August!
@ Rich and KevinG
I have a Mac as well, but when I upload, the process is more streamlined.
1. I just go to my "Finder" icon
2. I go to my Home folder
3. I open my Music folder
4. I find the album/CD that I want to share
5. Right click and "Compress". This creates a zip copy right next to the original. After uploading, I delete the zip.
Thanks now go out to:
@ Jeffrey Scott Arnold for Brainstorm
@ NanM for Runaway
@ Myrthuen for Fisherman
@ isbum for Bonnie and Moon
∆∆∆ request ∆∆∆
I just saw "Coraline" - frakkin' awesome - anyone have the score or has this been shared previously?
Y'all 'r wonderful!
Hello...
I'm new here, and what a fabulous forum this is.
I have heard that there was a CD release to Dennis McCarthy's "Twlight Zone" TV series that was announced recently as a promo, but is now sold out.
Any chance someone out there has it to post?
Thanks!
@filmpac
Thanks for the warning on bit rates. Seeing as I am using dBpoweramp, is there a way to find out what the original bit rate is on a CD so as not to increase bit rate needlessly. Any info on the subject would be greatly appreciated.
There are some great shares this SNS, thanks to all!!
Does anyone know if the score for Gran Torino is available? From what I gather there is no commecial release; a Promo perhaps?
M0nstr0us M0vie Music's "Cre@ture from the Bl@ck L@goon and music from other jungle pictures:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/1qqr6x
@Southview212
Thanks for York, I had no idea this was even available. Truly a great post.
@NanM
A rewarding kiss on the cheek!
That mystery music was indeed the Dreamworks Logo Opening for The Prince Of Egypt by Hans Zimmer.
I just verified it with a strangely muted copy of the soundtrack.
@ isbum
Thanks for Sky Riders!
Custom scans and artwork for WC FIELDS AND ME posted in the usual place!
@ Jeffrey Scott Arnold
Thank you for the documentaries.
Here is an oldie but a goodie:
Red Dawn - Basil Poledouris (192kbps)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DRMD3B3J
There is a really nice sparse sounding theme that runs through this score opposite the more action oriented cues. Got to love a story about brothers. Enjoy!!
@Skyrider- Glad you like them!
@PR Deltoid-- THANKS SO MUCH!
@ scoremanscott & Myrthuen -
Your not late at all! :) It's really Saturday Night here in Hollywood!
Was that a request for "Coma", scoremanscott? hehe! ;)
@ scoremanscott: A lot of thanks for " Black widow...". And for the rest of thr shared.
@ Myrthuen: A lot of thanks for these two FSM.
Ok, I've looked back a few pages, but I must have missed the Right Stuff post. Would someone mind re-posting the link?
Crazy day!
Welcome to Araminta18, PR Deltoid & Ashley M ! You might have been here previously, but I took notice today.
Also to our newest member, WDC! ;)
@ Wild - Sorry, I sold the Curt $obel promos for a little $.
The tide goes out as quick as it comes in here. If you see something from me, ask fast and I'll try my hand at Flac'n things up for you. :) And thanks for being a fab sharer!
Hi i love this blog....
I have the following requests...
1.The Alamo...The essential Dimitri tiomkin played by city of prague philharmonic orchestra
2.Tony bremners re-recording of the Big Country
thnx
vicky
@isbum
Many thanks for re-posting O'Horten. I've listened to a track posted on a German website for a few weeks and it's stuck with me. Never managed to get hold of the complete score though.
@PR Deltoid, are you Puerto Rican? just asking b/c PR. :P
@ Parzival:
Thanks for Steal1ng T1me!
@ josh:
Thanks for offering The Third Miracle @ 320!
I love this score and wondered if you can share it @ lossless bitrate (flac, ape, ...)?
I would appreciate it enormously, furthermore I would like to ask you if you have a scanner.
These covers are a long-time request from me @ The Artwork Department.
Thanks for any help, man! ;)
@ Ms Boricua:
Does your Adam archive include any covers? Or just the same front/back which you can find here:
http://thecrimelounge3.blogspot.com/search/label/Christopher%20Lennertz
Searching for the whole set...better front/back would be appreciated, too ;)
@ Jeffrey Scott Arnold:
Thanks for Br@instorm!
@ Southview212:
Thanks for the two Powell's!
@Tlkjwe, same front/back... sorry. :(
@Isbum, lol... aren't we all surfers? ;)
@Buster, bless your heart... thanks!
@Octagonproplex, Filmpac & Gsw, You're all welcome!
@ isbum said... Come in Sidney.
Did you mean Sydney, New South Wales, Australia ?
@ Southview212, Ms Boricua, stereoelf, KevinG, josh, Jeffrey Scott Arnold, NanM, filmpac, Myrthuen, Araminta18, scoremanscott @ isbum.
Thank you all very much for the music.
@scoremanscott...thanks for the Alex North.
@ Ruggo
I forgot to thank you very much for CORALINE @ 320
@Tlkjwe:
You asked about Semishigure. I have it if you want the one scored by Taro Iwashiro (imdb.com lists at least 2 other films/TV-series by that name).
Uploading may take a while since I'm not at home at the moment. Maybe I can manage to upload it until next Saturday if that is ok with you.
OK, this is my own rip of my own LP I posted scans for earlier....
Never Say Never Again
Michel Legrand
Seven Seas K28P 4122 (Jap)
1983
Mp3 @ 192....
http://rapidshare.com/files/262834177/NSNA_Legrand.rar
It's my very first LP rip so it's a bit raw, but I've kept the Audacity project files of it in case I can improve on it.
Cheers.
I have to add to my wishlist Maurizio's own wishlist - who's going to rip the Legrands next weekend, by the way!
In any form, something from below could make us Italians VERY happy:
- STORIA DI UNA DONNA - John Williams (1970)
- TINTORERA - Basil Poledouris (1978)
- THE REFLECTING SKIN - Nick Bicat (1990)
- FILM MUSIC MASTERWORKS: ALAN SILVESTRI - City Of Prague (2006)
- FUZZ - Dave Grusin (1973)
- THE WALTONS - The TV scores (Goldsmith, Courage, Morton)
- THE MAN - Jerry Goldsmith (1972)
- PURSUIT - JERRY GOLDSMITH (1972)
- THE GREEN MAN - Tim Souster (1990)
- LOU GRANT - Patrick Williams
- cop shows like STARSKY & HUTCH, POLICE WOMAN, POLICE STORY, etc.
- ...AND JUSTICE FOR ALL - Dave Grusin (1979)
- BROTHER JOHN - Quincy Jones (1970)
- LES MISERABLES - Jean-Claude Petit, 2000
- LE PROF - Jean-Claude Petit, 1999
- DADDY'S GONE A-HUNTING, John Williams & Dory Previn, 1968
- LITTLE ARK, Fred Karlin, 1973
- CONCERT WORKS, 1951-1974, Maurice Jarre
- THE STONE BOY, James Horner, 1984
- TIME BANDITS, Mike Moran, 1981
- WEEDS, Angelo Badalamenti, 1987
- THE WOLVES OF WILLOUGHBY CHASE, 1988
- THREE AND OUT, Trevor Jones, 2008
- BRENDAN ET LE SECRET DE KELLS, 2008
- THE WHITE COUNTESS, Richard Robbins, 2005
fermagli a testa bombata, amici!
Ok, 2nds time a charm.... oh wait, is 3rd... ::shrugs::
@Chiops, hello, how are ya? been a while!
oh wow Claudio.... well, u got my attn.
Come stai?
Hi,
This blog is amazing. I research one james newton howard's score, Marked for Death, just score and not songs.
Thanks a lot.
Sorry non posso aiutare with your requests.
Sorry il mio italiano è molto basico, ma sono felice di exercise it. God knows I'm very rusty. :P Spagnolo è la mia prima lingua.
@ Ruggo - Wow! Lightning fast with the Coraline turnaround! Thank you very much!
@isbum
I've been out in the kayak and only just getting back. Although your ball may be in the gutter, my name is not from the alleys but my backcountry ski binding. Thanx for posting up Endless Bummer; Glenda sounds like a girl with a "charming" personality.
@Honored General
Check out Scoredaddy's site http://fanfareforcopland dot blogspot dot com/
@ms boricua, Myrthuen, scoremanscott, araminta18, chiops and southview212
Thank you for all of your generous shares
@ scoremanscott - Thanks for Blkwidow and Mrngstar. Appreciated!
Does anyone have FSM Silver Age Classics "Chips Vol. 2: Season Three 1979-1980" by Alan Silvestri?
358 mails, august not included....
and I read august first.
jesus, people, you're killing me!
;-)
Don't let all the excitement of our Saturday Night Specials prevent you from stopping over at Ruggo and Jean's Fine House Of Compilations.
Some new stuff.
I call your attention to the fifth in the series BEYOND ADVENTURE by Budarc. This one is a two-disc collection titled "Golden Age Highlights & Classical Beginnings." Some great stuff here, both classic and classical.
Also Ruggo has posted the first of a five-volume set titled "WHEN HOLLYWOOD DREAMS." This interesting voyage though a huge sea of soundtracks finds many little islands where dreams are born. And you should know that eventually it will end up in a stormy tide of Hollywood Nightmares by the time it reaches volume 5.
Here's the track list for Vol.1
101_Dreams and Omens - Clash Of The Titans (Laurence Rosenthal)
102_Dream Ranch - The Outlaw Josey Wales (Jerry Fielding)
103_Dream Sequence - The Conversation (David Shire)
104_Dream Steet - Breakfast At Tiffany's (Henry Mancini)
105_Dream on James, You're Winning - Casino Royale (Burt Bacharach)
106_Dreams At The Savoy - Random Harvest (Paul Stothart)
107_Dreams Of The Past - The Fugitive TV (Pete Rugolo)
108_Dreamy - Return Of The Pink Panther (Henry Mancini)
109_Eve's Dream - All About Eve (Alfred Newman)
110_Here's The Dream - The Visitor (Elmer Bernstein)
111_Joseph's Dream - Far And Away (John Williams)
112_Leopard Tree Dream - Cat People (Georgio Moroder)
113_Love Dream The Awakening - THX 1138 (Lalo Schifrin)
114_My Special Dream - The Victors (Sol Kaplan)
115_Put Your Dreams Away - Lolita (Nelso Riddle)
116_Summer Dreams - Piranha (Pino Donaggio)
117_The Dream - Harlow (Nelson Riddle)
118_The Dream - The Man Who Would Be_King (Maurice Jarre)
119_The Dreamer - Virgin And The Gypsy (Patrick Gowers)
120_The Gift is a Dream - Lilith (Kenyon Hopkins)
121_Yesterday's Dream - Up The Down Staircase (Fred Karlin)
122_A Kind Of Dream - Watership Down (Mike Batt)
123_Dream of Motherhood - Rosemary's Baby (Krzysztof Komeda)
124_The Dream And End Titles - Young Winston (Alfred Ralston)
125_This Is My Dream - 12 Monkeys (Paul Buckmaster)
@sorei
You say we're killing you?
What a way to go!
@ruggo
there's (almost!)no better way :D
barely alive after more than 300 mails
;-)
sorei
@ Ruggo - What a great idea for a compilation!
Such a wide range of composers!
I'm fascinated to see how these selections play together!
One of five you say?
Are you doing the cover's for them as well?
@ Ms Boricua:
Thanks for having a look on the covers, very appreciated! ;)
@ boogiepop:
Yeah, I'm searching for Semishigure, scored by Taro Iwashiro.
Would be great if you can share this one!
Please take your time.
@ KevinG
@8HZUI
Thanks to both of you for trying to teach an old dog new tricks. I'm out of town for a few days, but will attempt to follow your instructions upon my return on Tuesday. And whether I'm a blazing success or a screaming failure, I will definitely let you know!
I'm looking for the great score "Guarding Tess", from Michael Convertino.
Thank you!!!
@isbum
Could have done more than five, but wanted to do different front covers for each one rather than repeat the same one like most series. Backs are same background, but each a different shade. Having almost as much fun doing the covers as assembling the music. Consider it frosting on the cake. I've been learning as I go.
@isbum....I'm doing interrbang for you now...hopefully have it to you by tomorrow.
@ Ms Boricua....
Hi there. I've only been around here for a short time so I'm a tad confused as where I may have known you before. Please remind this absent-minded old git. ;>)
----------------------------
@ isbum....
Thanks for your kind words, mate. You may have noticed that I kept in the track title spelling errors as listed on the album covers.
"S.P.E.C.T.O.R.E.", "Fatima Blash" & "Lalgo".... LOL!
More LP rips on the way.
@ Choips - It's really great seeing more people ripping vinyl.
Your fortune cookie reads:
"The velvet ropes will part for you, my friend."
Happy August, y'all!
Was wondering if anyone had the soundtrack to "The Notorious Bettie Page"? Some great songs and some really great period jazz. Saw it on IFC and really enjoyed it....
@Scoremanscott - Great shares! Love those classic era guys. Thank you very much.
@Myrtheun - Thank you for the double Lucy.
@isbum - Glenda sounds like a good listen. Thank you.
@Ruggo - Your latest looks very interesting. Do you ever sleep?
@KevinG - Please drop me an e-mail. Address in my profile.
@josh:
Thanks for "The Third Miracle"! And, as requested, here's "Star Trek III".
http://rapidshare.com/files/263092785/Star_Trek_III-The_Search_For_Spock__Original_Motion_Picture_Soundtrack___1985___James_Horner_.zip
@Tlkjwe
I am using dBpoweramp; let me see if I can figure out how to rip lossless. I believe there is an option for FLAC. Do you need the cover for The Third Miracle? Let me know, I thought it was included with the rar file, maybe I do not know poweramp as well as I thought..lol.
Thanks everyone for your shares this SNS, what a fine community.
Oops. Zoned out...
"Trek III" is my rip from CD @320; hires scans included.
And thanks @Parzival for Joey Newman's "Stealing Time". (Man there are a lot of Newmans...)
@Steven64
Thanks so much for Star Trek III, really appreciate that.
@ isbum....
LOL!
I'm sending you an email.
"For your eyes only"
LOL!
Who posted the covers for
"Road Games" & "Patrick" Cd?
I would really like to hear that!
Please & thanks if you can. :)
@octagonproplex:
I saw that you requested "Orphån". It was originally posted by gremlin a little bit ago.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/d15v1q
@256; track titles but no art.
If I've cross- or repeat-posted, my apologies. And thanks @gremlin!
does anyone have superman movie 1978 lp?
@gsw
Yes, I do sleep. And when I do, I dreammmmmmmmmm.
@ Steven64
Thanks for the heads up buddy, I don't know how I missed that!
@ Gremlin
Thanks for 0rph@n!
@ josh:
A lossless rip of The Third Miracle would be really fantastic!
I hope you can figure out how to rip it with dBpoweramp, sure there is an option and I know there is a forum on the official site, maybe that could be useful.
Otherwise I can post a guide how to rip it with EAC, but that's quite detailed and you could say a bit complicated ;)
Regarding the covers, I'm searching for HQ scans (300 dpi or more) of the whole cover set (front/back/booklet/inlay if existing).
In the archive is just a tiny front, do you have the full set and a scanner around?
Would be fantastic if you can help me!!!
@ chiops & everyone else interested:
Here's a re-up of isbum's share
Sam Spence - 0ur M@n In Munich @320:
http://rapidshare.com/files/263169673/SS_OurManInMunich_pt1.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/263174799/SS_OurManInMunich_pt2.zip
Thanks to Isbum for ripping it!
@ Isbum:
Do you have the artwork to the post above and could share it @ TAD?
Would be really great!!!
@ boogiepop:
Second wish, sorry.
Do you have the full cover set (or at least front/back) of your recently shared
Just Bur1ed by Darren Fung?
Seeking for it...thanks!
@isbum
it wasn´t me who posted Road Games & Patrick cover, BUT I will upload the music for you (sorry but only have it in 192)
@scoremanscott
Thanks for the Legrand WH. Much appreciated!
@Isbum
Here is Road Games & Patrick by Brian May
http://sharebee.com/68be88af
PLS PLS i need the following OSTs
1.A rerecording of the big country by tony bremner
2.the Alamo the essential dimitri tiomkin film music collection
@ Tlkjwe....
Thanks muchly for re-posting Isbum's rip of "Sam Spence".
Cheers.
@ boogiepop
could you please kindly re-upload Kawai's Ip Man score (@320) for a couple of days, as I had problems with internet and missed the opportunity to download.
Thanks in advance, I would be really grateful.
@gsw
I emailed you as requested.
Dreamin', just dreamin'.
New over at Ruggo And Jean's Fine House Of Compilations:
WHEN HOLLYWOOD DREAMS
VOL.2 (of 5)
Track list
201_Bambi's Dream - Bambi II (Bruce Broughton)
202_Luzhin Dreams - The Luzhin Defense (Alexandre Desplatt)
203_Fiddler Dream - The Gift (Christopher Young)
204_Dreams Of A Journey - The Piano (Michael Nyman
205_Cole's First Dream,Volunteer Duty,Topside - 12 Monkeys (Paul Buckmaster)
206_Drifting And Dreaming - The Edge Of Love (Angelo Baldamenti)
207_Ladoo Dreams - Water (Mychael Danna)
208_Sloan's Dream - Diamond Head (John Williams)
209_Papaya Dream - Papaya Dei Caribi (Stelvio Cipriani)
210_Easy Dreamer- Un Italiano In America (Piero Piccione)
211_Claire & The Dream - The babe (Elmer Bernstein)
212_Bombay Awakes - Bombay Dreams (Adam Nordén)
213_Dream Of Thee - Furia (Brian May)
214_Daydreaming - The man In The Moon (James newton Howard)
215_Dreaming - Coraline (Bruno Coulais)
216_Just A Dream Phantasm (Fred Myrow)
217_Lisa Dreams - Oscar (Elmer Bernstein)
218_Sue's Dream - Carrie (Pino Donaggio)
219_Woman of My Dreams - He Was A Quiet Man (Jeff Beal)
220_Vicky's Dream - Children Of The Corn (Jonathan Elias)
221_Rainmaker's Dream - World Without Rules (Paul Haslinger)
222_I Dream Of You - Tristan & Isolde (Anne Dudley)
223_Gelflings Meet Dreamfast - The Dark Crystal (trevor Jones)
224_Dreams Of Home - 'Tis A Pity She's A Whore (Ennio Morricone)
225_Dr. Rudolf's Dream - Youth Without Youth (Osvaldo Golijov)
226_Mitch's Dream End Title - An Unfinished Life (Deborah Lurie)
I've been seriously remiss in my thank yous of late (and I was out of town this weekend) so...
Thank you to:
@Ms Boricua for Were the World Mine, Chess in Concert, Funny People and Arthur
@fpalafox for The Amityville Horror
@Isbum for Pink Panther Strikes Again, Three Days of the Condor, Hurry Sundown, The Day of the Locust and The Electric Horseman/Bobby Deerfield
@J.D. for Runaway Train and G.I. Joe
@Ruggo for Band of Brothers
@JM's Enterprise for Inchon (may have already thanked you for this, but hey)
@Southview212 for Land of the Lost, Murder on the Orient Express and especially for Drumline and Pluto Nash (Had one track from Drumline for forever, so it's nice to have the whole thing. Actually saw the movie the theater.)
@Wild for The Field
@jerseydevil for Frankie Starlight
@josh for Red Dawn
And finally
@Jeffrey Scott Arnold for the great Jerry Goldsmith documentary. And a post-dated thanks for the Williams documentary which I haven't watched yet.
Love this place!! ;-)
@ Madman - Thanks for posting "Road Games"! I really appreciate it!
@ Tlkiwe - Sam Spence was a cd I had prior to the opening of FilmJay's Artwork Department. I was only scanning front & back covers up until then.
I have those if they weren't in the download already.
They come with a cat hair that I should have cleaned off from the glass before I scanned them. ;)
@ sysel - Just my imagination, or have you been away for a long time?
Hi all. I was just wondering if anuyone out there has got a link for Harry Sukman's score to SALEM'S LOT?
From 1982:
Cat People @320
@ scoremanscott
thanKs totally for those SNS
@ all
here's something i was workin' on whilst downloading scoremanscotts' gems
a movie RIP of David Raksins
A Big Hand for the Little Lady (1966)
http://rapidshare.com/files/263349591/A_Big_Hand_for_the_Little_Lady__1966__David_Raksin.rar
here's Suddenly again if you missed it
http://rapidshare.com/files/261457387/Suddenly_1954__David_Raksin_.rar
@isbum
maybe my mistake, but it seems to me it was posted two weeks ago. Sorry if I'm wrong.
Do someone have the soundtrack for MINDWALK
by Philipe Glass, a 1990 film?
Thanks in advance, boys!
Filmpac...thanks for the Steiner "Music For Westerns".
Southview...thanks for the Steiner compilation.
Thanks for the King of Kings artwork. Was a link for the actual soundtrack ever here? All I have is a woeful 128 kbps version...
@isbum - interrabang available for you over at TAD
@ isbum...
Thanks for "Sky Riders", man! :>)
I only just found it.
Here's another Poledouris score. This time it's "For Love Of The Game" (for your consideration).
Artwork is posted.
http://rapidshare.com/files/260440933/ForLoveOfTheGame-fyc_Poledouris.rar
@Southview212:
Ya did it again! Been looking for "For Love of the Game" for-EV-er. Thank you, thank you.
Does anyone has "Anywhere But Here" by Steve Jablonsky?
http://www.hans-zimmer.com/fr/newsite.php?rub=detail&id=564
also looking for a flac version of "The Gift" by Christopher Young.
thanks in advance!
If anyone wants this:
Something Wild (1961)-Aaron Copland @320
http://www.sendspace.com/file/93y5nt
Williamsburg: The Story of A Patriot (1956)-Bernard Herrmann
Only the Main Title but it's the original track @ 320
http://www.sendspace.com/file/fofdys
@ The Alchemist -
Thanks for the Copland and Herrmann shares, dude! Welcome aboard!
anonymousremains....the last track of "Suddenly" is defective. Any chance of rectifying it?
Also...concerning "The Charge At Feather River", by Max Steiner. The middle section of the track is the music I remember...sounds almost like an Indian War Chant Does anyone know if Steiner took it from one of these? The theme is very memorable.
Gil
@ Honored General: More to come!
Some LP rips:
Snows of Kilimanjaro (1953)-Bernard Herrmann
Medley conducted by Al Goodman from some 50s Film Themes LP @ 320
And 3 original pieces from the LP "Contemporary Music for Spanish Guitar" played by Laurindo Almeida composed by Goldsmith, Mancini, & North @ 320
http://www.sendspace.com/file/wlu6a8
@ Ms Boricua
Thanks for Gutterb@lls! However, should clarify who Gianni Rossi really is - from imdb.com:
"Ryan Nicholson's outrageous sex 'n' gore flick Gutterb@lls was one of last year's love-it-or-hate-it cult offerings. Basically a spot-on homage to the '80s slasher formula, spiced up with hardcore porn (or softcore, depending on the DVD release version), it helped capture an authentic low-budget retro vibe thanks to a blend of cheesy '80s pop-rock (including songs from Canadian band Harlequin) and a groovy Euro-style synth score by the so-called "Gi@nni Rossi" – in reality a pseudonym for Steve M00re, one-half of the legendary Philadelphia prog-rock duet Zombi."
@All - I think all of these have been shared seperately but I am posting them as a complete set.
These are not my rips. A big thank you goes to Southview212 and isbum. This set would not be complete without them.
The MGM Soundtrack Treasury (12 discs)
The Apartment-Adolph Deutsch / The Fortune Cookie-André Previn (@320)
Disc 1 download <--
How to Murder Your Wife-Neal Hefti / Duel at Diablo-Neal Hefti (@320)
Disc 2 download <--
The Russians are Coming, The Russians are Coming-Johnny Mandel / The Fugitive Kind-Kenyon Hopkins (@320)
Disc 3 download <--
A Rage to Live-Nelson Riddle / Goodbye Again-Georges Auric (@320)
Disc 4 download <--
The Happy Ending-Michel Legrand (@320)
Disc 5 download <--
The Happy Ending-Michel Legrand (@320)
Disc 6 download <--
Billion Dollar Brain-RR Bennett / Shake Hands with the Devil-William Alwyn (@320)
Disc 7 download <--
The Charge of the Light Brigade-John Addison / The Honey Pot-John Addison (@320)
Disc 8 download <--
Pussycat, Pussycat, I Love You-Lalo Schifrin (@320)
Disc 9 download <--
The Hills Run Red-Ennio Morricone / Hornets' Nest-Ennio Morricone (@320)
Disc 10 download <--
The 7th Dawn-Riz Ortolani / The Glory Guys-Riz Ortolani (@320)
Disc 11 download <--
Hannibal Brooks-Francis Lai / The Final Option-Roy Budd (@320)
Disc 12 download <--
You guys enjoy!!
@ The Alchemist -
Thanks for the good work!
@ gsw-
Thanks for the lotta good work!
And now, for you listening pleasure. 1954's "The High and the Mighty" by Dimitri Tiomkin.
16 tracks, @ 320, with covera and artwork. This is and EXPANDED private issue.
This has been shared with Southview 212 and the Alchemist. They can verify that it is different than the Fly release.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/cj4qj8
enjoy, all!
Honored General
Laurie Johnson-The New Avengers (1976)
Edsel EDSD 2027/1
CD rip @ 320
This is only disc one of a 3 CD set but the other discs were stage & concert works.
I thought someone here would be fine with having the orig. tracks to the TV series:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/mh9jhu
Post a Comment