Welcome to H2o and Mr.T's Asian Cinema! You are very lucky to be here, you're hosts have vast knowledge on the subject you have chosen to explore.
They will share some extraordinary music with you in hope that the favor will be returned. The relationships of yin and yang, heaven and earth, light and dark has never been explored more vibrantly than in Asian Cinema. Lets celebrate the beauty and passion of this art together.
Your hosts have been a part of the Franklynot family for a long time now, two very knowledgeable and generous friends who I now turn this over to, H2o and Mr. T!
It's my honor to have a shop in here. Can't speak English well, but Mr.t will help me.
First, introduce from the international movies.
VA - The Film Music of Akira Kurosawa http://rapidshare.com/files/101589482/VA-TFMOAK.part1.rar http://rapidshare.com/files/101591223/VA-TFMOAK.part2.rar
Looking forward to sharing and listening to a lot of people. Please drop something in here.
As a little opening present for you both, here are a couple of soundtracks for you to keep in stock.
I have the Korean limited copper box set DVD of Oldboy and included is the original soundtrack. This is a favourite Asian movie of mine and has a great soundtrack.
Ripped @320kbps, alas as it came with the dvd it doesn't have a CD cover for me to scan so I've included some found online.
Again included with the DVD, here is the soundtrack to Electric Dragon 8000V. This is not really to my taste in music but I'm sure some folks here will like a copy :)
Both my own rips from CD @320kbps and stored in my premium Rapidshare account so you can consider them both permanently "in stock" here at the Asian Cinema store ;)
Your obviously both far more knowledgable on this subject than I am. I am however a BIG fan of Asian cinema and have a decent collection on DVD, I'll have a dig and see if anymore of my collector's editions have CD soundtracks included.
Good luck with the new store, I'm looking forward to shopping here in future :)
thanks a lot for "Oldboy"! I was gonna ask you for this after hearing the beautiful waltz on last month's "Love Scenes-Project", but here it is already. :) I admit I didn't like the movie so much, so I guess the music never stuck with me before...?
I guess this is the place to ask. I once watched an asian (presumably japanese) film about a town were people got obsessed about spirals and soon everything was spiral... If you know the movie, you'll know what I'm talking about. Anyhell, I was kinda buzzed while I watched this so I don't remember a whole lot except for the film appearing quite interesting. Should be a fairly recent horror-film actually. Would anyone here be able to tell me what movie this was and if there's a soundtrack? Thanks.
Well, how dumb am I? I've had the above message typed and not yet published for half an hour and then I finally push the button to publish it right after Jay posted the score I was looking for...
After making the entertaining film "Shaolin Soccer", actor/producer Stephen Chow came up with the much more polished and professional looking action/comedy masterpiece "Kung Fu Hustle", one of the most entertaining films to emerge from Hong Kong for years.
The wonderful dramatic score by Raymond Wong is featured here on the Korean 33 track release, I'm afraid at only 128kbps because it's not my original rip.
And lastly we have a rather large file (204mb) containing the Japanese album of music from the Ju-On series. This contains music from both films and the original TV video films (@320kbps)
one of the best composer from Japan,probably is Yasushi Akutagawa;may be his best known score out of Japan is The village of 8 gravestones;it was released on Varese label.
Works of Yasushi Akutagawa (includes 2 tracks of "The village of 8 gravestones") http://rapidshare.com/files/102900388/WOYA.part1.rar http://rapidshare.com/files/102902472/WOYA.part2.rar
I hope too, someone would up the full album of "The village of 8 gravestones (Yatsuhaka-Mura)".
@ tripmastermonk
"Baby Cart in Peril" has been released only 3 tracks in the comp. "Lone Wolf and Cub".
Hideaki (Hideakira ?) Sakurai - Lone Wolf and Cub Baby Cart in Peril (1972) http://rapidshare.com/files/102933719/HS-LW_CBCIP.rar
Thanks to the original uploaoder. Enjoy the great jazz funk tunes !
If someone has interested in the movie, check it out. http://www.renslt.org/moviez/1408999-lone-wolf-cub-4-baby-cart-peril.html
Anybody's got the whole score of Johnny To's "The Mission" ? Here's the main theme : http://rapidshare.com/files/102999527/Ching_Chi_Wing_-_The_Mission_Theme.mp3
I've got a Bunch of scores and works from one of my favourite composers, Joe Hisaishi. If somebody's interested, just tell me.
Do you have "Tasumania Monogatari" by Joe Hisaishi? Could you send me your list of score by Hisaishi you have? On my email adress it would be great because there are others I'm looking for!
H2O - thank you for the links, i am happy that you now have your own little place for the music i am always looking forward to finding here at franklynot. i hope to also have some interesting things to share with you all here in the near future as well.
@ H2o & Mr.T - Not being very knowledgeable about this genre is going to make it hard for me to come up with contributions that you fellas don't already have. But I won't let that stop me from trying! :) Here's something that caught my attention, hope somebody digs hearing it.
"Themes from the Movies Starring Yuen Biao" 1985 Cd @320 Various Artists
@ segroeg "Shadow Warriors" which tripmastermonk and me are looking for is a Japanese ninja TV show starring Sonny Chiba. I didn't know that there is a homonymous video game. So sorry for my bad explanation, and thank you very much for the link.
"The Tokyo Concert" is enjoyable ! Hisaishi will perform at Nippon-Budokan live concerts in this summer.
I'm not famliar with Hong Kong movies. But mr.t is an authority of that. He will come here soon, and may help you for "the mission".
@ isbum Thank you so much for "Yuen Biao". Now I am studying about the Asian movies except Japan here. You, too, let's study with me! :)
Joe Hisaishi - Parasite Eve (1997) http://rapidshare.com/files/104173310/JH-PE.rar
And the other is a samurai movie.
Joe Hisaishi - Mibugishinden (2003) http://rapidshare.com/files/104172424/JH-MG.rar
Thanks to the original rippers.
@ isbum
Thanks for "Arabian Nights : The Adventures of Sinbad". The original composer of this film is Isao Tomita. I'm looking for it for years ! Could anyone drop it here?
Right about the end of last year, someone requested Kagemusha, and I said I was working on it, but the dude had buggered off for the holidays. Well, I got it now... before I embark on a very big upload, are we still looking for it?
@ ken shinn A Chinese Ghost Story (12 tracks) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IZATD8KY
Courtesy of "koreandramaosts.blogspot.com". It has a ton of Korean soundtracks.
and You can grab the 36tracks of "A Chinese Ghost Story I II III" at this blog. http://hi.baidu.com/jackiejinyu2008/blog/item/5417df09d76d37ab2fddd43d.html
@ filmpac We are still looking for "Shinichiro Ikebe - Kagemusha"(2CD). Go for it !
This has to be the most problematic score I have *ever* dealt with. Requested back in December, found it, only to have my source bugger off for months. Finally get it complete. Two CDs totalling 307 Mb made it a tough one to split, initially tried with Megaupload (2 halves), but that failed overnight. Try again. Failed. So, it comes this way instead, via Rapidshare in 4 parts. Phew...
hi gang been away for a few months in the far east,
thxjay the store logo looks wicked.
here's somehting i found in the Japanese bookshop in soho a while back
Sorekara (1985) Shigeru Umebayashi
I have not seen the film myself, but it starred Yusaku Matsuda he was the Bad Guy in Ridley Scott's Black Rain, who sadly died of cancer just after Black Rain came out.
mcc, thanks for that , great scroe it is, the film was pretty good too. Heres a track list I found
01. Jan 21. 1968 02. Dead-End 03. Silmido 04. Across the Line of Fire 05. 684 Task Force 06. Last Drop 07. Running on Empty 08. Elegy 09. There's no Tomorrow 10. Picture of Mother 11. Buried Truth 12. Say Goodbye 13. Searching for Names 14. Excuse for Cowards 15. Aug 23.1971 16. Song for Unknown Soldiers 17. ??
here are some old links to a lot of japanese films and tv, the links are still live:
Lone Wolf And Cub TV Series Score Takashi Watanabe
@ --mcc Thank you very much for fantastic Klaus Badelt !
@ mr.t finally I can see you here... "Sorekara" is my favorite movie, so many appreciated for the post !
Here is your favorite Satoh.
The Film Music By Masaru Satoh Vol. 1 (PERIOD DRAMA VOLUME) http://rapidshare.com/files/109454836/TFMBMSV1.part1.rar http://rapidshare.com/files/109456018/TFMBMSV1.part2.rar
detail information : http://www.godzillamonstermusic.com/MS01.htm
@ isbum Can I sleep for awhile 'til Mr.t has gone again ? :-)
here's a nice little forum i've been frequenting for more current japanese, korean, and chinese/hong kong cinema and drama ost's...you gotta be a member, but registration is free. they got a lot going on over there so be prepared to be overwhelmed...happy digging!!
Oh, I'd love to hear any OSTs to the Miyamoto Musashi films (with Mifune). Just watched all three and loved them. Anyone know if the soundtracks exist? :)
@ isbum: haha yes i did!! and thank you! it's nice to know you might have been there had you known beforehand...how did you hear about it? there will be more to come in the near future, i'll definitely be sure to keep you posted!
Thank you for the information of Asian links. This blog also has a ton of Chinese, Japanese, Korean soundtracks.
http://nhatkyviet.com/category/film/soundtrack/
@ mr.t, --mcc Unfortunately, Ikuma Dan's "Miyamoto Musashi" has never been released in any format.
@ ruggo Hope you enjoy this one too.
Satoh, Kinoshita, Takemitsu, Hayashi, Mayuzumi, Akutagawa, Tomita ... A compilation of great Japanese composers.
Variou Artists - The Golden Age of Japanese Movies [for more details : http://www.godzillamonstermusic.com/I2181.htm] http://rapidshare.com/files/111457085/VA-TGAOJM.part1.rar http://rapidshare.com/files/111458025/VA-TGAOJM.part2.rar
has anybody seen any of the ultravybe/hotwax trax composer series floating around?? i've been dying to get my hands on any of those releases and yet they always seem to elude me...
it's kinda quiet around these parts, so i thought i'd share some rare japanese tokusatsu [japanese super-hero] soundtracks from the 70's...if you liked the kamen rider soundtracks i posted a few months back, you should probably check these out too...even if you aren't familiar with the genre, it's good music nevertheless...
Why do you know "megaloman" or "fireman" ? A few people knows that Japanese superhero soundtracks are treasure islands of lounge. I'm very glad to grab both.
@ 7 Black Notes
What a great posts ! Especially Akira and Jo are great items. Thank you very much !
@ --mcc
Spider Lilies (courtesy of nhatkyviet.com) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B2QEM8B0
unable to deal with the guilt of knowing in the back of my head that my turn to contribute to this awesome little spot i like to consider home has been long overdue, here are some more goodies i came across recently...
Wao! Both of your posts are big suprise. Thank you, my friend !
Here are old "Go! Cinemania" links.
Go! Cinemania Reel 01 - Punch the Guy http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y2FJ6593
Go! Cinemania Reel 03 - Take A Walk On The Psychedelic Side http://rapidshare.com/files/33049500/TAWOTPS.part1.rar http://rapidshare.com/files/33049603/TAWOTPS.part2.rar
If somebody need Reel 02(Young Turks), 04(Screaming A Go Go), 05(Erotica Kyousoukyoku), 08(Style to Kill), Let me know.
yes please!! i would love to hear vol.'s 2, 4, and 5!! and thank you for more of your awesome shares!!
i also have another request...has anybody ever heard of Toshiko Morishita? the album is called 'Sai Miman No Ballad'. i saw it over at dustygroove.com and i'm curious to hear it...
Hi Folks Very interesting shares in here! I am currently preparing an excel link list for the various shops the same way I'm doing for the main section since it opened last year. In this respect I have a couple of requests where your answers could help me a lot.
@ tripmastermonk Your May 3 post relating to "Fireman": Do you have a composer's name? Your May 6 post for "Go! Cinemania Reel 07 Le Bande Cinema Grand Cru": Is this an album or a film title and is there a composer's name (or several - in this case it would be "various artists").
@ h2o Same question as above for your post of May 7 for "Go! Cinemania Reel 01 & 03.
@ 7 black notes Your links of May 3: Are Jo Shishido, Akira Kobayashi, Toshiaki Tsushima & Konhiko Murai all music composers? I'm questionning because Jo Shishido is reported to be an actor on other sites. I guess the 4 links are for compilations of their best works. Is that right?
Overall, thank you to indicate clearly for each post the album or film title and the composer or performer name as you would like them to appear on the link list.
A last request to all: When you publish an hyper link, could you kindly use the complete real link as the hyper link name which is displayed. You wouldn't lose the benefit of the hyper link and I would save time by not having to click on the hyper link and open the relevant internet page to copy the link in the address bar. I would copy the link directly from the hyper link to then paste it to the excel list. If you don't understand exactly what I mean, please refer to what filmpac is doing elsewhere. Sorry not to be as familiar as you are with this particular genre of music. And thank you for your understanding and kind cooperation. Cheers
Hi Quinlan, The Shishido comp is various composers, with themes and highlights from his best-known films (most never before released)-- Branded to Kill, etc. All are multi-film comps, and alas, I can't speak or read Japanese so I can't offer more specifics than that, but I know a lot of the themes from watching the films.
@ --mcc I wish for THE HAND. Drop it here ! and many thanks for "returner".
@ quinlan "Go! Cinemania" is title name of compilation album. Various Artists composed. 7 black notes posted "Toshiaki Tsusima" and "Kunihiko Murai", they are music composers.
@ tripmastermonk and all More details of GO CINEMANIA series (though Japanese site) http://plaza.rakuten.co.jp/surregather/2008
Various Artists - Go Cinemania Reel 05 Erorica Kyousoukyoku http://rapidshare.com/files/113646715/VA-GCR5-EK.part1.rar http://rapidshare.com/files/113647318/VA-GCR5-EK.part2.rar
Various Artists - Go Cinemania Reel 08 Style to Kill http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FUUTOZO3
Although not Asian Cinema technically, something of interest to the Kung-Fu action films of the '70's. This was posted by Fraykerbreaks, who noted that some pieces were "used in the 1976 film "Black Samurai " with Jim Kelly".
@ --mcc Thank you so much for "The Hand". I love scores of Peer Raben.
Various Artists - Go Cinemania Reel 2 Young Turks http://rapidshare.com/files/114539414/VA-GCR2-YT.part1.rar http://rapidshare.com/files/114539983/VA-GCR2-YT.part2.rar
Various Artists - Go Cinemania Reel 4 Screaming A Go Go http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1M71RNZ4
@ tripmastermonk Reel 4 includes some rare Kikuchi. Check it out. We need more Kikuchi's !
@ mr.t Do you have Shintaro Katsu Collection ? I am looking for it for a long time.
@ isbum Sorry for not upload at regular board... Thank you for Walter Murphy.
Seems to be great stuff here, although I am at a loss to figure out what kind of styles these scores represent. Would you be so kind and give a few remarks about the type of music that you post here?
@mr.t Back in June 2007 you posted Lone Wolf and Cub TV Series Score by Takashi Watanabe. I would love to have the information necessary to tag the tracks in English. Can you help?
h2o San I don't think i have katsu but i wil look for it, glad you liked the compilation, need that Echo of destiny in high bitrate was a soundtrack ever released for that film.
@Carrasco. sorry matey can't read Japanese (Chinese is ok) maybe H2o san can help
regarding the shintaro katsu compilation you are looking for, is that one different from the zatoichi OST series that was posted over at p-l-m.blogspot.com a few years back?
@ carrasco More information of "Lone Wolf and Cub" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lone_Wolf_and_Cub
"Lone Wolf and Cub TV 1" was composed by Takeo Watanabe. You can find English track list here. http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VPCD-81201
...and something happen 「奇妙な仲間 おいろけ道中」 ?
@ mr.t "Echoes of destiny" has never been released in any music format. In Japan, even DVD has not.
"Hanzo + Lone wolf and Cub" has been already received by private share from you.
@ tripmastermonk Thanks for your links. These Katsu are also wonderful.
Here is the one I'm looking for Katsu. http://www.godzillamonstermusic.com/katsu.htm
and legendary actor Raizo Ichikawa's compilation "Shinobi No Mono / Rikugun Nakano Gakko" is much appreciated too. http://www.godzillamonstermusic.com/KICA3033.htm
@h2o Thanks for the link to the English language tracklist. Much neede and even more appreciated.
As for 「奇妙な仲間 おいろけ道中」 it simply stuck in my pasteboard for a while from where it slipped into the comment field before I was able to write something serious. If this answer does not satisfy you, ask Quinlan's doorman or Isbum-san. ;-)
Really? I copied from the Lone Wolf & Cub tracklist and thought it meant "My sword is at your service as long as you behave in a chivalrous way, havn't voted for Bush, do not pay your taxes properly etc pp."
Seems as if I had to improve my Japanese ... 8(
How comes you understand Japanese or are you fooling venerable Carrasco-san?
@ carrasco hahaha...you are invited as a venerable translater of this shop.:-)
@ tripmastermonk "Meiko Kaji's Female Convict Scorpion: Jailhouse 41 [1972]" that you posted is not soundtrack composed by Kikuchi. It's a vocal album "Super Value Compilation of Meiko Kaji".
Only 1 track of "Female Convict Scorpion: Jailhouse 41" is on "Go! Cinemania Reel 04" [track 04]. Full scores have not released yet.
oh no!! i apologize for that mistake, i just recently found it on soulseek, and i was so excited to share it with you all that i didn't really stop to notice that it is indeed all meiko kaji. (no wonder all the songs sounded so familiar!) my apologies for that mistake, allow me to make up for it by fulfilling one of my own requests from before...
Nikkatsu New Action: Stray Cat Rock (Hotwax Trax) - Various Artists
What a great page. I hadn't ventured here yet, but glad I did. Lot's of great scores here that I'd never thought of checking out and now that I have I am blown away. Great stuff!!
Any ways, had originally posted this on the main page, but think that this would be best addressed here.
I'm looking for Chan Kwong-Wing's and Peter Kam's dynamic score to WARLORDS?
Any assist on this would be greatly appreciated. :)
Thanks again for all the great Asian Cinema scores. So much fun.
@ H2o - YES!! thanks for another amazing share!! anything with shunsuke kikuchi and sonny chiba is sure to be a good thing!! i look forward to hearing this. many thanks!
anybody know if there are any blogs out there specializing in 70's asian music? anything from soundtracks, to psych/prog, pop, etc...i remember there used to be several out there, (semsinatra's, hanakodo, let's go j-sound, and cities on flame), but they all seem to have gone under or are no longer active...
h20 - do you perhaps know of any blogs in japan that share oldies music?
@ --mcc On May 9 at 11:19am you posted the following link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NDFXSO1R This was to h2o attention. Could you please tell me what it is (Album/Film name, Composer/Performer?) I downloaded it and it resulted in a folder named ROSE-E with 11 tracks in it tagged 01 thru 11. So I couldn't make my mind on what it was. Thank you for your co-operation.
Jonathan Saul Kane is often credited for inventing "trip-hop" and "big beat"; he used kung-fu film samples and bits of dialogue from "Dirty Harry" and lesser known crime and horror films.
@ parzival Wow, what a great Kurosawa's ! Thank you very much !!!
@ adgy Welcome this shop and thanks for Takemitsu. If you have interested more Takemitsu, I will upload some.
@ --mcc Do you know The Michelle Gun Elephant ?
@ isbum Always thank you, my master !
Here is not movie but stage soundtrack. Comedy group The City Boys acted, Yasuharu Konishi (Pizzicato Five) composed. Seems like Italian soundtracks...
Yasuharu Konishi - I Messaggeri Degli Imbecilli Vanno All'Ovest (1993) http://rapidshare.com/files/119945117/YK-IMDIVAO.rar
Only a little, I hadn't heard of them but did grab some of their music after seeing BLUE SPRING and liking their sound a lot. Probably have 5 or 6 albums of theirs. Good stuff! :)
it's way too quiet around here...i'll do my part if you guys do yours. here is Shunsuke Kikuchi's Attack of the Monsters aka Gamera Tai Dai Kaijyu Giron [1969]
@ tripmastermonk - I've decided to use "Secret Organization Shocker" by Kikuchi Shunsuke.
Here's my problems:
1. I don't know what it's from
2. It cuts out on my mp3 player about 15 seconds before finishing. I have edited it and converted it several times but it still cut's out. Please give me a new rip. @ H2o - Help me out if you have this on Cd. I want to finish the Percussion project soon.
A shop link list is now available in the space where the usual Original Incredible Filmscorium monthly list is hosted. The new list is up to date as of June 11, 2008 approximately middle of the day, depending where you're residing. As you will see each shop has its own sheet build up the same way as the monthly list. For some shops, such as "Golden Age Of Hollywood" or "Classical Music Hall", instead of one column for the artist, I have included one column for the composer(s) and another one for the performer(s) when one or the other information was available. This is increasing the research possibilities. Otherwise, please refer to the main sheet explanation; it works the same way. From now on the shop link list will be regularly updated and published on a monthly basis at the same time as the usual Filmscorium list. So you will be able to download both lists from the same space (click on "Quinlan's Monthly Excel Archive Spreadsheet". If you discover an error or something wrong in the new list, please don't hesitate to comment. All suggestions are welcome. Thank you very much for your attention.
@ isbum - not sure i follow...the song isn't the song length 6:54? my version plays fine till the end, the ending even builds to a climax with the horns and ride cymbals...am i tripping?
I dunno what the deal is, but you most likely aren't tripping.
Had this weird problem once before. Filmpac seemed to think my player was reading it as though it was over before it was over.
I had a listen to it on my Windows Media Player and the tracks all finished out fine, so I used that to burn a copy onto Cd. Then re-ripped it back into my computer and all was fine.
I have the 3 downloads of Kamen Rider music, so I ripped part 1 to Cd hoping that was the end of it.
sadly...it wasn't:(
Who has the original Cd's on this? I think I need a brand new rip. Yes. Isbum needs a brand new bag! Tips hat to J.Brown ;)
@ isbum - wow. thats crazy. i think your windows media player must be tripping...so when you play the song, it doesn't play out till 6:54? hmmm...have you tried playing them on winamp or VLC? as far as the cd goes, i'm afraid these came to me thru a soulseek private share, but after embarking on a little detective work, i came across this...
give that one a try and see if it still does the same thing...i sincerely hope that this little song here is not causing this whole project to be delayed...my bad isbum!!
@ tripmastermonk - Not delaying it. Filmpac and I are arguing over whether or not a xylophone can be considered "percussive" enough to warrant a spot on this compilation.
hahaha thats funny. i figured that was gonna be an issue, with the xylophone percussion and all...that along with the fact that it's one mini-song in the middle of 4 others, making it unnecessarily lengthy (almost 7 minutes!!) i didn't want to take up valuable minutes from other potential submissions, so i decided to go with the gorilla 7 instead...little did i know the can of worms that one song would open up for us.
Hi everyone, I'm new to the board and fairly new to Asian cinema. I've seen some of the more recent major films over the last 20 years or so, but have started exploring some from the 50s and 60s. I recently watched CRAZED FRUIT (Takemitsu) and WHEN A WOMAN ASCENDS THE STAIRS (Mayuzumi) and was totally enthralled. I'd love to find the scores for these if possible.
I know CRAZED FRUIT was released as part of the massive complete Takemitsu set (I believe it was Vol. 3, the first that was devoted to his film scores). I'm not sure if the Mayuzumi was ever released.
If anyone has either of these, it would be greatly appreciated. And if anyone has any suggestions for other "essentials," bring 'em on!
"When A Woman Ascends the Stairs" is contained on the compi."Works of Toshiro Mayuzumi". my old link still works. http://rapidshare.com/files/36813576/WOTM.rar
"Crazed Fruit" was composed by Takemitsu and Masaru Satoh. http://rapidshare.com/files/123716619/TT_MS-CF.rar I have 2 tracks only, so also wish someone will upload the complete set of Takemitsu. (it's so expensive...)
Thanks for the links H2O. This is great. I'll just wait patiently for someone who had the money (and now has the time!) to share CRAZED FRUIT. :) But these will certainly do until that comes along. Many thanks.
H2O, one more thing... Forgive the newbie here, but how do I find a program to play the "rar" files from Rapidshare? I'm sure it's very simple but I've never seen those files before. Thanks.
If anyone can read me... Would you happen to have a line on the full score (not just the shortened advance version) to MONGOL (starring Tadanobu Asano as Genghis Khan, music by Tuomas Kantelin)?
It's technically a Russian film, but a primarily Asian cast.
Or is the film too recent to share the OST? If so, please feel free to disregard the request above.
just came up on another kikuchi gem, for all my tokusatsu heads (all two of you!) Kamen Rider V3 Eternal Edition BGM [1973], Shunsuke Kikuchi. apologies for the low bitrate, but it's not my rip...it's only 128kps.
h20 - would you happen to have any good michiaki "chumei" watanabe music you could share? all i've heard from him so far is his work on mazinger, and a few other animes soundtracks, but his music is great!! many thanks!
Hi all, I was wondering if there was a soundtrack of Yosuke Yamashita's score to KANZO SENSEI (aka Dr. Akagi). I can't find anything with an extensive Google search, but if anyone would know if it existed, it would be you guys. :) Thanks, Jim
@ isbum Reur July 3 post of Tokyo Emmanuelle Fujin aka "Emmanuelle in Tokyo" or "Tokyo Emmanuelle" or "Wild Emmanuelle". According to IMDb, Taguchi Kumi would be one of the actors. The music composer is supposed to be Ken Sata. Am I wrong? Best
@ tripmastermonk - No guarantee, but might be of interest to you. Something I ran across in the discount bins before we hit the iceberg.
"LA Yellow 357" 1995 Cd @320 Featuring : The Mighty Bop Fresh Lab Dimitri from Paris DJ Cam Magnetic
Says "a Chan Woo Film" but no film listed, heck, no soundtrack listed either.
I dug a couple of tracks. "The Trailer" "The Chase" "Return at Bates Motel"- features Bernard Herrmann's music for "Psycho" with a beat. Also what appears to be dialogue from the dubbed into French version of "Psycho".
Face it, it's an odd compilation! Here: http://rapidshare.com/files/131255757/VA_LAYellow357.zip
before isbum shuts this shop down due to lack of activity, i thought maybe perhaps i should step in and hold it down for our hosts for the time being...i wasn't sure if anybody was even feeling any of the shunsuke kikuchi soundtracks i've been posting, so i kinda just said forget about it...but too bad for you all i change my mind now...i don't care what you think...if you snooze, you lose. so in that spirit, lemme shove some more 70's anime/tokusatsu bgm down your throat...cuz i gotta be honest with you...the quality of production and musicianship on these records are on par with (if not superior) to a lot of the euro library records coming out during that same era...(yes, a bold statement, i know) but here, don't take my word for it...see for yourself. some rarities i've been after and recently discovered.
[Chodenji] Robo Combattler V BGM Collection, [1976] by Michiaki "Chummei" Watanabe.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CBVKTH8R
Getter Robo Go Music Collection, [1974] by Shunsuke Kikuchi.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IG49VXOS
Space Adventure Cobra OST, [1982] by Kentaro Haneda
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=r98sjla3
and for anybody who missed it the first time it was posted, Kamen Rider Eternal Editions 1-3 [1971-1974], by Shunsuke Kikuchi (you might recall seeing one of the songs on one of the Dusty Fingers Compilations) highly recommended....
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KD7O31RT
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FK2OZD5J
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=82PMWHMU
hope you guys enjoy this music as much as i do...
worth mentioning however, is that each soundtrack probably has it's share of loud campy opening and ending songs, mostly aimed at the children these shows were meant for, but if you look past the silly (and sometimes obnoxious) songs you'll find some amazing music...
enjoy!
i got plenty more of this stuff too, but i never really got much of a response from these shares so i been a little shy about sharing...but given the circumstances of this barren ghost-town-like corner of franklynot, i figure its better than nothing. but lemme know what you guys think...tell me i'm crazy for liking this stuff if thats what you really think...i won't be offended!! promise!!
couple of corrections...the getter robo go is not the one i intended on sharing...here the one i wanted you guys to peep. another Shunsuke Kikuchi gem...
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SPTVE85O
and the Combattler V is not by Michiaki Watanabe, but Hiroshi Tsutsui...sure sounds like Chumei tho...
@ tripmaster Provided we are talking of the same film, i.e. Chôdenji Robo Kon-Batorâ Bui aka Super-Electromagnetic Robo Combattler V, IMDB credits Ichirô Mizuki for the score, not Hiroshi Tsutsui. I couldn't trace any "Robo's" music in the H. Tsutsui's filmography. What do you think?
If i'm not mistaken, Ichiro Mizuki was the famous vocalist who sings over the opening and end themes, (which is probably why he is credited for the music) and Hiroshi Tsutsui was the actual composer/ arranger for the music. please see here and here.
1,130 comments:
1 – 200 of 1130 Newer› Newest»Welcome to H2o
and Mr.T's Asian Cinema!
You are very lucky to be here, you're hosts have vast knowledge on the subject you have chosen to explore.
They will share some extraordinary music with you in hope that the favor will be returned.
The relationships of yin and yang, heaven and earth, light and dark has never been explored more vibrantly than in Asian Cinema.
Lets celebrate the beauty and passion of this art together.
Your hosts have been a part of the Franklynot family for a long time now, two very knowledgeable and generous friends who I now turn this over to, H2o and Mr. T!
Thanks, isbum !
Hello, everyone !
It's my honor to have a shop in here.
Can't speak English well, but Mr.t will help me.
First, introduce from the international movies.
VA - The Film Music of Akira Kurosawa
http://rapidshare.com/files/101589482/VA-TFMOAK.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/101591223/VA-TFMOAK.part2.rar
Looking forward to sharing and listening to a lot of people.
Please drop something in here.
Hi Mr. T & H20
I hope my design for your store sign is OK!
As a little opening present for you both, here are a couple of soundtracks for you to keep in stock.
I have the Korean limited copper box set DVD of Oldboy and included is the original soundtrack.
This is a favourite Asian movie of mine and has a great soundtrack.
Ripped @320kbps, alas as it came with the dvd it doesn't have a CD cover for me to scan so I've included some found online.
Oldboy : Original Soundtrack
Again included with the DVD, here is the soundtrack to Electric Dragon 8000V.
This is not really to my taste in music but I'm sure some folks here will like a copy :)
Electric Dragon 8000V : Original Soundtrack
Both my own rips from CD @320kbps and stored in my premium Rapidshare account so you can consider them both permanently "in stock" here at the Asian Cinema store ;)
Your obviously both far more knowledgable on this subject than I am. I am however a BIG fan of Asian cinema and have a decent collection on DVD, I'll have a dig and see if anymore of my collector's editions have CD soundtracks included.
Good luck with the new store, I'm looking forward to shopping here in future :)
Hey Jason,
thanks a lot for "Oldboy"!
I was gonna ask you for this after hearing the beautiful waltz on last month's "Love Scenes-Project", but here it is already. :)
I admit I didn't like the movie so much, so I guess the music never stuck with me before...?
Cheers, bud!
Infernal Affairs (Extended Score)
by Kwong Wing Chan
http://rapidshare.com/files/54555945/IA.zip
29 tracks
Uploaded by "franklin_d",
thanks to him!
Enjoy!
I'll post soon
the "Infernal Affairs" trilogy
@256 kbits/sec and with full covers
ML
Jet Li's Fearless (Tan Dun)
http://rapidshare.com/files/52152050/Jet_Li_s_Fearless_-Soundtrack_-.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/52152764/Jet_Li_s_Fearless_-Soundtrack_-.part2.rar
password = OST
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (Tan Dun)
http://rs77l34.rapidshare.com/files/39672694/tan_dun_crouching_tiger_hidden_dragon.part1.rar
http://rs89tg.rapidshare.com/files/39673328/tan_dun_crouching_tiger_hidden_dragon.part2.rar
Hero (Tan Dun)
http://rs14tl.rapidshare.com/files/39676979/tan_dun_hero.part1.rar
http://rs84l32.rapidshare.com/files/39678046/tan_dun_hero.part2.rar
The Banquet (Tan Dun)
http://rs103cg2.rapidshare.com/files/39666536/the_banquet_ost.rar
Curse Of The Golden Flower (Shigeru Umebayashi)
http://rs81cg.rapidshare.com/files/39668879/curse_of_the_golden_flower.rar
House of the flying daggers (Shigeru Umebayashi)
http://netload.in/dateiff6283d3cf93a1b1053b3fcb3f59d553.htm
Chan Kwong Wing: Infernal Affairs
http://rapidshare.com/files/101944582/WuJianDao1of3.zip
13 tracks
29 minutes
256 kbits/sec
55 MB
Covers included
+ Bonus CD: Theme Album
4 tracks
14 minutes
VBR
18 MB
Chan Kwong Wing: Infernal Affairs II
http://rapidshare.com/files/101964817/WuJianDao2of3.zip
17 tracks
47 minutes
256 kbits/sec
97 MB
Covers included
Chan Kwong Wing: Infernal Affairs III
http://rapidshare.com/files/101979623/WuJianDao3of3.zip
17 tracks
38 minutes
256 kbits/sec
75 MB
Covers included
Enjoy!
Oldboy was alleady posted...
here's his follow up:
Sympathy for Lady Vengeance (Various)
http://sharebee.com/ea503c24
provided by "Nommo23", thanks!
Enjoy!
@ benoit - Thanks for all these amazing posts!
Thanks!
@ thxjay
Sorry for delayed reply.
The logo design that you made is so powerful.
Thank you very much !
@ benoit
Too many Hong Kong stuff is fantastic.
Merci, mon ami.
Here is a Yuji Ohno's compilation.
Best - Columbia Edithion
http://rapidshare.com/files/102185851/YO-BCE.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/102187260/YO-BCE.part2.rar
"Columbia" is name of Japanese record company, not country's.
BTW Mr.t...where you gone?
A great place for a great music! Thankyou soooo much!
Come to see this place for Yuji Ohno music:
http://my.opera.com/zaratozom/blog/
See You
Glad you liked my sign design, as you can see I'm a big fan of Versus :)
...........................
Now this wouldn't be a proper Asian store without stocking some old school soundtracks, so here we go:
(((( BRUCE LEE ))))
Music composed by Joseph Koo
The Big Boss
Fist Of Fury
Way Of The Dragon
and from John Barry:
Game Of Death
All collected from various sources so thanks to the original rippers.
Game Of Death includes my custom artwork.
Now from Lalo Schifrin comes the daddy of all martial arts scores:
Enter The Dragon (Japanese Release)
and
Enter The Dragon (Remastered & Extended)
Both of the above are my own rips @320kbps with full scans
Enjoy!
Here's another one from Korea, the excellent murder mystery thriller!
Memories Of Murder
Music composed by Taro Iwashiro
Here is another one that was included with a ltd dvd set I have.
The Host
Music composed by Byeong-Woo Lee
Ripped @320kbps, again no scans becuase it came in the dvd packaging.
This film was called the "Korean Blade Runner", if you've seen it you'll know why!
Natural City
Music composed by Lee Jae Jin
This is a great little weird film from Japan about spirals!
Uzumaki
Music composed by Tetsuro Kashibuchi
Excellent Thxjay! The essentials and soooo much more! Thanks!
I guess this is the place to ask.
I once watched an asian (presumably japanese) film about a town were people got obsessed about spirals and soon everything was spiral...
If you know the movie, you'll know what I'm talking about. Anyhell, I was kinda buzzed while I watched this so I don't remember a whole lot except for the film appearing quite interesting. Should be a fairly recent horror-film actually.
Would anyone here be able to tell me what movie this was and if there's a soundtrack?
Thanks.
Well, how dumb am I?
I've had the above message typed and not yet published for half an hour and then I finally push the button to publish it right after Jay posted the score I was looking for...
My goodness...
Hey Parzival, Great Minds! ;)
Here is the soundtrack to the "wild" zombie rock 'n' roll action movie "Wild Zero" (@320kbps)
Wild Zero
After making the entertaining film "Shaolin Soccer", actor/producer Stephen Chow came up with the much more polished and professional looking action/comedy masterpiece "Kung Fu Hustle", one of the most entertaining films to emerge from Hong Kong for years.
The wonderful dramatic score by Raymond Wong is featured here on the Korean 33 track release, I'm afraid at only 128kbps because it's not my original rip.
Hong Kong Hustle
And lastly we have a rather large file (204mb) containing the Japanese album of music from the Ju-On series. This contains music from both films and the original TV video films (@320kbps)
Ju-On : Soundtrack Collection
Sayonara!
one of the best composer from Japan,probably is Yasushi Akutagawa;may be his best known score out of Japan is The village of 8 gravestones;it was released on Varese label.
request:
Lone Wolf and Cub: Baby Cart in Peril OST? Thanks!!
Welcome the shop, all !
@ georges
Works of Yasushi Akutagawa (includes 2 tracks of "The village of 8 gravestones")
http://rapidshare.com/files/102900388/WOYA.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/102902472/WOYA.part2.rar
I hope too, someone would up the full album of "The village of 8 gravestones (Yatsuhaka-Mura)".
@ tripmastermonk
"Baby Cart in Peril" has been released only 3 tracks in the comp. "Lone Wolf and Cub".
Hideaki (Hideakira ?) Sakurai - Lone Wolf and Cub Baby Cart in Peril (1972)
http://rapidshare.com/files/102933719/HS-LW_CBCIP.rar
Thanks to the original uploaoder.
Enjoy the great jazz funk tunes !
If someone has interested in the movie, check it out.
http://www.renslt.org/moviez/1408999-lone-wolf-cub-4-baby-cart-peril.html
Thanks to everybody for the great shares.
Anybody's got the whole score of Johnny To's "The Mission" ?
Here's the main theme :
http://rapidshare.com/files/102999527/Ching_Chi_Wing_-_The_Mission_Theme.mp3
I've got a Bunch of scores and works from one of my favourite composers, Joe Hisaishi.
If somebody's interested, just tell
me.
@ segroeg
Do you have "Tasumania Monogatari"
by Joe Hisaishi?
Could you send me your list of score by Hisaishi you have?
On my email adress it would be great because there are others I'm looking for!
Thanks for proposing!
ML
H2O - thank you for the links, i am happy that you now have your own little place for the music i am always looking forward to finding here at franklynot. i hope to also have some interesting things to share with you all here in the near future as well.
@ segroeg and benoit
Nice to see you here !
segroeg, would you post your favorite Hisaishi ?
I also request "Tasumania Monogatari".
Check the his official site. (available for English)
http://www.joehisaishi.com/
@ tripmastermonk
You are welcome !
Have you get "Shadow Warriors" ?
I'm looking for it.
Thanks.
A hard to find by Joe Hisaishi...
Otoko-tachi No Yamato
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PMCGTX31
Not my upload!
Enjoy!
Here's my page dedicated to Joe Hisaishi on my blog...
http://my.opera.com/Soundtracks%20Lover/blog/joe-hisaishi-world
Enjoy!
@Benoit
Je ne savais pas que tu avais une page dédiée à Joe Hisaishi !
Bravo en tout cas, je pense que je pourrai bientôt y rajouter quelques
liens supplémentaires.
Je t'enverrai ma liste complète dès que possible.
@H2o & Benoit
Sorry i don't have "Tasumania Monogatari", but i have others that i will post soon.
Nobody's got "The Mission" ?
H2O - Shadow Warriors OST seems to be impossible to find...
thank you for sharing Yasushi Akutagawa. Such beautiful music. I loved it!!
@h2o
This is one of my favourite Hisaichis
"The Tokyo Concert"
My own cd rip @320
http://rapidshare.com/files/103540979/jh-tc.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/103546939/jh-tc.part2.rar
@Benoit,
Si tu ne l'as pas, tu peux le poster sur ta page :)
@h2o & tripmastermonk
I'm no very famliar with videogames scores, but i found this and i hope that's what you're looking for :
Shadow Warriors - Original Soundtrack
http://rapidshare.com/files/103580720/ShadowWarrior.rar
@segroeg
Thanks!
@ H2o & Mr.T - Not being very knowledgeable about this genre is going to make it hard for me to come up with contributions that you fellas don't already have.
But I won't let that stop me from trying! :)
Here's something that caught my attention, hope somebody digs hearing it.
"Themes from the Movies Starring Yuen Biao" 1985 Cd @320
Various Artists
http://rapidshare.com/files/103688544/VA_ThemesYuenBiao.zip
EnJoY!
@ segroeg
"Shadow Warriors" which tripmastermonk and me are looking for is a Japanese ninja TV show starring Sonny Chiba.
I didn't know that there is a homonymous video game.
So sorry for my bad explanation, and thank you very much for the link.
"The Tokyo Concert" is enjoyable !
Hisaishi will perform at Nippon-Budokan live concerts in this summer.
I'm not famliar with Hong Kong movies.
But mr.t is an authority of that.
He will come here soon, and may help you for "the mission".
@ isbum
Thank you so much for "Yuen Biao".
Now I am studying about the Asian movies except Japan here.
You, too, let's study with me! :)
Asian animated film scored by a composer from Germany?
Yep! Right here!
"Arabian Nights : The Adventures of Sinbad" 1975 Cd @320
by Christian Bruhn
http://rapidshare.com/files/103931640/CB_ArabianNights.zip
EnJoY!
Thanks Cosmo for the above post!
@ segroeg and benoit
A couple of Hisaihis for you.
This is a biology horror.
Joe Hisaishi - Parasite Eve (1997)
http://rapidshare.com/files/104173310/JH-PE.rar
And the other is a samurai movie.
Joe Hisaishi - Mibugishinden (2003)
http://rapidshare.com/files/104172424/JH-MG.rar
Thanks to the original rippers.
@ isbum
Thanks for "Arabian Nights : The Adventures of Sinbad".
The original composer of this film is Isao Tomita.
I'm looking for it for years !
Could anyone drop it here?
@ H2o - You are welcome. Here is another soundtrack from a Japanese animated film.
"The Adventures of Captain Future"
1978 Cd @320
by Christian Bruhn
upload credit: Cosmo
in two parts
part one
http://rapidshare.com/files/104449488/CB_CaptainFuture_pt1.zip
part two
http://rapidshare.com/files/104452379/CB_CaptainFuture_pt2.zip
EnJoY!
@ H2o - I posted your request for Tomita's "Sinbad" on Attax's blog just because they specialize in all things electronic.
You know this blog
http://synopsiselektronica.blogspot.com/
very cool place!
@ isbum
Many thanks for your post to the attax and introducing to his blog.
"Sinbad" was made in 1962.
It's Tomita's second film music, and before synthesizer itself exists in the this world.
However, you can enjoy electronic Tomita about this cult movie.
Isao Tomita - Catastrophe 1999 (1974)
http://rapidshare.com/files/104492305/IT-C1999.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/104493861/IT-C1999.part2.rar
@ H2o - I am ready for a Catastrophe!
Thanks for Posting It!
@ H20- Major "Catastrophe" !!
Get that post friends! It's terrific!
Here is a violent mad movie directed by Takashi Miike.
Chu Ishikawa - Dead or Alive 2 (2000)
http://rapidshare.com/files/106516757/CI-DOA2.rar
Only track 4,8,10 from "Dead or Alive 2".
The other tracks may be from "Gokudo Sengokushi: Fudo" (aka Fudoh: The New Generation)(1996).
Ishikawa is a composer of "Tetsuo" (aka The Iron man).
Hope you enjoy !
@ benoit, segroeg and Hisaishi Lovers
Joe Hisaishi - Tasmania Story (1990)
http://rapidshare.com/files/107626010/JH-TS.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/107626408/JH-TS.part2.rar
Wow! Thank you!
Hello, you fine fellows - a splendid idea for a soundtrack blog!
Quick request - is there any chance of getting the soundtrack to the original A Chinese Ghost Story posted on here? Thanks!
Right about the end of last year, someone requested Kagemusha, and I said I was working on it, but the dude had buggered off for the holidays. Well, I got it now... before I embark on a very big upload, are we still looking for it?
Welcome ken shinn, filmpac !
@ ken shinn
A Chinese Ghost Story (12 tracks)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IZATD8KY
Courtesy of "koreandramaosts.blogspot.com".
It has a ton of Korean soundtracks.
and You can grab the 36tracks of "A Chinese Ghost Story I II III" at this blog.
http://hi.baidu.com/jackiejinyu2008/blog/item/5417df09d76d37ab2fddd43d.html
@ filmpac
We are still looking for "Shinichiro Ikebe - Kagemusha"(2CD).
Go for it !
This has to be the most problematic score I have *ever* dealt with. Requested back in December, found it, only to have my source bugger off for months. Finally get it complete. Two CDs totalling 307 Mb made it a tough one to split, initially tried with Megaupload (2 halves), but that failed overnight. Try again. Failed. So, it comes this way instead, via Rapidshare in 4 parts. Phew...
Shinichiro Ikebe "Kagemusha" (1980), @320:
http://rapidshare.com/files/108219029/SI-Kagemusha_Part1.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/108335598/SI-Kagemusha_Part2.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/108337423/SI-Kagemusha_Part3.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/108350748/SI-Kagemusha_Part4.zip
Enjoy... or else;)
Well, this seems to be the spot for me. :)
Big Asian film score fan. Have a couple of hundred here. Looking forward to being able to help out.
Best,
--mcc
@ --mcc - Glad you found it buddy!
Looking forward to your postings already!
@ filmpac
Your posts are so giant just like a Kurosawa film.
Thank you very much for the great job !
@ --mcc
Welcome to the shop.
Enjoy at ease.
@ isbum
You are reliable my spokesman.
Thank you !
Here is a samurai movie, composed by Tomoyasu Hotei.
He is famous as a rock star in Japan, and his music were used in "Kill Bill vol.1"
Tomoyasu Hotei - Samurai Fiction (1997)
http://rapidshare.com/files/108400961/TH-SF-P1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/108402137/TH-SF-P2.rar
For more details:
http://www.godzillamonstermusic.com/TOCT10200.htm
A Chinese film...
with a Korean male lead...
a Japanese villian...
a Hong Kong female lead...
and a German score composer.
Great score. I "Promise." ;)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P6M9YL53
--mcc
hi gang
been away for a few months in the far east,
thxjay the store logo looks wicked.
here's somehting i found in the Japanese bookshop in soho a while back
Sorekara (1985)
Shigeru Umebayashi
I have not seen the film myself, but it starred Yusaku Matsuda he was the Bad Guy in Ridley Scott's Black Rain, who sadly died of cancer just after Black Rain came out.
http://rapidshare.com/files/108938444/sorekara_Shigeru_Umebayashi.rar.html
will dig about for some more bits to upload.
in the mean time anyone got a score for the korean film
"Silmido"
also any Akira Ifukube stufff
cheers
T
I might have SILMIDO. Give me 'till later to hunt it down. :)
Here y'go. :)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A1TK4KAG
mcc, thanks for that , great scroe it is, the film was pretty good too.
Heres a track list I found
01. Jan 21. 1968
02. Dead-End
03. Silmido
04. Across the Line of Fire
05. 684 Task Force
06. Last Drop
07. Running on Empty
08. Elegy
09. There's no Tomorrow
10. Picture of Mother
11. Buried Truth
12. Say Goodbye
13. Searching for Names
14. Excuse for Cowards
15. Aug 23.1971
16. Song for Unknown Soldiers
17. ??
here are some old links to a lot of japanese films and tv, the links are still live:
Lone Wolf And Cub TV Series Score
Takashi Watanabe
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R3QF4CNR
Shoguns shadow
M satoh
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SC7SZH2O
Sister streetfighter 1-3
Shunsuke Kikuchi
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PPN63ZYG
World Of Masaru Satoh: Original Soundtrack
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K7ZCT1YD
G Men '75
Shunsuke Kikuchi
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NFWD3EQY g men
The Water Margin
M satoh
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ITELPQVQ
@ mr.t - Nice to see you back bro.
@ --mcc
Thank you very much for fantastic Klaus Badelt !
@ mr.t
finally I can see you here...
"Sorekara" is my favorite movie, so many appreciated for the post !
Here is your favorite Satoh.
The Film Music By Masaru Satoh Vol. 1 (PERIOD DRAMA VOLUME)
http://rapidshare.com/files/109454836/TFMBMSV1.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/109456018/TFMBMSV1.part2.rar
detail information :
http://www.godzillamonstermusic.com/MS01.htm
@ isbum
Can I sleep for awhile 'til Mr.t has gone again ? :-)
h2o
Thanks for the Satoh, really enjoyed it,
I must look out for that movie "Sorekara"
dose anyone know if the "Miyamoto Musashi" Samurai trilogy music by Ikuma Dan was ever released anyone got it for share?
T
You may already know this blog, but I just ran across it today.
The blogger is really into Asian cinema, so it's worth exploring.
http://blaxploitationpride.blogspot.com/
Chop-chop, check it out! ;)
"isbum
checked out that blogg, some good bits on there, thanx for the headz up.
this is a classic form De wolf, many of the trax were used inShaw brother films
so its a must for all shaw bros headz (wonder if there are any)
Move Archive Drama:
http://rapidshare.com/files/109890322/mad_pt1.rar.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/109876439/mad_pt2.rar.html
here's a nice little forum i've been frequenting for more current japanese, korean, and chinese/hong kong cinema and drama ost's...you gotta be a member, but registration is free. they got a lot going on over there so be prepared to be overwhelmed...happy digging!!
http://asianosts.cjb.net/
@ tripmaster - You had a show in Pasadena on the 15th?
Dang! Keep me informed if you get another one. I might be able to drop in for it.
@ mr.t - Thanks for the Drama! None of the other De Wolf Library stuff I have is as lushly orchestrated as this.
"The Soong Sisters" 2002 Cd @320
by Kitaro & Randy Miller
http://rapidshare.com/files/110428535/Kitaro_TheSoongSisters.zip
Enjoy!
I couldn't find much information on this soundtrack. From a German site I believe it states this music is to accompany a live show.
"Die Mystischen Krafte Des Shaloin -
Kung Fu" 1995 Cd @320
by Georg Gabler
*in 2 parts
part 1
http://rapidshare.com/files/110416976/GG_ShaolinKungFu_pt1.zip
part 2
http://rapidshare.com/files/110421005/GG_ShaolinKungFu_pt2.zip
Enjoy!
Oh, I'd love to hear any OSTs to the Miyamoto Musashi films (with Mifune).
Just watched all three and loved them. Anyone know if the soundtracks exist? :)
--mcc
@ isbum: haha yes i did!! and thank you! it's nice to know you might have been there had you known beforehand...how did you hear about it? there will be more to come in the near future, i'll definitely be sure to keep you posted!
@ tripmastermonk - I followed the trail over to your myspace page.
Keep me posted for sure!
@filmpac
Just wanted you to know that, although I wasn't the original requestor, your efforts on KAGEMUSHA are not in vain.
Thanks
@ tripmastermonk, isbum
Thank you for the information of Asian links.
This blog also has a ton of Chinese, Japanese, Korean soundtracks.
http://nhatkyviet.com/category/film/soundtrack/
@ mr.t, --mcc
Unfortunately, Ikuma Dan's "Miyamoto Musashi" has never been released in any format.
@ ruggo
Hope you enjoy this one too.
Satoh, Kinoshita, Takemitsu, Hayashi, Mayuzumi, Akutagawa, Tomita ...
A compilation of great Japanese composers.
Variou Artists - The Golden Age of Japanese Movies
[for more details : http://www.godzillamonstermusic.com/I2181.htm]
http://rapidshare.com/files/111457085/VA-TGAOJM.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/111458025/VA-TGAOJM.part2.rar
has anybody seen any of the ultravybe/hotwax trax composer series floating around?? i've been dying to get my hands on any of those releases and yet they always seem to elude me...
Has anybody got a copy of the OST to the Japanese sci-fi movie Ritana (Returner) by Akihiko Matsumoto?
I've been after the CD for a few years. It's been deleted.
Thanks to everyone for uploading such a wide range of quality music and for Isbum for hosting it.
With luck I'll be uploading some stuff you guys might not have on the appropriate forum.
Enjoy the weekend!
it's kinda quiet around these parts, so i thought i'd share some rare japanese tokusatsu [japanese super-hero] soundtracks from the 70's...if you liked the kamen rider soundtracks i posted a few months back, you should probably check these out too...even if you aren't familiar with the genre, it's good music nevertheless...
@320 kbps:
megaloman [79]
fireman [73]
lemme try that again...
megaloman symphonic suite [79]
and
fireman [71]
Just wanted to say a belated "wow" here and offer a few rare Japanese film score goodies; all of these are worth a listen, I think. (iTunes format)
Jo Shishido Nikkatsu Collection
Akira Kobayashi Nikkatsu Collection
Toshiaki Tsushima Collection - Toei
Konhiko Murai Collection - Hotwax
And here's a long shot, but does anyone have the Hong Kong soundtrack to Rouge?
@ 7 black notes:
WOW!! thank you for answering my prayers!! you just made my day!!
Anyone happen to have the OST to a film called SPIDER LILIES?
HK/Thai romance film, I think.
Thanks!
@ tripmastermonk
Why do you know "megaloman" or "fireman" ?
A few people knows that Japanese superhero soundtracks are treasure islands of lounge.
I'm very glad to grab both.
@ 7 Black Notes
What a great posts !
Especially Akira and Jo are great items.
Thank you very much !
@ --mcc
Spider Lilies (courtesy of nhatkyviet.com)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B2QEM8B0
@ h20 --
Thanks very much! At work now but will DL and listen later tonight!!
Anything I can help you find in return? :)
@ wayfarer --
Might be able to help with RETURNER. Give me a day or two...
--mcc
MCC - I will be very grateful if you can help out. I've had no luck with my soundtrack sharing sources :O)
unable to deal with the guilt of knowing in the back of my head that my turn to contribute to this awesome little spot i like to consider home has been long overdue, here are some more goodies i came across recently...
Abarenbo Shogun by Shunsuke Kikuchi [1978] @224 kps
and
Go! Cinemania Reel 07 Le Bande Cinema Grand Cru (松田岳二_ 選曲・監修) @192 kps
enjoy!!
@ tripmastermonk
Wao! Both of your posts are big suprise.
Thank you, my friend !
Here are old "Go! Cinemania" links.
Go! Cinemania Reel 01 - Punch the Guy
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y2FJ6593
Go! Cinemania Reel 03 - Take A Walk On The Psychedelic Side
http://rapidshare.com/files/33049500/TAWOTPS.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/33049603/TAWOTPS.part2.rar
If somebody need Reel 02(Young Turks), 04(Screaming A Go Go), 05(Erotica Kyousoukyoku), 08(Style to Kill), Let me know.
My request:
"Eros" (2004)
Thanks.
I have EROS... though it might only contain the music for Wong Kar Wai's segment (THE HAND). Will that suffice? :)
@ H2o:
yes please!! i would love to hear vol.'s 2, 4, and 5!! and thank you for more of your awesome shares!!
i also have another request...has anybody ever heard of Toshiko Morishita? the album is called 'Sai Miman No Ballad'. i saw it over at dustygroove.com and i'm curious to hear it...
Hi Folks
Very interesting shares in here!
I am currently preparing an excel link list for the various shops the same way I'm doing for the main section since it opened last year.
In this respect I have a couple of requests where your answers could help me a lot.
@ tripmastermonk
Your May 3 post relating to "Fireman": Do you have a composer's name?
Your May 6 post for "Go! Cinemania Reel 07 Le Bande Cinema Grand Cru": Is this an album or a film title and is there a composer's name (or several - in this case it would be "various artists").
@ h2o
Same question as above for your post of May 7 for "Go! Cinemania Reel 01 & 03.
@ 7 black notes
Your links of May 3:
Are Jo Shishido, Akira Kobayashi, Toshiaki Tsushima & Konhiko Murai all music composers?
I'm questionning because Jo Shishido is reported to be an actor on other sites.
I guess the 4 links are for compilations of their best works. Is that right?
Overall, thank you to indicate clearly for each post the album or film title and the composer or performer name as you would like them to appear on the link list.
A last request to all:
When you publish an hyper link, could you kindly use the complete real link as the hyper link name which is displayed.
You wouldn't lose the benefit of the hyper link and I would save time by not having to click on the hyper link and open the relevant internet page to copy the link in the address bar. I would copy the link directly from the hyper link to then paste it to the excel list.
If you don't understand exactly what I mean, please refer to what filmpac is doing elsewhere.
Sorry not to be as familiar as you are with this particular genre of music.
And thank you for your understanding and kind cooperation.
Cheers
Thx Quinlan for the Go Cinemania rips. Am really enjoying them - much appreciated.
Would love the other volumes u mention - Japanese releases are either extortionate or non-existent in London!
Respect to u & all u stand for
Q.
Hi Quinlan,
The Shishido comp is various composers, with themes and highlights from his best-known films (most never before released)-- Branded to Kill, etc. All are multi-film comps, and alas, I can't speak or read Japanese so I can't offer more specifics than that, but I know a lot of the themes from watching the films.
@ wayfarer --
Here you go...
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TF1LQBT4
Enjoy!
@ --mcc
I wish for THE HAND. Drop it here !
and many thanks for "returner".
@ quinlan
"Go! Cinemania" is title name of compilation album.
Various Artists composed.
7 black notes posted "Toshiaki Tsusima" and "Kunihiko Murai", they are music composers.
@ tripmastermonk and all
More details of GO CINEMANIA series (though Japanese site)
http://plaza.rakuten.co.jp/surregather/2008
Various Artists - Go Cinemania Reel 05 Erorica Kyousoukyoku
http://rapidshare.com/files/113646715/VA-GCR5-EK.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/113647318/VA-GCR5-EK.part2.rar
Various Artists - Go Cinemania Reel 08 Style to Kill
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FUUTOZO3
02 and 04 will be uploaded in next week.
Enjoy.
@--mcc: Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to upload the Returner soundtrack. You're a star! :O)
@ wayfarer - Took the echo off your post mate. ;)
@ h20 --
It's missing a track, I just realized. Can anyone lend... a HAND?
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NDFXSO1R
Glad to be of help, peeps. :)
Oh... would anyone be able to supply any scores to the films of
TAKASHI MIIKE or JOHNNIE TO?
Great stuff in their films. :)
@ quinlan - Fireman, aka Faiyāman was composed by Toru Fuyuki.
anybody up for some more Shunsuke Kikuchi's? just came up on some more, i can upload if anybody's interested...
another one from Shunsuke Kikuchi, Albator 84 [aka Captain Harlock Endless Orbit SSX]...
@192kps
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X4UC9S06
@ mr. t:
just caught your request from awhile back for any Akira Ikufube stuff...well, my friend, it looks like you are in luck...
it's a 3-for-1 zip file containing all 3 soundtracks to the rare Daimajin [1966] trilogy...
Akira Ikufube Daiei SFX Film Music:
-Daimajin
-Return of Daimajin
-Wrath of Daimajin
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GQZ1VN5W
i sincerely hope this is somewhat along the lines of what you were looking for...enjoy!!
tripmastermonk
That Daimajin is superb, I love it, thanks,
here is a compilation of some samurai music ripped from DVD.
loads of good stuff in there esp Shadow warrior Echo of Destiny
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HU3BZFFV
Although not Asian Cinema technically, something of interest to the Kung-Fu action films of the '70's.
This was posted by Fraykerbreaks, who noted that some pieces were
"used in the 1976 film "Black Samurai " with Jim Kelly".
Library
by Walter Murphy
All credit to fraykerbreaks!
http://rapidshare.com/files/114468986/ZLIB_WalterMurphy_CopAction75.zip
Enjoy!
@ --mcc
Thank you so much for "The Hand". I love scores of Peer Raben.
Various Artists - Go Cinemania Reel 2 Young Turks
http://rapidshare.com/files/114539414/VA-GCR2-YT.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/114539983/VA-GCR2-YT.part2.rar
Various Artists - Go Cinemania Reel 4 Screaming A Go Go
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1M71RNZ4
@ tripmastermonk
Reel 4 includes some rare Kikuchi. Check it out.
We need more Kikuchi's !
@ mr.t
Do you have Shintaro Katsu Collection ?
I am looking for it for a long time.
@ isbum
Sorry for not upload at regular board...
Thank you for Walter Murphy.
@ H2o - Please don't be sorry, you are here in your shop.
I know where to find you! ;)
@ mr.t
I am enjoying your original compilation.
It's superb too.
Must call it "Go! Cimnemania Reel 10".
Various composer of the comp. are following.
04. Isao Tomita
05. Shunsuke Kikuchi
06. Hajime Kaburagi
09. Masao Yagi
Seems to be great stuff here, although I am at a loss to figure out what kind of styles these scores represent. Would you be so kind and give a few remarks about the type of music that you post here?
@mr.t
Back in June 2007 you posted Lone Wolf and Cub TV Series Score by Takashi Watanabe. I would love to have the information necessary to tag the tracks in English. Can you help?
h2o San
I don't think i have katsu but i wil look for it,
glad you liked the compilation, need that Echo of destiny in high bitrate
was a soundtrack ever released for that film.
@Carrasco.
sorry matey can't read Japanese (Chinese is ok) maybe H2o san can help
@h2o san
I find Hanzo + Lone wolf and Cub, king record Cd .is this the one you need?
@h2o,
regarding the shintaro katsu compilation you are looking for, is that one different from the zatoichi OST series that was posted over at p-l-m.blogspot.com a few years back?
@ carrasco
More information of "Lone Wolf and Cub"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lone_Wolf_and_Cub
"Lone Wolf and Cub TV 1" was composed by Takeo Watanabe.
You can find English track list here.
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VPCD-81201
...and something happen 「奇妙な仲間 おいろけ道中」 ?
@ mr.t
"Echoes of destiny" has never been released in any music format.
In Japan, even DVD has not.
"Hanzo + Lone wolf and Cub" has been already received by private share from you.
@ tripmastermonk
Thanks for your links.
These Katsu are also wonderful.
Here is the one I'm looking for Katsu.
http://www.godzillamonstermusic.com/katsu.htm
and legendary actor Raizo Ichikawa's compilation "Shinobi No Mono / Rikugun Nakano Gakko" is much appreciated too.
http://www.godzillamonstermusic.com/KICA3033.htm
Thanks.
@h2o
Thanks for the link to the English language tracklist. Much neede and even more appreciated.
As for 「奇妙な仲間 おいろけ道中」 it simply stuck in my pasteboard for a while from where it slipped into the comment field before I was able to write something serious.
If this answer does not satisfy you, ask Quinlan's doorman or Isbum-san. ;-)
「奇妙な仲間 おいろけ道中」 means "The strange pal - sexual travel" in Japanese.
carrasco-san, you're a strange pal.:-)
Really? I copied from the Lone Wolf & Cub tracklist and thought it meant "My sword is at your service as long as you behave in a chivalrous way, havn't voted for Bush, do not pay your taxes properly etc pp."
Seems as if I had to improve my Japanese ... 8(
How comes you understand Japanese or are you fooling venerable Carrasco-san?
@ carrasco
hahaha...you are invited as a venerable translater of this shop.:-)
@ tripmastermonk
"Meiko Kaji's Female Convict Scorpion: Jailhouse 41 [1972]" that you posted is not soundtrack composed by Kikuchi.
It's a vocal album "Super Value Compilation of Meiko Kaji".
Only 1 track of "Female Convict Scorpion: Jailhouse 41" is on "Go! Cinemania Reel 04" [track 04].
Full scores have not released yet.
oh no!! i apologize for that mistake, i just recently found it on soulseek, and i was so excited to share it with you all that i didn't really stop to notice that it is indeed all meiko kaji. (no wonder all the songs sounded so familiar!) my apologies for that mistake, allow me to make up for it by fulfilling one of my own requests from before...
Nikkatsu New Action: Stray Cat Rock (Hotwax Trax) - Various Artists
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GKN08UBF
please forgive my mistake!! my bad everyone!!
@ tripmaster - Too bad you apologized.
We were all ready with our Hatori Hanzo's drawn. ;)
OOOOOOOOSSSSSSSS
here is the black cat's revnege track, I bothced it up in the Samurai mix file. there was a massive blank gap in it.
http://rapidshare.com/files/115182094/Black_cat_s_revenge__Hajime_Kaburagi_2.mp3.html
Sorry friends, if this seems out of place here.
"Double Dragon" 1994 Cd @320
various artists (songs)
http://rapidshare.com/files/115655725/VA_DoubleDragon_Songs.zip
Score by Jay Ferguson
http://rapidshare.com/files/115659404/JF_DoubleDragon_Score.zip
EnJoY!
Wow!!!
What a great page. I hadn't ventured here yet, but glad I did. Lot's of great scores here that I'd never thought of checking out and now that I have I am blown away. Great stuff!!
Any ways, had originally posted this on the main page, but think that this would be best addressed here.
I'm looking for Chan Kwong-Wing's and Peter Kam's dynamic score to WARLORDS?
Any assist on this would be greatly appreciated. :)
Thanks again for all the great Asian Cinema scores. So much fun.
Wild on,
SToothy
@ scoretooth
Welcome.
glad you enjoyed this shop.
found WARLORDS movie itself, but hard to find the score.
I will look for it.
Here is a Japanese action TV show starring "Sonny" Chiba.
Shunsuke Kikuchi - Keyhunter (1968-1973)
http://rapidshare.com/files/116468545/SK-KH.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/116470128/SK-KH.part2.rar
More details ;
http://beyond.japanhero.com/detective%20show%20profiles/key_hunter.htm
hope you enjoy !
@ H2o - YES!! thanks for another amazing share!! anything with shunsuke kikuchi and sonny chiba is sure to be a good thing!! i look forward to hearing this. many thanks!
anybody know if there are any blogs out there specializing in 70's asian music? anything from soundtracks, to psych/prog, pop, etc...i remember there used to be several out there, (semsinatra's, hanakodo, let's go j-sound, and cities on flame), but they all seem to have gone under or are no longer active...
h20 - do you perhaps know of any blogs in japan that share oldies music?
@ tripmastermonk
Unfortunately I don't know the blogs or forums about soundtracks of 70s in Japan.
This "Asian Cinema" is frontier of that, maybe.
But "Hanakodo" blog have still alive and uploded Shintaro Katsu's song.
http://hanakodo7.blogspot.com/
h2o
ejoyed that Key Hunter ,thanks for that.
picked this up in cyberspace
Hikaru Hayashi The Island (1961)
http://rapidshare.com/files/116811121/Hikaru_Hayashi_-_The_Island__1961_.rar.html
John Woo's classic
A Better Tomorrow pts 1&2
By Joseph Koo (1 track by Peter Gabriel)
http://rapidshare.com/files/116825884/pt_a.rar.html
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GRXBZNP6
@ mr. t - Mark Saltzman might be someone you're familiar with?
Superb score from the composer of
"Hard Boiled".
"Iron & Silk" 1990 Cd @320
by Michael Gibbs
http://rapidshare.com/files/117172678/MG_IronAndSilk.zip
EnJoY!
I think this might well belong here.
Various Artists -
AKIRA KUROSAWA COLLECTION (5 CDs)
Vol. 1
http://rapidshare.com/files/118097534/AK_Vol.1.rar
Vol. 2
http://rapidshare.com/files/118111370/AK_Vol.2.rar
Vol. 3
http://rapidshare.com/files/118122498/AK_Vol.3.rar
Vol. 4
http://rapidshare.com/files/118136748/AK_Vol.4.rar
Vol. 5
http://rapidshare.com/files/118147280/AK_Vol.5.rar
Have fun...
@ --mcc
On May 9 at 11:19am you posted the following link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NDFXSO1R
This was to h2o attention.
Could you please tell me what it is (Album/Film name, Composer/Performer?)
I downloaded it and it resulted in a folder named ROSE-E with 11 tracks in it tagged 01 thru 11.
So I couldn't make my mind on what it was.
Thank you for your co-operation.
Jonathan Saul Kane is often credited for inventing "trip-hop" and "big beat"; he used kung-fu film samples and bits of dialogue from "Dirty Harry" and lesser known crime and horror films.
"Spill"
by Depth Charge
http://rapidshare.com/files/119177876/DC_Spill.zip
A found record of interest to us film fans, from:
http://sickness-abounds.blogspot.com/
Mostly non-soundtrack material,
however, all credit should go to the above blogger.
@ Quinlan --
Scroll up a few lines from May 9th and have a look at what H20 had requested. ;)
@ mcc - ?
Quinlan has 7 shops to gather links from for the monthly archive.
Could you be a little clearer for him?
Please.
Even I'm guessing it's "The Hand" but who wrote the score?
Just found this page. WOW! So much great stuff!
Here's something that you guys might like.
The Film Music Of Toru Takemitsu
http://www.mediafire.com/?jno1n1mtymj
Tracklist is here:
http://www.discogs.com/release/686754
Thanks again for all the great music posted so far!
@ isbum/quinlan --
Okay, sure! 'Twas just trying to make it fun. :)
It is indeed EROS: THE HAND (the Wong Kar Wai section of the film only), by various artists.
It's missing a track though, it seems. There's a tracklisting and more info at soundtrackcollector.com,
if that helps.
--mcc
Would anyone be interested in Toshiaki Toyoda's BLUE SPRING?
Not my upload, but a very cool soundtrack featuring Thee Michelle Gun Elephant.
http://rapidshare.com/files/13533988/Blue_Spring.zip.html
@ parzival
Wow, what a great Kurosawa's !
Thank you very much !!!
@ adgy
Welcome this shop and thanks for Takemitsu.
If you have interested more Takemitsu, I will upload some.
@ --mcc
Do you know The Michelle Gun Elephant ?
@ isbum
Always thank you, my master !
Here is not movie but stage soundtrack.
Comedy group The City Boys acted, Yasuharu Konishi (Pizzicato Five) composed.
Seems like Italian soundtracks...
Yasuharu Konishi - I Messaggeri Degli Imbecilli Vanno All'Ovest (1993)
http://rapidshare.com/files/119945117/YK-IMDIVAO.rar
@ h20 --
re: Thee Michelle Gun Elephant
Only a little, I hadn't heard of them but did grab some of their music after seeing BLUE SPRING and liking their sound a lot. Probably have 5 or 6 albums of theirs. Good stuff! :)
it's way too quiet around here...i'll do my part if you guys do yours. here is Shunsuke Kikuchi's Attack of the Monsters aka Gamera Tai Dai Kaijyu Giron [1969]
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=907YOVAI
enjoy!!
Does anybody have this?
"The Guyver - Bio-Booster Armor"
by
Reijiro Koroku
Eiji Kawamura
@ isbum
I hope it's you need.
Reijiro Koroku, Eiji Kawamura - Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor (1989,1992 OVA 12 episodes)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C0DJDA3I
Courtesy of f.f. shrine forum.
Thanks to the original uploader.
Thanks f.f. shrine & H2o!
Love how quickly that got filled!
Think I may drop in to this blog more often! ;)
HELP!
Did someone from here post a track titled
"Secret Organization Shocker"
by Kikuchi Shunsuke
in "Percussive Score Tracks"?
@parzival
super thanks for the kurosawa collection, do you know if the full score to 'dreams' is included in that set?
If not would love to hear it, one of my fave movies!
I've got the score for DREAMS, if we should need it. Outstanding stuff. :)
DREAMS ~ oh yes, please post! super stuff! :)
Thinking about buying the Shinichiro Ikebe set, but Jap imports are so expensive! Would be nice to check it out first.
Thanks-s million.
@ tripmastermonk
Have you received my e-mail ?
@ georges and all
Yasushi Akutagawa - The Village of Eight Gravestones (1977) [aka Yatsuhaka-Mura]
http://rapidshare.com/files/121639546/YA-TVOEG.rar
enjoy !
@ tripmastermonk - I've decided to use "Secret Organization Shocker" by Kikuchi Shunsuke.
Here's my problems:
1. I don't know what it's from
2. It cuts out on my mp3 player about 15 seconds before finishing.
I have edited it and converted it several times but it still cut's out.
Please give me a new rip.
@ H2o - Help me out if you have this on Cd. I want to finish the Percussion project soon.
A shop link list is now available in the space where the usual Original Incredible Filmscorium monthly list is hosted.
The new list is up to date as of June 11, 2008 approximately middle of the day, depending where you're residing.
As you will see each shop has its own sheet build up the same way as the monthly list.
For some shops, such as "Golden Age Of Hollywood" or "Classical Music Hall", instead of one column for the artist, I have included one column for the composer(s) and another one for the performer(s) when one or the other information was available. This is increasing the research possibilities.
Otherwise, please refer to the main sheet explanation; it works the same way.
From now on the shop link list will be regularly updated and published on a monthly basis at the same time as the usual Filmscorium list. So you will be able to download both lists from the same space (click on "Quinlan's Monthly Excel Archive Spreadsheet".
If you discover an error or something wrong in the new list, please don't hesitate to comment.
All suggestions are welcome.
Thank you very much for your attention.
ah sheesh!! my bad! so here's another go at it... It's from the Masked Rider (aka Kamen Rider) Eternal Edition File 1, by Shunsuke Kikuchi [1971].
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9HTJP6OD
sorry for the delay!!
@ tripmastermonk - The file is broken, your versions & a version I had downloaded all cut out 30 seconds before ending.
Don't worry, I'm editing it down.
But you should know that before you burn it to a Cd.
@ isbum - not sure i follow...the song isn't the song length 6:54? my version plays fine till the end, the ending even builds to a climax with the horns and ride cymbals...am i tripping?
I dunno what the deal is, but you most likely aren't tripping.
Had this weird problem once before.
Filmpac seemed to think my player was reading it as though it was over before it was over.
I had a listen to it on my Windows Media Player and the tracks all finished out fine, so I used that to burn a copy onto Cd.
Then re-ripped it back into my computer and all was fine.
I have the 3 downloads of Kamen Rider music, so I ripped part 1 to Cd hoping that was the end of it.
sadly...it wasn't:(
Who has the original Cd's on this?
I think I need a brand new rip.
Yes. Isbum needs a brand new bag!
Tips hat to J.Brown ;)
@ All - Our May compilation,
"Franklynot Goes Bananas!"
VA - Volume 7
is available on our Main Page now!
@ isbum - wow. thats crazy. i think your windows media player must be tripping...so when you play the song, it doesn't play out till 6:54? hmmm...have you tried playing them on winamp or VLC? as far as the cd goes, i'm afraid these came to me thru a soulseek private share, but after embarking on a little detective work, i came across this...
http://foro.tokuriders.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1011
give that one a try and see if it still does the same thing...i sincerely hope that this little song here is not causing this whole project to be delayed...my bad isbum!!
@ tripmastermonk - Not delaying it.
Filmpac and I are arguing over whether or not a xylophone can be considered "percussive" enough to warrant a spot on this compilation.
@ tripmastermonk - Thanks for the link to that site. It's a variable bit rate job, but the track sounds good AND it plays through to the end.
Now I'll see if it will work in the compilation somehow. Xylophone and all! ;)
hahaha thats funny. i figured that was gonna be an issue, with the xylophone percussion and all...that along with the fact that it's one mini-song in the middle of 4 others, making it unnecessarily lengthy (almost 7 minutes!!) i didn't want to take up valuable minutes from other potential submissions, so i decided to go with the gorilla 7 instead...little did i know the can of worms that one song would open up for us.
Tripmastermonk - For every action...
;)how true!
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the board and fairly new to Asian cinema. I've seen some of the more recent major films over the last 20 years or so, but have started exploring some from the 50s and 60s. I recently watched CRAZED FRUIT (Takemitsu) and WHEN A WOMAN ASCENDS THE STAIRS (Mayuzumi) and was totally enthralled. I'd love to find the scores for these if possible.
I know CRAZED FRUIT was released as part of the massive complete Takemitsu set (I believe it was Vol. 3, the first that was devoted to his film scores). I'm not sure if the Mayuzumi was ever released.
If anyone has either of these, it would be greatly appreciated. And if anyone has any suggestions for other "essentials," bring 'em on!
Thanks.
Hi wordsofnote, welcome the shop !
"When A Woman Ascends the Stairs" is contained on the compi."Works of Toshiro Mayuzumi".
my old link still works.
http://rapidshare.com/files/36813576/WOTM.rar
"Crazed Fruit" was composed by Takemitsu and Masaru Satoh.
http://rapidshare.com/files/123716619/TT_MS-CF.rar
I have 2 tracks only, so also wish someone will upload the complete set of Takemitsu. (it's so expensive...)
hope you enjoy.
Thanks for the links H2O. This is great. I'll just wait patiently for someone who had the money (and now has the time!) to share CRAZED FRUIT. :) But these will certainly do until that comes along. Many thanks.
H2O, one more thing... Forgive the newbie here, but how do I find a program to play the "rar" files from Rapidshare? I'm sure it's very simple but I've never seen those files before. Thanks.
@ wordsofnote -
first, download rar file from rapidshare link to your PC.
next, use a soft "WinRAR 3.71".
http://www.rarsoft.com/
@ H2O - Many thanks for the info. Worked perfectly.
@ filmpac - No offense taken. I try to make an impression when I enter a room. LOL
@ wordsofnote - You certainly accomplished that, "newbie". ;)
You should have seen the size of the question mark that appeared over my head! LOL!
Kidding aside, the ribs are free,
but the Szechuan Pork is out of this world! ;)
Chi To Hone (Blood & Bones)2004
A Kitano movie, music by Taro Iwashiro
CD rip @320
http://rapidshare.com/files/124059067/Blood_and_Bones.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/124064072/Blood_and_Bones.part2.rar
Could please to Parzival
The soundtrack to the new Johnnie To film, SPARROW, has a myspace page.
http://www.myspace.com/sparrowsoundtrack
Great loungy stuff!
Where'd everybody go? CQ, CQ...
If anyone can read me...
Would you happen to have a line on the full score (not just the shortened advance version) to MONGOL (starring Tadanobu Asano as Genghis Khan, music by Tuomas Kantelin)?
It's technically a Russian film, but a primarily Asian cast.
Or is the film too recent to share the OST? If so, please feel free to disregard the request above.
Thanks... over. :)
@ ALL - 3 DAYS LEFT TO PICK AND POST A TRACK FOR BIG WESTERN ACTION 2.
Hop to it Cowboys & Girls!
Could someboby provide soundtrack for "Rising sun" by Toru Takemitsu (maybe it was already and i have not noticed...)..
Thanks!!
"Tokyo Emmanuel Fujin"
by Taguchi Kumi
http://rapidshare.com/files/126867627/TK_TokyoEmmanuelleFujin.zip
n-joy!
@ isbum
Thanks for "Tokyo Emmanuel Fujin" !
@ eda-88
It's just only one U.S.movie composed by Takemitsu.
Toru Takemitsu - Rising Sun (1993) @320
http://rapidshare.com/files/127224157/TT-RS.rar
@ tripmastermonk
Your Kikuchis file is broken.
Would you re-up it ?
okay, let's try this one more time...new link for Tosho Daimos [1978], by Shunsuke Kikuchi...
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=60R917A1
hopefully this time there won't be any problems with this one...let me know if this one gives you problems too.
just came up on another kikuchi gem, for all my tokusatsu heads (all two of you!) Kamen Rider V3 Eternal Edition BGM [1973], Shunsuke Kikuchi. apologies for the low bitrate, but it's not my rip...it's only 128kps.
http://www.megaupload.com/pt/?d=TPRQFQT7
@ h20,
Thanks!
I knew that you can help!!
h20 - would you happen to have any good michiaki "chumei" watanabe music you could share? all i've heard from him so far is his work on mazinger, and a few other animes soundtracks, but his music is great!! many thanks!
@ eda-88-
you're welcome.
@ tripmastermonk-
Thanks for re-up Tosho Daimos.
Some heroes by Michiaki "Chumei" Watanabe
ECCENTRIC SOUND OF SPIDERMAN
http://www.mediafire.com/?njdmdml5jj0
or
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HS03UD02
Himitsu Sentai Goranger MUSIC COLLECTION
http://www.mediafire.com/?ec1crd2zxjj
or
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3KOR7R4F
JAKQ Dengekitai MUSIC COLLECTION
http://www.mediafire.com/?y92dypwf1d2
or
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E4E7LAYL
All from "tokubrasil" forum.
Thanks to the original uppers.
You can grab tremendous hero soundtracks here.
http://www.tokubrasil.com/forum/index.php?showforum=23
h2o - thank you!! thats exactly what i needed!! that place is a goldmine!!
Hi all,
I was wondering if there was a soundtrack of Yosuke Yamashita's score to KANZO SENSEI (aka Dr. Akagi). I can't find anything with an extensive Google search, but if anyone would know if it existed, it would be you guys. :)
Thanks, Jim
@ wordsofnote -
Yamashita is well known as a jazz piano player.
He plays very hard, so sometimes destroys a piano...
Yosuke Yamashita - Dr.Kanzo (1998)
http://rapidshare.com/files/128316281/YY-DK-PT1.rar.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/128316278/YY-DK-PT2.rar.html
@ H2O - Thanks very much for the Dr. Akagi files. I can't believe this stuff exists!
hello everyone !
I'm desperately looking for the score of the thaï horror movie "shutter" by Chartchai Pongprapapan. Could anyone help me pleeease?
@ isbum
Reur July 3 post of Tokyo Emmanuelle Fujin aka "Emmanuelle in Tokyo" or "Tokyo Emmanuelle" or "Wild Emmanuelle".
According to IMDb, Taguchi Kumi would be one of the actors. The music composer is supposed to be Ken Sata.
Am I wrong?
Best
@ quinlan - I ran across that many moons ago and don't remember.
@ H2o - Do you know?
request...
if anybody is even here to take requests, but i'm looking for michiaki "chumei" watanabe's bodyguard ost.
feels a little lonely here...
@ tripmaster - Now that you mention it, I wonder myself how the guys, H2o and Mr. T are doing?
Guess I'd better drop them a line and see if everything is A-O.K.
Heya peeps,
A while ago someone requested the OST to Akira Kurosawa's DREAMS.
Is it still needed out there?
I'm also seeking the OST to the Jet Li/Andy lau film THE WARLORDS (score by Chan Kwong Wing, etc) if anyone can help. :)
@ tripmastermonk - No guarantee, but might be of interest to you.
Something I ran across in the discount bins before we hit the iceberg.
"LA Yellow 357" 1995 Cd @320
Featuring :
The Mighty Bop
Fresh Lab
Dimitri from Paris
DJ Cam
Magnetic
Says "a Chan Woo Film" but no film listed, heck, no soundtrack listed either.
I dug a couple of tracks.
"The Trailer"
"The Chase"
"Return at Bates Motel"- features Bernard Herrmann's music for "Psycho" with a beat. Also what appears to be dialogue from the dubbed into French version of "Psycho".
Face it, it's an odd compilation!
Here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/131255757/VA_LAYellow357.zip
Hi,
Just look here, a new great blog about Joe Hisaishi:
http://my.opera.com/GhibliLover/blog/
Enjoy!
before isbum shuts this shop down due to lack of activity, i thought maybe perhaps i should step in and hold it down for our hosts for the time being...i wasn't sure if anybody was even feeling any of the shunsuke kikuchi soundtracks i've been posting, so i kinda just said forget about it...but too bad for you all i change my mind now...i don't care what you think...if you snooze, you lose. so in that spirit, lemme shove some more 70's anime/tokusatsu bgm down your throat...cuz i gotta be honest with you...the quality of production and musicianship on these records are on par with (if not superior) to a lot of the euro library records coming out during that same era...(yes, a bold statement, i know) but here, don't take my word for it...see for yourself. some rarities i've been after and recently discovered.
[Chodenji] Robo Combattler V BGM Collection, [1976] by Michiaki "Chummei" Watanabe.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CBVKTH8R
Getter Robo Go Music Collection, [1974] by Shunsuke Kikuchi.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IG49VXOS
Space Adventure Cobra OST, [1982] by Kentaro Haneda
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=r98sjla3
and for anybody who missed it the first time it was posted, Kamen Rider Eternal Editions 1-3 [1971-1974], by Shunsuke Kikuchi (you might recall seeing one of the songs on one of the Dusty Fingers Compilations) highly recommended....
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KD7O31RT
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FK2OZD5J
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=82PMWHMU
hope you guys enjoy this music as much as i do...
worth mentioning however, is that each soundtrack probably has it's share of loud campy opening and ending songs, mostly aimed at the children these shows were meant for, but if you look past the silly (and sometimes obnoxious) songs you'll find some amazing music...
enjoy!
i got plenty more of this stuff too, but i never really got much of a response from these shares so i been a little shy about sharing...but given the circumstances of this barren ghost-town-like corner of franklynot, i figure its better than nothing. but lemme know what you guys think...tell me i'm crazy for liking this stuff if thats what you really think...i won't be offended!! promise!!
couple of corrections...the getter robo go is not the one i intended on sharing...here the one i wanted you guys to peep. another Shunsuke Kikuchi gem...
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SPTVE85O
and the Combattler V is not by Michiaki Watanabe, but Hiroshi Tsutsui...sure sounds like Chumei tho...
sorry about the confusion...
enjoy.
@ tripmaster
Provided we are talking of the same film, i.e. Chôdenji Robo Kon-Batorâ Bui aka Super-Electromagnetic Robo Combattler V, IMDB credits Ichirô Mizuki for the score, not Hiroshi Tsutsui.
I couldn't trace any "Robo's" music in the H. Tsutsui's filmography.
What do you think?
@ quinlan:
If i'm not mistaken, Ichiro Mizuki was the famous vocalist who sings over the opening and end themes, (which is probably why he is credited for the music) and Hiroshi Tsutsui was the actual composer/ arranger for the music. please see here and here.
Mr. T or H2O
may you add alink for the Hanzo + Lone wolf and Cub collection ?
thanks !
Wattstax
Most wanted it would be the Hanzo tracks ;)
I have three Kitano movies scores (Dolls, Broher, Zatoichi) I can post if you may be interested ...
thanks for any help
the good ol blogger: Wattstax
@ H2o & Mr.T - Congratulations on post 200 here at your fine shop!
See you on page two!
Post a Comment