Hello everybody! Just a word before we get started.. three things will get your post removed. 1. Complaining 2. Being Negative or Rude 3. Your Name is Greg
If all of you can do that, we should have one swell time together.
One last thing, if you happen to see a post from Greg here, please don't respond to it. Those will be deleted and I will take great pleasure in doing so.
I turn it over to you wonderful people who have made sharing music such great fun.
Hehe, nice to see you here, Isbum... :) Looks like we will have a new great place (especially with the #3)!
As my first requests, i'll put up the one who haven't got any replies in YDHTV since the begining... Poltergeist II complete score (2cd) King Arthur Recording sessions (NOT the complete score) The Last Samurai Complete score Willow [Complete Score] (2-CD) (James Horner) Beetlejuice [2-CD edition] (Danny Elfman)
Thanks...
Breton Girl
Oh, and is there any way to have the anonymous comments here? I'm really not great to remember passwords... ;( *blush*
Nice! I like it! I know I'm pretty new, but, I've seen Greg's foolishness and really can't comprehend it, so, let the sharing continue in a more peaceful environment? Any requests?
Hello all, I'm still here. It seems very strange that when I Came back from my Easter Holidays I found YDHTVTB had gone into abuse mode & WW3GREG had started, and all of the good guys & gals had moved on, then when I finally tracked you all down at Scorebaby annex, WW4GREG had also started. Anyway thanks to Isbum for finding this nice quiet place and Greg free.
I may have a few Bruton Library discs (Music by Mark Shreeve)in the pipeline, if anyone is interested.
I do have a couple of requests:-
KHARTOUM / MOSQUITO SQUADRON Music by Frank Cordell.
633 SQUADRON / SUBMARINE X-1 Music by Ron Goodwin.
So isbum, should I repost my requests list here? You all probably know what I'm looking for....F*U*N*K*! Blaxploitation OSTs, wah wah guitars, funky jazz, etc.
One thing thats always confused me is whether or not we can request Broadway soundtracks. Must it only be film and television or is theater included too?
Hey filmpac! Your post reminded me of something I think would be nice for us "neophytes". When posting a soundtrack can we agree to put a brief description of the sound of the music, like jazz, funk, jazzy funk, orchestral, etc.? I always felt like I missed out on a lot of albums that I would have liked but didn't download because I was totally unfamiliar with it. Please school us newbies to the scene! Thanks!
Nice to see you, my friends! The hors d'oeuvres aren't ready yet, but kick back and make yourselves at home.
I guarentee we'll all be hearing some great music at this party.
A movie's soundtrack is open to whatever kind of music fit's the movie, that's what I've always loved about them.
Please feel free to post any type of music you like (request it too). If it's not on a soundtrack yet, one day it might be, so keep an open mind. Or, as the lyric goes, "Free your mind, and your butt will soon follow."
A little tweaking may be done as we go, but for now, I just want to be another guest and enjoy the party with of all of you.
@ soulpeeps - Good idea. I remember when I first started picking downloads, I would read the comments to try and get an idea what kind of music to expect. General catagories should do fine.
Glad you found the place Mel! All is good in the universe when you are here. Feel free to Jazz up the folks here, everybody needs a break from soundtracks sometime.
I sent out invitations, so everybody should show up sooner or later. I couldn't get through to cedric007, so if anybody knows him, kindly let him know we are here. Thanks
Mark Isham's THE BEAST from 1988-CD rip @320Kb http://rapidshare.com/files/28904423/The_Beast.part1.rar http://rapidshare.com/files/28898810/The_Beast.part2.rar
@isbum- Thank you for inviting me to your blog :) Can't wait to settle in and post more goodies. I'm on the mend, and my posts will be slow to come, but I managed to get one together today, and I don't think this one has been posted before (could be wrong), anyhow here is
WINTERHAWK -Lee Holdridge.
Sound quality is not great, but it an unreleased score and a good one at that.
@Isbum Glad to hear we can request/post non-soundtrack material. In regard to Soulpeeps' Broadway question, I have a pretty good collection of Original Casts and am happy to share. I also have a stong interest in jazz and 20th century classical.
I have a few things that I'd like to request. Bernard Herrmann's "The Planets" Haven't heard that since I had the Lp. If you have something you love by Louis Armstrong. Great. I'm in that kind of mood. Did Buddy Rich ever get funky in the 70's? I keep lookin at some of his later releases and wondering.
Looking for the two Shelly Manne Lp's that covered Mancini's "Gunn!" score.
Congratulations on your new blog! I'm just sorry that you had to go to the extra trouble of setting one up in the first place, but thank you all the same.
I'm not sure whether this has already appeared here (or during the posts of Jimmy Smith albums), but there is a 1958 recording by Smith called "Home Cookin'" that is available at Rangeraver's blogspot.
The blog is at http://rangeraver-lounge.blogspot.com/
@ don roberto - You are welcome here and setting up wasn't that difficult. The funny thing was, my tagline (under the blog name) was written a month ago. It was to be a statement on how I felt about having to have a blog. Now it takes on a whole other meaning. Quite ironic, how this happened.
@ mr.T - Thanks for the posts buddy! Listening to "Outlaw Riders" now. Great addition to my biker scores collection!
@ All - Sorry to go on so much. I promise to shut up when the welcomes are done. Very excited to see all of you! You are the best folks that I've met in blogland!
@ Isbum - I gather you probably didn't want to make a big deal of your new blog here, considering there was just the one wee anonymous posting on ScoreBaby. I am thinking quite a few folk could easily overlook that. Just a thought, but perhaps a bit of an annoucement both on ScoreBaby and YDHTVTB might catch the eye for folk like Sallie.
PS. Ferrio's Puzzle will be coming, but alas in a day or so. To keep it as one rar file, I need to use Megaupload, and can't do that until tonight (drains the computer).
@ soulpeeps - I have found Dynamite Brothers, but alas only @160. Still interested?
@ amadues - I can't help at all on your requests, sorry. Please know that lack of a response does not mean lack of an effort. I wouldn't mind those two either.
First I'd like to extend a hearty thank you to our host for setting up shop here. Already off to a great start! If nothing else, our persistence is a real testament to the strength of our little community.
Alright, so here's a list of the scores I'm currently after:
Until September – John Barry Light it Up (bootleg) – Harry Gregson-Williams America’s Sweethearts (bootleg) – James Newton Howard The Halloween Tree – John Debney
Wow, less than a day, and already a lot of great posts! And nice to see all the sympathetic people came... I just love the fresh air we could smell here! :)
Man alive, what a great way to kick off here. The atmosphere is outstanding... one only has to check back elsewhere to see the difference. Kudos to all. Jolly jolly:))
@ h2o - Fantastic!! You have no idea how happy that makes me! I have been requesting your post f o r e v e r and really gave up hope that I would ever see it.
That topped off a very special day here for me perfectly.
Welcome h2o! I hope you have a great time visiting my blog and meeting all the nice people who drop by. Cheers!
Here is the expanded edition of Tomorrow Never Dies, including an interview with David Arnold. It features off course more music than the regular release (although lacking Sheryl Crow's titlesong), yet it still is not complete, so there are more themes to come. In the meanwhile enjoy the warmly recommended Tomorrow Never Dies by David Arnold:
Considering your fondness for Audrey Hepburn, you probably have this in your collection. But just in case you don’t, here’s Henry Mancini’s Breakfast At Tiffanys.
I owe you a stack, buddy – and finally there’s something I can share with you. I’m only sorry that I don’t have the first one, but here’s Shelly Manne’s Son Of Gunn:
Speaking about Broadway: Quite awhile ago I ran into a fantastic set of (I think 4) CD's that showcased the great Broadway hits in their foreign language versions.
@ 7 Black - TILT :) Oh no you di'ant! ;) I noticed your fan's pleas for a new Italian Blend. Looking foreward to another cuppa that dark roast myself.
@ scoredaddy - Excellent choices! Nice crossover of my interests. I wouldn't have expected Oscar Peterson but a welcome surprise that is! Is it possible to upload them as a single download, though? A thirty to fourty min. Lp, I usually get uploaded in around 20 min. on megaupload. Splitting these files may be taking more time than needed. Oh my..trying not to come across as being blunt takes mad language skills. :))
@ mel - You son of a Gunn;) That's great! I didn't know the 2nd one existed till I was at a record store in Whittier (CA.) a couple weeks ago.
@ mr.t & janus2810 - I got a pretty good copy of "Goliath and the Barbarians" Gimme a sec. and I'll drop a link.
@ janus2810 - I dunno much about kbit's or whatever, but re-ripped Goliath that I had. "Goliath and the Barbarians" by Les Baxter
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MK160E3Z
BTW janus -that Ferrio "Perversion Story" posted at vinylophiles would be nice to share over here. Any chance the original uploader would get upset if we did?
Hi Isbum- Yes, I'm hanging in there. It's a slow process, but I'm hopeful :) I won't be able to transfer any vinyl any time soon, as it takes too much foot work at this time. But I still have quite a bit of cds I can work with.
@Isbum Single download? You mean all four discs in one file? I have a premium account with Rapidshare which unfortunately has the 100MB limit. should I reup at Megaupload?
hey guys, just been reading through all the comments about the 'G' man (dare not mention his name) on scorebaby annex - had me in fits of laughter and with the picture too!!! good move you have all made here + loving all the scores, just wanted to say thanks and may the 4th be with you all ;-) blog in peace!
@ scoredaddy - Most probably I am confused, but is the Buddy Rich a 2 disc cd? Or is it one cd split into 2 rapidshare downloads? Be forgiving, I am ancient.;)
@ Sorry scoredaddy, isbum still confused. I have ripped some scores that are 70+mins at 320 and upped them at the old reapidshare without incident. Did they lower the limit?
@ Isbum - Scoredaddy is indeed correct. A 70+ min CD ripped @320 will certainly run to about 160MB, exceeding the rapidshare limit of 100MB. Either it needs to be split, or upped using Megaupload or another service.
Clearer now scoredaddy. Guess that's why quinlan often places his graphics as a seperate download. So you can teach an old dog new tricks. :) Cool daddy-O!
@ mel - Some Lp's I picked up last night with you and quinlan in mind. Look these over and give me an idea what you'd like to hear first. I can rip them accordingly. Sammy Kaye - Raindrops Keep Fallin' Phil Woods - Greek Cooking Roger Williams - Academy Award Winners (Kapp records)
If you have them already, let me know too, we'll see if quinlan wants those when he returns.
Remember too, there is a trick to avoid the dreaded rapidshare wait time.
If you are on a dynamic IP address (ADSL, for example, gives a different IP address every connect), all you need do is download part 1, disconnect, wait a minute, reconnect, and download part 2. As you get a new IP address, rapidshares waves you through.
If on a static IP address (same address every time you connect), then you need to delete cookies between downloads. If need be, you can save them first to a temp folder and copy back when done.
Usually this works, certainly does for me anyhow. Anyhow, hope it helps someone out there.
@ maimone digital - Thanks man! Welcome here anytime friend.
@ scoredaddy - It's a small price to pay for the quality you put in to your uploads. Don't change anything on my account, I'm still learning things with friends here. Defintely let you know when I've heard your shares!
@ mel - Gunn 2 was great by the way! Gunna' be a nice pair when we get them both. ;)
Thanks isbum I hope you enjoy them. I myself subscribed to a Rapidshare premium account which I have found to be a very good value. I paid a bit over $40.00 for six months. Many of the blogs I visit post multi-part rapidshare files and I find it is well worth it. Now that so many are using Megaupload, I may have to buy that as well. For all the great music available, I feel it's a good buy.
"Bang the Drum Slowly" by Stephen Lawrence *just a little dialogue
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=84TDVRB9
Description: Mostly mellow score with a country music influence. A bit like Patrick Williams. Nice theme song. Pic's from back included- check De Niro at bottom right shot- looks like Peter from "Heroes". enJoY
thank you for giving a description of the music. If I could, I would like to encourage everyone to do that, even if you think it's common knowledge. It really helps us newbies out! :)
Since I don't have alot of soundtracks to share and I don't know the musical tastes of folks here outside of soundtracks, I am going to post a sample track from an artist from my collection. If anybody likes it just say so and I will post the whole album. If you don't think its a good idea then I will stop, but I think it will actually help weed out music that sounds good to your ears.
First up:
Rachelle Ferrell - Run To Me http://www.zshare.net/audio/08-run-to-me-mp3.html
Brief description: Composer, lyricist, arranger, musician and vocalist Rachelle Ferrell is a recent arrival on the contemporary jazz scene, but her visibility on the pop/urban contemporary scene has boosted her audience's interest in her jazz recordings.
Born and raised in Philadelphia, Ferrell got started singing in the second grade at age six. This no doubt contributed to the eventual development of her startling six-and-change octave range.
*Yes folks, you read that right. 6+ octave range. Hold on to your drawers at about the 2:40 mark.
@ isbum - An effective little giallo score, hypnotic and melodic from the opening track "Labyrinthus" on. From CD with two bonus tracks that were intended for release as a single.
@ all - I didn't really want to harp on the past, but this is just too good to let slide. Pssst... G-head *really* has updated his yahoo profile page. The toothless wino photo has bitten the dust, along with all his other details. Oh man, that just cracks me up bigtime.
Now that we are happily ensconced in our new digs (you rock Isbum), and looking back today on the ghost towns that were once the ScoreBaby and YDHTVTB request pages, I feel this to be a fitting final thought for the man who single-handedly destroyed two fine blogs. From one of my favourite films...
"He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind." - Fredric March, "Inherit The Wind" (1960).
Found it well worthwhile to have both Rapidshare & Megaupload premium accounts on an annualized basis.
Couple of good free alternatives are: MEDIAFIRE & FileHo.
@soulpeeps: Thanks for Rachelle Ferrell track. Little too much electronic doowaawaa going on in the background for me, but that range sure reminds me of Yma Sumac.
Here's a track from Haley Westenra that is to die for:
@ soulpeeps - Any explantion here on how to create a hyperlink will in itself create a hyperlink LOL! But take a look on this Creating Hyperlinks tutorial. Note the very first line. Also check example 1A.
Rachelle Ferrell did a jazz album entitled "First Instrument". This review from Amazon.com is pretty accurate:
This is close to a "must own" cd for jazz fans. Rachelle Farrell has incredible range and energy. As the other reviews mention, she handles the material with great creativity and puts a fresh spin on standards.
A small caution: if you are not interested in improvisation and somewhat unusual presentations of the material, you might look elsewhere (e.g. Diana Krall). Some of the songs are more or less vocal exercises and experiments ("Inchworm" for example). She also occasionally comes off ocasionally putting technique first, screeching a bit without much of a buildup. This sort of surprise and unique approach is what makes her so great; but I realize from comments from others who have heard this cd that it's not to everyone's taste. For my money the inventiveness and incredible energy of a singer like Ferrell blows away any more pedestrian performers.
Take a look back on ScoreBaby for boofhead's latest idiotic petty rant. Greg is so DUMB he ain't yet worked out we've all buggered off. And so DESPERATE to make any kind of statement, to ANYONE at all, he's creating arguments out of thin air with ghosts. And STILL trying to justify himself.
Nice one Ruggo, I upped the Caine a while back but the link got clobbered fairly quick. Most sought after by the collectors, it can sell in the thousands. Grab it quick folks!
I let Kris know that he could delete both posts if he wanted to. I thought he just locked them and changed the heading to let visitors know that active links could be found there. That didn't work out I see.
Score Baby is a class act and I had no buissness bringing our trouble to his blog. I made an apology to him and hope that we remain friends.
@ filmpac - Listening to "Puzzle" while cooking tonight. I love his style, thanks a quadrillion!
Thanks for the kind words; I did receive your invitation by the way.
On a different topic, is anyone interested in Christopher Young's jazzy score for Norma Jean & Marilyn, that has been out of print for more than a year now?
If so let me know, because I regard it as my duty to share this great score with others ;-)
Cedric, as a Marilyn fan, i say YES to the score for Norma Jean & Marilyn, thanks a lot!!!!!!! :)
And by the way, if anyone want the score for How To Marry A Millionaire (a jazzy score composed by Alfred Newman), ask me and i'll post this tomorrow...
Hi everyone. Here is my first contribution to Isbum's new site. The first of five Bruton Music library discs, by Mark Shreeve (Synth / Rock) similar styles to the Tangs. Filmpac should like this one.
"RIDING THE EDGE" @320
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A7FBPDVW
Some notes about this post:- Track 1 - Image Attack is from the soundtrack to the film "BUY & CELL". Most of the other tracks have been used in TV Documentries.
I have not included the short versions of each track, which are listed on the artwork. (If you want these just ask).
Enjoy!! (If you want me to post the other four, just give me the nod).
Good morning all @ edsbebop - dig the name, only several tracks of "Family Plot" out there on some Hitchcock comp. I no longer have, sorry. Mebbe someones done a DVD rip. "Mac & Me" while I've seen copies in my record hunting, never got curious enough to buy this. Someone here's probably got it.
@ mr.t - I'll get "Perversion Story" pretty soon. I invited the folks at vinylophiles to visit us, with any luck, "whoops" will share his link here.
@ ronnie c. - Welcome buddie! I'm definetly checking that out. Thanks for sharing it.
@ new visitors - If I miss out on saying a personal hello, hello! I will never be as good as nomwl1 at keeping track of everybody, but know that I appreciate your visit!
First up today,
"Quintessence" 1961 Jazz by Quincy Jones & Orchestra * Fave track - "Invitation" written by Bronislaw Kaper
@ edsbebop I have the Va$r$ese CD of Hitchcock music Isbum mentioned. It has only has one trck from Family Plot, the End Credits. If you want, I could dig it out and upload for you. Let me know.
@ The person looking for "Colored Girls/Suicide" title. Is it a musical? White cover with a painting of a "colored" girl on the front? I know I've seen this somewhere. Little more info please?
I have a request.
"Man Child" by Herbie Hancock Of the groovy 3, "Thrust" and "Headhunters" have been re-issued on vinyl, but Man Child hasn't yet. If so, I can't find it.
@ amazing mumford - I've always thought a lot of John Barry's scores sound a bit, erm, "samey", and this one contains the Barry trademarks. Nevertheless, this is a pleasant romantic score to what was a very romantic "chick flick".
@ alfrodo - You asked about the 3-CD Spartacus complete score available at La Layenda De Los Soundtracks. You said that the link there for the first disc was dead, and I was just about to upload a copy I found elsewhere, but on checking just now it seems the links for all three discs are fine.
Please let me know if you are still experiencing problems, and I'll post mine. Or anyone else too.
"Greek Cooking" Phil Woods arranged & conducted by Norman Gold * features Themes from "Zorba the Greek" "Samson and Delilah" "Anthony and Cleopatra"
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IJOI411R
@ Mel - Sorry to say the Roger Williams AA Winners didn't pan out. Previously owned by Catwoman. Got my attention because of Ralph Carmichael's ("The Blob","The Cross & the Switchblade") involvement. Anyone out there have Carmichael's score for "The Restless Ones"? I'd dig it!
@ filmpac - Oh, darn! Turns out the name of the Lalo I am tracking is really titled "Most Wanted". Thanks for the effort! Lalo in a gorilla suit standing between the Twin Towers, bet it makes him sad to see it now. It bums me out too.
many thanks for "No One Home" and EVEN MORE THANKS for "Bang the Drum Slowly".
The title song is one of my favorite tracks EVER !!! I bought that LP as cutout probably 20 years ago and loved that song since then.
Concerning Schifrin, if you search something, just go to http://www.dougpayne.com/schifrin.htm There EVERY Schifrin record ever is listed. Or just ask me, I also know most of them (actually, with very few exceptions, I also have everything, but some things only on LP and can't transfer them).
Still missing: "Grabado en vivo", "Rhino" (EP) and "The Wrath of God". And the very early Argentinian records of the 50ies.
I'm like Scoredaddy and have the end credits from Family Plot on the Hip-O Records release called "Alfred Hitchcock Presents: Signatures In Suspense." It is long out of print. I'm a huge Hitchcock fan, and have been looking for a soundtrack of just Family Plot for years, but have had no luck. I think the only way it's available is just the end titles.
I was the one who requested "For Colored Girls...". And, yes you described the cover which I believe is the same as the book. Here is a link to the image:
"The Raging Moon" (tracks 1-14) "Kaleidoscope" (15-25) by Stanley Myers * the ones who have been around know this is from my Wisconsin friend. He does excellent Lp transfers.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9N4HZK20
Also, I added additional cover graphics in case you want to separate them.
Ok, so, here, for your enjoyment, so as to not take anyone else's rip without asking, is my own vinyl rip of Perversion story, along with another Ferrio beauty "Il Killer"
Here's a nifty 1968 music score for you by Armando Trovaioli for the caper comedy "Seven Times Seven" (aka "7 Volte 7" and "Sette Volte Sette"). A blend of jazz, funk, and blues...and all very breezy.
As summed up by the feather-faced alien in Star Trek 3 - "To your planet, welcome"
Sweet new digs. I shall dust off my 'skills' and see if I can locate some of these requests - in the mean time - thanks for the "The Prize" Mr. T - That's a Goldsmith I did not have! (Always room for more Goldsmith)
El Topo will have its first DVD release as part of a 3-film set, The Films Of Alejandro Jadorowsky due out three days ago. Set also includes, "The Holy Mountain, " and "Fandos & Lis"
@Ruggo ur link is not working properly Max Steiner's "The Caine Mutiny" http://fileho.com/download/081a6b379878/Max-Steiner-TheCaineMutiny.rar.html
File: Max-Steiner-TheCaineMutiny.rar File size: 0.00 Kb Description: music
so if u have this file plz upload again i realy need this max steiner score plz plz plz and one more thing. Is this with dialog or without dialog score thanks waiting for ur reply
Here's one of my favorite recordings: John Williams conducted a suite from his great score to The Reivers. Williams conducted the Boston Pops on this, as part of a CD called Music For Stage And Screen (half his music, half Aaron Copland). He set his music to text from Faulker's The Reivers book narrated wonderfully by Burgess Meredith. The result is an 18-minute masterpiece. Please have a listen to this: http://rapidshare.com/files/29553532/Reivers_Suite.rar
Thanks a bunch for your last shares. I think you inadvertently switched a couple of your links around though. The link for the Sherlock Holmes score is actual the first disc of The Changling, and the first link for The Changling is actually for the Holmes disc.
Not a big deal of course, but I wanted to point it out to hopefully save someone from downloading the wrong thing.
Thanks for Until September Filmpac! Been after that one for ages. I hear ya about Barry's romantic scores - they're not the most memorable, but it's nice "lazy afternoon" music.
And wow, Jazz! Haven't seen you around for ages. I used to post on your blog (good times) as Frazzle Dazzle. Welcome back to the blogosphere!
I've been having some trouble getting logged on. Lack of anonymous posting is a bit of a problem.
@isbum - Did you post that "Ikarie XB1"? I've been through it, and some of it is just remarkable... Cue 24 stands on it's own as just outstanding and large parts remind me of Sawtell and Shefter (on their best behavior)... Other parts are VERY familiar, but I can't place them. Do you - Does anyone - know anything about this score? Is it actually the original score by Zdenek Liska? I know this movie was shoirtened and... modified... for it's US release, but I am not sure if they changed the music.
@ thingmaker - Ikare XB1 was from me via a friend. I wish I could tell you more about it, but I have no contact with him at the moment. It's a terrific document of the film though. Glad you dig it.
I am wondering if any of you have seperated the Jerry Fielding tracks composed for Star Trek episodes? His music seems to be available in small amounts on a large number of Star Trek related Cd's.
Hello to all the gentle and friendly people here. i'm currently looking for these Italian soundtracks, very very hard to find out & super-expensive to buy (so off of my reach):
Nico Fidenco - "Le inibizioni del dottor Gaudenzi, vedovo, col complesso della buonanima" OST
Nico Fidenco - "El Che Guevara" OST
Nico Fidenco - "John il bastardo" OST
Giorgio Gaslini - "La notte" OST (any other score by Gaslini is welcome)
for my first contribution to this happening place:
Shelley Manne and His Men Play PETER GUNN
(it's an lp rip @ 192 and there is some 'S,K.&P'---that's "Snap, Krackle & Pop' for all the uninitiated but it's still an awesome album. with cover scans!)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RGUCZGP0
Bye For Now,
Rocket From Mars
ps--- @ everyone: thanks for all the great shares with such friendly and polite discourse. it reminds me of the good ol' days around here.
This is not my rip so thanks the original uploader.
Remember The Titans Promo
1. Remember the Titans (02:18) 2. Gettysberg (01:19) 3. The Game (04:46) 4. Integration (01:16) 5. T.C. Williams (02:29) 6. Virginia (01:37) 7. The Hospital (01:52) 8. Titans Spirit (01:24) 9. Black and White (01:15) 10. On The Bus (01:56) 11. The Field (02:39) 12. Boone And Yoast (02:25)
An Officer And A Gentleman - 1982 - Buffy Sainte-Marie, Jack Nitzsche
1. Main Title From 'An Officer And A Gentleman' - Jack Nitzshe 2. Up Were We Belong - Joe Crocker/Jennifer Warnes 3. Hungry For Your Love - Van Morrison 4. Tush - ZZ Top 5. Treat Me Right - Pat Benatar 6. Be Real - The Sir Douglas Quintet 7. Up Where We Belong - Joe Crocker/Jennifer Warnes 8. Love Theme From 'An Officer And A Gentleman' - Lee Ritenour 9. Tunnel Of Love - Dire Straits 10. The Morning After Love Theme - Jack Nitzshe
House Of Sand And Fog Composed By: By James Horner.
1.An Older Life 2.The Waves Of The Caspian Sea 3.Old Photos, New Memories 4.'This Is No Longer Your House' 5.Two People 6.Kathy's Night 7.Parallel Lives, Parallel Loves 8.Behrani's Thoughts / Long Ago 9.Break-In 10.The Dreams Of Kings 11.The Shooting, A Payment For Our Sins 12.'We Have Travelled So Far, It Is Time To Return To Our Path' 13.A Return To The Caspian, And To The Iran Of Old
Mona lisa Smile Promo Original Score By Rachel Portman
01 - Opening Titles 02 - Betty Goes To Joan At Night 03 - Amanda Is Dismissed 04 - Jackson Pollock 05 - Bike Ride 06 - Giselle Waits For Bill 07 - The Roles You Were Born To Fill 08 - Betty Challenges Katherine 09 - We Will Never Forget You 10 - Why Couldn't You Let Me Be Happy 11 - Katherine's First Lecture 12 - Paul Leaves 13 - End Credits
http://lix.in/2617f1
Password: siaht
Cold Mountain Oscar Promo SCORE Original Score by Gabriel Yared
01. Ada Plays 02. Someplace Someone 03. Arrival At Cold Mountain 04. Preparing For Battle 05. Without The Words 06. Dear Mr. Inman 07. A Fair Exchange 08. Escape From The Chain Gang 09. Bag Of Diamonds 10. I Marry You 11. Cold Mountain Anthem 12. Black Crows 13. Rebirth http://rapidshare.com/files/29104062/Cold_Mountain_-_Score_-_Up_by_Ana_Luiza.rar
@Ruggo Thanks for the Max Steiner's "The Caine Mutiny"
@Filmpac what can i say about u. u r genius Thanks for the Brigde on the river kwai
Someone somewhere requested Malcolm Arnold's "Bridge On The River Kwai" (1957). Sallie maybe? I am fairly sure that request was never fulfilled, and I was a little reluctant to put up the low bitrate LP version I had. Recently acquired a pristine CD, so here it is, with bonus tracks, @320: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XL9HD04F
@ thxjay No problem, I will post the shorter versions of each of the tracks (as per track listing on artwork) for "RIDING THE EDGE" & "ENERGY FOUNTAIN" (mid next week). You will have to bare with me as I'm having problems ripping on my home computer at the moment. Having to do this on my work computer, but not back in till Tuesday.
@ edsbebop - A request of yours from ScoreBaby's. A beautiful early-70s soundtrack, with vocals by Karen Carpenter. The recurring theme would later be used as the title music for CBS' Young & The Restless. I was sure this had been shared somewhere, but couldn't find a link anywhere. Thanks to the original ripper, please enjoy...
@ scoredaddy - I concur sir, The Reivers suite is excellent (love the narration), from one of my favorite films too. I've only heard Williams in concert once, from New York in 2005 which included a homage to the cranky maestro himself Bernard Herrmann. Do you have the complete CD that Reivers comes from? I would LOVE to hear the whole thing!
This is great everybody! Congratulations to you all for sharing excellent music and being so kind to each other. Almost 200 posts already, hard to believe. :)
Here are two more Nicolai scores for your possible listening pleasure. These last two scores, along with the five posted previously, make up the "Bruno Nicolai in Giallo" box.
Tutti I Colori Del Buio (All The Colors Of The Dark)
For anyone here unfamiliar with the composer's work, Nicolai's giallo scores are a mixture of moody underscore, breezy lounge, and highly melodic orchestral compositions that by all rights should be the premier soundtracks of an otherworldly Martian cinema but instead belong to a small subset of thrillers that were typically created by Italian filmmakers in the 60s and 70s. Out of these seven scores, six were composed by Nicolai, while Fiorenzo Carpi's "Un Bianco Vestito Per Mariale" was conducted and arranged by him.
@ sallie - No official score was ever released for Grumpy Old Men, but there is a bootleg, so I'll second your request there. But I do have a big dog you requested.
@ thingmaker - An old old request, from You Don't Part #2. I just picked this one up over the weekend, had just about given up hope and was starting to think it was the soundtrack that time forgot.
@ scoredaddy - Yes please, the Stage & Screen. I already have the actual Reivers soundtrack, one of my faves. Thanks in advance. I can post Williams' Concert In New York from 2005 if interested? And speaking of concerts, I also have Trevor Jones live at Soncinemad in Madrid, if anyone is interested?
@ breton girl - Yes, I have Candyman 3, coming in the next day or so.
@ spartacus - Haven't had a chance yet to grab your great Nicolai shares. He was one of the first to turn me onto Italian composers, so I much appreciate you sharing them.
Filmpac - Excellent 200th post! Grabbed Goodwin and Scott pronto.
I ran across these yesterday, and am quite pleased to share them today. Sweet Lp copies. Elusive Quincy Jones scores.
"John and Mary" By Quincy Jones
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UC6MWJID
* Beautiful main theme, melancholy mood, classical interpretations, for what I hear is a cinematic downer.
"Enter Laughing" by Quincy Jones Vocals by Mel Carter & Carl Reiner
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1GM7TVRL
* Light comedy score in the tradition of Henry Mancini.
The record store owner mentioned that singer Mel Carter is a regular visitor. Thought for a second that he was gonna keep the record, but didn't want to see me exit crying. ;)
@ Filmpac - Thank you very much for posting "The People That Time Forgot". I've had a TV tape I made for years - The score so far outclassed the film. * I've discovered that cue # 27 "Return Across the Ice Wall" is massively glichy. I've downloaded twice and the problem is real.* Can you re-rip the cue? Thanks!
I'm not sure whether anybody needs these (I'm going over my CD shelf, starting from A...) Malcolm Arnold "The Sound Barrier" with Arnold Bax "Malta G.C." (Cloud Nine) Richard Band (All Intrada or Full Moon) "The Arrival" - "Castle Freak" - "Crash and Burn" - "Doctor Mordrid" - "The House on Sorority Row" - "Mutant" - "The Pit and the Pendulum" - "Puppet Master" 1 and 2 - "The Resurrected"
Robert Folk (Intrada) "Beastmaster 2" - "In the Army Now"
A very hearty thank you for THE TRAP! I've been wanting this score for quite some time. :)
Not sure if this has been posted before, but here is Bill Conti's score for BROADCAST NEWS
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FN891DPE
There are no track titles listed (sorry), but the the track titles are listed on the back of the cd artwork (included) and front artwork as well. But, I must also mention that the artwork is not from the original release. Confused. That's ok, so am I.
Thanks for the ups- I did request The Bridge Over the River Kwai.
I will be looking for Grumpy Old Men- I thought maybe there was a bootleg floating around. I do have the soundtrack to Grumpier Old Men if you don't have that. I'm trying to get it out of Lossless and into individual tracks in mp3. Do you know how to do that?
It also includes the score to Overboard (with Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn) and Clean Slate.
Let me know if you want it (Or if anyone else wants it for that matter).
@filmpac Here is Williams' Music For Stage & Screen CD rip @320 includes Williams' Reivers + Born on 4th of July suites = Copland Quiet City + Red Pony http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QOXLXL48
@ all - Bummer, track #27 of "People That Time Forgot" is indeed seriously glitched. Sorry 'bout that, replacement here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WZ4OXJMI
@ scoredaddy - Thanks heaps, looks forward to this!
@ sallie - There are quite a few free converters floating around on the web that should do the job. Sorry, but I don't have time at the moment, but a google search should give you some ideas. Barring that, I can probably find you an mp3 version, I think I saw Grumpier Old Men when I went looking for Grumpy.
@ thingmaker - I'm all good on the Richard Bands, but I'll definitely stick my hand up for The Sound Barrier. Awesome!
1,323 comments:
1 – 200 of 1323 Newer› Newest»Hello everybody! Just a word before we get started..
three things will get your post removed.
1. Complaining
2. Being Negative or Rude
3. Your Name is Greg
If all of you can do that, we should have one swell time together.
One last thing, if you happen to see a post from Greg here, please don't respond to it.
Those will be deleted and I will take great pleasure in doing so.
I turn it over to you wonderful people who have made sharing music such great fun.
Enjoy!
Hehe, nice to see you here, Isbum... :) Looks like we will have a new great place (especially with the #3)!
As my first requests, i'll put up the one who haven't got any replies in YDHTV since the begining...
Poltergeist II complete score (2cd)
King Arthur Recording sessions (NOT the complete score)
The Last Samurai Complete score
Willow [Complete Score] (2-CD) (James Horner)
Beetlejuice [2-CD edition] (Danny Elfman)
Thanks...
Breton Girl
Oh, and is there any way to have the anonymous comments here? I'm really not great to remember passwords... ;( *blush*
Hey, nice place! I love the shag carpetting and the groovy wood paneling. The track lighting is a nice touch.
Thanks for your efforts, isbum!
Breton girl- I'd also love to see the Beetlejuice set posted.
SPARTACUS THE HERO
Isbum
Thanks for proving a peaceful place for sharing and cooperation. I look forward to participating.
Nice! I like it! I know I'm pretty new, but, I've seen Greg's foolishness and really can't comprehend it, so, let the sharing continue in a more peaceful environment? Any requests?
JP
Hello all, I'm still here.
It seems very strange that when I Came back from my Easter Holidays I found YDHTVTB had gone into abuse mode & WW3GREG had started, and all of the good guys & gals had moved on, then when I finally tracked you all down at Scorebaby annex, WW4GREG had also started.
Anyway thanks to Isbum for finding this nice quiet place and Greg free.
I may have a few Bruton Library discs (Music by Mark Shreeve)in the pipeline, if anyone is interested.
I do have a couple of requests:-
KHARTOUM / MOSQUITO SQUADRON
Music by Frank Cordell.
633 SQUADRON / SUBMARINE X-1
Music by Ron Goodwin.
Thanks
Ronnie.C.
Hey gang!
Ahh, I just LOVE that new blog smell, don't you?! Lol!
Sugar-free, fat-free, carb-free, caffeine-free, calorie-free, duty-free and now, together everybody, GREG-FREE!!
Thank you, Sir Isbum!
Let peaceful sharing commence!
So isbum,
should I repost my requests list here? You all probably know what I'm looking for....F*U*N*K*! Blaxploitation OSTs, wah wah guitars, funky jazz, etc.
One thing thats always confused me is whether or not we can request Broadway soundtracks. Must it only be film and television or is theater included too?
"They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself" ... Andy Warhol (1928-1987), The Philosophy of Andy Warhol.
Super groovy pad you have here, most ancient one. As you said, third time's a charm:))
@ isbum - For my first share here, comes a request from our most recent abode for our host (how appropriate the title):
Jeremy Sams "Enduring Love" (2004), @320:
http://rapidshare.com/files/29067746/JS-EnduringLove.rar
Hopefully this will be the final moving spot, i'm running out of boxes :P
Hey filmpac!
Your post reminded me of something I think would be nice for us "neophytes". When posting a soundtrack can we agree to put a brief description of the sound of the music, like jazz, funk, jazzy funk, orchestral, etc.? I always felt like I missed out on a lot of albums that I would have liked but didn't download because I was totally unfamiliar with it.
Please school us newbies to the scene! Thanks!
Nice to see you, my friends!
The hors d'oeuvres aren't ready yet, but kick back and make yourselves at home.
I guarentee we'll all be hearing some great music at this party.
A movie's soundtrack is open to whatever kind of music fit's the movie, that's what I've always loved about them.
Please feel free to post any type of music you like (request it too).
If it's not on a soundtrack yet, one day it might be, so keep an open mind.
Or, as the lyric goes, "Free your mind, and your butt will soon follow."
A little tweaking may be done as we go, but for now, I just want to be another guest and enjoy the party with of all of you.
enJoy
@ filmpac -Very nice housewarming gift.
@ soulpeeps - Good idea. I remember when I first started picking downloads, I would read the comments to try and get an idea what kind of music to expect.
General catagories should do fine.
Hi isbum and all good buddies.
Rules understood and agreed to.
Now let's see if we can all make a good go of your new blog.
I wish you every success.
Glad you found the place Mel!
All is good in the universe when you are here.
Feel free to Jazz up the folks here, everybody needs a break from soundtracks sometime.
I sent out invitations, so everybody should show up sooner or later.
I couldn't get through to cedric007, so if anybody knows him, kindly let him know we are here. Thanks
Mark Isham's THE BEAST from 1988-CD rip @320Kb
http://rapidshare.com/files/28904423/The_Beast.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/28898810/The_Beast.part2.rar
listen i know that no one replies to my post neither no one responses upon it not anyone reads it but still im trying it for one more time
Pan's Labyrinth Oscar Promo it contains 33 tracks and Babel Oscar Promo it contains 10 tracks
@isbum-
Thank you for inviting me to your blog :) Can't wait to settle in and post more goodies. I'm on the mend, and my posts will be slow to come, but I managed to get one together today, and I don't think this one has been posted before (could be wrong),
anyhow here is
WINTERHAWK -Lee Holdridge.
Sound quality is not great, but it an unreleased score and a good one at that.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6GH779PX
Great idea, isbum !
Looking forward to great posts from Lalo's other fan !
Greetings
Jordan
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang expanded edition (23 tracks) CD-rip @224Kb VBR: http://rapidshare.com/files/29146221/Chitty_Chitty_Bang_Bang_-_Original_Sound.rar
@Isbum
Glad to hear we can request/post non-soundtrack material. In regard to Soulpeeps' Broadway question, I have a pretty good collection of Original Casts and am happy to share. I also have a stong interest in jazz and 20th century classical.
@tony,
Great to hear from you, good buddy! Glad you are on the mend.
@scoredaddy,
So glad to hear you have Broadway cast albums. Let me try these on ya:
- Me & Bessie (Linda Hopkins)
- Don't Bother Me I Can't Cope
and the ever elusive
- For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When The Rainbow Is Enuf
hi
Great to see you've got you own domain now. here's a prize for you efforts.
The Prize
J.Goldsmith
http://www.megaupload.com/?
d=4UHR2CTF
The Outlaw Riders
Michael Lloyd
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SAIKVR8I
Brutes and savages
Riz Ortolani
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E2LJQHL8
Great scoredaddy. Post away!
I have a few things that I'd like to request.
Bernard Herrmann's "The Planets"
Haven't heard that since I had the Lp.
If you have something you love by Louis Armstrong. Great. I'm in that kind of mood.
Did Buddy Rich ever get funky in the 70's? I keep lookin at some of his later releases and wondering.
Looking for the two Shelly Manne Lp's that covered Mancini's "Gunn!" score.
@ Jordan - In case you missed these,
"No Ones Home"
by Lalo Schifrin
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4NV9RU3D
"Monster"
Lalo's friend Jimmy Smith
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8W5T8ZIX
enjoy Jordan, glad you're here!
Isbum,
Congratulations on your new blog! I'm just sorry that you had to go to the extra trouble of setting one up in the first place, but thank you all the same.
I'm not sure whether this has already appeared here (or during the posts of Jimmy Smith albums), but there is a 1958 recording by Smith called "Home Cookin'" that is available at Rangeraver's blogspot.
The blog is at
http://rangeraver-lounge.blogspot.com/
A direct link for "Home Cookin'":
http://rapidshare.com/files/22114638/RR_-_SOULFOOD_SPECIAL.rar
Just be sure to leave a comment for Rangeraver.
@ Soulpeeps & others
He also has a few collections of 70s era funk & funky jazz (and more) on the main page. Worth a look!
cheers!
@ don roberto - You are welcome here and setting up wasn't that difficult. The funny thing was, my tagline (under the blog name) was written a month ago. It was to be a statement on how I felt about having to have a blog.
Now it takes on a whole other meaning. Quite ironic, how this happened.
@ mr.T - Thanks for the posts buddy! Listening to "Outlaw Riders" now. Great addition to my biker scores collection!
@ All - Sorry to go on so much. I promise to shut up when the welcomes are done. Very excited to see all of you! You are the best folks that I've met in blogland!
@ All - If anyone has contact with Sallie, please drop her a line.
I'd really like to see her here.
Isbum, good luck with this blog. Let's all share in peace!!!
@ Isbum - I gather you probably didn't want to make a big deal of your new blog here, considering there was just the one wee anonymous posting on ScoreBaby. I am thinking quite a few folk could easily overlook that. Just a thought, but perhaps a bit of an annoucement both on ScoreBaby and YDHTVTB might catch the eye for folk like Sallie.
PS. Ferrio's Puzzle will be coming, but alas in a day or so. To keep it as one rar file, I need to use Megaupload, and can't do that until tonight (drains the computer).
@ soulpeeps - I have found Dynamite Brothers, but alas only @160. Still interested?
@ amadues - I can't help at all on your requests, sorry. Please know that lack of a response does not mean lack of an effort. I wouldn't mind those two either.
Sure filmpac, bring it on! Thanks!
It's better than no soundtrack at all. :)
Here are a few things, all at 320:
- Jerry Fielding, The Gauntlet
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CG55B2O0
- Nicola Piovani, Caro Diario
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L7MY5R6Q
- Arling & Cameron, Music for Imaginary Films
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IU6SMIVN
Enjoy!
SPARTACUS THE HERO
@ filmpac - Hold up on Dynamite Brothers, think I have it somewhere here.
Hey isbum!
This is fabulous! Thanks to Mel, he got word to me about this- I can't wait to share with you guys (and be somewhere that Greg isn't) ;)
It's almost like visiting a foreign country and finding all your old friends waiting on the dock.
Good to see you all, and hope I can contribute some interesting material as we go along.
Welcome Sallie and Ruggo!
I am so excited to see you here!
Really great:)
@ soulpeeps - stand by for double-fisted Dynamite!
Hi, all.
Scoredaddy,
Film Music 3
CONGRATULATIONS ISBUM!
to paraphrase FIELD OF DREAMS---"build it and they will come." this is pretty darn exciting my friend!
i can't wait to join the party---but right now I'm back at the salt mines (and under a deadline to boot!)
@ everyone---it's great to see all the old familiars already stopping by. yup! something tells me the third time's gonna be the charm.
'Til Next Time---
Three Cheers For isbum!
Hip Hip Huzzah! Hip Hip Huzzah! Hip Hip Huzzah!
ALL THE BEST!
Rocket From Mars
It's great to see everyone migrate to this wonderful "greg-less" blog :)
Here is another unreleased score from the the TV film:
PRISON FOR CHILDREN -Basil Poledouris
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=57H8LP90
Have a great night everyone.
Hi everyone, nice new pad!
We're all like a bunch of "Runners" fleeing from the dome to find Sanctuary ;)
Yes I am a Loagan's Run fan (and proud of it:)
Here is my old Crime Jazz folder (again) just in case we have any new visitors.
All @320 (most with Art)
http://rapidshare.com/users/CZMZWG
feel free to browse :)
Me again :)
Does anyone have an album by Herbie Mann, it's called something like "The Man From Flute" or something spy jazzy like that.
I've heard the Man from Uncle theme from it and it's a killer.
Thanks Rocket -Hurry back!
Thanks for the posts Tony and 3410.
@ soulpeeps - Here's the real grindhouse double feature!
"Willie Dynamite" and
"The Dynamite Brothers"
by J.J. Johnson and Charles Earland
Cd rips @ 320
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YD4TPO7G
*sorry soulpeeps, no covers. Perhaps someone here can guide you to a place that has these.
Also something I got from either scoreman or watson (I think) that deserves a repost on this day.
"Masada" disc 1
by Jerry Goldsmith
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VCHPKDO2
"Masada" disc 2
by Morton Stevens
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4AY81ZOS
A terrific television mini-series score in the style of epic films of the past.
enjoy
@ isbum
Hercules! Hercules! Hercules!
Thank you for the double fisted funk!! Ooo, I'm gonna have to buy some more air freshener!
Here are some classics (old and new) I currently have on MEDIAFIRE. Hope these provide some enjoyment.
The Old Man And The Sea
(Dimitri Tiompkin)
http://www.mediafire.com/?1ncyynmy221
Something Wicked This Way Comes (James Horner)
http://www.mediafire.com/?eyzdlezzmxm
Lawrence Of Arabia
(Maurice Jarre)
http://www.mediafire.com/?bzh1m5ooou1
All The Brothers Were Valient (Franz Waxman)
http://www.mediafire.com/?1nykyjjfnfw
Dr. Zhivago
(Maurice Jarre)
http://www.mediafire.com/?3ym1zknnvyz
And I'll leave you with the ethereal beautity of
Schindler’s List
(John Williams)
http://www.mediafire.com/?azywojhnkmi
More to come, but I don’t want to overstay my welcome.
@thxjay
Herbie Mann released an album called "Our Mann Flute". I know it was released on cd as a "twofer" with his album Impressions of the Middle East.
I have a couple of Herbie Manns, but not this one. I have:
-Stone Flute
-Glory of Love
-Trust In Me (Soul Flutes)
First I'd like to extend a hearty thank you to our host for setting up shop here. Already off to a great start! If nothing else, our persistence is a real testament to the strength of our little community.
Alright, so here's a list of the scores I'm currently after:
Until September – John Barry
Light it Up (bootleg) – Harry Gregson-Williams
America’s Sweethearts (bootleg) – James Newton Howard
The Halloween Tree – John Debney
Thanks again fellas!
Wow, less than a day, and already a lot of great posts! And nice to see all the sympathetic people came... I just love the fresh air we could smell here! :)
Hi, everyone.
Thanks all of you for many many splendid music (not only soudtrack but jazz ), always.
Celebrating establishment of the Isbum's blog, I uploaded this.
Georges Garvarentz "Musiques De Films"
(A Compilation of the GG's 13films from 60's)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JTA3L19D
When my English is strange, please permit.
I hope you enjoy!
@ isbum - I am fairly sure this is THE Lalo you were after. The front cover matches your description, and it does contain the Most Wanted Theme.
Lalo Schifrin "Towering Toccata" (1977), @192:
http://rapidshare.com/files/29195500/LS-ToweringToccata.rar
Man alive, what a great way to kick off here. The atmosphere is outstanding... one only has to check back elsewhere to see the difference. Kudos to all. Jolly jolly:))
@ h2o - Fantastic!! You have no idea how happy that makes me!
I have been requesting your post
f o r e v e r and really gave up hope that I would ever see it.
That topped off a very special day here for me perfectly.
Welcome h2o! I hope you have a great time visiting my blog and meeting all the nice people who drop by.
Cheers!
TOMORROW NEVER DIES EXPANDED
Here is the expanded edition of Tomorrow Never Dies, including an interview with David Arnold. It features off course more music than the regular release (although lacking Sheryl Crow's titlesong), yet it still is not complete, so there are more themes to come. In the meanwhile enjoy the warmly recommended Tomorrow Never Dies by David Arnold:
http://www.megaupload.com/nl/?d=502R0B3Q
Cedric
Congrats on the new digs! Since I can't offer a fondue set, here's the next best thing -- a trifecta of '70s pop soundtrack goodness. Enjoy!
Stardust (1975, David Essex):
http://lix.in/1c5733
Tilt (1979, Lee Holdridge):
http://lix.in/08019d
Moment by Moment (1978, Lee Holdridge, Yvonne Elliman, Ray Parker Jr., etc.):
http://lix.in/08092a
FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE request
Does anyone have the score for the videogame From Russia With Love? I'm not a gaming enthousiast, but was told the score was rather interesting.
Best wishes,
Cedric
Bararian
Les Baxter
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JI9ZM1QA
@Sallie
Considering your fondness for Audrey Hepburn, you probably have this in your collection. But just in case you don’t, here’s Henry Mancini’s Breakfast At Tiffanys.
http://www.mediafire.com/?egumngwzmwm
or
http://rs122cg2.rapidshare.com/files/29286848/Breakfast_At_Tiffanys.ace
@ isbum
I owe you a stack, buddy – and finally there’s something I can share with you. I’m only sorry that I don’t have the first one, but here’s Shelly Manne’s Son Of Gunn:
http://rapidshare.com/files/29288970/SMSG.rar.html
EnJoY!
REQUEST
Speaking about Broadway:
Quite awhile ago I ran into a fantastic set of (I think 4) CD's that showcased the great Broadway hits in their foreign language versions.
Would love to find them again.
Any chance that Les's Barbarian can be ripped/upped at better than 96kbps? THough, anything at all is appreciated! Thanks Mr.T JP
Good morning everybody.
@ 7 Black - TILT :) Oh no you di'ant! ;) I noticed your fan's pleas for a new Italian Blend.
Looking foreward to another cuppa that dark roast myself.
@ scoredaddy - Excellent choices! Nice crossover of my interests.
I wouldn't have expected Oscar Peterson but a welcome surprise that is!
Is it possible to upload them as a single download, though? A thirty to fourty min. Lp, I usually get uploaded in around 20 min. on megaupload. Splitting these files may be taking more time than needed.
Oh my..trying not to come across as being blunt takes mad language skills. :))
@ mel - You son of a Gunn;) That's great! I didn't know the 2nd one existed till I was at a record store in Whittier (CA.) a couple weeks ago.
@ mr.t & janus2810 - I got a pretty good copy of "Goliath and the Barbarians" Gimme a sec. and I'll drop a link.
Another unreleased score.
SPACE COWBOYS
Lennie Niehaus, who until recently was Clint Eastwoods' composer of choice, scored this film.
It's quite good, so I hope you enjoy :)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EZOCOW9C
@ tony Hi! Hope you're doing even better today.
@ janus2810 -
I dunno much about kbit's or whatever, but re-ripped Goliath that I had.
"Goliath and the Barbarians"
by Les Baxter
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MK160E3Z
BTW janus -that Ferrio "Perversion Story" posted at vinylophiles would be nice to share over here.
Any chance the original uploader would get upset if we did?
It's soooo good!
Hi Isbum-
Yes, I'm hanging in there. It's a slow process, but I'm hopeful :)
I won't be able to transfer any vinyl any time soon, as it takes too much foot work at this time. But I still have quite a bit of cds I can work with.
@Isbum
Single download? You mean all four discs in one file? I have a premium account with Rapidshare which unfortunately has the 100MB limit. should I reup at Megaupload?
John Cacavas "Velvet Is The Beat" (1965/6), presumably from LP but a very clean rip, @320. Only a couple of film themes, most notably the Third Man. File under 60s cool:
http://rapidshare.com/files/29222560/JC-VelvetIsTheBeat.rar
And to add to Scoredaddy's lovely Louis collection (sweet, thanks), a reminder of one I upped a while back, "Disney Songs The Satchmo Way":
http://rapidshare.com/files/20803987/LA-DisneySongsTheSatchmoWay.rar
@ isbum - Got them Megaupload blues, Puzzle will be a wee while longer, sorry.
@ 7 black notes - Super to see Stardust, thanks heaps!
@ h2o - Thanks for the Garvarentz compilation!
hey guys, just been reading through all the comments about the 'G' man (dare not mention his name) on scorebaby annex - had me in fits of laughter and with the picture too!!! good move you have all made here + loving all the scores, just wanted to say thanks and may the 4th be with you all ;-) blog in peace!
@ scoredaddy - Most probably I am confused, but is the Buddy Rich a 2 disc cd?
Or is it one cd split into 2 rapidshare downloads?
Be forgiving, I am ancient.;)
@ filmpac - Ferrio's worth the wait.
@Isbum
Rich is one disc split into 2 files because of it's size at 320Kb.
@ Sorry scoredaddy, isbum still confused. I have ripped some scores that are 70+mins at 320 and upped them at the old reapidshare without incident. Did they lower the limit?
@isbum
The Rich is approx 160MB as file also includes hi-rez scans of artwork
@isbum
If you want, I can reup on Megaupload. I can also remove scans if you prefer.
@ Isbum - Scoredaddy is indeed correct. A 70+ min CD ripped @320 will certainly run to about 160MB, exceeding the rapidshare limit of 100MB. Either it needs to be split, or upped using Megaupload or another service.
Clearer now scoredaddy.
Guess that's why quinlan often places his graphics as a seperate download.
So you can teach an old dog new tricks. :)
Cool daddy-O!
@ mel - Some Lp's I picked up last night with you and quinlan in mind.
Look these over and give me an idea what you'd like to hear first.
I can rip them accordingly.
Sammy Kaye - Raindrops Keep Fallin'
Phil Woods - Greek Cooking
Roger Williams - Academy Award Winners (Kapp records)
If you have them already, let me know too, we'll see if quinlan wants those when he returns.
My scanner is tiny, so my jpeg's must be kinda crappy. Maybey only adding a mega-bit or two to the file size, huh?
Remember too, there is a trick to avoid the dreaded rapidshare wait time.
If you are on a dynamic IP address (ADSL, for example, gives a different IP address every connect), all you need do is download part 1, disconnect, wait a minute, reconnect, and download part 2. As you get a new IP address, rapidshares waves you through.
If on a static IP address (same address every time you connect), then you need to delete cookies between downloads. If need be, you can save them first to a temp folder and copy back when done.
Usually this works, certainly does for me anyhow. Anyhow, hope it helps someone out there.
Someone requested Irwin Allen's fantasy world on some blog somewhere. Since this is where everyone is at, here we go:
Danger Will Robinson: Lost In Space Volume One
http://rapidshare.com/files/29261925/LIS_Vol_1_Part_1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/29288546/LIS_Vol_1_Part_2.rar
Lost in Space Volume 2:
http://rapidshare.com/files/29250665/LIS_Vol_2.rar
Lost in Space Volume 3:
http://rapidshare.com/files/29319662/LIS_Vol_3_Part_One.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/29330819/LIS_Vol_3_Part_Two.rar
Time Tunnel and Voyage to the Sea Bottom are still brewing.
Re Rapidshare and other file sharing services:
If you have Verizon DSL you can reset your IP address by unplugging your modem (or router if on a network) for ten seconds.
Then you can continue downloading. Or you can cave in and buy a premium account.
Most of my CD's have to be split in half to get them to download. When I did Seven Years in Tibet I had to split it into thirds.
@Filmpac
Thanks for ur reply. I really like what u said thanks again
@ maimone digital - Thanks man! Welcome here anytime friend.
@ scoredaddy - It's a small price to pay for the quality you put in to your uploads. Don't change anything on my account, I'm still learning things with friends here.
Defintely let you know when I've heard your shares!
@ mel - Gunn 2 was great by the way! Gunna' be a nice pair when we get them both. ;)
Thanks isbum
I hope you enjoy them.
I myself subscribed to a Rapidshare premium account which I have found to be a very good value. I paid a bit over $40.00 for six months. Many of the blogs I visit post multi-part rapidshare files and I find it is well worth it. Now that so many are using Megaupload, I may have to buy that as well. For all the great music available, I feel it's a good buy.
Just off the trntbl.
"Bang the Drum Slowly"
by Stephen Lawrence
*just a little dialogue
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=84TDVRB9
Description: Mostly mellow score with a country music influence.
A bit like Patrick Williams.
Nice theme song.
Pic's from back included- check De Niro at bottom right shot- looks like Peter from "Heroes".
enJoY
@ maimone digital,
That Irwin Allen request be mine my friend- thanks a lot for helping me with this! I'm truly looking forward to listening to this set.
@ isbum,
I spent nearly the entire day today listening to Masada disc 1. Thanks for the excellent share.
SPARTACUS THE HERO
isbum,
thank you for giving a description of the music. If I could, I would like to encourage everyone to do that, even if you think it's common knowledge. It really helps us newbies out! :)
I had an idea today.
Since I don't have alot of soundtracks to share and I don't know the musical tastes of folks here outside of soundtracks, I am going to post a sample track from an artist from my collection. If anybody likes it just say so and I will post the whole album. If you don't think its a good idea then I will stop, but I think it will actually help weed out music that sounds good to your ears.
First up:
Rachelle Ferrell - Run To Me
http://www.zshare.net/audio/08-run-to-me-mp3.html
Brief description:
Composer, lyricist, arranger, musician and vocalist Rachelle Ferrell is a recent arrival on the contemporary jazz scene, but her visibility on the pop/urban contemporary scene has boosted her audience's interest in her jazz recordings.
Born and raised in Philadelphia, Ferrell got started singing in the second grade at age six. This no doubt contributed to the eventual development of her startling six-and-change octave range.
*Yes folks, you read that right. 6+ octave range. Hold on to your drawers at about the 2:40 mark.
Tell me what you think.
@ isbum - An effective little giallo score, hypnotic and melodic from the opening track "Labyrinthus" on. From CD with two bonus tracks that were intended for release as a single.
Gianni Ferrio "L'Uoma Senza Memoria (aka Puzzle)" (1974), @320:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XBLG0048
@ sallie - A request from ScoreBaby's Annex methinks. Only thing I could find was a short 6-track promo, totalling 12:49.
Steve Dorff "Blast From The Past", promo @320:
http://rapidshare.com/files/29350915/SD-BlastFromThePast.rar
@ all - I didn't really want to harp on the past, but this is just too good to let slide. Pssst... G-head *really* has updated his yahoo profile page. The toothless wino photo has bitten the dust, along with all his other details. Oh man, that just cracks me up bigtime.
Now that we are happily ensconced in our new digs (you rock Isbum), and looking back today on the ghost towns that were once the ScoreBaby and YDHTVTB request pages, I feel this to be a fitting final thought for the man who single-handedly destroyed two fine blogs. From one of my favourite films...
"He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind." - Fredric March, "Inherit The Wind" (1960).
Found it well worthwhile to have both Rapidshare & Megaupload premium accounts on an annualized basis.
Couple of good free alternatives are:
MEDIAFIRE & FileHo.
@soulpeeps:
Thanks for Rachelle Ferrell track. Little too much electronic doowaawaa going on in the background for me, but that range sure reminds me of Yma Sumac.
Here's a track from Haley Westenra that is to die for:
http://fileho.com/download/131470655205/01-Lascia-Ch-io-Pianga.mp3.html
Can somebody explain how to create a hyperlink in the comments?
Another of todays rips,
"Empire Jazz"
produced & arranged by Ron Carter
* Essentially Jazz takes on Star Wars themes.
credits and tracklist in file
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FOM0M3AF
EnJoY
@ All - I find it very admirable of those of you who post your links here and at nomwl1's YDHTVTB.
Perhaps with time, I can do the same. For now, I am not allowing anonymous posts, so it's nice of you to share there.
@ soulpeeps - Any explantion here on how to create a hyperlink will in itself create a hyperlink LOL! But take a look on this Creating Hyperlinks tutorial. Note the very first line. Also check example 1A.
Hope that helps!
@ filmpac-
Once again- you are awesome. You've made a bad day turn out good.....Thanks!
Thanks filmpac!
Rachelle Ferrell did a jazz album entitled "First Instrument". This review from Amazon.com is pretty accurate:
This is close to a "must own" cd for jazz fans. Rachelle Farrell has incredible range and energy. As the other reviews mention, she handles the material with great creativity and puts a fresh spin on standards.
A small caution: if you are not interested in improvisation and somewhat unusual presentations of the material, you might look elsewhere (e.g. Diana Krall). Some of the songs are more or less vocal exercises and experiments ("Inchworm" for example). She also occasionally comes off ocasionally putting technique first, screeching a bit without much of a buildup. This sort of surprise and unique approach is what makes her so great; but I realize from comments from others who have heard this cd that it's not to everyone's taste. For my money the inventiveness and incredible energy of a singer like Ferrell blows away any more pedestrian performers.
Rachelle Ferrell - "Inchworm" from the LP First Instrument
Here's are 3 of Bruno Nicolai's giallo scores, all at 320.
Il Tuo Vizio è Una Stanza Chiusa E Solo Io Ne Ho La Chiave (Your Vice Is A Closed Room And Only I Have the Key)
http://rapidshare.com/files/29356727/BN_1.zip.html
La Coda Dello Scorpione (Case Of The Scorpion's Tail)
http://rapidshare.com/files/29356939/BN_2a.zip.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/29354918/BN_2b.zip.html
La Dama Rossa Uccide Sette Volte (Red Queen Kills 7 Times)
http://rapidshare.com/files/29360385/BN_3a.zip.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/29359535/BN_3b.zip.html
Enjoy!
SPARTACUS THE HERO
Irwin Allen: The rest of the set
The Time Tunnel
http://rapidshare.com/files/29344539/The_Time_Tunnel.rar
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea
http://rapidshare.com/files/29357422/Voyage_to_the_Bottom_of_the_Sea.rar
Here's something for the collectors:
Max Steiner's "The Caine Mutiny"
http://fileho.com/download/081a6b379878/Max-Steiner-TheCaineMutiny.rar.html
Take a look back on ScoreBaby for boofhead's latest idiotic petty rant. Greg is so DUMB he ain't yet worked out we've all buggered off. And so DESPERATE to make any kind of statement, to ANYONE at all, he's creating arguments out of thin air with ghosts. And STILL trying to justify himself.
Nice one Ruggo, I upped the Caine a while back but the link got clobbered fairly quick. Most sought after by the collectors, it can sell in the thousands. Grab it quick folks!
A couple more Nicolai giallos:
La Notte Che Evelyn Uscì Dalla Tomba (The Night That Evelyn Left The Tomb)
http://rapidshare.com/files/29370420/BN_4a.zip.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/29371016/BN_4b.zip.html
Perché Quelle Strane Gocce Di Sangue Sul Corpo Di Jennifer? (What Are Those Strange Drops Of Blood Doing On Jennifer's Body?)
http://rapidshare.com/files/29370451/BN_5a.zip.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/29370248/BN_5b.zip.html
Enjoy!
SPARTACUS THE HERO
Kerplunk :))
Was that the sound of a toilet flushing?
@ filmpac - I get the feeling that if we talk about Greg, I will have more time spent deleting his replies.
@ Everybody - Drop the subject of Greg please. It's over.
Thank You
Point noted, Isbum, most humble apologies.
Won't happen again skipper.
@ isbum
Yes, I'd also like the first Manne / Gunn if anyone can find it.
Regarding your new offers, I'll take a raincheck on the Sammy Kaye but I'd like the Phil Woods and the Roger Williams when you have the time.
At this rate I'm never gonna square up my account with you!
But keep your eyes open here for a combination jazz/score - Peter Nero's Sunday In New York.
As promised, here is Peter Nero’s swinging Sunday In New York:
http://rapidshare.com/files/26177683/SINY.rar.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/29377522/SINY.jpg.html
Sorry about the two separate links.
Enjoy!
@ filmpac - Cool my friend!
I let Kris know that he could delete both posts if he wanted to.
I thought he just locked them and changed the heading to let visitors know that active links could be found there.
That didn't work out I see.
Score Baby is a class act and I had no buissness bringing our trouble to his blog.
I made an apology to him and hope that we remain friends.
@ filmpac - Listening to "Puzzle" while cooking tonight. I love his style, thanks a quadrillion!
@ mel - My good man, I was waiting for you! Ha! Raincheck on Raindrops! You clever devil:)
I'll be spinning those Lp's for you first thing in the morning.
@ everyone,
Good to see all birds have found a new nest, so to speak. I'm happy to read all your posts again.
Does anyone have and want to share Christopher Young's Murder at 1600?
I will post additional music from Tomorrow Never Dies (the themes not on the expanded version) next week.
Best wishes,
Cedric aka cedrics007
@ cedric - Glad to see you made it here. I sent an invite via your email, but it returned to me.
All's well that ends well though.
Dear Isbum,
Thanks for the kind words; I did receive your invitation by the way.
On a different topic, is anyone interested in Christopher Young's jazzy score for Norma Jean & Marilyn, that has been out of print for more than a year now?
If so let me know, because I regard it as my duty to share this great score with others ;-)
Seriously, it is very good.
Cedric
Cedric, as a Marilyn fan, i say YES to the score for Norma Jean & Marilyn, thanks a lot!!!!!!! :)
And by the way, if anyone want the score for How To Marry A Millionaire (a jazzy score composed by Alfred Newman), ask me and i'll post this tomorrow...
A $ in the teeth
Benedetto Chigla
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8S3FE25A
any news on that Perversion story or it's whereabouts ?link ect
Cheers
Does anyone have "Family Plot" or "Mac & Me"? thanks!
Hi everyone.
Here is my first contribution to Isbum's new site.
The first of five Bruton Music library discs, by Mark Shreeve (Synth / Rock) similar styles to the Tangs.
Filmpac should like this one.
"RIDING THE EDGE" @320
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A7FBPDVW
Some notes about this post:-
Track 1 - Image Attack is from the soundtrack to the film "BUY & CELL".
Most of the other tracks have been used in TV Documentries.
I have not included the short versions of each track, which are listed on the artwork. (If you want these just ask).
Enjoy!! (If you want me to post the other four, just give me the nod).
Don't want to ever stop by and not leave a little something for my friends.
Here's some real fun, espcially for those of us who grew up watching classic cartoons.
Bruce Broughton's "CARTOON CONCERTO"
http://www.mediafire.com/?8zmijuidhzo
Well done Isbum...nive vibe here...
Just spotted David Newman's score to Serenity (2005) @320!
http://music.wstrobel.net/index.php?q=David Newman&Type=Artist
You have to download each track but what the hey.
Good day all.
Here is another unreleased score by Lennie Niehaus.
A PERFECT WORLD
The commercial release contained only 7 mins. of score.
This promo has approx. 37 min.
Hope you enjoy :)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4TLNDI43
Good morning all
@ edsbebop - dig the name, only several tracks of "Family Plot" out there on some Hitchcock comp. I no longer have, sorry. Mebbe someones done a DVD rip.
"Mac & Me" while I've seen copies in my record hunting, never got curious enough to buy this.
Someone here's probably got it.
@ mr.t - I'll get "Perversion Story" pretty soon. I invited the folks at vinylophiles to visit us, with any luck, "whoops" will share his link here.
@ ronnie c. - Welcome buddie! I'm definetly checking that out. Thanks for sharing it.
@ new visitors - If I miss out on saying a personal hello, hello! I will never be as good as nomwl1 at keeping track of everybody, but know that I appreciate your visit!
First up today,
"Quintessence" 1961 Jazz
by Quincy Jones & Orchestra
* Fave track - "Invitation" written by Bronislaw Kaper
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7Z9O5HD8
EnjoY
@ruggo
Thanks for Broughton Cartoon Concerto
Looking for three Michael Kamen titles:
The New Moon in the Old moon's arms
Michael Kamen's Opus
Saxophone Concerto
Hope someone can share @320
@ edsbebop
I have the Va$r$ese CD of Hitchcock music Isbum mentioned. It has only has one trck from Family Plot, the End Credits. If you want, I could dig it out and upload for you. Let me know.
@Isbum
Can't wait to download and hear Quincy's Quintessence! Thanks for sharing it.
@ The person looking for
"Colored Girls/Suicide" title.
Is it a musical? White cover with a painting of a "colored" girl on the front? I know I've seen this somewhere. Little more info please?
I have a request.
"Man Child" by Herbie Hancock
Of the groovy 3, "Thrust" and "Headhunters" have been re-issued on vinyl, but Man Child hasn't yet. If so, I can't find it.
Thanks
@isbum
You can find HH's Man Child here:
http://jazzrockz.blogspot.com/2006/10/herbie-hancock-manchild-1975-320.html
Links still work
@ amazing mumford - I've always thought a lot of John Barry's scores sound a bit, erm, "samey", and this one contains the Barry trademarks. Nevertheless, this is a pleasant romantic score to what was a very romantic "chick flick".
John Barry "Until September" (1984), @320:
http://rapidshare.com/files/29458403/JB-UntilSeptember.rar
@ ronnie c - Thanks for the offer to share the Mark Shreeve, I'll definitely check it out on your recommendation.
@ alfrodo - You asked about the 3-CD Spartacus complete score available at La Layenda De Los Soundtracks. You said that the link there for the first disc was dead, and I was just about to upload a copy I found elsewhere, but on checking just now it seems the links for all three discs are fine.
Please let me know if you are still experiencing problems, and I'll post mine. Or anyone else too.
@ mel, quinlan and ..um Greeks.
"Greek Cooking"
Phil Woods
arranged & conducted by Norman Gold
* features Themes from
"Zorba the Greek"
"Samson and Delilah"
"Anthony and Cleopatra"
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IJOI411R
@ Mel - Sorry to say the Roger Williams AA Winners didn't pan out.
Previously owned by Catwoman.
Got my attention because of Ralph Carmichael's ("The Blob","The Cross & the Switchblade") involvement.
Anyone out there have Carmichael's score for "The Restless Ones"?
I'd dig it!
@ scoredaddy - Thanks for the link man! :)
A couple of requests please :)
THE TRAP -Ron Goodwin
SITTING TARGET -Stanley Myers
(I think this was requested before somewhere, but can't find the link)
Thanks again!
@ filmpac - Oh, darn! Turns out the name of the Lalo I am tracking is really titled "Most Wanted".
Thanks for the effort! Lalo in a gorilla suit standing between the Twin Towers, bet it makes him sad to see it now. It bums me out too.
@ tony - for you buddy..
"Sitting Target"
by Stanley Myers
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GS9VQUYQ
:)
@isbum-
Wow-That was fast!
Thank you friend. I appreciate it greatly. :)
@ Batfans
speaking of Catwoman got me wondering if these links were still alive. Yes they are!
"Batman & 11 other Hefti Hits"
Neil Hefti
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=78NOTJNB
"Hefti in Gotham City"
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=USCCUP50
enJoy
@ tony -I upped it for this other cat, but couldn't post it at Score Baby because o'tha rules.
Great music, need more Myers let me know.
Hi isbum,
many thanks for "No One Home" and EVEN MORE THANKS for "Bang the Drum Slowly".
The title song is one of my favorite tracks EVER !!! I bought that LP as cutout probably 20 years ago and loved that song since then.
Concerning Schifrin, if you search something, just go to http://www.dougpayne.com/schifrin.htm There EVERY Schifrin record ever is listed. Or just ask me, I also know most of them (actually, with very few exceptions, I also have everything, but some things only on LP and can't transfer them).
Still missing: "Grabado en vivo", "Rhino" (EP) and "The Wrath of God". And the very early Argentinian records of the 50ies.
And to all of you, keep on the great work !!!
@isbum-
Do you happen to have these obscure Myers-- A GIRL LIKE YOU and RAGING MOON? :)
@ tony - The Raging Moon coming right up. :)
breton girl-
I want How to Marry A Millionaire- that would be great!!!!
@ edsbebop-
I'm like Scoredaddy and have the end credits from Family Plot on the Hip-O Records release called "Alfred Hitchcock Presents: Signatures In Suspense." It is long out of print. I'm a huge Hitchcock fan, and have been looking for a soundtrack of just Family Plot for years, but have had no luck. I think the only way it's available is just the end titles.
Let me know if you're interested.
Hi isbum,
I was the one who requested "For Colored Girls...". And, yes you described the cover which I believe is the same as the book. Here is a link to the image:
http://a1.vox.com/6a00cd96f9f4fe4cd500cdf3a30129cb8f-500pi
It was more of a play/spoken word type of thing. Not really a musical.
I have my fingers and toes crossed! :)
For you Lalo Schifrin fans here's a couple interesting goodies.
"St. Ives" is a bootleg 18min suite from the Charles Bronson film. Sound fx and all.
http://fileho.com/download/334016742384/Lalo-Schifrin---ST.-IVES--1976--bootleg--from-movie-.zip.html
Here's "Once A Thief" from 1968
http://www.mediafire.com/?3tnezwtyhyn
Hi everybody,
The Music of El Topo
composed by Alexandro Jodorowski
performed by Shades of Joy
http://tinyurl.com/2kxaxc
link supplied by blog Penny Tray
so please stop by and thank him.
Very groovy music. From the album cover, it looks like a VERY interesting movie.
And, (since we're into jazzy scores) before I trundle off to watch the ballgame on TV, here's a couple Herbie Hancock gems.
"Blowup" (1966) Starring ISBUM's avatar...DH
http://www.mediafire.com/?6oqi2gkmaiz
"Death Wish" (1974)Charlie Bronson again.
http://fileho.com/download/e9dae7108830/HERBIE-HANCOCK---Death-Wish---Original-Soundtrack-Recording.zip.html
@ tony - Here you go..
"The Raging Moon" (tracks 1-14)
"Kaleidoscope" (15-25)
by Stanley Myers
* the ones who have been around know this is from my Wisconsin friend. He does excellent Lp transfers.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9N4HZK20
Also, I added additional cover graphics in case you want to separate them.
Love Kaleidoscope! Total favorite of mine.
Actually this blog has the El Topo soundtrack @192kbps and it sounds MUCH better!
DINOSAUR GARDENS
http://www.dinosaurgardens.com/contributors/sukho/
You just have to save each track individually. Please thank him as well.
@isbum-
My ears are very happy :)
Thanks again my friend.
Here is both El Topo versions as one download. Surprised the link still works!
All of "El Topo"
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0IF3F1WK
Has the movie come out on DVD yet?
Ok, so, here, for your enjoyment, so as to not take anyone else's rip without asking, is my own vinyl rip of Perversion story, along with another Ferrio beauty "Il Killer"
Il Killer:
http://rapidshare.com/files/29543438/Il_Killer.rar.html
Perversion Story:
http://rapidshare.com/files/29543475/Perversion_Story.rar.html
Both are my own vinyl rips @192, posted in gratitude to our host for opening this happening locale!
Enjoy! JP
A few more links that you newer folks might have missed.
They LIVE!!!
"Frankenstein:The True Story"
by Gil Melle
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TXO7VJ2S
"A Name for Evil" "The Unknown"
by Dominic Frontiere
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H0QA7YUT
"Medical Center and Other Great Themes"
by Lalo Schifrin
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FTI7XTUT
So, the English have a holiday this weekend? Lucky chaps. What pagan holiday is it? ;) I kid.
EXCELLENT Janus2810! Thank you SO much!! Super surprise man!
Here's a nifty 1968 music score for you by Armando Trovaioli for the caper comedy "Seven Times Seven" (aka "7 Volte 7" and "Sette Volte Sette"). A blend of jazz, funk, and blues...and all very breezy.
The vocal track is sung by The Casuals.
@320
"7 Volte 7" by Armando Trovaioli
As summed up by the feather-faced alien in Star Trek 3 - "To your planet, welcome"
Sweet new digs. I shall dust off my 'skills' and see if I can locate some of these requests - in the mean time - thanks for the "The Prize" Mr. T - That's a Goldsmith I did not have! (Always room for more Goldsmith)
-Jazz
I'm looking for Alan Silvestri's score to Grumpy Old Men. Thanks!
@isbum
El Topo will have its first DVD release as part of a 3-film set, The Films Of Alejandro Jadorowsky due out three days ago. Set also includes, "The Holy Mountain, " and "Fandos & Lis"
@ Jazz: nice to see you're here... :)
@ Sally: i'll upload How To Marry A Millionaire later during the day...
Sallie - I have Grumpier Old Men (The Boot) at really high quality (320Kbps) - do you already have that one?
It seems as though I ran across Grumpy Old Men several months ago - I'll search around and see if I can find it for you. Can;t quite recall though.
-Jazz
Filmpack-
Thank you!
How to marry a millionaire, wma @192 kb, with scans:
http://rapidshare.com/files/29601828/HTMAM.zip.html
@Ruggo
ur link is not working properly
Max Steiner's "The Caine Mutiny"
http://fileho.com/download/081a6b379878/Max-Steiner-TheCaineMutiny.rar.html
File: Max-Steiner-TheCaineMutiny.rar
File size: 0.00 Kb
Description: music
so if u have this file plz upload again i realy need this max steiner score plz plz plz and one more thing. Is this with dialog or without dialog score thanks waiting for ur reply
Here's one of my favorite recordings: John Williams conducted a suite from his great score to The Reivers. Williams conducted the Boston Pops on this, as part of a CD called Music For Stage And Screen (half his music, half Aaron Copland). He set his music to text from Faulker's The Reivers book narrated wonderfully by Burgess Meredith. The result is an 18-minute masterpiece. Please have a listen to this:
http://rapidshare.com/files/29553532/Reivers_Suite.rar
@isbum Thanks so much for all those great links, dunno how I missed them! Glad you enjoyed the Ferrio, more to come eventually!
And thanks to aeverybody else for all the great links! Zodiac by Shire, been wanting that one, great to see him back at it!
JP
@ filmpac,
Thanks a bunch for your last shares. I think you inadvertently switched a couple of your links around though. The link for the Sherlock Holmes score is actual the first disc of The Changling, and the first link for The Changling is actually for the Holmes disc.
Not a big deal of course, but I wanted to point it out to hopefully save someone from downloading the wrong thing.
Thanks again!
SPARTACUS THE HERO
The commercial release of this score was a very short 5 min. This is the promo score running around 22min.
THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY
Lennie Niehaus and Clint Eastwood
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IZ77W4B5
And thank you all for the fantastic posts! :)
Thanks a lot for THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY and all the others everyone!
I'll post something for "naughty" weekend too shortly :P
Thanks for Until September Filmpac! Been after that one for ages. I hear ya about Barry's romantic scores - they're not the most memorable, but it's nice "lazy afternoon" music.
And wow, Jazz! Haven't seen you around for ages. I used to post on your blog (good times) as Frazzle Dazzle. Welcome back to the blogosphere!
@amadues
Sorry for bad FilHo link. Here's a new one at Mediafire that should work just fine.
http://www.mediafire.com/?6faignzawfn
@isbum
Thanks for 48-hour wonders. All downloading right now.
@sallie
Some Audrey Hepburn photos for you.
http://larink.com/download.php?sid=699&name=q505ah.rar
Now I'm off to the local casino to play a little Texas Hold 'em.
I've been having some trouble getting logged on. Lack of anonymous posting is a bit of a problem.
@isbum - Did you post that "Ikarie XB1"? I've been through it, and some of it is just remarkable... Cue 24 stands on it's own as just outstanding and large parts remind me of Sawtell and Shefter (on their best behavior)... Other parts are VERY familiar, but I can't place them.
Do you - Does anyone - know anything about this score? Is it actually the original score by Zdenek Liska? I know this movie was shoirtened and... modified... for it's US release, but I am not sure if they changed the music.
Anyway, I really like this one.
thingmaker
@ thingmaker - Ikare XB1 was from me via a friend. I wish I could tell you more about it, but I have no contact with him at the moment.
It's a terrific document of the film though. Glad you dig it.
@ Star Trek fans +
fans of Jerry Fielding
I am wondering if any of you have seperated the Jerry Fielding tracks composed for Star Trek episodes?
His music seems to be available in small amounts on a large number of Star Trek related Cd's.
@ isbum
Sorry if I keep disappearing from time to time. I've got a lot on my plate right now. Which means I've got some catching up to do.
Thanks for posting the Phil Woods, I'll grab it tomorrow.
Roger about Williams, too bad but it may show up again sometime.
See ya!
@ breton girl
Thanks for Millionaire - downloading now and I'll listen later.
@ Isbum & Filmpac
Here is my second Bruton Music Library Disc post by
Mark Shreeve (Synth / Rock).
"ENERGY FOUNTAIN" @320
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BMJM3I19
Same as the first disc, none of the shorter versions of each track have been included.
In my opinion, these first two discs are the best of the bunch. So unless you really enjoy these, I may not post the rest.
Please enjoy!!!.
Hello to all the gentle and friendly people here.
i'm currently looking for these Italian soundtracks, very very hard to find out & super-expensive to buy (so off of my reach):
Nico Fidenco - "Le inibizioni del dottor Gaudenzi, vedovo, col complesso della buonanima" OST
Nico Fidenco - "El Che Guevara" OST
Nico Fidenco - "John il bastardo" OST
Giorgio Gaslini - "La notte" OST
(any other score by Gaslini is welcome)
Franco Micalizzi - "Diabolica" OST
Franco Micalizzi - "Violence" OST
Franco Micalizzi - "Karate Amazones" OST
Franco Micalizzi - "I due volti della paura" OST
Franco Micalizzi - "Sei iellato amico,hai incontrato Sacramento" OST
@ a good bitrate BTW
Just a mission : impossible since it's stuff so hard to get.
ciao and good music to everybody :)
@isbum-
Thank you for U.N.C.L.E. :)
Here is an unreleased Elmer Bernstein score-
FIVE DAYS ONE SUMMER
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZO66VJGD
Hope you like!
Hi Everyone---
for my first contribution to this happening place:
Shelley Manne and His Men Play PETER GUNN
(it's an lp rip @ 192 and there is some 'S,K.&P'---that's "Snap, Krackle & Pop' for all the uninitiated but it's still an awesome album. with cover scans!)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RGUCZGP0
Bye For Now,
Rocket From Mars
ps--- @ everyone: thanks for all the great shares with such friendly and polite discourse. it reminds me of the good ol' days around here.
@Ronnie C
I'm always up for a few library albums.
I do prefer the groovy/funky stuff but I collect anything library related (when I can get it)
I would prefer the "complete" albums just for the sake of completism :)
Thanks
This is not my rip so thanks the original uploader.
Remember The Titans Promo
1. Remember the Titans (02:18)
2. Gettysberg (01:19)
3. The Game (04:46)
4. Integration (01:16)
5. T.C. Williams (02:29)
6. Virginia (01:37)
7. The Hospital (01:52)
8. Titans Spirit (01:24)
9. Black and White (01:15)
10. On The Bus (01:56)
11. The Field (02:39)
12. Boone And Yoast (02:25)
http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/290974/Remember_the_Titans_Promo.rar
An Officer And A Gentleman - 1982 - Buffy Sainte-Marie, Jack Nitzsche
1. Main Title From 'An Officer And A Gentleman' - Jack Nitzshe
2. Up Were We Belong - Joe Crocker/Jennifer Warnes
3. Hungry For Your Love - Van Morrison
4. Tush - ZZ Top
5. Treat Me Right - Pat Benatar
6. Be Real - The Sir Douglas Quintet
7. Up Where We Belong - Joe Crocker/Jennifer Warnes
8. Love Theme From 'An Officer And A Gentleman' - Lee Ritenour
9. Tunnel Of Love - Dire Straits
10. The Morning After Love Theme - Jack Nitzshe
http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/1110269/OST__An_Officer_and_A_Gentleman.rar
Password: siaht
House Of Sand And Fog
Composed By: By James Horner.
1.An Older Life
2.The Waves Of The Caspian Sea
3.Old Photos, New Memories
4.'This Is No Longer Your House'
5.Two People
6.Kathy's Night
7.Parallel Lives, Parallel Loves
8.Behrani's Thoughts / Long Ago
9.Break-In
10.The Dreams Of Kings
11.The Shooting, A Payment For Our Sins
12.'We Have Travelled So Far, It Is Time To Return To Our Path'
13.A Return To The Caspian, And To The Iran Of Old
http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/1094477/2003_House_Of_Sand_And_Fog.rar
Password: siaht
Mona lisa Smile Promo
Original Score By Rachel Portman
01 - Opening Titles
02 - Betty Goes To Joan At Night
03 - Amanda Is Dismissed
04 - Jackson Pollock
05 - Bike Ride
06 - Giselle Waits For Bill
07 - The Roles You Were Born To Fill
08 - Betty Challenges Katherine
09 - We Will Never Forget You
10 - Why Couldn't You Let Me Be Happy
11 - Katherine's First Lecture
12 - Paul Leaves
13 - End Credits
http://lix.in/2617f1
Password: siaht
Cold Mountain Oscar Promo SCORE
Original Score by Gabriel Yared
01. Ada Plays
02. Someplace Someone
03. Arrival At Cold Mountain
04. Preparing For Battle
05. Without The Words
06. Dear Mr. Inman
07. A Fair Exchange
08. Escape From The Chain Gang
09. Bag Of Diamonds
10. I Marry You
11. Cold Mountain Anthem
12. Black Crows
13. Rebirth
http://rapidshare.com/files/29104062/Cold_Mountain_-_Score_-_Up_by_Ana_Luiza.rar
@Ruggo
Thanks for the Max Steiner's "The Caine Mutiny"
@Filmpac
what can i say about u. u r genius Thanks for the Brigde on the river kwai
Someone somewhere requested Malcolm Arnold's "Bridge On The River Kwai" (1957). Sallie maybe? I am fairly sure that request was never fulfilled, and I was a little reluctant to put up the low bitrate LP version I had. Recently acquired a pristine CD, so here it is, with bonus tracks, @320:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XL9HD04F
Also, a reminder of another Malcolm Arnold posted previously, with a promise of some more to follow. "The Heroes Of Telemark" (1965), from LP @192:
http://rapidshare.com/files/9818578/MA-HeroesOfTelemark.rar
And another Michael J Lewis to add to our collection. "The Medusa Touch" (1978), promo @192:
http://rapidshare.com/files/29636545/MJL-TheMedusaTouch.rar
Sorry, needed three goes to get that post right, it's early, need coffee!
@ thxjay
No problem, I will post the shorter versions of each of the tracks (as per track listing on artwork) for "RIDING THE EDGE" & "ENERGY FOUNTAIN" (mid next week). You will have to bare with me as I'm having problems ripping on my home computer at the moment. Having to do this on my work computer, but not back in till Tuesday.
@ edsbebop - A request of yours from ScoreBaby's. A beautiful early-70s soundtrack, with vocals by Karen Carpenter. The recurring theme would later be used as the title music for CBS' Young & The Restless. I was sure this had been shared somewhere, but couldn't find a link anywhere. Thanks to the original ripper, please enjoy...
Barry De Vorzon "Bless The Beasts & Children" (1971), from LP @192:
http://rapidshare.com/files/29704834/BDV-BlessTheBeasts.rar
@ scoredaddy - I concur sir, The Reivers suite is excellent (love the narration), from one of my favorite films too. I've only heard Williams in concert once, from New York in 2005 which included a homage to the cranky maestro himself Bernard Herrmann. Do you have the complete CD that Reivers comes from? I would LOVE to hear the whole thing!
Thank you so much for Bless The Beast And The Children!!! :)
You're welcome edsbebop! Playing Bless the Beasts got me thinking of another bestial flick.
Request for Dominic Frontiere "Roar" (1981), available on LP only apparently. Anyone have this in their collection?
One request for this evening-
DORIAN GRAY 1970 remake.
I think there was an LP release, but I can't find any info on this one. Any help would be appreciated :)
@Filmpac
I have the Reivers CD if Scoredaddy does not. Let me know.
This is great everybody!
Congratulations to you all for sharing excellent music and being so kind to each other.
Almost 200 posts already, hard to believe. :)
Anyone got the score Adam Gorgoni composed for Candyman 3? Looks like it's oop now...
@isbum
Love the U.N.C.L.E. vol4 post
Don't suppose you (or anyone else)have the other three do you :)
Thanks
@filmpac
You want the Williams Stage & Screen, correct? Not the Reivers score.
@ All - My Email address is in my profile now. Sorry, it's never been much of a secret. ;)
Here are two more Nicolai scores for your possible listening pleasure. These last two scores, along with the five posted previously, make up the "Bruno Nicolai in Giallo" box.
Tutti I Colori Del Buio (All The Colors Of The Dark)
http://rapidshare.com/files/29851619/BB_6a.zip.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/29854178/BB_6b.zip.html
Un Bianco Vestito Per Mariale (Spirits of Death)
http://rapidshare.com/files/29864541/FC-BN_7a.zip.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/29865982/FC-BN_7b.zip.html
For anyone here unfamiliar with the composer's work, Nicolai's giallo scores are a mixture of moody underscore, breezy lounge, and highly melodic orchestral compositions that by all rights should be the premier soundtracks of an otherworldly Martian cinema but instead belong to a small subset of thrillers that were typically created by Italian filmmakers in the 60s and 70s. Out of these seven scores, six were composed by Nicolai, while Fiorenzo Carpi's "Un Bianco Vestito Per Mariale" was conducted and arranged by him.
Enjoy!
SPARTACUS THE HERO
@ sparticusthehero - Love those scores!! Highly recommended.
Thanks man!
@ tony - I had in mind to post the other Goodwin requests here, but couldn't find the disc it was on (update, now found). But I did find this one.
Ron Goodwin "The Trap" (1966), @192:
http://rapidshare.com/files/29786431/RG-TheTrap.rar
@ sallie - No official score was ever released for Grumpy Old Men, but there is a bootleg, so I'll second your request there. But I do have a big dog you requested.
Randy Edelman "Beethoven" (1992), @192:
http://rapidshare.com/files/29754850/RE-Beethoven.rar
@ thingmaker - An old old request, from You Don't Part #2. I just picked this one up over the weekend, had just about given up hope and was starting to think it was the soundtrack that time forgot.
John Scott "The People That Time Forgot" (1977), @320:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E5AJ8OZ2
@ scoredaddy - Yes please, the Stage & Screen. I already have the actual Reivers soundtrack, one of my faves. Thanks in advance. I can post Williams' Concert In New York from 2005 if interested? And speaking of concerts, I also have Trevor Jones live at Soncinemad in Madrid, if anyone is interested?
@ breton girl - Yes, I have Candyman 3, coming in the next day or so.
@ spartacus - Haven't had a chance yet to grab your great Nicolai shares. He was one of the first to turn me onto Italian composers, so I much appreciate you sharing them.
Filmpac - Excellent 200th post! Grabbed Goodwin and Scott pronto.
I ran across these yesterday, and am quite pleased to share them today. Sweet Lp copies. Elusive Quincy Jones scores.
"John and Mary"
By Quincy Jones
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UC6MWJID
* Beautiful main theme, melancholy mood, classical interpretations, for what I hear is a cinematic downer.
"Enter Laughing"
by Quincy Jones
Vocals by Mel Carter & Carl Reiner
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1GM7TVRL
* Light comedy score in the tradition of Henry Mancini.
The record store owner mentioned that singer Mel Carter is a regular visitor. Thought for a second that he was gonna keep the record, but didn't want to see me exit crying. ;)
Happy Sunday everybody!
@ Filmpac - Thank you very much for posting "The People That Time Forgot". I've had a TV tape I made for years - The score so far outclassed the film.
* I've discovered that cue # 27 "Return Across the Ice Wall" is massively glichy. I've downloaded twice and the problem is real.* Can you re-rip the cue?
Thanks!
I'm not sure whether anybody needs these (I'm going over my CD shelf, starting from A...)
Malcolm Arnold "The Sound Barrier" with Arnold Bax "Malta G.C." (Cloud Nine)
Richard Band (All Intrada or Full Moon)
"The Arrival" - "Castle Freak" - "Crash and Burn" - "Doctor Mordrid" - "The House on Sorority Row" - "Mutant" - "The Pit and the Pendulum" - "Puppet Master" 1 and 2 - "The Resurrected"
Robert Folk (Intrada)
"Beastmaster 2" - "In the Army Now"
thingmaker
@filmpac-
A very hearty thank you for THE TRAP!
I've been wanting this score for quite some time. :)
Not sure if this has been posted before, but here is Bill Conti's score for BROADCAST NEWS
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FN891DPE
There are no track titles listed (sorry), but the the track titles are listed on the back of the cd artwork (included) and front artwork as well. But, I must also mention that the artwork is not from the original release. Confused. That's ok, so am I.
Enjoy :)
@ filmpac-
Thanks for the ups- I did request The Bridge Over the River Kwai.
I will be looking for Grumpy Old Men- I thought maybe there was a bootleg floating around. I do have the soundtrack to Grumpier Old Men if you don't have that. I'm trying to get it out of Lossless and into individual tracks in mp3. Do you know how to do that?
It also includes the score to Overboard (with Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn) and Clean Slate.
Let me know if you want it (Or if anyone else wants it for that matter).
Thanks again!
thingmaker-
I would love to here Mutant! Thanks in advance!
Sartana
Piero Piccioni
ripped @ 320
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZVMAY0WB
thanks to JP for the 2 Ferrio's
I wonder if any of you guys can help me indentify what soundtracks thease music scores were originally lifted from :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZQPtaSbs5Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VxnjEaKCoo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBALdhk3A2E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-ko-j2n4nc
thank you
@filmpac
Here is Williams' Music For Stage & Screen CD rip @320
includes Williams' Reivers + Born on 4th of July suites = Copland Quiet City + Red Pony
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QOXLXL48
Here's Richard Band's "Mutant" at 320 - no images.
http://rapidshare.com/files/29907174/Mutant.ZIP.html
Pretty nice score... Rather feeble movie... But it does have zombies, which is always a plus.
@ all - Bummer, track #27 of "People That Time Forgot" is indeed seriously glitched. Sorry 'bout that, replacement here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WZ4OXJMI
@ scoredaddy - Thanks heaps, looks forward to this!
@ sallie - There are quite a few free converters floating around on the web that should do the job. Sorry, but I don't have time at the moment, but a google search should give you some ideas. Barring that, I can probably find you an mp3 version, I think I saw Grumpier Old Men when I went looking for Grumpy.
@ thingmaker - I'm all good on the Richard Bands, but I'll definitely stick my hand up for The Sound Barrier. Awesome!
@ filmpac-
Got it converted to mp3 @ 320. Thanks though.
I'm sure you'll find Grumpy Old Men before I do, you have many more resources! I will keep my eye out though.
Post a Comment