Welcome to October at Franklynot. If it gets cold outside, just come in and we'll throw a log or two into the fireplace,hand you a hot cup of coco, and play some great music.
As always, enjoy the warmth of this little spot in cyberspace.
Hello and Merry October to all. Can I kick off with two virtually impossible requests (as far as I know). The theme by Piero Piccioni to Francesco Rosi's "Three Brothers" (Tre Fratelli, and the theme to the short lived 1972 Ivan Tors series "Primus" music (I think) by Leonard Rosenman. A little niche, but if anyone can, you can!
My requests are still the same: Willow [Complete Score] (2-CD) (James Horner) Beetlejuice [2-CD edition] (Danny Elfman) and any Harry Potter expanded complete score (with or without sfx)
If anyone could help me with the following, that would be great.
Mad, Mod & Macabre - The Ronald Stein Collection The Krays - Mark Isham Four British Film Scores Klute tomandandy Right at Your Door (2006) (The Psychedelic Electronic Gamelan Orchestra) Atlantis, The Lost Continent / The Power Miklos Rozsa Caboblanco Soundtrack Jerry Goldsmith Comancheros Elmer Bernstein Creature From the Black Lagoon (and Tarzan) Destination Moon Soundtrack Heinz Sandauer Invasion Of The Saucer-Men / It Conquered The World Ronald Stein Logans Run TV Soundtrack Bruce Broughton, Laurence Rosenthal Lost World / 5 Weeks In A Balloon Soundtrack John Barry Mighty Joe Young/20 Million Miles to Earth/The Animal World Murder and Mayhem Soundtrack (The Lodger / The Beast with Five Fingers / The Uninvited) Q - THE WINGED SERPENT Robert O. Ragland MAN WHO HAUNTED HIMSELF/92 IN THE SHADE Michael J. Lewis DIAMOND HEAD / GONE WITH THE WAVE John Williams, Lalo Schifrin GREEN BERETS (FSM) Miklos Rozsa THE WRATH OF GOD Lalo Schifrin HELLSTROM CHRONICLE Lalo Schifrin OSTERMAN WEEKEND Lalo Schifrin
@ Janus Just a refresher message as we have turned a new page, wondered if thee was anychance you could split that last reprise collection post, as it is too massive to download, would really appreciate it pal.
01 1962 - DR KILDARE - Three Stars Will Shine Tonight (Richard Chamberlain) (02:40) 02 1963 - LILES OF THE FIELD - Amen (Jester Hairston) (02:16) 03 1964 - FATE IS THE HUNTER - Fate is the Hunter (Jerry Write & Chorus) (02:06) 04 1964 - RIO CONCHOS - Rio Conchos (Johnny Douglas) (02:38) 05 1966 - STAGECOACH - I Will Follow (Bill Brown Singers) (02:56) 06 1966 - THE TROUBLE WITH ANGELS - The Trouble with Angels (The Devils) (01:57) 07 1967 - IN LIKE FLINT - Your Zowie Face (Uncredited) (02:30) 08 1967 - THE FLIM FLAM MAN - Hands Off The Man (Barbara Streisand) (02:33) 09 1968 - SEBASTIAN - Comes the Night (Jimmy A. Hassell) (02:38) 10 1970 - THE BALLAD OF CABLE HOGUE - Tomorrow is the Song I Sing (Richard Gillis) (03:13) 11 1971 - THE GOING UP OF DAVID LEV - Song 1 (Uncredited) (03:01) 12 1971 - THE GOING UP OF DAVID LEV - Song 2 (Uncredited) (03:19) 13 1971 - THE LAST RUN - The Last Run (Steve Lawrence) (02:11) 14 1971 - WILD ROVERS - The Wild Rover (Ellen Smith) (02:38) 15 1971 - WILD ROVERS - Texas Rangers (Ellen Smith) (03:55) 16 1971 - WILD ROVERS - The Wild Rover Unused (Sheb Wooley) (03:36) 17 1971 - WILD ROVERS - Ballad of the Wild Rovers (William Holden) (01:53) 18 1973 - PAPILLON - Toi Qui Regarde La Mer (Nicoletta) (03:14) 19 1973 - THE DON IS DEAD - Our Last Night TV-Cut Excerpt (Uncredited) (01:00) 20 1975 - BABE - When You've Gone Away (Uncredited) (04:52) 21 1976 - THE OMEN - The Piper Dreams (Carol Heather) (02:40) 22 1978 - CAPOBLANCO - Heaven Knows (Carol Goldsmith) (03:31) 23 1978 - COMA - Sundy's Moon (Uncredited) (02:33) 24 1978 - THE BOYS FROM BRAZIL - We're Home again (Elaine Page) (03:53) 25 1979 - STAR TREK - A Star Beyond Time (Shaun Cassidy) (02:30) 26 1982 - MRS BRISBY - Flying Dreams (Paul Williams) (03:25) 27 1982 - MRS BRISBY - Flying Dreams (Sally Stevens) (03:15) 28 1982 - POLTERGEIST - Bless this House (Chorus) (04:01) 29 1982 - RAMBO I - It's a long Road (Dan Hill) (03:21) 30 1983 - TWILIGHT ZONE THE MOVIE - Nights are Forever (Jennifer Warnes) (03:48) 31 1984 - THE LONEY GUY - Love comes without Warning (America) (03:32) 32 1985 - LEGEND - Song Medley (Uncredited) (04:39) 33 1985 - RAMBO II - Peace in Our Life (Frank Stallone) (03:19) 34 1989 - STAR TREK V - The Moon's A Window to Heaven (Hiroshima) (04:00) 35 1990 - RUSSIA HOUSE - Alone in the World (Patti Austin) (04:12) 36 1994 - THE RIVER WILD - The Water is Wide (Cowboy Junkies) (03:11) 37 1995 - CONGO - Spirit of Africa (Lebo M) (02:40) 38 1995 - POWDER - No One Like You (Sarah Brightman) (04:46) 39 2002 - SUM OF ALL FEARS - If I could Remember (Yolanda Adams) (03:34)
@ Parzival, thanks, but it's the HP boots i've already got (it seems these two are the only ones uploaded on the web).. Unless you've got the Azkaban in higher than 128 kb, no need to upload for me...
I have some difficult requests, but if anyone could help me out that would be great!
West Wing (Promo Score) - WG Snuffy Walden Pride and Prejudice (A&E) - Carl Davis Catch and Release (Score) - BT Notting Hill (Promo Score) - Trevor Jones
Further to your comment of a couple of days ago, I too was very upset to find that one of my favorite blogs has disappeared – green eyed lady. She had posted some tremendous stuff in the jazz and vocal line and I'm going to miss her blog a lot. She explained that she deleted her blog after being harrassed by some crazy lunatic. Bad news.
This is an absolutely phenomenal blog. I don't know how I can join you or how I even can post any music here... I feel kind of guilty to be always receiving, yet I believe that I could make a contribution, too. As this message makes it clear I don't know how to do this. Would any of you be kind & patient enough to send me an e-mail with perhaps some ideas or how to's?
Man I'm falling behind on my downloading with all the time I'm spending "uploading" on my blog......ahhh, as I write mr Al Caiola just started playing Charade, man I LOVE that track, dig it!
I'm just uploading The "Harry In Your Pocket" bootleg to my blog. I think it came from someone here, so if anyone lays claim to it and doesn't want me to share it, tell me.
I've just finished a custom cover for it as it didn't have one (obviously being a bootleg)
Oh, isbum, I'm no graphic designer you know, it's only a hobby :)
Yes, I understand the rules, but which one(s) did I mess up? The Pranks album was a sold out limited edition I thought...? The others were OOP I believed. Sorry bout that.
1. My Name is James 2. That's the Life 3. Eating the Peach 4. Family 5. Main Title 6. Clouds 7. Spiker, Sponge and a Rhino 8. Magic Man 9. Giant Peach 10. Into the Peach 11. James Makes Some Friends 12. The Peach Rolls 13. All at Sea/That's the Life 14. 100 Seagulls and One Shark 15. Lullaby 16. James' Dream 17. Way Off Course 18. The Rhino Attacks 19. Empire State Building 20. New York City 21. Spiker and Sponge Come to America 22. A Place Where Dreams Come True 23. Good News
@ isbum I am ready with the September link list (684 new links). So please remove the previous list and I'll post the new one (it won't be before tomorrow evening since I plan to be away from home during the day).
@The Master Cylinder I can upload "The Green Berets" and "Atlantis the Lost Continent / The Power".
Should I? are either of these items that that should only be shared privately? I know I put "Atlantis/Power" up last naughty weekend... But I don't keep up with current events...
I'd like to have some of the stuff requested too. Particularly the Ronald Stein "Saucer Men"... Heck I forgot that was out. I better go see if I can find a copy to buy.
Concerning my post last month: "You Are What You Eat" is the 1968 OST that consists of mainly grunge/psychedelic rock tracks. Contains following tracks:
Teenage Fair (Helmet commercial) Moments of soft persuasion Silly girl Desert moog music Be my baby The family dog The nude dance My name is Jack I got you babe You are what you eat Beach music The wabe Don't remind me now of time Painting for freakout Freakout
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FBT7RL60 M Sato various
@Paul The first four were already posted here in May/june but maybe you missed em, the last one I just upped, if any one knows what cd its off I would love to know I ripped it from an audio cassette I did not make seperate trax it's a continuous, a mate of mune did for me years back it was just marked Sato, its great music real good Chanbara stuff, not only did Kurosawa infulence the Italian westerns but Sato too, imo
Thank you for the Sato. His music reminds me of "a beautiful country, Japan". Upped G'men is really great, but that has only 6 tracks. If you have full, colud you post it?
I'm just uploading your 2 Barry requests, but I think these are both very much in print F*M releases, are you able to provide an email address, maybe in the private share section of this site?
The last thing I want to do is cause any damage to this site.
@H2o sorry pal that cd came with the G men dvd box set thats all I have at the momnet if I get the next box set maybe tere will be a new cd in there. I have some Jap 60's cop tv stuff back in UK wil upload when next there
The Frank probably won't work as a free download 'cause it's over 500mb, I was surprised it let me up it as I don't have a premium account with Mega either, so, I'm upping the CD's in two chunks, might take me a bit, look out for them later this afternoon! JP
Some lead vocals by Ted Neeley of Jesus Christ Superstar fame. I was surprised by the quality of these songs after reading that this was a group Altman assembled only for the purpose of this film.
Rbt. Altman had a real knack for musical film work. His NASHVILLE is one of the all time great American movies. And all of the songs were written and performed by the actors themselves, many of whom had no professional musical experience to speak of.
Hi all, just got a few minutes to spare before going out to see "The Brave One" and thought I'd just let the group know a bit about me. I'm 46, live in London, and got into film music in December '72 when I opted to get Barry's "The Persuaders!" LP for my birthday present. Good start huh? My taste expanded in a pretty conventional manner after that...Barry to Morricone, then the United Artist compilation LP's (and their imprint - Sunset - budget reissues, through all the 60's composers. By this time Williams hit it big with Jaws/ CE3K / Star Wars, then gradually over the years I've delved further back into the Golden Age. Hell I even listen to contemporary composers once in a while! Anyway, I love this friendly blog. I do have stuff to share but when I tried to upload (via Rapidshare) I could only seem to do so 1 track at a time - if anyone has the time to "Janet and John" me through how to upload entire albums it could be quite rewarding for the whole group. Cheers for now.
@ steve - Nice introduction. Welcome to our home! It seem you took the dive into film soundtracks at about the same time as I did.
Because we seem to be getting quite a few new friends dropping in who have never ripped, zipped or rared their music, I'll open a thread for you old timers to pass along your knowledge and tips for easy rips to them.
Feel free to use this for conversations on bit rates and types of files or whatever tech information you would like to pass along.
@ isbum - Last month you asked about some Ralph Carmichael. Well, I can't turn up anything on the one you wanted, except a footnote to say that the only prints surviving are 16mm for screening in churches. It seems that the music has never been released. But I did turn up this rather intriguing number, Ralph meets the Moog...
I see that the other incredible soundtrack resource "La Leyenda del Soundtracks" is now only for invited people - does anyone have an email adress to get in contact with this blogger ?
Dear Isbum, your blog is incredible - especially your monthly lists ! Greetings from Germany, Roland
@ heldroland - To register at La Leyenda, simply click the "New Member" option under where you enter your name & password, fill out the details and submit.
Lovely, thanks for "The Whisperers", much appreciated. Finchley, to answer that one, and "The Brave One" is extremely good btw, if only Death Wish for the 21st Century, with a touch more angst.
@ voncheech Yes the new link list always contains the previous months links. What I am doing is adding a new sheet every month, so that you can delete the previous month(s) files and have only one file with all months in it on a permanent basis.
I’ve mentioned before that I love choral music (in fact I’m singing tonight). Therefore, when you put choral works into a soundtrack, I’ll be the first one in line. Here’s a new one from Prague via my favorite Russian website: AvaxHome.ru. Also have re-upped previous Cinema Choral Classics postings for those who didn’t get them first time around. Turn up the sound and hold on for dear life. This is spectacular stuff.
APOCALYPSE CINEMA CHORAL CLASSICS Crouch End Festival Chorus, Prague
01 - James Horner - GLORY - Charging Fort Wagner 02 - John Williams - SAVING PRIVATE RYAN - Hymn to the Fallen 03 - Paul Anka - THE LONGEST DAY - The Longest Day 04 - Patrick Cassidy - HANNIBAL - Vide Cor Meum 05 - William Walton - HENRY V - Overture/Agincourt Song 06 - Wojciech Kilar - THE NINTH GATE - Vocalise 07 - Wojciech Kilar - Bram Stoker's DRACULA 08 - John Barry - THE LION IN WINTER - Allons Gai, Gai, Gai 09 - John Barry - THE LION IN WINTER - Eya, Eya, Nova Gaudia 10 - John Williams - AMISTAD - Dry Your Tears Afrika 11 - Toto - DUNE 12 - Traditional/John Barry - ZULU - March of the Men of Harlech 13 - Richard Wagner - APOCALYPSE NOW - Ride of the Valkyries 14 - John Barry - THE LAST VALLEY 15 - Bruce Broughton - YOUNG SHERLOCK HOLMES - Waxing Elizabeth 16 - Jack Nitzsche - STARMAN 17 - John Williams - STAR WARS - THE PHANTOM MENACE - Duel of the Fates 18 - Maurice Jarre - SUNSHINE - The Sonnenscheins
Found this on p2pland, thought you cats might dig. Judging by the cover, put together by a group at www.soulful.it, this is a pretty classy funkfest of cop show themes and score tracks. For a peek at the back cover click there, for the download do it below...
@ quinlan - Thanks HEAPS for the ongoing link list, I am continually amazed at what I miss every month. A fabulous resource! Which reminds me to thank isbum for "You Light Up My Life" soundtrack, stuff knows how I missed that one back in August.
A quick note on that track while I'm listening to it:
I've always had the '57 LP, and just got the .ape today. (Set is based on the works of Wille the Shake, but I forget how, exactly.)
The record (a US import) is one of the fattest I've ever heard. The digi version doesn't really live up to it, but I boosted the bass quiiite a bit - but still not quite enough - to give a reasonable idea.
@Voncheech and other interested parties- In reference to La Leyenda, both the board (the new one) and the blog are doing hinky things. The board holds your membership for over a week and then deletes it without letting you in, even if you had been on previously. I had access and was going in regularly; then suddenly my membership was being reviewed and then it was deleted. The blog started being by invite only as of this past Sunday. Any info that anyone has would be appreciated; these are great resources and it would be disappointing to see them go.
@Paul- I believe that my Nausicaa link is still working; I know it's not 70's, but it's beautiful regardless. It should be under the July links. If it dies before you can download, let me know and I'll see about reupping it.
We're only 3 days into the month and you cat's have really laid down some fun tunes. H20 - Loved the Bacalov filmpac - The "Streets of SF" comp. is excellent!
Here's something I ran across today that I wholly expected to be a synthy cheesy score. I was off by a country mile. Like Russia. This fully symphonic thriller score has a Hitchcockian film to go with it.
Hi, I'm still looking for "Time To Get It Together" by Leonard Nimoy!
I'd also like to request Rustler's Rhapsody!
1. Lasso The Moon - Gary Morris 2. I Break Horses, Not Hearts - Nitty Gritty Dirt Band 3. I Ride Alone - John Anderson 4. Crumbling Stumbleweeds - Pinkard & Bowden 5. Lasso The Moon (Instrumental) - Charlie McCoy 6. Sidewinder's Symphony - Pam Tillis 7. Prairie Rose - Randy Travis 8. Bull Rider - Karen Brooks 9. I Break Horses, Not Hearts (Instrumental) - Charlie McCoy 10. Last Of The Silver Screen Cowboys - Rex Allen Jr. with Roy Rogers and Rex Allen Sr.
I used to have it on cassette, but don't anymore. Tracks 2, 4 & 6 are the ones I want the most!
@ isbum Just as a reminder, I had posted at YDHTVTB (Nomwl1, we all miss you a lot!!!) my LP rip of "The Man With The Golden Arm". The link is still valid here:
http://rapidshare.com/users/6M4ZLW
The Back cover indicates that the jazz orchestra solos were taken by Pete Candoli, trumpet; Shorty Rogers, fluegelhorn; Milt Bernhart, trombone; Bud Shank, alto sax; Bob Cooper, tenor sax; Ralph Pena, bass & Shelly Manne, drums. Only first class players.
1. My Name is James (2:39) Song 2. That's the Life (1:59) Song 3. Eating the Peach (2:54) Song 4. Family (2:44) Song 5. Main Title (0:37) 6. Clouds (1:40) 7. Spiker, Songe and a Rhino (3:25) 8. Magic Man (4:15) 9. Giant Peach (1:54) 10. Into the Peach (2:05) 11. James Makes Some Friends (1:08) 12. The Peach Rolls (2:37) 13. All At Sea - That's the Life (Reprise) (2:13) 14. 100 Seagulls and One Shark (1:58) 15. Lullaby (1:57) 16. James' Dream (1:03) 17. Way Off Course (1:48) 18. The Rhino Attacks (2:51) 19. Empire State Building (2:17) 20. New York City (2:53) 21. Spiker and Sponge Come to America (2:15) 22. A Place Where Dreams Come True (3:58) 23. Good News (4:20) (Sung by Randy Newman)
*from the webmaster of the La Leyenda de los Soundtracks blog....
New Rules for La Leyenda de los Soundtracks blog!
"Hello... I close to blog to everyone because, we were having some problems with a few members who took links from here and mine & used them for personal purposes in another blogs or forums without thanking to the original uploaders...or to blog.
Not everyone notice that this is a PRIVATE FORUM OF EXCHANGE.. For that reason, now we are choosing the people that can be member from this Forum...
I need your email for active your account to the blog!
1. Morirat (04:44) (Performed by Lyle Lovett) 2. The World's Smartest Man (05:22) 3. The Oversight Blues (10:39) 4. The Underdog (04:24) 5. Your Secret's Safe With Me (03:12) 6. Hunting In Your Underwear (03:52) 7. On The Shoulders Of Life (01:24) 8. Books and Learning (01:24) 9. A Chance Is What I'm Giving You (01:50) 10. The Committee Calls (02:14) 11. The Word Is Buffing (01:14) 12. Television On Trial (03:06) 13. Everything Has Its Price (04:18)
Some of the recent John Barry requests got me scouring my collection. In 1963, Barry got a Grammy nomination for a TV documentary, with Elizabeth Taylor providing a personal tour through London. The special was so succesful the formula was repeated the following year with Sophia Loren. I have these tagged as LP rips, but if so they are very clear. For tracklist click here, you get both in one easy download...
A little ambivalent about this posting. First, there’s a new (2007) compilation by S*ny of tracks from the wonderful JOHN BARRY. Can never get enough Barry. After that is a two CD set of The Film Music of HANS ZIMMER. Not a big Zimmer fan, but am a huge proponent of anything by the CROUCH END FESTIVAL CHORUS (See prior postings of Cinema Choral Classics). So, I offer both: beauty and the beast.
1. James Bond Theme - Barry, John Seven 2. Goldfinger - Bassey, Shirley 3. Midnight Cowboy 4. Out Of Africa (I Had A Farm In Africa) 5. John Dunbar Theme 6. You Only Live Twice - Sinatra, Nancy 7. On Her Majesty's Secret Service 8. Ipcress File 9. View To A Kill - Duran Duran 10. Girl With The Sun In Her Hair - Barry, John Orchestra 11. 007 12. Zulu - Barry, John & The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra 13. Knack 14. Chaplin 15. Lion In Winter 16. Moviola 17. Persuaders 18. Seance On A Wet Afternoon 19. Born Free - Monro, Matt 20. Thunderball - Jones, Tom 21. Somewhere In Time - Williams, Roger 22. Beyondness Of Things - English Chamber Orchestra 23. We Have All The Time In The World - Armstrong, Louis 24. Diamonds Are Forever - Bassey, Shirley
THE FILM MUSIC OF HANS ZIMMER The City of Prague Symphony Orchestra Crouch End Festival Chorus
01. Gladiator - Gladiator Suite 02. Gladiator - Now We Are Free (vocal) 03. The Thin Red Line - The Village 04. Thelma & Louise - Main Theme 05. The Da Vinci Code - Chevaliers De Sangreal 06. The Da Vinci Code - Kyrie For The Magdalene 07. Rain Man - Las Vegas 08. Rain Man - Main Theme 09. Days Of Thunder - Days Of Thunder 10. Pearl Harbor - Heart Of The Volunteer 11. The Last Samurai - The Last Samurai
CD #2
01. Crimson Tide - Roll Tide 02. Crimson Tide - Eternal Father, Strong To Slave 03. Green Card - Restless Elephants 04. Regarding Henry - Walking, Talking Man 05. Batman Begins - Eptesicus 06. Hannibal - Vide Cor Meum 07. True Romance - You're So Cool 08. Driving Miss Daisy - End Credits 09. The Rock - The Rock 10. Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest – The Kraken 11. Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl - Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl 12. Gladiator – Now We Are Free (Instrumental version)
@ isbum Of the LPs you have listed the only one that I found (and downloaded) on another blog (don't remember which one) is "Michelle" by Bud Shank. On the other hand I do have the Maynard Ferguson LP "New Vintage". If you need a hand to rip and upload, please say so.
@ scorefun - Finally got around to giving your Jerry Goldsmith Songbook a listen. I am just stunned!! This is a truly outstanding compilation, kudos to Mr Goldsmith for so many great songs (I had no idea) and to yourself for putting them all together. The songs from "Going Up Of David Lev" are almostly certainly performed by Topol, but I can't get much info on the singers of the other uncredited tracks. And where the heck did you get those David Lev songs from? Did you rip them from movie yourself? Any chance of a complete bootleg?
@ ennioman - Could I impose and ask if you could put together some covers for this, front and back. It would be awesome if you could!
@ Filmpac Sure give me a day or so, can I ask where the link is for this, I collect everything Goldsmith, but I think I missed this one? :-(
REQUEST PLEASE Had a Hammer file for ages that has been missing just 2 tracks, it's from Gerard Schürmann's The Lost Continent The tracks I have missing are Tracks 11 & 12
The rest of the recording I have is in 192 b/r Many thanks Ennioman
I've posted a few things for THXjay at The Crime Lounge, a sensational new blog for all things spy related. Please pay it a visit if you have not already done so. Here's those links for you cool cats too...
@ ennioman - Up near the top of the page, October 1, 2007 7:44 AM, for the Jerry Goldsmith Songbook, posted by scorefun. It's a big download but hugely worth it. Thanks for the offer of covers mate, mucho appreciated:))
What a great production. Can't wait to make copies for my friends and pass them out. Almost tempted to change my screen name just so it look's sexier on future album covers.
Just a word on the whole La Leyenda thing, if I may. I can't begin to count the number of posts of mine that have turned up on either of the La Leyenda sites under someone else's nick, yet I still got removed from the list of users at the forum site. Voncheech very kindly got that rectified for me. Likewise it seems strange to me that I am excluded from The Master Cylinder (aka Industrial Cocktail) when so many of my posts have turned up there as well.
From what I have seen in the past, the La Leyenda blog has been something of a mirror site of the forum, and as such has probably proved a good resource for those who feel a bit funny about registering at forums etc.
This trend of blog sites going private seems to be an increasing one. I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing, but it seems a shame nonetheless. What is far worse is for someone like Green Eyed Lady just to chuck in the towel, and close the blog permanently, never to be seen again.
Personally, I think we have the right mix here of being more or less open to all, with the exception that anonymous posters can't comment. The reasons for that are obvious to some of us. Long may we continue in the same vein.
Looking forward to the finished Jazz Project, here's cheers to all!
@ filmpac - I agree with you. As I recently said to tony about people who take music and don't acknowledge the original uploader or even that it came from another blog. "The thanks they get must feel as empty as a pumpkin in October."
I have a suggestion for the readers of this blog who wish to request music anonymously, bookmark and post where the following link takes you. I will check it daily to see if I can help with any of your requests. Hopefully, some other posters here will do the same.
It will take you to the first open comments post at nomwl1's You Don't Have To Visit This Blog. Perhaps we can bring some joy back to our original home. Heck, we might even get nomwl1 to update his great blog!
If their's an easier way to link the anonymous poster's to that space, let me know.
I must admit to not really taking much notice of the Jazz Project, just seemed to pass me by while I was busy messing with my new blog.
But having just downloaded it and seen what you're up to, count me in! I'm sold.
Nice cover clint (sorry ennioman) always see you as a Clint, shows how influential those pics are, I actually think isbum looks like David Hemmings :)
Looking forward to the Travel comp, I've actualy just spent about two hours searching for something relevant for it, but everything I was thinking of seems to be a bloody library/testcard track :(
How about doing a "sounds like a score" compilation later on using library production music etc?
@ ennioman Sorry, i just saw your msg. No, my mailbox is not full. I am receiving msgs every day. Maybe your attchment is too many bytes?
@ all See post of Tony Banks score for The Wicked Lady from great rock blog SilverRain: http://silveraintr.blogspot.com/2007/10/tony-banks-wicked-lady-1983.html
Check this: (a continuation of all my Emanuelle posts)
I stumbled upon a bunch of erotica/sexploitation soundtracks over at this site:
different waters http://differentwaters.blogspot.com/2007/07/you-knew-this-was-inevitable.html
Anyway, in the list is a disco/funk soundtrack to some japanese 70's porno called "Tokyo Emmanuelle Fujin" (1975).
Also I have a couple requests:
Naakt Over de Schutting - Ruud Bos (1973) OST to a film from the Netherlands with a blaxploitation sound to it. The closest I can compare it to is Le Planete Sauvage. I sometimes see it for sale on ebay but its price always reaches the $100+ range.
&
Soul Impressions - Janko Nilovic (1975) Library music. I'm a sucker for cover art and was interested in this after seeing the LP & CD cover.
@ all In regard to the sad demise of Green Eyed Lady, did any of you see the following message on Singin' & Swingin', which seems to indicate the end was less sinister than originally believed?
Hi there. Last saturday I deleted my blog by accident(www.greeneyedladymusic.blogspot.com). I'm going nuts here trying to talk to you guys. Is there a chance for me to get it restored? I saw it by cached that it's still there. Please, tell me if there's a way to revert this situation. I thank you in advance. Andrea.
@ mel, scoredaddy and all other friends who had some interest in "Green Eyed Lady" blog. I was just going to transfer the information when I noticed that scoredaddy did it a little while ago. If you go there:
You'll see the original message from GEL, provided it's really from her. Maybe one of us could try to help her in restoring her blog, which she apparently deleted by accident.
@filmpac: Many thanks for your praise to the Goldsmith-songbook. If anybody wants to create a cover/booklet for this compilation; let me know and upload here.
According to "David Lev" I found a discussion on the F*M-Board (http://anonymous.scyther-bladez.com/?http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?forumID=1&pageID=2&threadID=42055&archive=0) I contacted the user 'Arch Stanton' who got a copy of the mastertapes of the score... the download link is still available http://rapidshare.com/files/35448387/The_Going_Up_of_David_Lev.zip.html enjoy...and thanks to Arch
Saw an old 70s funk classic last night, gave the soundtrack a spin and loved it. Even though I think it's been shared somewhere before, deserves another go-around. Here then is the Grammy Award winning...
To be honest Jay, I could never ever get used to Photoshop, just never liked it. I just use an old U-Lead program, I'm happy with most things it does, maybe apart from the options involving text, unable to copy and paste into the text window is a bit of a pain in the ass, so occasionally use publisher, but that does not have a back template for CD's.. (I don't think) I haven't actually had publisher that long.
Hi friends. I don't think this has been posted anywhere, but I could be wrong.
This is from the rejected score from THE NEPTUNE FACTOR -William McCauley. It runs approx 42 min. with no fx.
The sound quality is quite good, and the score itself I think, is very enjoyable.
I was not familiar with this composers work, so I was pleasantly surprised at how good it is.
There was also a Lalo Schifrin score on the DVD that was isolated, but it had too many fx as far as I'm concerned, so I didn't make an effort to upload his score.
In my humble opinion, I think I prefer McCauley's score over Schifrins.
@ amadues - Dang dude, you always come up with the hardest requests. I've put together a little package containing some which have never seen a full release...
Alex North "Shanks" (1974) - 4 track movie rip bootleg thingy.
David Raksin "Separate Tables" (1958) - 4 tracks from a compilation called A Composer In Hollywood, which I just discovered and can't find any details on, might be a bootleg.
Franz Waxman "Suspicion" (1941) - A 12 minute suite take from a Hitchcock compilation. There does apparently exist an LP for this, but I've never seen it and would definitely second your request.
Herschel Burke Gilbert "The Thief" (1952) - 7 short tracks ripped from DVD. This is from a huge series called Unheard Melodies, done by a feller called Atilla's Violin, all credit to him.
@ ennioman - Awesome job on the Jerry Songbook covers, much appreciated my friend. I think I like the A one best. For mine this is an early nomination for post of the month. Jolly jolly:))
I'm just relaying a message posted at my place by Onzichtbaredj, he said he can't post here so (pasted):
isbum just started something nice. I cannot post there so leave my contribution here. Is from an Italian movie but synchronized in German. The voice is of Gianni Moretti, a very young one. I remember he has a relation with a prostitute. Taped it from the movie. nr. 19 Sie nehmen die Machine nach... I do have others, also from Bond movies. "Es ist hübsch hier in den Bergen" from Dr. No and that kind of stuff. Could you post it please at isbum's?
All the best with your fantastic tasty blog.
Onzichtbaredj
Oh this is the link: http://rapidshare.com/files/60393246/19_Nummer_19.rar.html
not sure whether it was meantfor the travel or here?
I've got some more requests, if necessary as a private share.
Does anyone have anything by Roque Banos except "The Machinist" and "Alatriste"? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Also, I'm looking for anything Alexandre Desplat did before his sell-out hollywood-debut. I know to some of you guys he's this "french newcomer", but seriously, he's been around in France for about 20 years, I know some french movies from the early 80s that had Desplat's minimalism in them and I should assume there gotta be some soundtracks of his from France, right? If anyone could help with those, I'd thank you a thousand times.
@Clint/Ennioman: Wow - many thanks for your perfect work on the songbook-artwork; i like it !
Can you please make one little correction on the back-cover? As I/we know now, the songs from David Lev are sung by 'Topol'... If you are so kind to upload a new version that would be very nice.
Thanks for your work... and BTW where do you find all these single-covers for the front artwork?
First off thank you all for your kind words in regards to the Jazz project and Jerry Songbook art.
@Scorefun Glad you like the covers, but sadly I cannot go back in and edit the text, the program I use U-Lead only allows me to save it as a finished item, unlike publisher where you can re-edit text, but as I said above to THX publisher does not have a template for a CD back cover.. It's not all bad news though, I made a few corrections along the way, corrected the track name from Coma and added that it is sang by Carol Goldsmith for example.. I try to double check everything before making the back final but alas I missed the comments referring to the David Lev tracks, sorry mate.
Covers on the front, well, some are from soundtrack collector and some are from the BSStable..
@ isbum Again, Bud Shank's "Michelle" I have is not my rip. The sound quality is more than acceptable (224). The scan of the back cover indicates that the record is also available in Stereo, sort of inferring that that the record the rip was made from is the Mono one. However, when carefully listening to it with a headset, I am pretty sure that it's the Stereo version. One can clearly hear the various instruments on separate channels, unless of course I am wrong. Let me do some restoration and you have it soon. Regarding Maynard Ferguson's "New Vintage", yes Jay Chattaway co-produced it. He arranged and conducted all compositions except Sonny Rollins' "Airegin". In addition to that latter one, the tracks are: "Star Wars" Main Title (John Williams, Oasis (Jay Chattaway/Maynard Ferguson), "West Side Story" Maria (Leonard Bernstein), El Vuelo (Jay Chattaway, Sheherazade (Rimsky-Korsakov). As mel indicated, if it's not on six-by-six blog I don't know where it can be, except on one my shelves ready to be ripped and uploaded if you wish so.
@ thxjay Reur link on behalf of "Onzichtbaredj". I'd like to report it in the October link list and credit the originator for it but wonder what to indicate as album or piece of music name as well as artist's name. I tried to check on IMDb with something like "Nummer 19" or "nr. 19 Sie nehmen die Machine nach" but couldn't find anything. Thanks a lot for your cooperation
They don't make 'em like this any more. Take a gritty tough crime drama, and add a soundtrack that was first recorded some 20 years earlier as a ballet (danced by Ray Bolger in the original stage version, Eddie Albert in the film version, and later Gene Kelly). Waddaya get? Epic film noir...
@ enniomate - Something of a box office flop despite the presence of Sting, most probably because audiences couldn't decide if it was a horror film or a romance. Jarre went with the romance angle, and this is a lush score performed by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra...
i have downloaded the jazz cd and what a cd with some cracking tracks well worth the wait.you have the best man on the job regarding the artwork,design and layout. a big thanks to ennioman aka clint's archive for his great work. look forward to the next project. the score.
@ thxjay I appreciate what you're saying. What I was trying to say is that if you have a contact with Onzichtbaredj, maybe you could ask him to let you know more details about his "post". But if you can't, don't worry; Thanks for your help anyway.
Sorry if my post sounded "off", it wasn't supposed to:)
I've left him a message on my blog that you need info from him so if he replies, I'll let you know. (I also suggested he create an account) be easier for everyone.
He seems to hang around Xtabay's, maybe you can grab him there:)
Featured players Maynard Ferguson Stu Williamson Bob Enevoldson
No details on the back of this Lp. Titles like "Valve in Head", "Cool Fool" caught my attention. @ mel, the last track, "Theme" sounds like Oscar Peterson at the piano. Whoever this is, he's that good.
753 comments:
1 – 200 of 753 Newer› Newest»Welcome to October at Franklynot.
If it gets cold outside, just come in and we'll throw a log or two into the fireplace,hand you a hot cup of coco, and play some great music.
As always, enjoy the warmth of this little spot in cyberspace.
isbum
Half a dozen sounds good to me!
Hello y'all,
here are some of my current requests (if they exist):
-IDIOCRACY (Theodore Shapiro)
-J.A.G. promo (Steve Bramson)
-A MIDNIGHT CLEAR (Mark Isham)
-KYLE XY promo (Michael Suby)
-3 MUSKETEERS complete (M. Kamen)
-ROBIN HOOD complete (M. Kamen)
Thanks.
Hello and Merry October to all. Can I kick off with two virtually impossible requests (as far as I know). The theme by Piero Piccioni to Francesco Rosi's "Three Brothers" (Tre Fratelli, and the theme to the short lived 1972 Ivan Tors series "Primus" music (I think) by Leonard Rosenman. A little niche, but if anyone can, you can!
Wow, happy 6 months birthady! :)
My requests are still the same:
Willow [Complete Score] (2-CD) (James Horner)
Beetlejuice [2-CD edition] (Danny Elfman)
and any Harry Potter expanded complete score (with or without sfx)
@ BG
I have a "HP & the sorcerer's stone 2 CD-set", with 21 and 15 tracks and Azkaban 2cd with sfx, at 40 & 26 tracks...
If anyone could help me with the following, that would be great.
Mad, Mod & Macabre - The Ronald Stein Collection
The Krays - Mark Isham
Four British Film Scores
Klute
tomandandy Right at Your Door (2006) (The Psychedelic Electronic Gamelan Orchestra)
Atlantis, The Lost Continent / The Power Miklos Rozsa
Caboblanco Soundtrack Jerry Goldsmith
Comancheros Elmer Bernstein
Creature From the Black Lagoon (and Tarzan)
Destination Moon Soundtrack Heinz Sandauer
Invasion Of The Saucer-Men / It Conquered The World Ronald Stein
Logans Run TV Soundtrack Bruce Broughton, Laurence Rosenthal
Lost World / 5 Weeks In A Balloon Soundtrack John Barry
Mighty Joe Young/20 Million Miles to Earth/The Animal World
Murder and Mayhem Soundtrack (The Lodger / The Beast with Five Fingers / The Uninvited)
Q - THE WINGED SERPENT Robert O. Ragland
MAN WHO HAUNTED HIMSELF/92 IN THE SHADE Michael J. Lewis
DIAMOND HEAD / GONE WITH THE WAVE John Williams, Lalo Schifrin
GREEN BERETS (FSM) Miklos Rozsa
THE WRATH OF GOD Lalo Schifrin
HELLSTROM CHRONICLE Lalo Schifrin
OSTERMAN WEEKEND Lalo Schifrin
@ Janus
Just a refresher message as we have turned a new page, wondered if thee was anychance you could split that last reprise collection post, as it is too massive to download, would really appreciate it pal.
Many thanks
@ Isbum Happy Birthday!
Ennioman
Michael Small - KLUTE
18 Tracks, 39:20 mins,
unfortunately only @ 128
http://rapidshare.com/files/59496221/Klute.rar
S's Wrath of God & OsterWeekend are currently in the "making".
I'll rip "The Winged Serpent" tonight!
Lalo Schifrin - The Osterman Weekend
16 Tracks, 45 mins @ 256
http://rapidshare.com/files/59501644/OstWeek.rar
Coming up next: Wrath O'God, Hellstrom Chronicles and Q...
Lalo Schifrin - The Hellstrom Chronicle, 10 tracks @ 256
http://rapidshare.com/files/59517656/Hellstrom.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/59517933/Chronicles.rar
some weeks ago I told you about my project of a "Jerry Goldsmith Song Book" - Now i'm finisheh with 39 songs Goldsmith composed for his soundtracks
243 mb - in 320kbps
http://anonymous.scyther-bladez.com/?http://www.filefactory.com/file/eb2369/
enjoy
tracklisting of the Goldsmith Song Book:
01 1962 - DR KILDARE - Three Stars Will Shine Tonight (Richard Chamberlain) (02:40)
02 1963 - LILES OF THE FIELD - Amen (Jester Hairston) (02:16)
03 1964 - FATE IS THE HUNTER - Fate is the Hunter (Jerry Write & Chorus) (02:06)
04 1964 - RIO CONCHOS - Rio Conchos (Johnny Douglas) (02:38)
05 1966 - STAGECOACH - I Will Follow (Bill Brown Singers) (02:56)
06 1966 - THE TROUBLE WITH ANGELS - The Trouble with Angels (The Devils) (01:57)
07 1967 - IN LIKE FLINT - Your Zowie Face (Uncredited) (02:30)
08 1967 - THE FLIM FLAM MAN - Hands Off The Man (Barbara Streisand) (02:33)
09 1968 - SEBASTIAN - Comes the Night (Jimmy A. Hassell) (02:38)
10 1970 - THE BALLAD OF CABLE HOGUE - Tomorrow is the Song I Sing (Richard Gillis) (03:13)
11 1971 - THE GOING UP OF DAVID LEV - Song 1 (Uncredited) (03:01)
12 1971 - THE GOING UP OF DAVID LEV - Song 2 (Uncredited) (03:19)
13 1971 - THE LAST RUN - The Last Run (Steve Lawrence) (02:11)
14 1971 - WILD ROVERS - The Wild Rover (Ellen Smith) (02:38)
15 1971 - WILD ROVERS - Texas Rangers (Ellen Smith) (03:55)
16 1971 - WILD ROVERS - The Wild Rover Unused (Sheb Wooley) (03:36)
17 1971 - WILD ROVERS - Ballad of the Wild Rovers (William Holden) (01:53)
18 1973 - PAPILLON - Toi Qui Regarde La Mer (Nicoletta) (03:14)
19 1973 - THE DON IS DEAD - Our Last Night TV-Cut Excerpt (Uncredited) (01:00)
20 1975 - BABE - When You've Gone Away (Uncredited) (04:52)
21 1976 - THE OMEN - The Piper Dreams (Carol Heather) (02:40)
22 1978 - CAPOBLANCO - Heaven Knows (Carol Goldsmith) (03:31)
23 1978 - COMA - Sundy's Moon (Uncredited) (02:33)
24 1978 - THE BOYS FROM BRAZIL - We're Home again (Elaine Page) (03:53)
25 1979 - STAR TREK - A Star Beyond Time (Shaun Cassidy) (02:30)
26 1982 - MRS BRISBY - Flying Dreams (Paul Williams) (03:25)
27 1982 - MRS BRISBY - Flying Dreams (Sally Stevens) (03:15)
28 1982 - POLTERGEIST - Bless this House (Chorus) (04:01)
29 1982 - RAMBO I - It's a long Road (Dan Hill) (03:21)
30 1983 - TWILIGHT ZONE THE MOVIE - Nights are Forever (Jennifer Warnes) (03:48)
31 1984 - THE LONEY GUY - Love comes without Warning (America) (03:32)
32 1985 - LEGEND - Song Medley (Uncredited) (04:39)
33 1985 - RAMBO II - Peace in Our Life (Frank Stallone) (03:19)
34 1989 - STAR TREK V - The Moon's A Window to Heaven (Hiroshima) (04:00)
35 1990 - RUSSIA HOUSE - Alone in the World (Patti Austin) (04:12)
36 1994 - THE RIVER WILD - The Water is Wide (Cowboy Junkies) (03:11)
37 1995 - CONGO - Spirit of Africa (Lebo M) (02:40)
38 1995 - POWDER - No One Like You (Sarah Brightman) (04:46)
39 2002 - SUM OF ALL FEARS - If I could Remember (Yolanda Adams) (03:34)
Espion, Lève-Toi
by Ennio Morricone
http://rapidshare.com/files/59523251/Espion_Leve-toi.zip
16 tracks
36 minutes
192 kbits/sec
50 MB
Enjoy!
@ Parzival, thanks, but it's the HP boots i've already got (it seems these two are the only ones uploaded on the web).. Unless you've got the Azkaban in higher than 128 kb, no need to upload for me...
Been a great 6 months
thanks for all the great music people
found this lurking on my External HD
Fools (1970)
shorty nelson
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YRSDCEYC
request
Monte walsh by john Barry
the appointment
john barry
I have some difficult requests, but if anyone could help me out that would be great!
West Wing (Promo Score) - WG Snuffy Walden
Pride and Prejudice (A&E) - Carl Davis
Catch and Release (Score) - BT
Notting Hill (Promo Score) - Trevor Jones
@parzival:
Thanks for the Schifrin
@scorefun:
Looking forward to the Goldsmith Song Book...what a monumental project!
@isbum
Congrats on 6 months of perfect hospitality.
PS: John Barry for Janet is a gem.
@ quinlan (and others)
Further to your comment of a couple of days ago, I too was very upset to find that one of my favorite blogs has disappeared – green eyed lady. She had posted some tremendous stuff in the jazz and vocal line and I'm going to miss her blog a lot. She explained that she deleted her blog after being harrassed by some crazy lunatic. Bad news.
@ mel - We can relate to the green eyed lady's experience.
It's very sad.
@ thxjay and ennioman - Drop me an email guy's
zippyljs@yahoo.com
I'd like to have a chat with you about an upcoming project.
This is an absolutely phenomenal blog. I don't know how I can join you or how I even can post any music here... I feel kind of guilty to be always receiving, yet I believe that I could make a contribution, too. As this message makes it clear I don't know how to do this. Would any of you be kind & patient enough to send me an e-mail with perhaps some ideas or how to's?
Thanks to all of you great folks here... :-)
@isbum,
E-mailed you buddy.
Damn shame about Green Eyed Lady, what kind of deranged vermin would harass a lady blogger, tut, tut.
Man I'm falling behind on my downloading with all the time I'm spending "uploading" on my blog......ahhh, as I write mr Al Caiola just started playing Charade, man I LOVE that track, dig it!
@ Ruggo
So glad you enjoyed John barry's music for Janet. Thanks for your kind words.
@ Mr T
If your Barry requests are not filled before I will try and do these tomorrow.
@ Isbum
Just emailed you.
Ennioman
I'm just uploading The "Harry In Your Pocket" bootleg to my blog. I think it came from someone here, so if anyone lays claim to it and doesn't want me to share it, tell me.
I've just finished a custom cover for it as it didn't have one (obviously being a bootleg)
Oh, isbum, I'm no graphic designer you know, it's only a hobby :)
Jay
@ parzival - Sorry my friend, we don't post limited edition or in print items from the smaller lables.
Anyone here can request these as a private share.
Our blog Directory has been established for this purpose.
I have absolutely no problem with anyone requesting these items or even telling everyone here that you have something new to share.
I just don't want the links published openly on the blog.
Your understanding of this is very much appreciated.
REQUEST
-for more 70s japanese soundtracks...hint hint *ahem* h20 *ahem* mr. T *ahem* isbum....lol thanks!!
@ Isbum
Yes, I understand the rules, but which one(s) did I mess up?
The Pranks album was a sold out limited edition I thought...?
The others were OOP I believed.
Sorry bout that.
Ok, these never officially existed, so those should be fine.:
Michael J. Lewis - The Man Who Haunted Himself@192
http://rapidshare.com/files/59611417/MJL_-_Man_Who_Haunted_Himself.rar
Michael J. Lewis - 92 In The Shade@192
http://rapidshare.com/files/59617120/MJL_-_92_In_The_Shade.rar
@ MC
Can I get invited to your blog?
I could serve you with Logan's Run & Green Berets and Caboblanco as well.
"Q" is up at my blog.
@ Isbum
I am truly sorry, I already tried to be very careful with the VS albums, please feel free to erase whatever causes offense.
any help with this..
James And The Giant Peach : Randy Newman
1. My Name is James
2. That's the Life
3. Eating the Peach
4. Family
5. Main Title
6. Clouds
7. Spiker, Sponge and a Rhino
8. Magic Man
9. Giant Peach
10. Into the Peach
11. James Makes Some Friends
12. The Peach Rolls
13. All at Sea/That's the Life
14. 100 Seagulls and One Shark
15. Lullaby
16. James' Dream
17. Way Off Course
18. The Rhino Attacks
19. Empire State Building
20. New York City
21. Spiker and Sponge Come to America
22. A Place Where Dreams Come True
23. Good News
@ isbum
I am ready with the September link list (684 new links).
So please remove the previous list and I'll post the new one (it won't be before tomorrow evening since I plan to be away from home during the day).
does the new list still contain the past months?
@The Master Cylinder
I can upload "The Green Berets" and "Atlantis the Lost Continent / The Power".
Should I? are either of these items that that should only be shared privately? I know I put "Atlantis/Power" up last naughty weekend... But I don't keep up with current events...
I'd like to have some of the stuff requested too. Particularly the Ronald Stein "Saucer Men"... Heck I forgot that was out. I better go see if I can find a copy to buy.
@ swapna - I've got this listed as a bootleg, not a promo, but either way it is clear of dialogue and sound effects as I recall...
Trevor Jones "Notting Hill" (1999), bootleg @192:
http://rapidshare.com/files/59657064/TJ-NottingHill.zip
@ isbum - Can't believe we rolled over into a new month, I was busy and missed the changeover there. Do we have an October theme?
@ Quinlan:
Concerning my post last month: "You Are What You Eat" is the 1968 OST that consists of mainly grunge/psychedelic rock tracks. Contains following tracks:
Teenage Fair (Helmet commercial)
Moments of soft persuasion
Silly girl
Desert moog music
Be my baby
The family dog
The nude dance
My name is Jack
I got you babe
You are what you eat
Beach music
The wabe
Don't remind me now of time
Painting for freakout
Freakout
@ Paul
If you let me know your email address, I can send you some 70s Japanese privatly.
Please add it to The Private Share Directory.
The Paste is not exhausted. Here's a psychedelic spy action.
Luis Bacalov - Rebus (1969)
http://rapidshare.com/files/59672508/LB-R.rar
Featuring 2 vocal tracks by starring Ann-Margret.
Incidentally, her 4CD Box Set is uploaded now at the blog jensenbrazil.
Thanks to all, this month too.
Japnaese soundtrax
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NFWD3EQY g men
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R3QF4CNR lone wolf and cub
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SC7SZH2O shoguns shadow
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PPN63ZYG sister streetfighter
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FBT7RL60 M Sato various
@Paul
The first four were already posted here in May/june but maybe you missed em,
the last one I just upped, if any one knows what cd its off I would love to know I ripped
it from an audio cassette I did not make seperate trax it's a continuous, a mate of mune did for me years back it was
just marked Sato, its great music real good Chanbara stuff, not only did Kurosawa infulence
the Italian westerns but Sato too, imo
Rquests
4 muskateers
The eagle has landed
both Lalo Schiffrin
cheers
@ mr.T
Thank you for the Sato. His music reminds me of "a beautiful country, Japan".
Upped G'men is really great, but that has only 6 tracks. If you have full, colud you post it?
Really cool, dissonant horror score:
Robert O. Ragland - Q - The Winged Serpent
22 Tracks @ 256
http://rapidshare.com/files/59617096/Q_-_The_Winged_Serpent.rar
@ Mr T
I'm just uploading your 2 Barry requests, but I think these are both very much in print F*M releases, are you able to provide an email address, maybe in the private share section of this site?
The last thing I want to do is cause any damage to this site.
Thanks
Ennioman
@H2o sorry pal that cd came with the G men dvd box set thats all I have at the momnet
if I get the next box set maybe tere will be a new cd in there.
I have some Jap 60's cop tv stuff back in UK wil upload when next there
@Clint
I put my email in the P shares
@ Mr T
Thank you Bud, I'm sure Isbum will appreciate that.
Ennioman
@ Mr T
Check your mail when ready mate.
Ennioman
Does anyone have the soundtrack for Moscow On The Hudson?
A couple of requests if you don't mind folks.
Anyone have any decent scans of the covers for the F*M, U.N.C.L.E & I Spy releases?
And a 70's LP, by John Gregory (aka Chaquito) entitled "Spies & Dolls"?
Woth a try, Thanks all
Hi everyone, looking for
John Barry "The Whisperers"
Hugo Friedhofer "Never So Few"
The latter after seeing the movie yesterday on TCM - great score!
@ Ennioman
The Frank probably won't work as a free download 'cause it's over 500mb, I was surprised it let me up it as I don't have a premium account with Mega either, so, I'm upping the CD's in two chunks, might take me a bit, look out for them later this afternoon! JP
@ the private sharers of Barry and 70's Japanese stuff! Please oh please include me in that! My email addy is in the directory! JP
I'm looking for the following score:
Gary Chang : The storm of the century
(3 cds).
@ Janus
God bless you my friend!
@ the private sharers of Barry
consider it done.
Ennioman
@ alexander said -
Thank you very much for the KAFKA soundtrack by CLIFF MARTINEZ, di(aphanous. It made my weekend.
I have some ALEXANDRE DESPLAT for everyone, inlcuding his latest score for the new Ang Lee film, "Lust, Caution."
Again, much thanks to you di(aphanous for the KAFKA score.
I am still looking for:
1. GABRIELLE by FABIO VACCHI (Sony BMG 82876730902)
2. ATONEMENT by DARIO MARIANELLI
October 2, 2007 7:10 AM
@ john hartigan and the Soundtrack Collectors Members Only Club crew.
How about inviting our new friend
alexander to join your private blog?
@ alexander - Sorry to remove some of your posts. If you wish to share these privately you can leave an email address in our Directory.
Thanks for the Barry's clint
here's a Sato Bonus track
The Water Margin 1976 ish:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ITELPQVQ
wish teyd release all the musc from this show , it's the best TV music ever
Quiz Show (1994 Film)
Mark Isham
anyone has this one..?
@ ennioman - Are you going to get
"The Whisperers" for Steve, or would you like me ta do it?
A Robert Altman musical way before he did "Popeye".
"A Perfect Couple" 1978 Lp @320
by Keepin''Em Off the Streets
http://rapidshare.com/files/59699722/KEOTS_APerfectCouple.zip
Some lead vocals by Ted Neeley of Jesus Christ Superstar fame.
I was surprised by the quality of these songs after reading that this was a group Altman assembled only for the purpose of this film.
Enjoy!
@isbum
Rbt. Altman had a real knack for musical film work. His NASHVILLE is one of the all time great American movies. And all of the songs were written and performed by the actors themselves, many of whom had no professional musical experience to speak of.
Anybody have a copy of NASHVILLE to share?
Hi all, just got a few minutes to spare before going out to see "The Brave One" and thought I'd just let the group know a bit about me. I'm 46, live in London, and got into film music in December '72 when I opted to get Barry's "The Persuaders!" LP for my birthday present. Good start huh? My taste expanded in a pretty conventional manner after that...Barry to Morricone, then the United Artist compilation LP's (and their imprint - Sunset - budget reissues, through all the 60's composers. By this time Williams hit it big with Jaws/ CE3K / Star Wars, then gradually over the years I've delved further back into the Golden Age. Hell I even listen to contemporary composers once in a while! Anyway, I love this friendly blog. I do have stuff to share but when I tried to upload (via Rapidshare) I could only seem to do so 1 track at a time - if anyone has the time to "Janet and John" me through how to upload entire albums it could be quite rewarding for the whole group. Cheers for now.
Yeah I'll rip the CD now,
Ennioman
Hello people
I want to read the blog "La leyenda de los soundtracks" but now it´s only for invited people.
My mail to be invited it´s this:
bsin222@hotmail.com
I think that the owner of that blog, writes commentaries here. I hope that he says me something.
Thanks
@ Scoredaddy
Trying to send you a scan, mail keeps getting returned...
Think you may have a full mailbox?
Ennioman
@ h20,
you can find me on there, but here u go: tripmastermonkee@yahoo.com. thanks!!!!
@ steve - Nice introduction.
Welcome to our home!
It seem you took the dive into film soundtracks at about the same time as I did.
Because we seem to be getting quite a few new friends dropping in who have never ripped, zipped or rared their music, I'll open a thread for you old timers to pass along your knowledge and tips for easy rips to them.
Feel free to use this for conversations on bit rates and types of files or whatever tech information you would like to pass along.
@ Steve
I have that Persuaders LP, just had to get it for the cover!
BTW, whereabouts in London are you?
Ennioman
PS The Whisperers is on its way up the tube..
@ ennioman - Thanks for saying that out loud. ;)
Love The Whisperers.
The Whisperers John Barry
http://rapidshare.com/files/59828412/Whisperers.zip.html
Ennioman
Whoever had the Desplat "Lust, Caution" I am interested. My e-mail is on the private share directory -- Prospero
PS - to the gentleman above who inquired about the Le Leyenda blog: e-mail the moderate there and he should get back to you.
I'll see if I can upload Quiz Show. Great soundtrack.
I'd be interested in a private share of Desplat's "Lust, Caution", too.
Thanks.
Reprise Discs 16-17
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X5OOMZ6S
Hi friends. and congratulations isbum on your six months, they've been just wonderful!
Sorry for the delay in posts, I've been overwhelmed with aging parents and a sick pet, that my nerves are about shot.
Hopefully I'll get a chance to post something by the weeks end. :)
@ JP
Thanks for Discs 16 & 17 bud, d/l without a problem!
Looks like another Frankie day!
Ennioman
@ isbum - Last month you asked about some Ralph Carmichael. Well, I can't turn up anything on the one you wanted, except a footnote to say that the only prints surviving are 16mm for screening in churches. It seems that the music has never been released. But I did turn up this rather intriguing number, Ralph meets the Moog...
Ralph Carmichael "The Electric Symphony" (1970), LP @320:
http://rapidshare.com/files/59843342/RC-TheElectricSymphony.zip
Hi there,
I see that the other incredible soundtrack resource "La Leyenda del Soundtracks" is now only for invited people - does anyone have an email adress to get in contact with this blogger ?
Dear Isbum, your blog is incredible - especially your monthly lists ! Greetings from Germany, Roland
As requested here is Nashville (1975), featuring the Oscar winning song "I'm Easy" by Keith Carradine:
http://www.mediafire.com/?epjpti11zjm
@ heldroland - To register at La Leyenda, simply click the "New Member" option under where you enter your name & password, fill out the details and submit.
Lovely, thanks for "The Whisperers", much appreciated. Finchley, to answer that one, and "The Brave One" is extremely good btw, if only Death Wish for the 21st Century, with a touch more angst.
@ Steve
Ha, Born in Enfield..
Ennioman
Hot off the turntable.
"I'm Gon' Git Myself Together"
1975 Lp @320
by Jimmy Smith
produced, orchestrated & arranged
by Johnny Pate
http://rapidshare.com/files/59838265/JS_GitMyselfTogether.zip
EnJoY!
@ mr t - One of your Schifrin requests, can't seem to find my copy of the other at the moment...
Lalo Schifrin "The Eagle Has Landed" (1976), @192:
http://rapidshare.com/files/59858806/LS-TheEagleHasLanded.zip
@ voncheech
Yes the new link list always contains the previous months links.
What I am doing is adding a new sheet every month, so that you can delete the previous month(s) files and have only one file with all months in it on a permanent basis.
@ quinlan - It's unbelievable!!
threethousandeighthundredandsixtyeight
links and counting!
Wonderful of you Quinlan!
Wow! We all need bigger hardrives now ! :)
@heldroland
La Leyenda del Soundtracks
is the old version of
La Leyenda De Los Compositores
(http://laleyendadeost.activeboard.com/)
it is now obsolete. everything has been ported over.
@alex
are you asking the same thing or did you mean the new site..?
ah, i see. you meant the blog, not the forum.
http://los-soundtracks.blogspot.com/
not sure what is happening. i will ask the webmaster.
I’ve mentioned before that I love choral music (in fact I’m singing tonight). Therefore, when you put choral works into a soundtrack, I’ll be the first one in line. Here’s a new one from Prague via my favorite Russian website: AvaxHome.ru. Also have re-upped previous Cinema Choral Classics postings for those who didn’t get them first time around. Turn up the sound and hold on for dear life. This is spectacular stuff.
APOCALYPSE CINEMA CHORAL CLASSICS
Crouch End Festival Chorus, Prague
http://rs33l32.rapidshare.com/files/59874403/Apocalypse_-_Cinema_Choral_Classics.part1.rar
http://rs155l33.rapidshare.com/files/59878906/Apocalypse_-_Cinema_Choral_Classics.part2.rar
01 - James Horner - GLORY - Charging Fort Wagner
02 - John Williams - SAVING PRIVATE RYAN - Hymn to the Fallen
03 - Paul Anka - THE LONGEST DAY - The Longest Day
04 - Patrick Cassidy - HANNIBAL - Vide Cor Meum
05 - William Walton - HENRY V - Overture/Agincourt Song
06 - Wojciech Kilar - THE NINTH GATE - Vocalise
07 - Wojciech Kilar - Bram Stoker's DRACULA
08 - John Barry - THE LION IN WINTER - Allons Gai, Gai, Gai
09 - John Barry - THE LION IN WINTER - Eya, Eya, Nova Gaudia
10 - John Williams - AMISTAD - Dry Your Tears Afrika
11 - Toto - DUNE
12 - Traditional/John Barry - ZULU - March of the Men of Harlech
13 - Richard Wagner - APOCALYPSE NOW - Ride of the Valkyries
14 - John Barry - THE LAST VALLEY
15 - Bruce Broughton - YOUNG SHERLOCK HOLMES - Waxing Elizabeth
16 - Jack Nitzsche - STARMAN
17 - John Williams - STAR WARS - THE PHANTOM MENACE - Duel of the Fates
18 - Maurice Jarre - SUNSHINE - The Sonnenscheins
CINEMA CHORAL CLASSICS VOL. 1 & 2
http://rs98tg.rapidshare.com/files/35500547/Cinema_Choral_Classics_I.part1.rar
http://rs137tg.rapidshare.com/files/35503106/Cinema_Choral_Classics_I.part2.rar
http://rs86tg.rapidshare.com/files/35505319/Cinema_Choral_Classics_II.part1.rar
http://rs51l33.rapidshare.com/files/35511169/Cinema_Choral_Classics_II.part2.rar
@ janus2810,
Your 18-20 link is a repeat of the 16-17 link.
Found this on p2pland, thought you cats might dig. Judging by the cover, put together by a group at www.soulful.it, this is a pretty
classy funkfest of cop show themes and score tracks. For a peek at the back cover click there, for the download do it below...
Various Artists "The Streets Of San Francisco", @160:
http://rapidshare.com/files/59870205/VA-StreetsOfSanFrancisco.zip
@ quinlan - Thanks HEAPS for the ongoing link list, I am continually amazed at what I miss every month. A fabulous resource! Which reminds me to thank isbum for "You Light Up My Life" soundtrack, stuff knows how I missed that one back in August.
I'm looking for the following scores :
Jerry Goldsmith : S*P*Y*S
Rambo II expanded
Gremins II the new blatch complete score.
Thanks.
@ Isbum,
I guess I've really missed the cut for the Jazz project now, since the thread has been pulled.
I finally just got hold of the track I wanted today, so please either include or don't include; it's up to you. I won't be offended.
3410
Duke Ellington Orchestra
"Such Sweet Thunder" (1957)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O418ISNL
-
@ 3410 - :(
It's been finalized. Ennoiman is hard at work putting the finishing touches on the covers.
It came in just about 2 minuets over the 80 allowed for a CD-r.
I ended up having to edit one track, something I truely didn't want to do, so I'll add the loss of your selection to my regret's list.
I must hear it though! :)
So sorry man.
No Probs.
I might just post the album by itself sometime in the future. Glad you guys are onto it and very much looking forward to a great collection.
A quick note on that track while I'm listening to it:
I've always had the '57 LP, and just got the .ape today. (Set is based on the works of Wille the Shake, but I forget how, exactly.)
The record (a US import) is one of the fattest I've ever heard. The digi version doesn't really live up to it, but I boosted the bass quiiite a bit - but still not quite enough - to give a reasonable idea.
@The Master Cylinder:
Logan's Run TV soundtrack is on my blog.
http://maimonedigital.blogspot.com/
I don't know if this version has been posted already. If so, I totally missed it.
"The Man With the Golden Arm" '55
with Bonus Tracks rec. 1957 Cd @320
by Elmer Bernstein
Original Version
http://rapidshare.com/files/59905810/EB_ManGoldenArm_pt1.zip
Bonus Tracks
http://rapidshare.com/files/59914770/EB_ManGoldenArm_pt2.zip
* Andre Previn appears with Shelly Manne and Bud Shank on the bonus tracks.
See Frank, we weren't finished with you yet!
ENJOY!
@Voncheech and other interested parties-
In reference to La Leyenda, both the board (the new one) and the blog are doing hinky things. The board holds your membership for over a week and then deletes it without letting you in, even if you had been on previously. I had access and was going in regularly; then suddenly my membership was being reviewed and then it was deleted. The blog started being by invite only as of this past Sunday. Any info that anyone has would be appreciated; these are great resources and it would be disappointing to see them go.
@Paul-
I believe that my Nausicaa link is still working; I know it's not 70's, but it's beautiful regardless. It should be under the July links. If it dies before you can download, let me know and I'll see about reupping it.
Listening Visions
We're only 3 days into the month and you cat's have really laid down some fun tunes. H20 - Loved the Bacalov
filmpac - The "Streets of SF" comp. is excellent!
Here's something I ran across today that I wholly expected to be a synthy cheesy score.
I was off by a country mile. Like Russia. This fully symphonic thriller score has a Hitchcockian film to go with it.
"Mute Witness" 1995 Cd @320
by Wilbert Hirsch
http://rapidshare.com/files/59924931/WH_MuteWitness.zip
EnJoy:)
@ 3410
Thanks for the heads up on the Sinatra post, saves me losing my M/U download limit!
I just dropped in ready to download the final parts.
Ennioman
@ Filmpac
Streets of San Francisco is a stunner, thanks for sharing!
Ennioman
Hi, I'm still looking for "Time To Get It Together" by Leonard Nimoy!
I'd also like to request Rustler's Rhapsody!
1. Lasso The Moon - Gary Morris
2. I Break Horses, Not Hearts - Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
3. I Ride Alone - John Anderson
4. Crumbling Stumbleweeds - Pinkard & Bowden
5. Lasso The Moon (Instrumental) - Charlie McCoy
6. Sidewinder's Symphony - Pam Tillis
7. Prairie Rose - Randy Travis
8. Bull Rider - Karen Brooks
9. I Break Horses, Not Hearts (Instrumental) - Charlie McCoy
10. Last Of The Silver Screen Cowboys - Rex Allen Jr. with Roy Rogers and Rex Allen Sr.
I used to have it on cassette, but don't anymore. Tracks 2, 4 & 6 are the ones I want the most!
Thanks!
Damnit! Sorry, I must have not copied it properly! I'll up it again!
@ thingmaker
You may want to consider sharing The Green Berets on the 'hush hush' and on the QT.. as this is still in print from F*M
Master Cylinder is listed in the Private shares list, and may save you from gettin your hands slapped ;-)
Best
Ennioman
Would really love to hear "Lust, Caution" by Alexander Desplat
soundtracklover@gmail.com
Thanks in advance!
Enjoy my Morricone posts!
@ isbum
Just as a reminder, I had posted at YDHTVTB (Nomwl1, we all miss you a lot!!!) my LP rip of "The Man With The Golden Arm".
The link is still valid here:
http://rapidshare.com/users/6M4ZLW
The Back cover indicates that the jazz orchestra solos were taken by Pete Candoli, trumpet; Shorty Rogers, fluegelhorn; Milt Bernhart, trombone; Bud Shank, alto sax; Bob Cooper, tenor sax; Ralph Pena, bass & Shelly Manne, drums. Only first class players.
Hopefully this is right this time, Reprise discs 18-20:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JCVKP4JT
@ thingmaker and others who love
Film Sc@re M@nthly releases.
To be upfront about this, I know the owner and he's a great guy. I don't want to be responsible for causing harm to his business.
Please check with a retail outlet for availability before posting music that you suspect may come from a smaller label.
I will appreciate your help and understanding on this matter.
@ Quinlan - I knew that someone had shared the score. Wonderful then, I hope you enjoy the additional tracks.
thanks to steve2000a....
James And The Giant Peach
http://hyperfileshare.com/d/faf8b598
Track Listing
1. My Name is James (2:39) Song
2. That's the Life (1:59) Song
3. Eating the Peach (2:54) Song
4. Family (2:44) Song
5. Main Title (0:37)
6. Clouds (1:40)
7. Spiker, Songe and a Rhino (3:25)
8. Magic Man (4:15)
9. Giant Peach (1:54)
10. Into the Peach (2:05)
11. James Makes Some Friends (1:08)
12. The Peach Rolls (2:37)
13. All At Sea - That's the Life (Reprise) (2:13)
14. 100 Seagulls and One Shark (1:58)
15. Lullaby (1:57)
16. James' Dream (1:03)
17. Way Off Course (1:48)
18. The Rhino Attacks (2:51)
19. Empire State Building (2:17)
20. New York City (2:53)
21. Spiker and Sponge Come to America (2:15)
22. A Place Where Dreams Come True (3:58)
23. Good News (4:20) (Sung by Randy Newman)
Total Time ~ 66:42
*from the webmaster of the La Leyenda de los Soundtracks blog....
New Rules for La Leyenda de los Soundtracks blog!
"Hello... I close to blog to everyone because, we were having some problems with a few members who took links from here and mine & used them for personal purposes in another blogs or forums without thanking to the original uploaders...or to blog.
Not everyone notice that this is a PRIVATE FORUM OF EXCHANGE.. For that reason, now we are choosing the people that can be member from this Forum...
I need your email for active your account to the blog!
Regards"
@listening
blog info above. forum is a private exchange forum now. email me. i will try and help you get unbanned.
all you need to do is share links.
@ mel, quinlan, jazzers.
Please tell me if the following Lp's are readily available at other blogs.
"A Study of Bud Shank" United Records
possibly released in 1978.
"Michelle" Bud Shank on World Pacific Records no release date on this Lp
"Keys To Your Mind" Mike Melvoin
on Liberty Records no release date
"New Vintage" Maynard Ferguson/Jay Chattaway 1977 Columbia
Thanks fellas.This way I can rip what you don't have.
Fat Man & Little Boy
by Ennio Morricone
No official release yet, anyway here's the end title theme suite
http://rapidshare.com/files/57218931/Fat_Man___Little_Boy.mp3
@320 kbits/sec
Enjoy!
It's a good thing this blog is more about people than music.
Otherwise, we'd have to go private too. ;)
@Filmpac
thanks for the eagle, landed it safely , any luck finding the 4 muskateers?
I would like to be added to Los Leyendas. My email is: jchaney@learengineering.com
Please help me get in contact with the head honcho in charge.
Thanks,
Jeremy
thanks to steve2000a again...
Quiz Show
by MARK ISHAM
http://hyperfileshare.com/d/b7093583
Track listing
1. Morirat (04:44) (Performed by Lyle Lovett)
2. The World's Smartest Man (05:22)
3. The Oversight Blues (10:39)
4. The Underdog (04:24)
5. Your Secret's Safe With Me (03:12)
6. Hunting In Your Underwear (03:52)
7. On The Shoulders Of Life (01:24)
8. Books and Learning (01:24)
9. A Chance Is What I'm Giving You (01:50)
10. The Committee Calls (02:14)
11. The Word Is Buffing (01:14)
12. Television On Trial (03:06)
13. Everything Has Its Price (04:18)
Total Duration: 00:47:43
Some of the recent John Barry requests got me scouring my collection. In 1963, Barry got a Grammy nomination for a TV documentary, with Elizabeth Taylor providing a personal tour through London. The special was so succesful the formula was repeated the following year with Sophia Loren. I have these tagged as LP rips, but if so they are very clear. For tracklist click here, you get both in one easy download...
John Barry "Elizabeth Taylor In London" (1963), @192:
John Barry "Sophia Loren In Rome" (1964), @192:
http://rapidshare.com/files/59911183/JB-LizAndSophia.zip
Yowzer, the Streets Of San Francisco is popular, must be the plug you boys gave it. Glad you enjoyed:))
@ filmpac - I don't know how much re-mastering was done on the tracks, but they sure as heck sound great!
@ All - The October Project is up and ready for your submissions on the main page. It's film music this time around.
@VonCheech
Thanks alot for the James And The Giant Peach
@all
Does any one have these title
Perri, Composed by: Paul Smith
Raintree County, Composed By: Johnny Green
Battle Cry, composed By: Max Steiner
Suspicion, Composed By: Franz Waxman
From Here to Eternity, Composed By: George Duning, Morris Stoloff
The Rainmaker, Composed By: Alex North
The Rose Tattoo, Composed By: Alex North
Shanks, Composed By: Alex North
Napoleon and Samantha, Composed By: Buddy Baker
Nicholas and Alexandra, Composed by: Richard Bennett
Fanny, Composed By: Morris Stoloff, Harry Sukman
Separate Tables, Composed by: David Raksin
Genevieve, Composed By: Muir Mathieson
This is Cinerama, Composed By: Louis Forbes
The Thief, Composed By: Hershel Gilbert
Thanks alot
@ Isbum
The full covers for the JAZZ PROJECT have been sent to your email my friend.
Hope we see the project posted soon. A very nice collection of music, enjoyed it very much. Thanks to you all.
Ennioman
A little ambivalent about this posting. First, there’s a new (2007) compilation by S*ny of tracks from the wonderful JOHN BARRY. Can never get enough Barry. After that is a two CD set of The Film Music of HANS ZIMMER. Not a big Zimmer fan, but am a huge proponent of anything by the CROUCH END FESTIVAL CHORUS (See prior postings of Cinema Choral Classics). So, I offer both: beauty and the beast.
THE VERY BEST OF JOHN BARRY
(Various Artists)
http://rs178tl.rapidshare.com/files/60048622/John_Barry_-_The_Very_Best_Of.part1.rar
http://rs181tg.rapidshare.com/files/60050218/John_Barry_-_The_Very_Best_Of.part2.rar
1. James Bond Theme - Barry, John Seven
2. Goldfinger - Bassey, Shirley
3. Midnight Cowboy
4. Out Of Africa (I Had A Farm In Africa)
5. John Dunbar Theme
6. You Only Live Twice - Sinatra, Nancy
7. On Her Majesty's Secret Service
8. Ipcress File
9. View To A Kill - Duran Duran
10. Girl With The Sun In Her Hair - Barry, John Orchestra
11. 007
12. Zulu - Barry, John & The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
13. Knack
14. Chaplin
15. Lion In Winter
16. Moviola
17. Persuaders
18. Seance On A Wet Afternoon
19. Born Free - Monro, Matt
20. Thunderball - Jones, Tom
21. Somewhere In Time - Williams, Roger
22. Beyondness Of Things - English Chamber Orchestra
23. We Have All The Time In The World - Armstrong, Louis
24. Diamonds Are Forever - Bassey, Shirley
THE FILM MUSIC OF HANS ZIMMER
The City of Prague Symphony Orchestra
Crouch End Festival Chorus
http://rs167gc.rapidshare.com/files/60058675/Film_Music_of_Hans_Zimmer_cd_1.zip
http://rs92l32.rapidshare.com/files/60065659/Film_Music_of_Hans_Zimmer_CD_02.zip
CD #1
01. Gladiator - Gladiator Suite
02. Gladiator - Now We Are Free (vocal)
03. The Thin Red Line - The Village
04. Thelma & Louise - Main Theme
05. The Da Vinci Code - Chevaliers De Sangreal
06. The Da Vinci Code - Kyrie For The Magdalene
07. Rain Man - Las Vegas
08. Rain Man - Main Theme
09. Days Of Thunder - Days Of Thunder
10. Pearl Harbor - Heart Of The Volunteer
11. The Last Samurai - The Last Samurai
CD #2
01. Crimson Tide - Roll Tide
02. Crimson Tide - Eternal Father, Strong To Slave
03. Green Card - Restless Elephants
04. Regarding Henry - Walking, Talking Man
05. Batman Begins - Eptesicus
06. Hannibal - Vide Cor Meum
07. True Romance - You're So Cool
08. Driving Miss Daisy - End Credits
09. The Rock - The Rock
10. Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest – The Kraken
11. Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl - Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl
12. Gladiator – Now We Are Free (Instrumental version)
@ mr t - Found it. I've got a sneaking suspicion this came from another blog, so thanks to the original blogger and/or ripper...
Lalo Schifrin "The Four Musketeers" (1974), @192:
http://rapidshare.com/files/60075730/LS-FourMusketeers.zip
@ JP
Thanks for all your efforts my friend!
Ennioman
@ isbum
Of the LPs you have listed the only one that I found (and downloaded) on another blog (don't remember which one) is "Michelle" by Bud Shank.
On the other hand I do have the Maynard Ferguson LP "New Vintage". If you need a hand to rip and upload, please say so.
@ scorefun - Finally got around to giving your Jerry Goldsmith Songbook a listen. I am just stunned!! This is a truly outstanding compilation, kudos to Mr Goldsmith for so many great songs (I had no idea) and to yourself for putting them all together. The songs from "Going Up Of David Lev" are almostly certainly performed by Topol, but I can't get much info on the singers of the other uncredited tracks. And where the heck did you get those David Lev songs from? Did you rip them from movie yourself? Any chance of a complete bootleg?
@ ennioman - Could I impose and ask if you could put together some covers for this, front and back. It would be awesome if you could!
@ Filmpac
Sure give me a day or so, can I ask where the link is for this, I collect everything Goldsmith, but I think I missed this one? :-(
REQUEST PLEASE
Had a Hammer file for ages that has been missing just 2 tracks, it's from
Gerard Schürmann's
The Lost Continent
The tracks I have missing are Tracks 11 & 12
The rest of the recording I have is in 192 b/r
Many thanks
Ennioman
As requested, here is:
This is Cinerama, Composed By: Louis Forbes
http://www.mediafire.com/?1k7xg2tymdj
I've posted a few things for THXjay at The Crime Lounge, a sensational new blog for all things spy related. Please pay it a visit if you have not already done so. Here's those links for you cool cats too...
Ventures "Play James Bond Music" (1975), LP @160:
http://rapidshare.com/files/58722459/Ventures-PlayBond.zip
Dan & Dale "Thunderball" (1965), LP @128:
http://rapidshare.com/files/58853484/DD-Thunderball.zip
Dan & Dale "Batman And Robin" (1966), @320:
http://rapidshare.com/files/59158223/DD-BatmanAndRobin.zip
Secret Agents "Mission Impossible And Other Action Themes" (1968), LP @320:
http://rapidshare.com/files/59169162/SA-MissionImpossible.zip
Skip Martin "Songs And Sounds Of The Untouchables" (circa 1960), LP @320:
http://rapidshare.com/files/60091212/SM-Untouchables.zip
@ ennioman - Up near the top of the page, October 1, 2007 7:44 AM, for the Jerry Goldsmith Songbook, posted by scorefun. It's a big download but hugely worth it. Thanks for the offer of covers mate, mucho appreciated:))
@Filmpac
Cheers mate
Ennioman
It's here!
Our First Jazz Project!
"Franklynot Presents Jazz Instrumentals"
Various Artists compiled by the friends of this blog.
Part 1
http://rapidshare.com/files/60087159/VA_JazzProject_pt1.zip
Part 2
http://rapidshare.com/files/60093493/VA_JazzProject_pt2.zip
Complete
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F6B88IBL
Thank you all for contributing to this fine compilation!
Special thanks to Ennioman for the excellent covers!
What else can be said?
You make this blog the best place to be! ENJOY!
@isbum & ennioman
Re: The Jazz Project
Oh...My...God!
What a great production. Can't wait to make copies for my friends and pass them out. Almost tempted to change my screen name just so it look's sexier on future album covers.
FANTASTIC!
Sorry.
Can't find my post to delete.
Oh. I see.
Right.
Sorry.
Just a word on the whole La Leyenda thing, if I may. I can't begin to count the number of posts of mine that have turned up on either of the La Leyenda sites under someone else's nick, yet I still got removed from the list of users at the forum site. Voncheech very kindly got that rectified for me. Likewise it seems strange to me that I am excluded from The Master Cylinder (aka Industrial Cocktail) when so many of my posts have turned up there as well.
From what I have seen in the past, the La Leyenda blog has been something of a mirror site of the forum, and as such has probably proved a good resource for those who feel a bit funny about registering at forums etc.
This trend of blog sites going private seems to be an increasing one. I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing, but it seems a shame nonetheless. What is far worse is for someone like Green Eyed Lady just to chuck in the towel, and close the blog permanently, never to be seen again.
Personally, I think we have the right mix here of being more or less open to all, with the exception that anonymous posters can't comment. The reasons for that are obvious to some of us. Long may we continue in the same vein.
Looking forward to the finished Jazz Project, here's cheers to all!
@ thingmaker - Don't be sorry, I did it ..but no harm to you was intended, I assure you.
@ filmpac - I agree with you. As I recently said to tony about people who take music and don't acknowledge the original uploader or even that it came from another blog. "The thanks they get must feel as empty as a pumpkin in October."
I have a suggestion for the readers of this blog who wish to request music anonymously, bookmark and post where the following link takes you. I will check it daily to see if I can help with any of your requests.
Hopefully, some other posters here will do the same.
https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=28364231&postID=114903249382060324
It will take you to the first open comments post at nomwl1's You Don't Have To Visit This Blog.
Perhaps we can bring some joy back to our original home. Heck, we might even get nomwl1 to update his great blog!
If their's an easier way to link the anonymous poster's to that space, let me know.
@ isbum
Like quinlan, the only one I've seen around is the Bud Shank. I didn't download it, though.
There is an enormous amount of Maynard Ferguson stuff available around the blogs so I wouldn't bother with that one either.
@ mel - Thanks. I'll rip the Melvoin and Study of Bud tomorrow.
@ quinlan - My curiosity with Ferguson's "New Vintage" is mostly due to film composer Jay Chattaway's involvement as arranger and sometime writer.
Perhaps you or mel wouldn't mind leading me to a blog where I might find these.
@JoshR
Thanks alot sir for the This is Cinerama
He Isbum,
I must admit to not really taking much notice of the Jazz Project, just seemed to pass me by while I was busy messing with my new blog.
But having just downloaded it and seen what you're up to, count me in! I'm sold.
Nice cover clint (sorry ennioman) always see you as a Clint, shows how influential those pics are, I actually think isbum looks like David Hemmings :)
Looking forward to the Travel comp, I've actualy just spent about two hours searching for something relevant for it, but everything I was thinking of seems to be a bloody library/testcard track :(
How about doing a "sounds like a score" compilation later on using library production music etc?
Jay
That is one swinging version of summertime:)
@ Jay
Clint or Ennioman either way I'm not fussed, and thanks for your kind comments.
Ennioman (or Clint)
@ ennioman
Sorry, i just saw your msg. No, my mailbox is not full. I am receiving msgs every day. Maybe your attchment is too many bytes?
@ all
See post of Tony Banks score for The Wicked Lady from great rock blog SilverRain:
http://silveraintr.blogspot.com/2007/10/tony-banks-wicked-lady-1983.html
Check this: (a continuation of all my Emanuelle posts)
I stumbled upon a bunch of erotica/sexploitation soundtracks over at this site:
different waters
http://differentwaters.blogspot.com/2007/07/you-knew-this-was-inevitable.html
Anyway, in the list is a disco/funk soundtrack to some japanese 70's porno called "Tokyo Emmanuelle Fujin" (1975).
Also I have a couple requests:
Naakt Over de Schutting - Ruud Bos (1973)
OST to a film from the Netherlands with a blaxploitation sound to it. The closest I can compare it to is Le Planete Sauvage. I sometimes see it for sale on ebay but its price always reaches the $100+ range.
&
Soul Impressions - Janko Nilovic (1975)
Library music. I'm a sucker for cover art and was interested in this after seeing the LP & CD cover.
hi isbum.
any news on the jazz soundtrack yet ?
regards the score.
@ isbum
Blog Six By Six
http://six-by-six.blogspot.com/ has around 50 Maynard Ferguson albums.
He doesn't seem to have posted "New Vintage", however.
Thanks, JP.
@DocDirty
thanks for the headzup, just what the Dr ordered Jap sleeze, great stuff.
@Filmpac once agine Max Respect fo the help wih them Lalos
@ all
In regard to the sad demise of Green Eyed Lady, did any of you see the following message on Singin' & Swingin', which seems to indicate the end was less sinister than originally believed?
Hi there.
Last saturday I deleted my blog by
accident(www.greeneyedladymusic.blogspot.com). I'm going nuts here
trying to talk to you guys.
Is there a chance for me to get it restored? I saw it by cached that
it's still there.
Please, tell me if there's a way to revert this situation.
I thank you in advance.
Andrea.
@ isbum
Thanks very much for losting the Lalo Schifrin. Very pleasant stuff.
@ the score - Our First Jazz Project "Franklynot Presents Jazz Instrumentals" is posted
Oct.3 at 5:04 PM
@ mel - Thanks for the tip.
@ mel, scoredaddy and all other friends who had some interest in "Green Eyed Lady" blog.
I was just going to transfer the information when I noticed that scoredaddy did it a little while ago.
If you go there:
http://groups.google.com/group/blogger-help-troubleshoot/browse_thread/thread/a68233c6b9dbddb3/4b87eaff859c8211?hl=de&lnk=st&q=greeneyedlady&rnum=1
You'll see the original message from GEL, provided it's really from her.
Maybe one of us could try to help her in restoring her blog, which she apparently deleted by accident.
Ref Green Eyed Lady
http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:http://greeneyedladymusic.blogspot.com&hl=en&lr=&strip=0
ref GEL
The links on the cached pages seem to be dead. I tried three of them and no luck.
Ref GEL
I found a few that DO work, however, the pagees do not seem to be complete.
@ scoredaddy, quilan
At the base of operations, Team Franklynot received a distress call from The Green Eyed Lady.
The team quickly organized a plan and jumped into action.
Save the Green Eyed Lady, Save the World!
This is great guys! I hope you can do it!
Stay tuned.
Always here to help a Lady in distress, let me know if I can help out.
@filmpac: Many thanks for your praise
to the Goldsmith-songbook. If anybody wants to create a cover/booklet for this compilation; let me know and upload here.
According to "David Lev" I found a
discussion on the F*M-Board
(http://anonymous.scyther-bladez.com/?http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?forumID=1&pageID=2&threadID=42055&archive=0)
I contacted the user 'Arch Stanton' who got a copy of the mastertapes of the score...
the download link is still available
http://rapidshare.com/files/35448387/The_Going_Up_of_David_Lev.zip.html
enjoy...and thanks to Arch
@ Scorefun
I've been working on the covers for 6 hours so far..
Should be up in the next hour or so.
Ennioman
Hey "Clint"
A man after my own heart....sleep, never mind sleep, must finish my covers :)
we must be a pair of pixel pupils:)
Saw an old 70s funk classic last night, gave the soundtrack a spin and loved it. Even though I think it's been shared somewhere before, deserves another go-around. Here then is the Grammy Award winning...
Norman Whitfield feat Rose Royce "Car Wash" (1976), @192:
http://rapidshare.com/files/60154446/RR-CarWash.zip
@ ennioman - Love the covers for the Jazz Project mate, you're dang good at this. Love the music too, a sterling team effort!
@ scorefun - Super, thanks for the David Lev link, can't wait to hear the whole thing now:))
@ THX
Tell me about it! I can never rest until I'm happy...
@ Filmpac
Many thanks friend!
OK, here's the covers for Scorefun's super collection, there are several variations enclosed on the front covers, hope you enjoy them.
http://rapidshare.com/files/60333672/Jerry_Goldsmith_Songbook_COVERS.zip.html
Ennioman
@Clint,
Sorry Ennio, I've just got used to Clint now:)
I've had aquick look at the old covers, nice job, my money is on A or B, can't decide.
What art program do you use, are you a PS or PSP man, I got used to PSP long ago and don't fancy learning all over with PS.
@ Jay
To be honest Jay, I could never ever get used to Photoshop, just never liked it. I just use an old U-Lead program, I'm happy with most things it does, maybe apart from the options involving text, unable to copy and paste into the text window is a bit of a pain in the ass, so occasionally use publisher, but that does not have a back template for CD's.. (I don't think) I haven't actually had publisher that long.
Ennioman (or Clint..)
Cleenio, (how's that)
It's even more inpressive if you're using lesser user-friendly programs, keep it up brother:)
I need to get out of here, I'm rambling in the Travel thread, I think isbum's gonna go ballistic when he gets "home":)
@ Jay
That's the general response I get when I tell people what I'm using!
So I guess I must be doing something right ;-)
Ennioman
Hi friends.
I don't think this has been posted anywhere, but I could be wrong.
This is from the rejected score from THE NEPTUNE FACTOR -William McCauley. It runs approx 42 min. with no fx.
The sound quality is quite good, and the score itself I think, is very enjoyable.
I was not familiar with this composers work, so I was pleasantly surprised at how good it is.
There was also a Lalo Schifrin score on the DVD that was isolated, but it had too many fx as far as I'm concerned, so I didn't make an effort to upload his score.
In my humble opinion, I think I prefer McCauley's score over Schifrins.
Anyhow, I also made frt and bk covers as well.
Hope you all enjoy :)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5VIO232T
listening to the jazz project rite now and FOCKING A it is a damn good compliation. foreals guys good job with that one!!
@ amadues - Dang dude, you always come up with the hardest requests. I've put together a little package containing some which have never seen a full release...
Alex North "Shanks" (1974) - 4 track movie rip bootleg thingy.
David Raksin "Separate Tables" (1958) - 4 tracks from a compilation called A Composer In Hollywood, which I just discovered and can't find any details on, might be a bootleg.
Franz Waxman "Suspicion" (1941) - A 12 minute suite take from a Hitchcock compilation. There does apparently exist an LP for this, but I've never seen it and would definitely second your request.
Herschel Burke Gilbert "The Thief" (1952) - 7 short tracks ripped from DVD. This is from a huge series called Unheard Melodies, done by a feller called Atilla's Violin, all credit to him.
Hope you enjoy this package...
http://rapidshare.com/files/60353205/Amadues_Package.zip
@ ennioman - Awesome job on the Jerry Songbook covers, much appreciated my friend. I think I like the A one best. For mine this is an early nomination for post of the month. Jolly jolly:))
Request:
Angelo Badalementi
Tough Guys Don't Dance
1987
20 tracks
@ ennioman
I was deeply very moved with it. Your art work of jazz project's sleeve is so excellent. Great job!!!
@ isbum
Thank you as a conductor of our jazz orchestra!
My respects to all here jazzers.
Dave Grusin - Random Hearts
http://rapidshare.com/files/60362024/DG-RH.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/60362263/DG-RH.part2.rar
Enjoy!
"Shattered Glass" 2003 Cd @320
by Mychael Danna
http://rapidshare.com/files/60366711/MD_ShatteredGlass.zip
Just because I really like the movie.
No lie.;)enjoy!
What's the password to open the files of FRANK SINATRA-CAPITOL SINGLES? These are the links:
http://share0.com/get?re=1845596177
http://share0.com/get?re=1643409781
http://share0.com/get?re=1755766191
http://share0.com/get?re=1764101039
http://share0.com/get?re=55154717
http://share0.com/get?re=963738547
http://share0.com/get?re=1606377616
Thank you guys and girls!
@ Quinlan - Is the Bud Shank "Michelle" you have in Stereo?
You do know Chet Baker is a featured player on this record, right?
I am thinking it would pair up nicely with the Piero Piccioni and Chet Baker record.
I'm just relaying a message posted at my place by Onzichtbaredj, he said he can't post here so (pasted):
isbum just started something nice. I cannot post there so leave my contribution here. Is from an Italian movie but synchronized in German. The voice is of Gianni Moretti, a very young one. I remember he has a relation with a prostitute. Taped it from the movie.
nr. 19 Sie nehmen die Machine nach...
I do have others, also from Bond movies. "Es ist hübsch hier in den Bergen" from Dr. No and that kind of stuff.
Could you post it please at isbum's?
All the best with your fantastic tasty blog.
Onzichtbaredj
Oh this is the link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/60393246/19_Nummer_19.rar.html
not sure whether it was meantfor the travel or here?
@ isbum and
@ ennioman
Just picked up the Frankly Not jazz comp
Fanatstic, loved it and the artwork is ace !!!
Maybe should try a different theme every couple of months :)
sorry have been low key here, I am another one on chemo at present
@ elias
For Sinatra Capitol, try this:
mistyblue
I've got some more requests, if necessary as a private share.
Does anyone have anything by Roque Banos except "The Machinist" and "Alatriste"? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Also, I'm looking for anything Alexandre Desplat did before his sell-out hollywood-debut.
I know to some of you guys he's this "french newcomer", but seriously, he's been around in France for about 20 years, I know some french movies from the early 80s that had Desplat's minimalism in them and I should assume there gotta be some soundtracks of his from France, right?
If anyone could help with those, I'd thank you a thousand times.
Oh, and lest I forget,
does anyone have any promos by Alan Williams? Thanks.
@Clint/Ennioman: Wow - many thanks for your perfect work on the songbook-artwork; i like it !
Can you please make one little correction on the back-cover?
As I/we know now, the songs from David Lev are sung by 'Topol'...
If you are so kind to upload a new
version that would be very nice.
Thanks for your work... and BTW where do you find all these single-covers for the front artwork?
see you, scorefun
Dave Grusin - On Golden Pond
edited LP-rip without dialogues
http://rapidshare.com/files/60437971/On_Golden_Pond.rar
First off thank you all for your kind words in regards to the Jazz project and Jerry Songbook art.
@Scorefun
Glad you like the covers, but sadly I cannot go back in and edit the text, the program I use U-Lead only allows me to save it as a finished item, unlike publisher where you can re-edit text, but as I said above to THX publisher does not have a template for a CD back cover..
It's not all bad news though, I made a few corrections along the way, corrected the track name from Coma and added that it is sang by Carol Goldsmith for example..
I try to double check everything before making the back final but alas I missed the comments referring to the David Lev tracks, sorry mate.
Covers on the front, well, some are from soundtrack collector and some are from the BSStable..
Ennioman
@ isbum
Again, Bud Shank's "Michelle" I have is not my rip.
The sound quality is more than acceptable (224).
The scan of the back cover indicates that the record is also available in Stereo, sort of inferring that that the record the rip was made from is the Mono one.
However, when carefully listening to it with a headset, I am pretty sure that it's the Stereo version. One can clearly hear the various instruments on separate channels, unless of course I am wrong.
Let me do some restoration and you have it soon.
Regarding Maynard Ferguson's "New Vintage", yes Jay Chattaway co-produced it. He arranged and conducted all compositions except Sonny Rollins' "Airegin".
In addition to that latter one, the tracks are: "Star Wars" Main Title (John Williams, Oasis (Jay Chattaway/Maynard Ferguson), "West Side Story" Maria (Leonard Bernstein), El Vuelo (Jay Chattaway, Sheherazade (Rimsky-Korsakov).
As mel indicated, if it's not on six-by-six blog I don't know where it can be, except on one my shelves ready to be ripped and uploaded if you wish so.
@ thxjay
Reur link on behalf of "Onzichtbaredj".
I'd like to report it in the October link list and credit the originator for it but wonder what to indicate as album or piece of music name as well as artist's name.
I tried to check on IMDb with something like "Nummer 19" or "nr. 19 Sie nehmen die Machine nach" but couldn't find anything.
Thanks a lot for your cooperation
@ reza
So sorry to hear your news.
I wish you well and hope that you will be able to return to blogging soon.
@Scoredaddy
Thank you, nice guy! The password mistyblue works for Sinatra Capitol.
God bless you all!
@ Reza
You get well soon bud, will be great having you back.
Has anyone heard from Chimez yet?
Ennioman
@ quinlan - I would enjoy having your presentation of "New Vintage".
Please post it at your leisure.
If you have other Maynard Ferguson recordings with Jay Chattaway's input on them, I would be interested in those as well.
@ All
Request Please:
I'm after a nice CD rip of Maurice Yarre's THE BRIDE (at least 192+) I have checked on the VS web site and it does not seem to be available now.
Many thanks
Ennioman
They don't make 'em like this any more. Take a gritty tough crime drama, and add a soundtrack that was first recorded some 20 years earlier as a ballet (danced by Ray Bolger in the original stage version, Eddie Albert in the film version, and later Gene Kelly). Waddaya get? Epic film noir...
Richard Rodgers "Slaughter On Tenth Avenue" (1957), LP @320:
http://rapidshare.com/files/60450672/RR-SlaughterOnTenthAvenue.zip
@ ennioman - One Bride coming right up.
@ enniomate - Something of a box office flop despite the presence of Sting, most probably because audiences couldn't decide if it was a horror film or a romance. Jarre went with the romance angle, and this is a lush score performed by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra...
Maurice Jarre "The Bride" (1985), @320:
http://rapidshare.com/files/60533747/MJ-TheBride.zip
@quinlan,
Onzichtbaredj probably needs to create an account so he can comment.....if you're reading this Onzi!
Nowt to do with me, I'm just the messenger:)
good evening isbum.
i have downloaded the jazz cd and what a cd with some cracking tracks well worth the wait.you have the best man on the job regarding the artwork,design and layout.
a big thanks to ennioman aka clint's archive for his great work.
look forward to the next project.
the score.
@ thxjay
I appreciate what you're saying.
What I was trying to say is that if you have a contact with Onzichtbaredj, maybe you could ask him to let you know more details about his "post".
But if you can't, don't worry;
Thanks for your help anyway.
@quinlan,
Sorry if my post sounded "off", it wasn't supposed to:)
I've left him a message on my blog that you need info from him so if he replies, I'll let you know.
(I also suggested he create an account) be easier for everyone.
He seems to hang around Xtabay's, maybe you can grab him there:)
Anyone know what's happened at Licorice Pizza, can't get to his blog, there's a mysterious "Under Attack" message, am I worrying about nothing here?
"A Study of Bud Shank" Lp @320
by Bud Shank
http://rapidshare.com/files/60539076/BS_StudyOfBudShank.zip
Featured players
Maynard Ferguson
Stu Williamson
Bob Enevoldson
No details on the back of this Lp.
Titles like "Valve in Head", "Cool Fool" caught my attention.
@ mel, the last track, "Theme" sounds like Oscar Peterson at the piano. Whoever this is, he's that good.
Post a Comment